Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ryb is getting a big black bear and black bear ears like the large muscular gay man I know him to be.

e: complaint: everyone knows priests sleep with their shirts open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

You know how priests can dress up as Piccolo? Ever seen Piccolo ride a bear?

As if dress up didn't get weird enough.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.
I don't expect sympathy for this but I thought it would be funny to share. For some reason I bought a chronicle box to get a Light-Naught necklace, and ended up getting a Black Curtain necklace due to a complete lack of reading. I didn't even notice until after I kaleido'd it to superior. Whelp.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It occurs to me I didn't recognize the Knight set in that PJ/mount set at first.

Because you can't see her tits at all

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Sylvyfish posted:

I don't expect sympathy for this but I thought it would be funny to share. For some reason I bought a chronicle box to get a Light-Naught necklace, and ended up getting a Black Curtain necklace due to a complete lack of reading. I didn't even notice until after I kaleido'd it to superior. Whelp.

my goondolences on your illiteracy

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm more angry as to why you need to buy the necklace chron box. :colbert:

What did you waste the free necklace from quest on?

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Knight gets some lame-rear end pony while F. Gunner gets a unicorn.

Elven F. Spitfire when.

Also Imp on a deer amuses me to no end.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

after untold worthless treasures, finally, a resounding success

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

_jink posted:

after untold worthless treasures, finally, a resounding success

I opened a boosted LT just now.

40 breads and 2 challenge boxes that resulted in 3 challenges.

I try to be positive about LTs, but... :shepicide:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Something something 20 puddings 1 bread.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

Also Imp on a deer amuses me to no end.

No thanks, that set looks ugly af

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

If you believe hard enough one day the lost treasures will pull through for you.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm glad I managed to use up most of my lost treasure luck by pulling two selective platinum boxes instead of something like the amazing sox.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm applying to Restraint as MagiSlayer because I'm sick of running OV with pubbies. At least as a guild party I can trust that you guys are good enough to know what to do when my horrible laggy connection, which only started with the All in One patch, fucks everything up. I hate Castle Nebulous for this reason.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Even with the LT bonus event I'm still thinking I'll just save my keys for when something good is the rare item that I won't get anyways.

Also I'm currently torn on something. I have 3 rare clone avs for slayer due to gold bind cube luck in the anniversary event but I'm currently short on gold emblems (I could buy silvers with Mileage). Should I even consider using them and trying to complete a set, or just sell them and use the gold for... something (like buying a full non-clone rare set)?

Gologle posted:

I'm applying to Restraint as MagiSlayer because I'm sick of running OV with pubbies. At least as a guild party I can trust that you guys are good enough to know what to do when my horrible laggy connection, which only started with the All in One patch, fucks everything up. I hate Castle Nebulous for this reason.

We're not good, we just have people like Imp and Nether OHKO everything.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Also I'm currently torn on something. I have 3 rare clone avs for slayer due to gold bind cube luck in the anniversary event but I'm currently short on gold emblems (I could buy silvers with Mileage). Should I even consider using them and trying to complete a set, or just sell them and use the gold for... something (like buying a full non-clone rare set)?

The upgrade from regular clones to rares isn't very large, and probably isn't worth the money. Just get a rare top, rare bottom, and one other rare of choice (taking care to preserve you vital Fashion) and call it a day imo.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Full rare clones or bust imo

Gologle posted:

I'll process that when I get home if no one else has by then. I'm not sure how many of us still really run OV, but something can probably be pulled together.

Edit: Mkay, added

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 28, 2016

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Evil Fluffy posted:

We're not good, we just have people like Imp and Nether OHKO everything.

I mean, knowing how to skip rooms (by murdering them and ignoring the gimmicks) is a form of being good, right?

never gonna miss dying to Gaunis after he changes phases though.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Looks like no f slayer 2wake on tuesday.

Fine.

Whatever.

Didn't want it anyway.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

Fine.

Whatever.

Didn't want it anyway.

Sell All button first plz :colbert:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also in case you don't read Guild Announces Channel 32 (Zelva A) is the new official Goon Channel.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Streaming again at the usual time, tomorrow (saturday), 8 PM eastern.

