Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Confirming my presign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I also love all vanilla games, and the gimmick sounds cool.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

It means you are special.

##vote Cpig

##vote KB

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

:laugh:

wall monitor posted:

So hey how are we doing?

I'm not quite sure what to post. There's not a lot of setup spec to talk about since this is vanilla to start out.

When does D1 ever start with setup spec anyways?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I don't know what I would do for another avatar other than making it animated.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, making your bigger and animated would be cool.

Maybe some day soon I will get bored and think of doing just that.

I was looking forward to playing Bloodborne before bed but it did not preload on its own.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I just don't get it. I can't fathom the motivation for that post at all.

All I know about PM's meta ks awkward humor, so that is par for the course afaik.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I think Diqnol is right about Opop making the sort of subtle slip he would have made had he not read the thread, and Opop's excuse about the joke isn't mutually exclusive with him being scum and not really reading the thread.

##vote Opop

EXAKT Science posted:

Something about the push on Opop right now feels off to me. I particularly don't like this post from Hal:

It's literally his only post aside from his signup.

Hey TheRam, who do you think is scum?

VivaNova, it's nice to meet you! I'm EXAKT and I'm new! I noticed that you don't want to vote either of the vote leaders yet. Do you have any scumreads yet?

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey Hal! This post is scummy as well! Is there anyone you would vote?

Are you being sincere about wanting reads and "would votes" from people right as the game is getting started?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

TheRam posted:

you guys really should entertain the possibility that there are other people to vote before we kill opop, then we must proceed to kill opop sadly,

I'm thinking maybe kill opp tomorrow in time to get another game day friday with a deadline mon cus of weekend... yeh that sounds great

If he actually ends up town that is a potentially terrible idea, especially considering we have no information outside flips.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

If Opop is town, then there's still a lot of information there, because he's had a good number of content around him. We'll also have the will of whoever is the nightkill tonight. That's a lot of information to work with. Why are you so concerned about a single misdunk on day 1?

Because then it is potentially two days of misdunks and nightkills before you can start parsing if there were bad votes on Opop?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

TheRam posted:

That's fine, you can leave you're vote on OPOP and do more scum hunting today. *splurge*

Nah if everyone scum hunts now until tomorrow night (with me chipping in in a serious way tomorrow) that's easily enough.

there's a thin line between trying to be a good townie and being a weenie

assuming you are town.... you are town, aren't you?

wait huh what do you even mean I'm saying night time happens fri daytime, followed up by resuming the game in the evening and another lynch monday what is even your point?

I think I am confusing you talking about game days and actual days here.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

You seriously think it would take until day three to find at least one bad vote on Opop?

Having his flip would help there, yes.

CapitalistPig posted:

Also, chillax yo, I'm not seriousvoting here

##unvote

Now that apparently theres no more jokephase (dicks)
My feelings are that while Opop may or may not have made a slip its not inconclusively scummy because he might be a town PR , he might be scum, he might be an idiot face or whatever.

I feel like vivanova might be scum too because shes doin that thing she does.

bowmore posted:

This game has No power roles. I repeat! It is an all vanilla game.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

VivaNova posted:

My thoughts:
O1: Dumb. Anyone voting Opop solely for this reason is likewise dumb. Thinking of MT, DHD and TheRam here since Hal and Diq at least backed their thoughts up. Maybe PM.

I don't think it is even that sutble, honestly.

Opopanax posted:

no I did not receive a PM

Opopanax posted:

Do you guys really think I just blundered in here without reading a single thing the instant I got my PM?

Vote Opop.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Oh hey DHD! What do you think about Viva, WM, and Max, and do you think any of them could be scum with Opop?

The sheer effort Viva has put behind defending Opop doesn't strike me as scummy; regardless of the flip, I don't think scum are going to put that much effort into defending Opop here.

WM has been really vague about Opop and waffling on any sort of alignment call, which I think is odd, but I don't know about alignment yet. I don't get the FV vote at all.

Max has been defending Opop, but only putting in a token effort on it. Could be scum, or just more interested in being right than persuasive.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Who do you think is scum with Opop then?

