Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

VivaNova posted:

I've wanted to play mafia so badly for the past 3 days. fill fill fill!

Hi Viva! Nice to see you again

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

So hey how are we doing?

I'm not quite sure what to post. There's not a lot of setup spec to talk about since this is vanilla to start out.

##vote Wall Monitor Not sure how to fake a town post.

See ya D2 folks.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Did the CIA kill President Kennedy?

No one is supposed to know about that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Exact and WM scum buddies, calling it now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

Hey TheRam, who do you think is scum?

VivaNova, it's nice to meet you! I'm EXAKT and I'm new! I noticed that you don't want to vote either of the vote leaders yet. Do you have any scumreads yet?

What dont you like about Hal's post? It reads as a joke to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

What do you think of Vivanova?

She went and got married and left her mafia friends behind. I think she is very rude for this.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

I didn't even realise you'd voted me. Why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

Hey thanks.

Dunno. Was it joke? I have a hard time telling when jokephase ends and seriousphase begins I guess.

##unvote then...

I wasn't joking, but you seemed to be. You even called me a jerk when you voted. How did you go from

wall monitor posted:

Seriously?

##vote Fiery Jerkyrie

to

wall monitor posted:

I still don't like firey valkyrie, my vote is standing for now

What don't you like about me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

It wasn't getting married! It was going back to school!

A++ Fantastic Avatar.

Are you sure? I swear you and KP were talking about getting married in one game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

So are you saying you did get a PM?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Reserved in a different sense of the word. I don't know how to describe it and its actually churning my stomach knowing I can't communicate this concept well, but I'm going to try. If WM was being careful as one would assume they would be on a first time scum, they wouldn't probably put themselves out there that quickly on such a silly, weak case. I don't see it. I think your overzealous approach of WM is more interesting, actually!

You're making a lot of assumptions here about how a newbie scum "would" play. I disagree with your opinion that there is only one way that new scum would play and that this isn't it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

"##vote FV" "I still want to vote for FV" "Oh, it was a joke? Maybe not then...##unvote"

I think that's very sloppy stuff and nothing that a first time super nervous scum would do.

So, you see this as coming from a town mindset?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Godammit FV :argh:

Great minds Rarity....

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I see it coming from a dumb perspective and I feel like a 1st time scum would be playing too carefully! So yes!

Eh, I think you're projecting way too much.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TheRam posted:

ok m8, if I am not passed out or too high I will show you what it means to generate content!

Ram, what is your current mental status?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think 8 completed games is plenty to be considered not a newbie.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yeah, and that supports my point that WM probably has an idea of what kind of stuff gets jumped on. It's too careless for a first time scum that has knowledge of the game imo

I honestly don't understand your position in this argument. If he's experienced enough to know what gets jumped on then why would he do it as town either?

Also, you think you've caught Opop on a scum slip. Isn't he too experienced to be that careless?

Your logic is making my brain hurt and I don't think you are being consistent, but I'm about to go to bed so I'll follow up later.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

You're telling me with a straight face that you think that this

and

were intentional pre-planned jokes and not scum slips / him running away?

I pulled an all-nighter last night. Not on purpose, I just couldn't shut my brain off. :sigh:

I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but no. I was mostly just arguing semantics with Diqnol.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

The original vote on Valkyrie was because his vote on me really seemed like he was reaching for a chance to drop suspicion on someone.

That post in particular... what was going through my head was that I needed to keep posting, was still kind of grasping for something to say, and thought, 'hey, should I recant my FV vote... nah. Okay, I'll post about that.' Perhaps not the best move given the reaction I got from it.

Why the "nah"? What about my posting between your two comments on me made you think that you shouldn't recant your vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

How do you find that out?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You're really putting a lot of effort in there, Hal.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel very strongly about this, so much so that I am putting all my effort into it. It's hard to see that over the internet, but it's there.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

wall monitor posted:

I honestly did miss this somehow. Hooray, reading comprehension.

##vote Firey Valkyrie

Ok, but why?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So based on D1 at the moment I think Hal, DHD and MT are town. I also think WM is very likely town since that's where Opop stuck his vote.

Going to write up a case now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So on a re-read Exact really stood out to me. I feel like a lot of his opinions are faked. This is the first sequence of posts I felt like this:

I feel messed up catching you like that, friendo.

Opopanax posted:

I feel perfectly fine about how I caught you.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I haven't read anything but these last two posts.

Which one of you should I be voting for?

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

Hal has made a single post and Exact is trying to frame it as something it's not. Hal's comment is not even an alignment call, yet Exact is calling it part of a conspiracy against Opop. Compared to every other comment in the game about Opop -- and every vote -- Exact is claiming that this comment from Hal is the worst Opop related post. To me its totally fake to call this part of the "push on Opop" when Hal doesn't vote him or even make an alignment call.

##vote Exact

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

More fake opinions on Hal. These are all the posts from Hal in between when Exact votes for him and when he unvotes. There is no explanation for why Exact feels better about Hal, and looking at the posts in question, I really dont understand why he might have changed his opinion.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

(5 pages later)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree, and all this movement onto wall monitor looks like scum trying to shift the agenda

EXAKT Science posted:

I know Hal has a meta, but I don't want to just let that go. I know he lurks a lot, and in light of his last few posts, I feel a bit better about him. ##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I also feel like Exact was trying very hard to make people look bad towards the deadline, and also that he started doing some light bussing.

