Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I feel really good about WM and can't guarantee that I will be here for deadline tonight, so if anyone has any good cases I would really like to hear their input.

Failing that, my second-strongest read is CPig, but I will openly admit it's mostly because the last two games I've lost as town have been to him as scum (the last one having just ended) and I'm mildly on tilt at the moment. :bang: Can someone who is more objective than me please explain to me why they think he's town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Because his calls and votes, what there are of them, seem genuine and make sense.

:what:

Byers2142 posted:

nah, sorry, you were right with your call on wall, though. Him and Opop, scumbros. Why'd you stop thinking that?

CapitalistPig posted:

I forgot

##vote wall

His vote on Wall was after you reminded him he was suspcious, and

CapitalistPig posted:

Im town is probably the best reason not to kill me id say

##vote exakt

If he flips town viva is next.

his vote on EXAKT was right after FV posted a large case on him. In what crazy world do you get a town read from that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Here's mine at the moment. Subject to change!

SERIOUSLY CIA
wall monitor

Byers2142 posted:

Scum can use them to develop cases on town players that other town are likely to follow to drive mislynches. At the same time, developing LumpenLists are easy and thus they're easy to fake. There was a game run by Lumpen to prove that LumpenLists were valuable; scum rolled town in it, perfect victory, by doing exactly what everyone's always told Lumpen scum would do with LumpenLists.

They're not just hated because they're Lumpens, they're hated because their a tool that looks town-y but is insanely weighted towards helping scum.

What an interesting point!

Byers2142 posted:

Because his calls and votes, what there are of them, seem genuine and make sense.

Byers2142 posted:

From the horse's mouth, my interpretation is wrong. Dunno, then, I find wall worse and we should lynch him.

What specifically do you find more suspicious about WM than CPig? Right now this looks a lot like scum covering for scum to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Checking in from the Mohegan sun poker room to call temporary time out (for me at least) until tomorrow. Happy Easter/Passover!

Please feel free to case me though :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Checking in from the Mohegan sun poker room to call temporary time out (for me at least) until tomorrow. Happy Easter/Passover!

Trip report - started with $100, lost $40 playing poker for 4 hours, won $200 playing blackjack for 15 minutes. Yeah buddy.

Byers2142 posted:

That's nice!

##vote CPig

Cop result, CPig returned NOT TOWN. Not even joking. I don't know who gave it to me, but I had a one-shot cop.

I just blew my last game by acting too hastily in xYLO (as you two know since Byers modded the game and Cpig was scum who won) so I'm not voting anywhere until I have a reasonable idea of where people stand. For the sake of due diligence - when did you get the cop item?

That said, assuming we ignore that for a second,

CapitalistPig posted:

Also ##vote viva

Are you saying you think that Viva and Max are both scum?

I've been offline pretty much all weekend and want to hear from everyone/reread the game knowing WM/EXAKT are town before I vote anywhere. Always make new mistakes!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

No if anything it's viva/Byers or maybe max/Byers

In either case Byers is the correct choice to hang today.

But when you voted Viva did it not concern you that we would lose (Max+Viva), which is really bad for us unless they're both scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Viva Nova and I are now lovers, apparently. I guess they have that ability.

...is why I'm talking about Max based on your Viva vote.

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are you trying to take the focus away from byers?

Because of you and Byers I find you more likely to be scum (I just refuse to vote until I hear from everyone)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I forgot about the lovers thing actually

It doesn't change the fact that you are super dumb for believing Byers obvious lie.

Let's say I'm super dumb for a second, explain to me how it's obvious?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Town didn't get role PMs, did they?

:laffo:

I'm ready to vote if others are!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I didn't get to read at work so I'm doing so now - at the risk of needlessly searching up a bunch of quotes when what I want to be doing is :350:ing and watching baseball,

Byers2142 posted:

I went back to look at the thread, and I'm feeling more confident in this call. Look at some of these posts:

It's all connecting two unflipped players and overall I think that Viva's play plus the apparent lack of scum targeting the lovers means Viva should get our vote today, but when she flips scum all of this because more reasons DHD is the third scumbro.

