Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's pretty fun. Rangers suck, though. Don't play them.

I'm also hoping the Numenera game turns out good, but Wasteland 2 was pretty disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Strategic Tea posted:

Why do rangers always suck? also why do they always attract bad players (incl me. especially me)

Because their pet is made of tissue paper and their ranged abilities don't do anything to give them more DPS than a ranged Rogue. Your best bet is to go two-handed, get the skill that gives you extra accuracy against enemies your pet is attacking, and use your pet as a shittier fighter to knock down enemies you're attacking so you can consistently hit enemies. But then again, you can still get more damage out of just comboing a Fighter with a Rogue. All the other classes are genuinely good, but the Ranger blows.

Also don't listen to Knuc U Kinte, he hasn't quite been right in the head ever since he drank a can of lead paint as a child.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Extra posted:

bet you jerks haven't even finished Arcanum yet

I've beat it. Magic > Technology, IMO, because I don't think anything on the tech side will let me flat out disintegrate a guy.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

qnqnx posted:

enjoy disintegrating the loot

I think by the time I got Disintegrate, the only things left to cast it on were monsters, locked doors, and losers with poo poo I didn't want so I could spam it freely.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Got the key, got the preload, and got Ground Zeroes to play until the game releases. gently caress yeah.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Contra Calculus posted:

What's bad about Torment? I literally know nothing about that game at the moment.

Also, got the beta of this when I backed it and enjoyed it for the most part.

Wasteland 2 was a mess and Chris Avellone is only writing a little bit for it. That and Numenera, the tabletop game, is pretty mediocre so they don't have a great groundwork to build on.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

is this going to be available for dl like midnight tonight or is this some bullshit where it gets released like 2 in the afternoo on

Releases at like 9 AM in California. So at like noon on the east coast.

Contra Calculus posted:

Wow really? Chris Avellone not being the main writer for it makes it kind of pointless since PS: T is mostly hailed as a good game due to his writing.

Guess it's good inXile has nothing to do with Pillars of Eternity

I think the main writer for Torment worked on Planescape: Torment with Chris, but it's weird how he isn't doing more for it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like the portraits, although some of them based off rich backers and thus the majority of the white human men look like the kind of people you'd find at the comic book store.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

surc posted:

so you are saying they will be accurate

Compare this backer portrait

to this portrait of a fictional person

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The backer portrait is cooler.

I like his side burns.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

imo the best portrait i've seen so far is the guy on the left here

I like that one. That's a backer, too, I think. Wish the other backers would've spread out amongst the other dorky races instead of concentrating on humans. It's a little vanilla.

Also Knuc, your standards of impossibly beautiful are a little low. Have you been playing too many Bioware games?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Papercut posted:

Apparently there are cutscenes that put the PC right in front of enemies before battle starts, so probably the most boring passive tank you can imagine.

Usually it positions them by party order, at least judging from the ones I've seen in the beta and the streams so far. So if you drag your tanks to the front of the party order, it shouldn't do that. Of course, there might be some cutscenes where your dude goes out to talk to another guy or some poo poo, I dunno.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Papercut posted:

Brush up on the engagement system, noob :spergin:

e: I'm gonna play a Hearth Orlan Rogue like all the other packfollowers.

Engagement isn't too hard to escape, honestly. If your team has any ranged stuns or knock downs like Slicken, you should be fine.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Obsidian doesn't have the nuts to take on Bioware at their own game.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you romance her you shave a dirty word into your pussy to seduce her...and it works! Your move, Obsidian.

Get out of here, anime lover.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bedlamdan posted:

ok but there at least has to be random prostitute npcs in towns you can give gold to, followed by an immediate fade to black, and then you just leave

it is an rpg rule ropekid

I found some files in the beta that suggests there are and that you get temporary buffs from banging the poo poo out of them.

I wonder what Big Durmsey gives you.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 26, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol Obsidian puts in juvenile prostitute crap, but can't tackle real romances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9HM3-5rWYo

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't played Citadel yet so forgive me if I don;t spoil myself.

ok how about

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You mean the well rounded character voiced by an a-list celebrity whose nuances are only enhanced by his optional romance? What about him?

