Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

I wasn't trying to tell you off i was trying to play mafia. I'm sorry I can't do anything right this game.

Viva do you still want to shoot me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
f_v are you still here?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Kind of. I'm trying to finish up some work before the long weekend.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Kind of. I'm trying to finish up some work before the long weekend.

If you get a minute would you make a Lumpenlist?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Here's mine at the moment. Subject to change!

SERIOUSLY CIA
wall monitor
Max
VivaNova

SUSPICIOUSLY SOVIET
CapitalistPig
DuckHuntDog
Propaganda Machine (hey by the way!)

COMFORTABLY CUBAN
Byers
Murmur Twin
fiery_valkyrie

LEE HARVEY OSWALD
EXAKT Science

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

VivaNova posted:

1. She's an opop/defender but doesn't get cased D2.

She voted WM before the scumslip and never budged. This is all fine, there were legit reasons to vote WM D1.She spent a good chunk of time D1 arguing with diqnol about his dismissal of WM and doing a light defense of Opop. Here's her final post on the topic:

Of the D1 WM voters, how the hell does she appear to have gotten a free pass D2!? OK, a big part is that town hero diqnol suspected rarity/myself in his will. But even Max, who diqnol pegs as town, has received more pushback over his D1 play than FV. She's slipped totally under the radar of the "WM push was a scum distraction" faction, which was the majority faction D2 and that seems super odd. And yes, D2 is long and super painful for me to read. If I am missing someone who threw suspicion on her, please show me.

In summary: FV was a straight D1 WM vote/Opop defender. She argued newbie scum stuff with Rarity against Diqnol. She was more convinced of WM over Opop than Max and I were. Yet she took less heat than all three of us. Why?

Here's why I'm giving her some slack; I think wall's scum. I don't see a scumbro pushing a case onto another scum to save Opop, which is a large part of why I'm looking at wall as scum. Because wall pushed f_v. I think what happened D1 is that Opop scumslipped and independently wall as scum made some crucial bad posts around f_v. So when Rarity forced Opop to make a vote, the only vote he could make was wall. He didn't want to vote wall, but had to because there's no reason for him not to in that situation except to vote a scumbro.

The other two points you make are good.

VivaNova posted:

Now then. I would like someone to tell me why Exakt shouldn't be killed today.

Because wall is worse. Right now, I have wall, EXAKT, and then DHD/you in a tie for third for my top three scum. Based on that list, the only reason I'm not voting EXAKT is because wall exists.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

Also same question for Pig.

I like his call D1 on Opop and wall, and his votes suggest his head's in the right place instead of firmly up his rear end like usually (j/k, CPig, ya know I love ya!), so I'm leaning lurking town Pig right now.

Murmur Twin posted:

(b) Pig is town who isn't reading the game, isn't trying to make cases, and voting at random

But he's not voting at random?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Yep. Based on the flip I moved my suspicion of WM down my list. Opop parked his vote on WM and peaced out and WM was the only other potential lynch. I think it was more likely that WM wasn't his teammate, than that it was a bus. Why risk another scum teammate getting lynched when you've been caught on a scum slip?

Because Rarity specifically pressured Opop to make that vote, which he did before he basically peaced out. He did not make that vote, he was forced to.

EXAKT Science posted:

I'm not lovers with anyone and I probably shouldn't be anywhere near LYLO, so now's the best time to misdunk me if you're going to.

There is never a good time to mislynch town. You can't even claim you're protecting power roles by being sacrificial, you're just straight-up playing the "for the good of the town" card.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Im town is probably the best reason not to kill me id say

##vote exakt

If he flips town viva is next.

No, actually because of this if EXAKT flips town I think we look your way now, because that's a beautiful chain you just laid out there.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

If I didn't make this clear, I got a gun last night. I assume from Rarity and I assume to blow ES's idiot head off with, but I'm open to suggestions and grovelling.

Shoot wall or EXAKT.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Here's mine at the moment. Subject to change!

SERIOUSLY CIA
wall monitor
Max
VivaNova

SUSPICIOUSLY SOVIET
CapitalistPig
DuckHuntDog
Propaganda Machine (hey by the way!)

COMFORTABLY CUBAN
Byers
Murmur Twin
fiery_valkyrie

LEE HARVEY OSWALD
EXAKT Science

Oh, a LumpenList and he's encouraging others to make them as well? Yeah, shoot EXAKT.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Byers2142 posted:

But he's not voting at random?