I don't have a strong read yet, it is still D1. Of those three I would pick Max over WM just because I don't really get what WM is doing. My gut pick is Hal but I don't have a case yet.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'll still be placing my vote on Opop pre-deadline.

Unless TheRam blows me away with some kind of alternative casing, I guess.

I get he is at -2 but what is holding you back now? It is only an hour and a half til deadline and it is Friday evening in the US.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

Angry Orchard, it turns out

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

Yes? Being baffling isn't really an alignment tell in my experience, but the passive defense you have put on Opop is if he flips scum.

King Burgundy posted:

Because I'll be here at deadline and I've been waiting patiently for TheRam.

Fair enough, as long as there isn't a no dunk.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

I'm just confused, because you said of the three you would pick me, even though your reasoning on me is dependent on an Opop flip.

I am pretty confident he is going to flip scum, yes.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

So you'd vote me first?

I was asked about you, Viva and WM. Of you three, yes.

Max posted:

Why are you so confident? This makes no sense to me.

He's legit made references to getting a PM twice now, regardless of joking or being disengaged like you say. Even if you don't believe it, that should "make sense".

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Come on, make a case on me!

Well, okay then.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

You agree Opop might be scum, but keep the casual joke thing going and hold off on voting him for a while. That isn't atypical for you, but it feels a bit off to me.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

VivaNova posted:

You want to make sure people are playing logically, explaining themselves, ect. That's why it's not good that he's baffling. And that's generally how you hunt scum.

Even scum can fake being logical, and I don't think everyone even plays particularly logically on this forum. I don't even think WM is avoiding scumhunting here.

VivaNova posted:

Or I guess you could continue trying to chain lynch people D1 and accusing people who point out things that are wrong with WM as defending Opop.

Where in the world are you getting any of this from?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Reading Opop, I don't see a lot of interactions that jump out at me. The only vote he put down was WM as that gained some traction.

I am not really feeling the arguments on Viva just because she has been putting in a lot of effort, and I really don't see scum trying that hard especially while defending Opop D1.

##vote Hal

He has been really inactive, but I read him as apathetic scum and possibly frustrated about Opop.

Hal Incandenza posted:

It is clear to me that Opop is the bad guy but I will withhold my vote until the Ram succeeds in this most important event of his life

Early on agrees pretty strongly that Opop is scum, but waits a while until it seems a bit inevitable before actually putting down a vote. Other than that, has mostly been jokey lurking.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

How do you feel about Rarity?

TheRam posted:

Hm, I like this.

Though please comment on Rarity and Max.

You know you've been pretty lurky, too?

I have been a bit lurky, but I am never a high volume poster.

Rarity has been a bit white noise to me this game, but rereading her she was one of the big pushes behind WM over Opop D1 and avoided talking much about Opop other than dismissing the slip while admonishing him. She is also doing a LOT of the asking other players questions about third party alignments, which overused like is a good way to look like you are playing as scum. I could see her as scum.

Max I talked a bit about yesterday, and he got really defensive about me mentioning him. His post count/content ratio is high enough that it is really hard to read him as well. I would probably vote Max, but not over Hal/Rarity.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I am back. I would vote Rarity but I'm not hammering yet.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

The switch from a few hours ago is a bit suspect, but my two top suspects are voting Exact right now. Feel pretty good about voting Rarity.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote Propoganda Machine

I thought it was Hal yeterday and nothing PM has posted today has me reconsidering between jokes and just throwing votes everywhere.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

I have the same basic feeling about DHD (who hasn't posted at all this game day)

That's a bit misleading considering the game hasn't been open for D3 that long and most of that was a workday.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Long week at work but I am around now and off tomorrow.

