Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I like you Bowmore. So I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Why are you so obviously a friendly nice person Hal? I just looked it up, apparently your name is the name of some dude in a dystopian novel. Man you're so smart and nice :allears:.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I think Max seems town since he thought the same thing I did about not getting a PM.

I've got 24 hours before I hand in the most important piece of work of my life to date! So I'm just going to be skimming the thread and shitposting for a while.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Guiseppe is diqnol yeh?

Don't do a nice guy PR, I used to try that it's lame. Just don't get into prolonged slapfights BE URSELF m8

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'll say this while I can still be mean: I don't know what Bowmore is going to require from you guys activity wise, but speaking for myself, I expect a lot out of all of you. Don't lurk in this one. It's pure mafia and it's something you will rarely experience here or elsewhere. Town, make an effort. Scum, don't be lazy, make your win mean something other than "lurking works ugh". I want this to be a special game. Help me make it one.

I hope you're town because I too love vanilla games and trying hard and once I achieve a decent level of freedom and stresslessness tomorrow afternoon I intend to blow this bitch wide open.

Don't disappoint me!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha lol oh poo poo did Opop actually scum slip?

##vote opopanax

I don't want to mod bus but I mean either opop is probably scum or he's a town power role.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Actually I did it well and everyone loved it. I don't think I was stilted at all! KB can tell you either way.