"Seemingly at random" would have been a better choice of words there. Obviously my and CPig's play styles are completely different - I am inherently distrustful of people who vote without explanation why they're doing so.

In that vein:

wall monitor posted:

Yeah, how is that case coming?

DuckHuntDog posted:

That's a bit misleading considering the game hasn't been open for D3 that long and most of that was a workday.

Propaganda Machine posted:

murder to win, we have not had a proper slapfight yet

HAVE AT ME

There's a whole lot of people who I'm finding myself distrustful of at the moment. If it was truly down to WM vs. EXAKT I think WM is a better target - his response to be threatened with a vig was to sit back whereas I feel like town would have engaged - but I also feel like there are people that haven't weighed in yet who probably should.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'd like to see the vig happen in the next 12 hours, so we have a full day to use that flip in our discussion before deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I'd like to see the vig happen in the next 12 hours, so we have a full day to use that flip in our discussion before deadline.

When I say I "want people to weigh in first" I want to be clear - my goal is to encourage people to :justpost:, not to delay the vig.

Thinking about it more critically - EXAKT is probably the best vig target. I feel that a lot of my reads on this game would be strengthened or weakened by knowing his alignment, and I like that it would force certain people (CPig and WM off the top of my head) to produce new cases.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

When I say I "want people to weigh in first" I want to be clear - my goal is to encourage people to :justpost:, not to delay the vig.

Thinking about it more critically - EXAKT is probably the best vig target. I feel that a lot of my reads on this game would be strengthened or weakened by knowing his alignment, and I like that it would force certain people (CPig and WM off the top of my head) to produce new cases.

That's fair, I just don't think the vig should be held because people aren't posting about it.

I'd be cool with it being used on people that aren't posting, actually. Shoot a lurker, win my heart.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I'd be cool with it being used on people that aren't posting, actually. Shoot a lurker, win my heart.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

I will shoot a lurker when bowmore returns

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

VivaNova posted:

I will shoot a lurker when bowmore returns

When the mod is the lurker...

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, a LumpenList and he's encouraging others to make them as well? Yeah, shoot EXAKT.

Why is this something I should be shot over, exactly?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Why is this something I should be shot over, exactly?

Encouraging LumpenLists in the game favors scum, not town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

Encouraging LumpenLists in the game favors scum, not town.

How??

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Have I been grievously misinformed about the utility of LumpenLists?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Scum can use them to develop cases on town players that other town are likely to follow to drive mislynches. At the same time, developing LumpenLists are easy and thus they're easy to fake. There was a game run by Lumpen to prove that LumpenLists were valuable; scum rolled town in it, perfect victory, by doing exactly what everyone's always told Lumpen scum would do with LumpenLists.

They're not just hated because they're Lumpens, they're hated because their a tool that looks town-y but is insanely weighted towards helping scum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Have I been grievously misinformed about the utility of LumpenLists?

If you seriously thought they were useful, yes. Very much so.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

There was a game run by Lumpen to prove that LumpenLists were valuable; scum rolled town in it, perfect victory, by doing exactly what everyone's always told Lumpen scum would do with LumpenLists.
Link??

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

It was pre-Votefinder. merk was in it and he quoted it in the past 4 months... somewhere, which led to me reading it, but finding the link isn't happening, sorry. :effort:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

If you seriously thought they were useful, yes. Very much so.

For real I did not know that. I thought they were good.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Doesn't change my scumreads, though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Byers2142 posted:

Here's why I'm giving her some slack; I think wall's scum. I don't see a scumbro pushing a case onto another scum to save Opop, which is a large part of why I'm looking at wall as scum. Because wall pushed f_v. I think what happened D1 is that Opop scumslipped and independently wall as scum made some crucial bad posts around f_v. So when Rarity forced Opop to make a vote, the only vote he could make was wall. He didn't want to vote wall, but had to because there's no reason for him not to in that situation except to vote a scumbro.

The other two points you make are good.

Because wall is worse. Right now, I have wall, EXAKT, and then DHD/you in a tie for third for my top three scum. Based on that list, the only reason I'm not voting EXAKT is because wall exists.

I don't agree with your opinion that Opop was forced to place a vote. He was barely engaging in the thread anyway and I think it would have been very easy for him to ignore Rarity's push to vote WM. I might be wrong, but my opinion at the time was that it was a vote on a non-team buddy rather than a bus.

I also don't agree with your opinion on DHD. Read his D1 again. He was on the Opop case early and argued rationally with people who were disagreeing with it.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Long week at work but I am around now and off tomorrow.

