Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Confirming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Well now you made me feel bad.

##unvote

Cowardly unvote ##vote King Burgundy

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

What was I scared of? :)

Getting your scumbuddy turboed accidentally, probably.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Are you being serious right now?

Did the CIA kill President Kennedy?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No one is supposed to know about that.

Trap sprung! ##vote fiery_valkyrie

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Exact and WM scum buddies, calling it now.

lol

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

##vote Hal

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

TheRam posted:

you did call into a session a conference involving my face and my palm with special guests the table and the keyboard to also have my face on with this post, though.

Hey TheRam, who do you think is scum?

VivaNova, it's nice to meet you! I'm EXAKT and I'm new! I noticed that you don't want to vote either of the vote leaders yet. Do you have any scumreads yet?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

Oh hey Hal! This post is scummy as well! Is there anyone you would vote?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Hey shut up!

Welp, I missed something important! Sorry about that :shobon: Congratulations, by the way!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What dont you like about Hal's post? It reads as a joke to me.

Maybe, but it happens in response to the first bout of real scumhunting, and feels like it's trying to extend jokephase unduly.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

I think Diqnol is right about Opop making the sort of subtle slip he would have made had he not read the thread, and Opop's excuse about the joke isn't mutually exclusive with him being scum and not really reading the thread.

##vote Opop

Are you being sincere about wanting reads and "would votes" from people right as the game is getting started?

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

I feel this interpretation only works if you think Hal is scum with either Opop or Diqnol and you think he's trying to get attention off one of them. Yes/no?

Yeah I guess that sounds right.

DuckHuntDog posted:

If he actually ends up town that is a potentially terrible idea, especially considering we have no information outside flips.

If Opop is town, then there's still a lot of information there, because he's had a good number of content around him. We'll also have the will of whoever is the nightkill tonight. That's a lot of information to work with. Why are you so concerned about a single misdunk on day 1?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

Because then it is potentially two days of misdunks and nightkills before you can start parsing if there were bad votes on Opop?

You seriously think it would take until day three to find at least one bad vote on Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

^^^ My face irl

This post makes me think Exakt is scum but I can't really explain why cause it's all ~*gut and meta*~

This is funny because it means you're continuing your streak of never getting my alignment right. Maybe you're scum again! :sun:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

How is that different from how he normally posts?

I know Hal has a meta, but I don't want to just let that go. I know he lurks a lot, and in light of his last few posts, I feel a bit better about him. ##unvote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm toying around with the idea that TheRam is scum.

Why do you think that?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

Exakt, what's your take on WM and Opop?

I think it's really weird that WM hasn't voted for Opop. Why not? His votes on f_v are also terrible.

WM can you show, with quotes, why you're townreading DHD?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I look forward to when TheRam shows up and posts, because I have some weird ~vibes~ from him. His interactions with Opop in particular.

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

You're weird.

Just feels like you have an agenda, friend :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I'm only really seeing the latter.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

It's really more neither.

Elaborate on this?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

I did not find him very funny.

:iceburn:

NB: I said "trying to extend." I didn't say it was successful :v:

Opop is probably the best kill today

Max posted:

Opop hasn't said "hi I'm scum." There's a difference.

Max you're being super silly. Also,

Max posted:

This seems most damning.

Why?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

Max is busy drinking an inferior beverage to beer. I can try to answer you since he's agreeing with something I posted but I feel I explained it pretty well.

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't think it is even that sutble, honestly.

Vote Opop.

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Have the other non voters (Viva/Cpig/Exakt) said who they want to vote for?

Yes, I want to vote Opop. I'm waiting for TheRam as well and am going to be here until deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
DHD I think it's interesting that you're latching on to the weakest part of the case on Opop. Also you should case Hal.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

VivaNova posted:

So you don't actually need any clarification on this point, you're just trying to set dumb traps for people trying to actually play the game. Cool.

Um no. I'm playing the game too. I was asking Max for some more elaboration on why he was agreeing with you, and I thought that your reaction to my asking that question was interesting. I want to hear it in Max's words is all.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TheRam didn't show up :(

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Was it an accident, or is it part of his agenda?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
So we can post?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The way TheRam was just completely absent doesn't sit right with me.

Also I want to look more closely at DHD and Viva.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Viva best vote for today.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Wait KB you seriously think that WM could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Yeh I'm sad Diq died, he was obvious but it was sad.

I didn't get to re-read because CPig hammered and it killed all incentive to force myself to do it then.

I'll read the whole thread over tomorrow.

My will was basically me saying that if I die you need to either lynch or disregard everything Exact says, because his attempts to FOS me are laughable given how I was probably tied for biggest reason Opop died yesterday. I'm not willing to entertain conversation to the contrary because I think it'll make me get mad and not fun.

SCUM HUNTING TOMORROW WE DID IT GUYSSSSS

oh also just noticed the diqnol long post, saw my name haven't read the whole thing yet but..

:siren: DIQNOL YOU DID GOOD AND THEY WERE loving BITCHES. I WOULD NEVER ASSASSINATE YOU LIKE THAT. YOU DID GOOD!!! :siren:

Hey TheRam I think what we have is just a clash of playstyles. I find your posting difficult to read, and it's really frustrating. which is the biggest reason I was suspicious of you. Also, I would like to add that I didn't say you were scummy, just that something felt weird about your posting, and that it feels like you have an agenda. That doesn't mean it's a scummy agenda, just an agenda. :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

King Burgundy posted:

Absolutely. Not everyone on my bad people list could be scum together, of course. But WM and Opop is easy:

Here is his initial post about Opop:

Then, once Opop is at five actual votes(and some yet to be placed but announced, I believe), and he is the only other option on the table, he says this:

That last bit is the, I think one of us is going to go, so I may as well throw him under the bus a bit more.

Then he went back to his Fiery vote.

Yeah okay, that's a decent case. Mostly it seems off to me that Viva was casting shade on both Opop and WM when she could have probably gotten away with just casing Opop. That combined with the way Rarity was attacking WM, and Opop's vote on him after Rarity's prompting, are the things that give me pause. I definitely agree that Viva and Rarity are much better targets today.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I feel even better about f_v now, because that feels like a real case to me. It's incorrect, but who gives a poo poo?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I wasn't voting Opop because I wanted to explore other options with the time that we had, and by the time I was ready to vote him, my vote would have taken him to -1 far earlier than I was comfortable with. I also started a new job this week and haven't been online as much as I'm used to being, and am also just completely scatterbrained in general.

If I were scum with Opop, who would be our other scumbuddy/scumbuddies and why?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

TheRam posted:

Exact, aside please elaborate on my agenda(s)...

Honestly it isn't much more than just a feeling, based on the tone of your posts. For all I know, it's that you want to be the one who solves the game and wins poo poo for town, be a hero, whatever. Upon rereading, I think that's much more likely than it's being a scummy agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rarity posted:

I don't like this post cause it's one of the main tricks I use when I'm scum.

I don't like this post because Rarity is talking about what she would do if she were scum :colbert:

• Locked thread