Thinkin' my music playlist is gonna be mostly some assorted alternative rock from a few favorite bands (ex: Pinback, probably some Modest Mouse, that kinda thing).

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 29, 2016

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Black Balloon posted:

Fine.

Whatever.

Didn't want it anyway.

my soul hurts

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Realtalk they're probably waiting till they have both FSlayer and Knight 2wakes done to release them at once, like they did with the triple event a few months back.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Can we get Murph's discord link thing posted in the OP?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
We probs should update the whole OP at this point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Apparently chronicle rental and 1+1 events (among others) come this Tuesday. Considering the last 1+1 gave 2 sets of 100% quality grow-until-75 purple armor/accessories and a unique growing weapon that would be nice for prepping future alts.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria Kicking off in about half an hour, got some good stuff to talk about tonight, hope people tune in and enjoy it!

edit: going live

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 1, 2016

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Thanks to everyone who joined in. This was a lower viewer count than I'm used to, but it was a rally good session! Lots of conversation about cognitive split, and the idea of a differentiation between doing something, and you becoming aware of doing that thing. And it was loving cool! I know I got a bit rambling but I'm happy to go in depth in text about what I talked about.

Edit: New stream title: Official Realizations on Sunday Afternoon

edit2: yes the joke is i stream saturday night

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 1, 2016

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Black Balloon posted:

4/5 dark gothic, just need the belt.

wts>

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've found two pieces of Submarine Volcano on my summoner. Also a decent usable weapon, crocodile's nest whatever. All around decent this weekend, I guess.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Turns out Room 7 in Cutting off the Energy isn't a problem when the F. Spitfire just keeps Rok on the ground due to grenade spam.

Also Mateka gets owned pretty hard if said Spitfire lands a lucky freeze proc on him.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

avatar event (man_shaking_head.gif)
leveling event
otherverse event

reinforcement protection ticket(15m) and 1k demon invite orb(30m) from lost treasures now

2x bind cube / 5x gold bind cubes for item of the month

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

This avatar event is super bad.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Alright, my permanent suspension for alleged use of third party programs has been lifted, but naturally they did it during maintenance. Now I get the suspense of waiting through my whole work day before I can get home and see if I got hacked and lost all my poo poo, or if they just think me using Discord or OBS is somehow super nefarious.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Black Balloon posted:

Alright, my permanent suspension for alleged use of third party programs has been lifted, but naturally they did it during maintenance. Now I get the suspense of waiting through my whole work day before I can get home and see if I got hacked and lost all my poo poo, or if they just think me using Discord or OBS is somehow super nefarious.

I am hoping/praying that you have not gotten hacked.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

NachtSieger posted:

I am hoping/praying that you have not gotten hacked.

Yeah if it turns out I've lost my stuff then I'm just gonna quit, because I don't even remotely have the energy to start over.

Edit: Haven't logged in yet, but I have managed to confirm that any log-in attempt on a system other than my home PC always requires a verification email, and one was never sent, and none of my account info was changed. So I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic that I didn't get hacked.

Regardless of the outcome, I don't think I'm gonna be using discord while playing, and I also won't be streaming any more. Those are the only two things I can think of that would have triggered this false positive.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 3, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

You'd accomplish what none of us ever could, you'd be free at last!
Hopefully you didn't get hacked though, that'd be awful.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Black Balloon posted:

Yeah if it turns out I've lost my stuff then I'm just gonna quit, because I don't even remotely have the energy to start over.

Edit: Haven't logged in yet, but I have managed to confirm that any log-in attempt on a system other than my home PC always requires a verification email, and one was never sent, and none of my account info was changed. So I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic that I didn't get hacked.

Regardless of the outcome, I don't think I'm gonna be using discord while playing, and I also won't be streaming any more. Those are the only two things I can think of that would have triggered this false positive.

i can only imagine if streaming software set it off, sypher would have been banned years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah, if streaming software set it off then all the various people who advertise their streams in echo chat would have gotten the axe. Which means Discord tripped the security which is REALLY WEIRD.

• Locked thread