Wasn't his voice actor in Delgo and the live action Scooby Doo movies

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wasn;t his voice actor in blockbuster hollywood films :buddy:

I think Delgo was the inverse of a blockbuster. To be fair, I thought he was a pretty good Fred in that Scooby-Doo film. And I liked I Know What You Did Last Summer as well.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goldust'd be an Aqun-Athlok. That's what we call someone born one gender but living as another.

:vince:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Holy poo poo it comes with a cook book.

6 GB day one patch? Good thing my college internet goes at 50 mb/s, otherwise I'd be like Frank Horrigan up there.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 26, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That Durance guy is a bit unsettling. I'm not sure what his deal is.

Also I think Eder and Kana are pretty cool dudes.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 26, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

If you play this poo poo you belong in a zoo.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Im playing a human cipher and it's pretty cool. You're essentially a slightly shittier fighter with access to spells that recharge during and after fights instead of per rest like wizards. I got access to my first tier 2 spells and they're extremely powerful. Don't go in the ruined temple in the town though. I have the crazy elf wizard and the human fighter with me and I'm getting my rear end kicked. I'll come back later I guess.

You gotta get the even crazier priest and the cool sharkman chanter. Go south of town, get the priest, then go to Caed Nua and get the chanter. Don't go into Caed Nua right then and there, though, or you'll get the poo poo beat out of you by a million ghosts that can teleport or stun on hit.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Haven't been into Caed Nua after I got beat up. I did kill Lord Raedric, though, and now I've got Eder a nice set of platemail and Kana a big greatsword.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Haha. People are straight up telling others how to play the game and where secrets and characters are unsolicited.

If you can figure out where these characters are within an hour of starting the game, they're not exactly secret.

You should really play this, though. It's pretty fun, Knuc.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm going to, but it's already reminding me of when I played dark souls and could not post anything without someone giving me a walk through for the game.

My bad, bro.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Brazil taxes video games in the same bracket as gambling, right? Tough break, bro.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

This. A lot of characters randomly have the cutting off voice clips thing. I almost rather that nobody was voiced.

Also, the battle music sucks bad.

Battle music varies. One track is really great, but there's this really boring one with lots of Skyrim style chanting and I hate it.

At least the game is mostly bug-free. Pathfinding and audio needs work, but otherwise I haven't had any problems.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Parallax Scroll posted:

how is this different from baldurs gate

No D&D rules.

Also god drat this Durance guy is off his loving rocker.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 27, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I never played any IE games and all the warnings and recommendations that direct you to easy are loving dumb.

Yeah Easy is more for people who can't play video games at all.

Bedlamdan posted:

Eder dude the hanging tree is not a chill place to relax and get high

Eder is pretty chill, but he doesn't have much to say unlike Durance.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Eder is the only character who's not a homo. I kinda wish paladins were like priests and picked a specific god, because it'd be cool if you could upgrade him into a proper paladin instead of just a fighter who talks about his gay god all the time.

Actually maybe that happens with his personal quest. Who knows! I haven't even gone beyond the gay keep or whatever yet.

Kana is pretty cool. He just wants to find a cool book and go on adventures. And Durance is fun to bring around because he makes your other party members mad all the time because he's a giant dickhead.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Anyway, I restarted as a Moon Godlike Chanter and cranked it up to hard. Chanter is so freaking cool. Much better than ranger and their lovely pets.

They really are one of the best classes, along with Monks and Rogues.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Think I'm going to make a paladin next. I want to make a dude who is super about his faith, so thats pally or priests but I heard priests were kind of bad. Like their heals are worse than their offensive spells, but if you're going to focus on offensive spells the other classes do it better.

Priest buffs and debuffs are good, but priest heals are made invalid by potions.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

my character is a huge homo but i didnt play the game at all yet so i could make a new one that doesnt suck... which race is the best? elves obviously not included, because theyre the worst

Island Aumaua. Gotta get that extra weapon set and +2 Might, bro.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I think someone from SA is getting really butthurt on /v/ about this game. what a fag

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't give a poo poo.

Fcuk you!!!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Unguided posted:

It's fun but I'm probably going to take a break until they patch out some of the bugs and reroll. Starting to regret Godlike's lack of helmets.

All helmets do is give +2 stat boosts from what I've found so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Givin posted:

Both of my main character saves have been hit with the double click bug and are thus worthless. Stay safe Goons. Don't let it happen to you.

So what exactly does it do? Good thing I always click and drag like a true Infinity Engine pro.

• Locked thread