Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tithin posted:

So wait is there romance stuff in this?

It doesn't bother me too much if there is, so long as it's done well, but most of biowares stuff tends to be too much

lmao if you use NPCs in a game that lets you create your own party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

I'm sorry facts offend you. Those games did not age well and you know it.
I'm not even a big IE fan but this is a very bad post

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the triggers?

Also, has anybody made any gimmick characters yet? Weak fights? Dimwit Wizards?
I intend to make as stupid a party as humanly possible, led by the clown Toot Mask, master of song and blunderbuss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what skills should my main character have to be good in dialogue? I figure out of conversation I can use anyone's skills to do stuff but in-conversation it's only maindude

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this is amazing because you can click literally anywhere on the page once or twice and end up in a totally different argument about gaming, nazis, trannies and or murder and have absolutely no idea what's going on with the comfortable certainty that neither do any of the participants

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still haven't started this game because I'm having too much fun planning characters. I don't care about autistic min-maxing but I want a party that's fun to use and isn't micromanagement hell. I dunno if these guys are good I asked the games thread but they were talking about the nuances of twitter drama

quote:

Cipher
Human
Ranged/Cipher spells/maximum dialogue option stuff
Intellect > Resolve > Might > Dexterity
Should be able to go close combat in a pinch but will spend most of his time ranged with cipher spells/skills and pistol

Fighter
Tank
Moon Godlike or one of those fags i dunno
Perception > Might > Resolve > Constitution

Monk
Coastal Aumauma
DPS
Might > Dex > Constitution > Resolve
Dual wield/unarmed
Punches dudes, at the front but probably with more micro. Guess he's likely to be a bit squishier than the above guy, but with medium armour he should be fine, especially since it seems like he needs to take some hits to use his superpowers

Chanter

Dwarf
Intellect > Constitution > Might > Resolve
Ideally should be able to be in the thick of combat and hold his own, but not a tanky dude exactly - in front of the Cipher but behind the Paladin and Monk. I dunno gonna see how this class works in practice but it sounds rad

Wizard
Elf
I dunno your usual wizard build w/e
Probably Might first if I want him to be a nuker which I do
then Intellect then Resolve?

Guest Slot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Wizards are hard to use because their spells are hard to land without hitting your buddies. Druids are better about this. Also, get a priest or paladin, unless you can afford potions all the time.
yeah i think im gonna use the crazy priest NPC in my guest slot he sounds cool

gonna start this Game now my impfriends

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

I recommend you name your character Firedorn Lightbringer
they're all being named after Jerkcity characters sorry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's pretty lame if monks don't get any cool fist powers though. Like even BG2 has those

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

am I retarded or do the number keys not select characters? I press 1, it selects main character, I press anything else and nothing happens. wtf

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I made an adventurer monk called Macho Monk Randy Savage based on BBGs stories

this is his av

(the bandages on his hands are for wounds, to show hes ready to do some cool poo poo)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really like that this game seems to have set out with the intent of making generic RPG classes cool as hell

bards that make people explode into worms by singing bad manowar lyrics, Monks powered by their own wounds that do the thing from Dragonball Z where they kick someone across a room then teleport behind them to kick them again, a class dedicated to tearing out people's souls by shooting them with a blunderbuss then turning said souls into psychic attacks, and wizards that beat the poo poo out of people with their grimoires

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

babypolis posted:

its bad that they didnt make a companion for every single class. i like my monk and barbarian but i cant justify using them over a dude with actual personality
who needs personality when you have good stats

use the power of your imagination. My reckless tiny tree man chanter with a creepy clown portrait is far closer to my heart than any premade companion could be

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol they nerfed slicken and that other spell

Bug: accidentally left some reasons to use Wizards in the retail release

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It was entirely possible, even easy after the first 5 or so levels, to solo the entire BG series with a wizard.
Thank u for telling me this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am a huge human being. Stuff things deep into my urethra. I lust for hole stretching. There is no such thing as a human being. Durance poo poo on me now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lol. What did the epitaph say

Something about a dude being sad because he hosed a man in disguise, and if you don't want to fukc men you're extremely bad + triggering, so its bad that that dude was in the game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think the guy who came up with it even said "lmao who cares it was a dumb joke I came up with years ago" and there's still a loving army of RPGCodex members willing to stand and die in his name lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

She loving did it men ............ she beat the video game tomestone and owned it f*cking hard. ....

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to drag robe kid into a dark fuxking internet alleyeway and shank him with the shiv of brutal truth, and then wizards will have good thac0 again .