EXAKT Science posted:

I think it's really weird that WM hasn't voted for Opop. Why not? His votes on f_v are also terrible.

WM can you show, with quotes, why you're townreading DHD?

EXAKT Science posted:

I look forward to when TheRam shows up and posts, because I have some weird ~vibes~ from him. His interactions with Opop in particular.

Opop are you going to scumhunt or just keep trying to extend jokephase?

talking to Viva about Max:

EXAKT Science posted:

It's interesting that you're jumping to defend him.

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

EXAKT Science posted:

Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

EXAKT Science posted:

DHD I think it's interesting that you're latching on to the weakest part of the case on Opop. Also you should case Hal.

EXAKT Science posted:

TheRam didn't show up :(

EXAKT Science posted:

Was it an accident, or is it part of his agenda?

EXAKT Science posted:

The way TheRam was just completely absent doesn't sit right with me.

Also I want to look more closely at DHD and Viva.

The way Exact posts makes me think he is certain about Opop's alignment, especially when he is asking people about who they think is scum with Opop. However, this confidence in what he is writing doesn't match his voting, as he never votes for Opop.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Seriously, we should be voting Viva today.

Exact, can you write up a case on Viva?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

FV, what do you think of KB's posts about diqnol's death?

It reads like confirmation bias to me. Like KB is saying I'm suspicious of these people, Diqnol was suspicious of these people, therefore scum.

In isolation it doesn't look scummy just a bit basic.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Exact, could you sum up in 2 or 3 bullet points why Viva is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

From least to most damning, in my opinion:
  • She refused to commit to her reads yesterday, and didn't vote once the entire day
  • She was undecided on Opop for far too long
  • She outright defended him/misrepresented the case against him on multiple occasions

Ok, I actually like that better than your case, which just seemed to be you posting everything she said and saying "I dont like this". I will reread Viva tonight.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

That's probably because I dislike pretty much everything she's posted :p

Sure, but it's not a persuasive way to case.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, I just want to put this out there, since it doesn't affect anything, and it might lend us some insights later.

I was given a gift from the departed.

I am now an unconfirmed mason with TheRam.

I was assuming this would have come from Diqnol on his death. But I can't be sure of that, and I don't know if Opop would have been able to do something similar.

Have you talked much in the mason doc together?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

You and Rarity seem pretty convinced of that first point and that hasn't been my experience at all. I even tried to bring it up in my first game of mafia ever, battleship, and was poo poo'd and told that real mafia players don't examine the night kill motivations because it is too wifom, by windshipper I believe. So I feel like you and Rarity are posting from another planet when you say that. It does not happen in games I'm in. As far as I'm concerned you two could not be more wrong, or are lying. :shrug: In fact, I brought it up in THIS game and Rarity did the same thing. Tried to shift off the argument as WIFOM. Don't try to tell me it is ridiculous when it is happening in the same game we are in.

You are correct on some of the rest though. Absolutely, Diqnol looking too towney is ALSO a reason to kill him and one that would have been brought up in scum chat. But, that doesn't preclude the double dip. He was too towney AND was on the right track for the scum team. Let me put it this way. If I was on the scum team, and all of Diqnol's other reads were totally off base, I would have considered letting him live a bit longer for a couple reasons:

A)He talks. It's good for the game to let him live so the game stays quality instead of a lurky poo poo fest.
B)He's trusted. If his other reads are wrong, he will successfully lead other other people to bad cuddles.

I think the reason most people dont use it as discussion is because it is way too WIFOM-y. You can't know what the motivations of the scum were and to base your play on the NK, rather than content in the game, is just going to lead you astray.

If you have a case on Viva/Rarity based on content then that is great, but most people will ignore cases based on NK selection.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TheRam posted:

Alright, consolidating what I thought in my big post into reads.

TOWN
CPig (reallly I feel like ???? at all times but I do think he's town)
DHD
Hal (hard bus if scum imo)
MT
WM

NEUTRAL/???????
Exact (scum or kind of a sweetie tbh)
KB (smart scum or kind of a sweetie)
Poison (closer to scum than others)

SCUM PICKS (ordered most to least)
Rarity (not sure between rarity viva, but I think rarity pips it)
Viva
Max (very very awkward over all, shows intellect, has an pretty intellectual scum game imo)

I'm more suspicious of exact, but otherwise this pretty well sums up my opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Having reread Viva, Rarity and Max my first preference is still to vote Exact. I think of the other 3 I am more inclined to vote Rarity. With a scum buddy in the firing line I think a scum-Viva would have voted the other candidate to take pressure off Opop. Max I'm feeling more neutral on.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

##vote Exakt :henget:

Why? Why do you think Exact is scum?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It's D2. Is that the best case you've got against anyone in the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##unvote

I don't like Rarity's vote and I'm not leaving mine on the same player overnight.

• Locked thread