It would be nice if people would read Hal/PM and say something.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

DuckHuntDog posted:

Long week at work but I am around now and off tomorrow.

It would be nice if people would read Hal/PM and say something.

There's not much else to say. PM hasn't posted anything yet. Do you think I should use the vig on her?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I thought Hal was scum and PM isn't playing. I am not going to tell you how to use a vig, but I would personally if nobody is going to vote her.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

DuckHuntDog posted:

I thought Hal was scum and PM isn't playing. I am not going to tell you how to use a vig, but I would personally if nobody is going to vote her.

I think it's very unlikely anyone else will vote her even tomorrow. MT and byers signed off on it and I don't think FV will care. I don't care what the others think so

##shoot Propoganda Machine

-now you don't have to read the game!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Hal

Dear Diary today I got the loveliest hat. I look absolutely fetching in it and I can only hope that it is seen by good people like Giuseppe Pizzapie and not but horrible people like King Burgundy who the secret service tell me has unsavory underworld ties.

Really it is quite the hat.

quote:

Hal

I told you fools to vote for clear scum EXAKT but of course you didn't listen and now look where things are! Please in the future listen to me because I am clearly right almost all the time. Also I understand the value of a really fetching hat.

But seriously, why did you people kill me? Is it because you are scared of people who are RIGHT?

quote:

P Machine

Power is a curious thing. We know not what we get ourselves into. Were we wise, we should know that death and destruction lurk at every corner, and yet we reinvest ourselves all the same. Though I am sad to be lost to this mortal coil, I can hope only that my brief presence has served to enlighten the world at large, and provide hope to those who have none. Also, gently caress ******.

Propaganda Machine Town-Aligned Vanilla has been shot and died Day 3

the game continues

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

EXAKT Science (2): fiery_valkyrie, CapitalistPig
wall monitor (2): Byers2142, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science
VivaNova (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Byers2142 (0): Max, Max, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (5): DuckHuntDog, Max, Murmur Twin, VivaNova, wall monitor

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 03rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (3): fiery_valkyrie, VivaNova, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie
VivaNova (3): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Max
Rarity (3): King Burgundy, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Murmur Twin
Hal Incandenza (1): DuckHuntDog
King Burgundy (1): Poison Mushroom
TheRam (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Max, Max, TheRam, TheRam

Not Voting (2): fiery_valkyrie, wall monitor

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 30th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 36 minutes.

bowmore posted:

FINAL Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (7): King Burgundy, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Murmur Twin, EXAKT Science, Max, fiery_valkyrie, Rarity
EXAKT Science (2): fiery_valkyrie, VivaNova, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie, Rarity
VivaNova (1): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Max, EXAKT Science, Max
Hal Incandenza (1): DuckHuntDog
King Burgundy (1): Poison Mushroom
TheRam (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Max, Max, TheRam, TheRam

Not Voting (1): wall monitor

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 30th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 minutes.

Looking back at this from yesterday right before the switch to Rarity when there were three targets with about equal votes, two of the votes on Exact have now flipped town, and the only one that moved off was Rarity self hammering. Exact and Max moved off Viva onto Rarity, and Exact was a target up to that point. I don't see Viva being scum on this vote unless it is with Exact or Max. I am going to reread those two.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

I forgot about this, and it bothered me at the time. Exact was distancing from the case on Opop really early and then asking for people to case others when that was basically the only substantive thing going on, and then immediately backed off with this and the "scum sun" when I mentioned something.

That said, Exact is pushing Viva pretty hard and I don't see it as a bus. I don't think there is a connection there.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

Exact gave me three names to post reactions to who had been defending Opop a bit (omitting f_v, for some reason), and Max had a pretty strong reaction to it here when I hadn't even made a vote or said I was going to vote him. He also stayed well away from taking much of a stance on the Opop vote.

Max pushed Viva a bit D2 but ostensibly cooled on it today. I don't think it is Viva, but if it is I could see her being teammates with Max here, especially the way that D2 vote went down.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Max you're being super silly. Also,

Why?

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva, Max, and WM are my top three scumreads at the moment.

Here's something interesting; the first post is the one time ES has any sort of post or interaction with Max, and then by the second he is pushing Max as a top scumread. He has repeated it and not really explained that one at all. I could see ES putting a teammate Max as a top scum read but not really casing him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max has no interaction with ES that I can read at all. I could see both of them being scum and moving off Viva and on to Rarity to save ES. Of the two, I would rather:

##vote Exact Science

• Locked thread