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the freakin black baby goku got banned after he made the Games thread poo poo themselves for several pages at the sight of someone making jokes, on this comedy forum

Mandy Thompson posted:

You don't sound like a particularly nice person. Perhaps after you have graduated from junior high school you'll learn about the importance of respect.

Mandy Thompson posted:

That's not true, many people do not think it is reasonable to kill yourself for any reason. Its also extremely immature and offensive for you to use that slur along with the term "human being."

rip

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like that I have to live in a dumb inn next to the castle like I'm its loving caretaker or something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Age of Decadence lets you teleport to quest targets when they're in the same city or whatever. The Obsidian grognards have been outdone by a forward-thinking RPGCodex poster.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm doing bounties at level 5. I beat The Dweller second attempt but the annoying bandit dude called Sneaky McFingers or whatever is completely wiping my party with his gang of monks and priests and wizards.

I love battles against "adventurer" parties of a mix of player classes usually but combined with the open field this is where RTwP becomes a clusterfuck :( Gonna need to come back with some better crowd control I guess, thought Cipher + Druid + Priest would be enough.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just clumped raedric at the bottom of the stairs and debuffed. No idea how to take the Fingers McPinchin bounty since its in an open area

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Maerwen or w/e? He ran at me, slipped on a slicken, then my cipher put a pistol under his chin in a sick rear end cool dirty harry move and blew him up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Remember creepy cradle snatcher stalker elf In nwn2 lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I gave my druid Scion of Flame because it seemed like a good idea but the only fire spell he has out of the first three spell levels is a kind of lovely fireball that doesn't do much damage

just Owned the Endless Paths level 5 boss first time with hardly any health loss on my party but I'm still getting my rear end kicked by Sly Cydrel. wtf. is he there to be my own personal nemesis forever

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder what the tombstones will say now ........

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

does the weird floor of Od Nua with the elemental prisms and forges do anything? I placed them all and literally nothing happened.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the exit is like the continuation of an open corridor and the last few forges are off to the side just before you fight those guys. wtf

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just dump int

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hahaha the Lead Spitter blunderbuss with its DR piercing combined with the penetrating shot just shreds loving everything. Also I have it on my Cipher and basically I feel like the secret challenge of this game is getting to the end before this build gets rope kid'd again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Atleast Da:O had fun combat.
that's true ....... in opposite land :twisted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Durance loved blowing up a god so much that he's dedicated himself to blowing up his own god and I can't hate someone who knows what he wants out of life like that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I cringe a bit when I see someone posting in the games thread telling people to make a full party of custom NPCs immediately on Hard because that's what the game is balanced around

Games posters are bad at games (and life) but a full party of custom NPCs with a spare slot for Durance is the most fun way to play. Or maybe my broken brain just really loves character generation I guess

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

You see, that fireball can be fired correctly with your characters inside the yellow sphere vs that fireball will demolish the entire room and kill you all.
Different spells do different things and this confuses and angers me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=421#post443958908

why would you play this game if you don't like tactics and combat? this isn't Planescape: Torment or some poo poo where it's just an interactive novel with AD&D pasted on top of it
loving lmao
"the tiny minority of people that enjoy combat"

can you imagine if someone said about a song, like, "the tiny minority of listeners that enjoy guitar riffs" or "the tiny minority of readers that enjoy prose"

why does this dude play computer games

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Kana got knocked prone in a fight, and stayed prone after the fight was over. When we walked through an area he just would glide over the sands on his butt like some kind of freaky telekinetic limbo master. didn't go away until a conversation with a quest giver forced him into a different animation and now I'm sad its gone
That happened to me in Saints Row 4 last week, but that's a totally different game and isn't relevant, and there's no payoff to this post to make up for it. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I am about to start playing this for the first time and I am looking for some advice on making a cipher for hard mode. I am going with some kind of godlike, does this affect anything or is it just cosmetic? What stats are important? After bonuses I arrived at 8 might, 10 con, 11 dex, 15 per 19 int 15 res. Is this good or are the fighting stats too low? How much will I need for each of the conversation stats to always have a good amount of options available? For spells I am thinking the terrify and the charm since they sound the most fun, are they any good?
Ciphers are crazy good at DPS, you want 18 might and about 16-17 dex. Dump per and res since they're useless for characters who aren't sitting on the front line, and Ciphers are too squishy to be melee fighters. To get the most out of him, you want him at middle range with a blunderbuss for most of the game.

The post at the top of this page is really good and will steer you right:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706905&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=193

• Locked thread