It would be nice if people would read Hal/PM and say something.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I thought Hal was scum and PM isn't playing. I am not going to tell you how to use a vig, but I would personally if nobody is going to vote her.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (3): fiery_valkyrie, VivaNova, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie
VivaNova (3): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Max
Rarity (3): King Burgundy, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Murmur Twin
Hal Incandenza (1): DuckHuntDog
King Burgundy (1): Poison Mushroom
TheRam (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Max, Max, TheRam, TheRam

Not Voting (2): fiery_valkyrie, wall monitor

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 30th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 36 minutes.

bowmore posted:

FINAL Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (7): King Burgundy, TheRam, TheRam, TheRam, Murmur Twin, EXAKT Science, Max, fiery_valkyrie, Rarity
EXAKT Science (2): fiery_valkyrie, VivaNova, Hal Incandenza, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie, Rarity
VivaNova (1): CapitalistPig, EXAKT Science, Max, EXAKT Science, Max
Hal Incandenza (1): DuckHuntDog
King Burgundy (1): Poison Mushroom
TheRam (0): Max, Max
Max (0): Max, Max, TheRam, TheRam

Not Voting (1): wall monitor

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 30th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 22 minutes.

Looking back at this from yesterday right before the switch to Rarity when there were three targets with about equal votes, two of the votes on Exact have now flipped town, and the only one that moved off was Rarity self hammering. Exact and Max moved off Viva onto Rarity, and Exact was a target up to that point. I don't see Viva being scum on this vote unless it is with Exact or Max. I am going to reread those two.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Sorry I'm just very excited to play mafia! :sun:

I forgot about this, and it bothered me at the time. Exact was distancing from the case on Opop really early and then asking for people to case others when that was basically the only substantive thing going on, and then immediately backed off with this and the "scum sun" when I mentioned something.

That said, Exact is pushing Viva pretty hard and I don't see it as a bus. I don't think there is a connection there.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

You don't get what WM is doing so you'd pick me?

Exact gave me three names to post reactions to who had been defending Opop a bit (omitting f_v, for some reason), and Max had a pretty strong reaction to it here when I hadn't even made a vote or said I was going to vote him. He also stayed well away from taking much of a stance on the Opop vote.

Max pushed Viva a bit D2 but ostensibly cooled on it today. I don't think it is Viva, but if it is I could see her being teammates with Max here, especially the way that D2 vote went down.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Max you're being super silly. Also,

Why?

EXAKT Science posted:

Viva, Max, and WM are my top three scumreads at the moment.

Here's something interesting; the first post is the one time ES has any sort of post or interaction with Max, and then by the second he is pushing Max as a top scumread. He has repeated it and not really explained that one at all. I could see ES putting a teammate Max as a top scum read but not really casing him.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max has no interaction with ES that I can read at all. I could see both of them being scum and moving off Viva and on to Rarity to save ES. Of the two, I would rather:

##vote Exact Science

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

##vote Wall Monitor

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

If it is Viva, I think she might be teammates with Max. Max avoided talking much about Opop D1, moved off Viva at an opportune time to avoid her lynch, and then sort of dropped her the next day.

Is there anything corroborating them being lovers that I don't remember?

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

I went back to look at the thread, and I'm feeling more confident in this call. Look at some of these posts:

It's all connecting two unflipped players and overall I think that Viva's play plus the apparent lack of scum targeting the lovers means Viva should get our vote today, but when she flips scum all of this because more reasons DHD is the third scumbro.

That's a either a great example of confirmation bias or you are scum teammates with Viva setting up a mislynch tomorrow.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

I am reading this post over and over again and I can't make sense of this.

Why would you possibly think that me saying "we are lovers" and "lynching Viva is a good idea" would paint me as Viva's scum buddy?

Here you go:

Max posted:

Most likely, yeah.

You moved off VN onto Rarity, and then posted that most likely Viva was scum if Rarity wasn't. The very next day, after coming out with the bit about being lovers:

Max posted:

I don't think it's Viva.

That is not "lynching Viva would be a good idea", even if you have moved back to it since when it became a more likely prospect.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

No, but they've both claimed it and so if one dies and the other doesn't...

It's a claim that wouldn't work if one dies, and Max is willing to die to vote Viva today.

I guess my assumption is they would want to scare the thread into not voting them for fear of losing too many players and risk it, but that is a fair point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Max posted:

FYI, this is pretty close to mod-confirmed from in this very thread, if you doubt that we are lovers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

• Locked thread