I love me some slapfights tho

lol opop!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

~~~MAX CONFIRMED TOWN AND OPOP CONFIRMED SCUM DUE TO ISSUES IN THE BOWMORE DELIVERY SYSTEM~~~

don't worry scum team, this is like all vanilla so losing a scum to a scum slip probably doesn't matter when the majority of the forums can't scum hunt and I have a penchant for getting lynched or NK'd

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'll fight you diqnol

you are a butthole

I saw some scum doc we were bros in years ago just recntly when I was mafia nostalgiaing. I have no actual memory but I think you're a cool dude

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

wait, you do or you don't hijack?

I try to win and enjoy myself and I don't mean it if I call people mean things that is all.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

to anyone who's concerned with how off topic this seems it would appear that opop probably did scumslip...

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I am er ah confahming

Opopanax posted:

Yeah I guess he did town first ##vote diqnol

Opopanax posted:

I am a N0 tracker, and I tracked bowmore to you, so I know for a fact you got a PM. Why you lying, huh? What do you have to prove?

nah I kind of buy this as you accidentally letting it slip, then trying to look "Opop" lol

sorry m8

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Opop's slip-up seems really suspicious, but gut is telling me to hold off a little bit. I dunno.

gut? or scum doc

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CP I don't even know what you are man. Two times I put you as unreadable/town and you just imploded as scum.
One of those wasn't your fault but lol mate you're an enigma.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

nah that's lazy and not scum hunting

whoopie look it's me the scum

nah just kidding

opop gotta go-pop

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

i have the weirdest boner right now

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

responding to the only thing I've read because it involved me:
max is town because he said the same thing I was thinking basically about not getting a pm
scum got pms fo sho, the way max dropped it seemed legit to me

tho i'm not confident he's going to be a ~~~good poster~~~ so far since that lynch claimed scum thing.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

oh my god of course max isn't CONFIRMED TOWN to me it's just a read that stuck out why do people insist on not applying common sense to things

just a fyi I have played like 80 games of mafia and whilst I will definitely point out weak babbys first mafia logic especially when applied to me i'm going to try to refuse to engage in prolonged discussions about it for everyones sake tho mostly mine

I have at least a pseudo-tell which isn't alignment based but I tend to be grammatically correct and word things eloquently when I'm making a serious point.

whereas if i have a thought idc about that much i just write it down and go about my business byyeeeeeee max is SO TOWN but MAYBE BAD !!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

I'm going to go back and re-read the thread. This game started when I was busy helping my fiance get ready for a trip yesterday, and I've been at a conference all day today, and have been relying on the awful app to read this and another game. That thing isn't super conducive to getting a good overview for me in these games.

I don't know why anyone would call me confirmed town, honestly. That's a bad call to make so early in the game.

conference...
conducive...

ooh talk dirty to me what's the conference about?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

its true max's subsequent demonstration of intellect makes me give more pause to the town read...

now I understand why people have so much difficulty believing I'm town... intimidation hmmm...

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

I don't know why anyone would call me confirmed town, honestly. That's a bad call to make so early in the game.

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

fyi I'd like if people didn't kill pop before tomorrow night when I have a chance to actually try to play this game and try to nail all the scum d1 in a list post

I might get fuckeddd upppp though so maybe it'll be a bit conspiracy theorist-y

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Max posted:

Look man, I don't even know why you're doing this mafia thing to yourself. I was a complete incomprehensible mess before my defense and subsequent acceptance of my thesis, and was only eventually soothed by multiple hot dogs and a Cubs game.

what are you trying to say eh?

what kind of scholar are you

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey TheRam, who do you think is scum?

Hey shut up!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

you guys really should entertain the possibility that there are other people to vote before we kill opop, then we must proceed to kill opop sadly,

I'm thinking maybe kill opp tomorrow in time to get another game day friday with a deadline mon cus of weekend... yeh that sounds great

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

VivaNova posted:

I'm sorry I will be at a CONFERENCE tomorrow night.

That's fine, you can leave you're vote on OPOP and do more scum hunting today. *splurge*

DuckHuntDog posted:

Because then it is potentially two days of misdunks and nightkills before you can start parsing if there were bad votes on Opop?

Nah if everyone scum hunts now until tomorrow night (with me chipping in in a serious way tomorrow) that's easily enough.

there's a thin line between trying to be a good townie and being a weenie

assuming you are town.... you are town, aren't you?

wait huh what do you even mean I'm saying night time happens fri daytime, followed up by resuming the game in the evening and another lynch monday what is even your point?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

cpig I always suspected you were dabes

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

haha yeh okay I get it not really sure how you'd not get it first time but it's not a scum tell so no probs m8!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

Also, chillax yo, I'm not seriousvoting here

##unvote

Now that apparently theres no more jokephase (dicks)
My feelings are that while Opop may or may not have made a slip its not inconclusively scummy because he might be a town PR , he might be scum, he might be an idiot face or whatever.

I feel like vivanova might be scum too because shes doin that thing she does.

lol wait are you actually trying this game?

this is different and because I've only seen you convey completely the opposite tone in other games this might be town cpig!?!?!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are we waiting on a vote for a Lumpenlist? Really?

Okay.

TOTALLY TOWN
Rarity
fiery_valkyrie
DuckHuntDog

PROBABLY TOWN
King Burgundy
Hal
Opopanax
Murmur Twin

POSSIBLY SCUM
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
The Ram
Max
PMush
EXAKT Science

DEFINITELY SCUM
VivaNova
wall monitor
CPig

gross awful bad

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I literally threw the playerlist into a list randomizer. It's a joke. :ssh:

hahaha!!! I love you

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Except this one.

##vote TheRam

:wink:

uh oh ahhh

how could you nooo

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

A lot of his posts are sort of like he's super faking his interest and overblowing his emotions in general. I'm trying to decide if he's full of it or if he's just far more emotional than I remember.

looooool misread of the century m8

I refuse to care about this game until a few hours where I submit a sexy ~11k word document. I don't have the mental faculties to care about mafia right now.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

hey diqbutt, how much does opop flipping scum affect your read on me?

if you think I'm scum are you saying you believe me to be hard-bussing opop on the basis of you catching his slip?

If opop did actually scum slip and you exposed it I'm giving you a shitload of townie cred, which is what I'm anticipating... probably wouldn't entertain the idea of you bussing for a few game days (it's possible since I suppose anyone could have detected the slip and you might want to set yourself up to be an ~~~ENDGAME PARTICIPANT~~~

either way, you throwing a scum sus on me is pretty stupid, dumb dumb

it'd be cool if you and me had a slap fight and the scum team was you me and opop. I think that would be a masterplay and we'd almost certainly win I'm not sure if there are cop magic powers in this game tho that might be our undoing!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I'm not voting for you chieftain, why don't you "cool your jets" or, as they say in the colonies, "hang ten". There's a better vote option out today. You have plenty of time to care about the game later.

I know you're not voting me.

Also I've never heard anyone other than americans use those phrases.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

that was still a garbage read, diqbutt. do better or you might be scum.

you are the one who wanted the vanilla game I am disappointed maybe

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

How dare I fish for interactions.

o so that's how it is

you're sayin you played me?

ok m8, if I am not passed out or too high I will show you what it means to generate content!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Cardinal sin of mafia #1: tying people's alignments before there are any flips

uh, no what I'm asking of you is pretty reasonable.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

You're asking me to frame everything under the likely assumption that Opop is scum. But even if I'm right and hes caught and you would have given me cred, that doesnt preclude you from being scum. You hitched your wagon to my catch and it would make sense as damage mitigation. I see no reason to ignore you.

lol honestly you must love typing and seeing your name as much as I do because this response is retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

o god I can feel it... a slapfight with diqnol

o goddddd

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Locked thread