Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I agree with MT about that, it was just A LITTLE PREMATURE to GET INTO THAT, murmur TWIN

I've found I enjoy Mafia most when I just say every single thing I'm thinking as I think it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

It's ok, I'd already worked that out :)

I did strongly hint at it but I wanted you to keep keeping on instead of being under pressure right away but OH WELL FARTZ

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (5): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom
wall monitor (4): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
TheRam (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
fiery_valkyrie (0): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I did strongly hint at it but I wanted you to keep keeping on instead of being under pressure right away but OH WELL FARTZ

Dude, it's not like I'm gonna back down on this push just cause you think it's scummy.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I can't read for poo poo atm but I'm all done. maybe be back later idk gotta get looooose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
diqnol, please can you clarify if it's my aggressive push you find scummy or the read on WM itself?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FYI I'm going to be away until saturday night. I'll still check in here in my phone but my time will be limited.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Opopanax posted:

FYI I'm going to be away until saturday night. I'll still check in here in my phone but my time will be limited.

In that case I've got an idea that I think just might work for every body!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quietly ignore me until I'm back?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha awhhh how can I lynch you opop :(

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

its the av that gets me...

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

diqnol, please can you clarify if it's my aggressive push you find scummy or the read on WM itself?

I think you're leaping onto something easily misinterpreted/smelling blood in the water.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I think you're leaping onto something easily misinterpreted/smelling blood in the water.

Seems like from an outside perspective the same thing could be said about you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I disagree with this because Rarity was the one to put the blood in the water, and WM's posts keep pinging my "this is scummy" radar.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, nothing you can put your finger on, it just, you know, smells.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

hey bowmore it's really nitpicky but can you put the votefinder at the top of the OP? scrolling down for it suxx

ty m8

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Seems like from an outside perspective the same thing could be said about you.

The difference is you had to manufacture the read on WN while I simply caught Opop in a contradiction out of the gate. Apples and basketballs, Rarity. Apples and basketballs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The difference is you had to manufacture the read on WN

I'm not the only who's read it that way though?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The difference is you had to manufacture the read on WN while I simply caught Opop in a contradiction out of the gate. Apples and basketballs, Rarity. Apples and basketballs.

I really wouldn't call it manufactured.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

Murmur Twin posted:

WM: Can you take me through what you were thinking when you posted this?

My read on WM is pretty much dependent on if they answer this post.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

My read on WM is pretty much dependent on if they answer this post.

The original vote on Valkyrie was because his vote on me really seemed like he was reaching for a chance to drop suspicion on someone.

That post in particular... what was going through my head was that I needed to keep posting, was still kind of grasping for something to say, and thought, 'hey, should I recant my FV vote... nah. Okay, I'll post about that.' Perhaps not the best move given the reaction I got from it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

wall monitor posted:

The original vote on Valkyrie was because his vote on me really seemed like he was reaching for a chance to drop suspicion on someone.

That post in particular... what was going through my head was that I needed to keep posting, was still kind of grasping for something to say, and thought, 'hey, should I recant my FV vote... nah. Okay, I'll post about that.' Perhaps not the best move given the reaction I got from it.

It sounds like WM felt the pressure to post but didn't see any good cases. That says "newbie" (no offense) more than necessarily "town" or "scum" to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Murmur Twin posted:

You're telling me with a straight face that you think that this

and

were intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?

I pulled an all-nighter last night. Not on purpose, I just couldn't shut my brain off. :sigh:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but no. I was mostly just arguing semantics with Diqnol.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

wall monitor posted:

Why the "nah"? What about my posting between your two comments on me made you think that you shouldn't recant your vote?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
So many posts.

Rarity posted:

By the way, Viva I would really like to hear what you think of wall monitor!
I think he is super nervous that you are casing him!

I see what others saw in the backtracking on FV thing. To answer him last night, it's not changing your mind that suspicious, obvi, it's that he did it after something bland/typical was pointed out to him/he met resistance. Don't have a problem with the initial vote.

Not super interested in debating how newbie/not newbie scum play. Works both ways, like nervousness. 8 games is not newbie.

wall monitor posted:

This, however, might be enough... it took him a couple hours before he followed up by claiming it was a joke. I don't like this much. It'd be a lot more believable if he said 'I was confirming that I am still going to play in this game' which is both more believable to me than claiming joke and also what I would do if I was scum caught out in a lie.
This is funny cause this isn't what's bad about Opop.

Transitioning, what is bad about Opop is what rarity said. Scumslip seems like stretching. It's dropping a vote on WM and peacing that's lame and maybe scummy.

Continuing on Opop which is more interesting to me than WM:

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm genuinely confused by the fact that people are talking about anything besides Opop at the moment.

Murmur Twin posted:

You're telling me with a straight face that you think that [these]
were intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?
You are arguing that Opop made a scum slip, then came back a day later and made the same exact scumslip! Which is gloriously ridiculous if true, but is it really likely?? I'm want it to be, but lean no.

ps.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Are you sure? I swear you and KP were talking about getting married in one game.
Yeah, I totes got married last May, but I played games after that. Remember Civ2? It was going back to school in the fall/being burned out after survivor that caused me to take a leave.

What's FOS? something of suspicion?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

finger

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How do you find that out?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I feel like garbage. I did my work and now I have a bad cold presumably from being run down. That's not an issue for the mafia however, for I will blow this game open tomorrow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man I feel like I can't vote for any POSTING STARS

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thankfully that means I can ##vote Opop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You're really putting a lot of effort in there, Hal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Exakt, what's your take on WM and Opop?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You're really putting a lot of effort in there, Hal.

I feel very strongly about this, so much so that I am putting all my effort into it. It's hard to see that over the internet, but it's there.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

You are arguing that Opop made a scum slip, then came back a day later and made the same exact scumslip! Which is gloriously ridiculous if true, but is it really likely?? I'm want it to be, but lean no.

Let's say it was a joke. What's your read on Opop?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel very strongly about this, so much so that I am putting all my effort into it. It's hard to see that over the internet, but it's there.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

A) Why do people call it cuddle now?

B) I've never heard of a player procrastinating when they get a FOS on them, unless they are attempting to hide in the background and hope a more suspicious person comes forward, which is a scummy play more than it is a town play.

A) Because it is adorable.

B) I find people who fall back, don't answer/avoid questions, etc to be extremely scummy.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (6): GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, TheRam, CapitalistPig, Murmur Twin, DuckHuntDog, CapitalistPig, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza
wall monitor (4): fiery_valkyrie, Rarity, Max, Opopanax
EXAKT Science (0): Rarity, Rarity
TheRam (0): Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE (0): Opopanax, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
fiery_valkyrie (0): EXAKT Science, wall monitor, EXAKT Science, wall monitor
CapitalistPig (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Rarity (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (0): DuckHuntDog, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, DuckHuntDog
Max (0): Rarity, Rarity
Poison Mushroom (0): Poison Mushroom, Max, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Poison Mushroom, Max

Not Voting (5): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, King Burgundy, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 27th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 52 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I agree with MT about that, it was just A LITTLE PREMATURE to GET INTO THAT, murmur TWIN

I'm sure there is code here that I'm supposed to decipher, but I'm failing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I've found I enjoy Mafia most when I just say every single thing I'm thinking as I think it. :)

Yes. Agreed.

• Locked thread