I agree with Byers here. If both lovers were town I can't imagine why Pig would have been the NK target, and I still haven't gotten over Viva trying to take the heat off of Opop on D1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

Ok so like a min after my last post I was on my way to lunch and got rear ended and I just got out of the hospital now. So I haven't read anything. My thoughts before were that what Byers did didn't make sense cause I think there are 3 scum and he seems to know there's 2. Unless u think both max and I are scum it's dumb to cuddle us unless u know there's only 2 scum cause otherwise if only 1 of us is scum we will loose if there's an night kill. So I'm on pain meds and haven't read anything else and I'm going to sleep but I am not going to work tomorrow. So kill me if u must or wait till tomorrow for me to contribute. Sorry for delaying things.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure we'll all give you a pass for delaying things! Here's hoping that the hospital is a precautionary thing and that you're feeling fine in no time.

Rest up and feel better, this game should be the last of your concerns :glomp:

(that said, I feel ready to vote if others are)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

This lovers thing really is a curse.

It's only going to get worse before it gets better! ##vote Viva

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:redhammer:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

:slick:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I had a great time! Being scum is like playing a completely different game from being town but I find them both really enjoyable :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

My nose was a fountain of blood today. Let me re-read exact for a moment.

VivaNova posted:

Ok so like a min after my last post I was on my way to lunch and got rear ended and I just got out of the hospital now. So I haven't read anything. My thoughts before were that what Byers did didn't make sense cause I think there are 3 scum and he seems to know there's 2. Unless u think both max and I are scum it's dumb to cuddle us unless u know there's only 2 scum cause otherwise if only 1 of us is scum we will loose if there's an night kill. So I'm on pain meds and haven't read anything else and I'm going to sleep but I am not going to work tomorrow. So kill me if u must or wait till tomorrow for me to contribute. Sorry for delaying things.

I think your love is cursed and recommend a break-up for the sake of your health!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

VivaNova posted:

I think it was reasonable to assume 4 scum. Here's where I think things got a little iffy: Scum was always gonna give the best items to scum when they died. Town wasn't always gonna give optimal items and they gave a few things to MT. so that's where the off balance came in fmpov.

Two things I remember sweating during the game:

- I claimed I got two items but never really talked about them
- at one point I said "I think scum is (someone) and a lurker" and then realized I just made a statement on the # of scum left besides me.

Byers2142 posted:

I stand by my analysis; you need at least 16 players for a 4 scum game, and even then it's kinda stacked against town. As it was, we were literally in super LYLO; we could lynch scum and still lose! :colbert:

VivaNova posted:

I feel so much better thanks for asking. I slammed my head into the steering wheel and have a spectacularly horrendous black eye but nothing worse. Wear seatbelts, goons!!! I felt awful for not contributing even though I knew it would be ok if i died I still wanted to do some work before I went down and I felt like I let MT and DHD down. :(

You did contribute! On D3 lynching you (and thus Max) got us the numbers we needed, it would have been pretty tough to steer a mislynch at that point. :)

Also seconding the "wear seatbelts!" sentiment as I definitely wouldn't be here posting today if I hadn't been doing so ten years ago. It takes two seconds and literally can save your life!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Vivanova's will posted:

I find myself rewriting my will with a heavy heart. That dear little boy Diqnol is dead -- and of autoerotic asphyixiation. What a terrible way to go.

I just wanted to quote this because it cracked me up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oops, that was fv, my apologies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I knew mmt was scum after she didn't make use of my gifts but I'm not sure I would ever have figured it out otherwise. drat good job.

Hah, I shouldn't even have volunteered the information that I had them in the first place! I kept trying to think of zany schemes to use them but in the end I didn't want to risk what seemed like a comfortable position on an unnecessary lie.

Byers2142 posted:

It took a late entry by me and a fake cop claim, but I gave them what-for.

Then we lost, but stiff upper lip.

Both the explanation of why LumpenLists can be exploited by scum and the fake cop claim were nice little learning moments, for what it's worth :)

• Locked thread