Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I really hope they remember to give more quest coupons to people who had multiple alpha characters. The prospect of running a bunch of dudes through every goddamn epic in the game(several days of no-exp fatigue running trivial quests) just to unlock urgents makes me want to commit suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Steps to getting the controller working for me:

1. Plug in controller
2. Start xpadder, set up xpadder buttons, make sure you turn on windows 7 compatibility and run as admin
3. Close xpadder
4. Start DFO and get in game
*Can you move with your controller? If no your controller isn't being seen, god really hates you*
5. Input the buttons via keyboard in the hotkeys
6. Start xpadder
*Test and see if you can talk to someone using your controller x hotkey or try a dungeon, if no then god hates you*

I use:
Skills 1-6 qwerty ( L1 R1 L2 R2 select start in that order)
Skills 7-12 uiop[] (Dpad up right down left [right nub press] [left nub press] in that order)
Attack x (x on xbox)
Skill z (y on xbox)
Skill 2 c (b on xbox)
Jump space (b on xbox)
Item 1 1 (left nub up)
Item 2 2 (left nub down)
^you can add in item 3 and 4 to left and right but I'm too lazy to gently caress with the dead zones to make it not annoying^

Let DFO use the left nub to move, no setup needed.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 25, 2015

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Running Xpadder in admin mode before launching the game worked fine for me.

I'm using a stick, but on a pad I'd run:
X (attack chain), Z (launcher), C (jump, invincible wakeup, backstep) and A (most used skill shortcut) on the face buttons
L1 to 1 (Health potions), R1 to 2 (Mana potions)
L2 shifts the face buttons to S D F G and L1 R1 to 3 and 4
R2 shifts the face buttons to Q W E R and L1 R1 to 5 and 6
Space (buff motion) on R3 or have the buffs bound straight to the analogue stick directions.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Adding to the list of voodoo:

I can only get Xpadder to work if I:
1) Turn on the controller
2) Turn on Xpadder, running as admin and in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) compatibility mode. Not even SP2 works.
3) Open DFO.

In that exact order. Accept no substitutes, etc etc.

Of course, I figured this out with exactly enough time to run one dungeon before the server went down (RIP fatigue), so I'll hesitate to post my button mappings until I've had a chance to work them out a bit more - but I'll say mine are similar to Arzachel's in that they use multiple sets and I have a hold-key to switch between them.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Goon proofing

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
Is the game down for maintenence or something? Grayed out play button, was hoping to play after the rollover.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Also, You can change most skill motions through the skill menu! For example, I set Will Driver to left, right + space instead of up, down + space because I'm bad at getting a clean up, down motion apparently.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

Is the game down for maintenence or something? Grayed out play button, was hoping to play after the rollover.

Maintenance to fix the West servers, ETA is another 90 minutes or so.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Bookmark http://dfo-notice.blogspot.com/ to keep up with maint announcements.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Should add something to the OP about fatigue, how it works, and how absolutely retarded it is.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

amusinginquiry posted:

Should add something to the OP about fatigue, how it works, and how absolutely retarded it is.

I played for about 10-11 hours yesterday, with 2 30s and 2 new characters and still was not able to fully burn FP on my 4th char. I had like 35 left when and was too tired so I just went to sleep, since any leftover FP gives you an experience boost for a portion of the FP bar the next day anyway (sort of like rested XP in WoW).

Yeah, it's lovely for like the first day or two of a new character but once you get to the higher levels the dungeons take way longer and it gets to the point where you can only realistically play like 2 or 3 characters in a normal day of playtime.

It would be good if they could somehow mitigate that early feeling of excessive restriction so people don't get the immediate bad impression but I don't know how they could do that easily. Maybe don't start using up FP till a certain level?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fatigue is fine do something productive with your life or play a different character.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Consider making alts, tons of alts. The game actually rewards you with bonus stats to all your characters if you have enough high level characters. It starts off with a small +10 to all stats up to +170.

Even if you only like 1 class, go make several of them if you have to.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I played for maybe an hour and a half and hit fatigue on a new character, that's dumb design. If you don't hit cap so easily later on, that's better. I don't really want to play multiple classes, although if that's what they want you to do it makes a little more sense design wise.

After I capped fatigue, a friend explained to me that fatigue is based off how many dungeon rooms you uncover. So if you're trying to use your fatigue efficiently, you avoid uncovering unnecessary rooms. Which is weird, but whatever. As far as I can tell this isn't explained to you anywhere in game. Maybe I just spammed enter past the cheesy dialogue, but I'm pretty sure the game itself doesn't explain this to you. Which is, again dumb design.

The way fatigue works is extremely unintuitive and weird, but Korea I guess.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

amusinginquiry posted:

I played for maybe an hour and a half and hit fatigue on a new character, that's dumb design. If you don't hit cap so easily later on, that's better. I don't really want to play multiple classes, although if that's what they want you to do it makes a little more sense design wise.

After I capped fatigue, a friend explained to me that fatigue is based off how many dungeon rooms you uncover. So if you're trying to use your fatigue efficiently, you avoid uncovering unnecessary rooms. Which is weird, but whatever. As far as I can tell this isn't explained to you anywhere in game. Maybe I just spammed enter past the cheesy dialogue, but I'm pretty sure the game itself doesn't explain this to you. Which is, again dumb design.

The way fatigue works is extremely unintuitive and weird, but Korea I guess.

They absolutely want you to have a bunch of dudes. There's even a whole mercenary system that gives your account big ol' buffs based on how many high level dudes you have, and you can use your high level dudes as assists for your other dudes.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

amusinginquiry posted:

To their credit, they do mention it in the game guide.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

cathead posted:

To their credit, they do mention it in the game guide.

This is actually nice, thanks.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Using up all your fatigue takes about 2-3 hours later on because the rooms are larger and the monsters tougher. Think of it this way, you can get 3 or 4 characters to the cap in the same time it would take for one otherwise.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

CEO daily quest gives you a 30 FP potion now!

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Applied as Jinsoku.

Turhis
Mar 17, 2009
When does the Fatigue reset? Someone said on reddit it would be 1PM PDT but that doesn't seem to be true or google is lying to me.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Turhis posted:

When does the Fatigue reset? Someone said on reddit it would be 1PM PDT but that doesn't seem to be true or google is lying to me.

5AM EDT, so 2AM PDT.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I played yesterday. All my fatigue reset after the servers came back online. Seems like that time is accurate.

Turhis
Mar 17, 2009

cathead posted:

5AM EDT, so 2AM PDT.

Okay thanks, much better time for me atleast, now it resets in the morning and not in the middle of play sessions like 1PM would have.

Bern
Jul 1, 2009
I'm having fun so far as a f. gunner but I wish there wasn't a two character creation limit per day. Can I get a guild invite as Obstacl?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
What goes in the ID field in the bug submission form?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
How many skill hotkeys are necerserry to have binded in this game? Right now I can only get 4 skill hotkeys + basic attack on my controller, will that be enough?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
You can do manual inputs for pretty much all of the skills. There are conflicting ones however but there is the option to change what inputs you can press to do a skill.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
after dumping an entire fp bar into behemoth i am sick of that place all over again, let me tell you

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Luceid posted:

after dumping an entire fp bar into behemoth i am sick of that place all over again, let me tell you

North Shelter will make you hate everything. :shepicide:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

How long before you get to do pvp or am I going to have to run punch quests for like afew days before anything of real excitement happens?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Level 35. When your first cube unlocks.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well that's a pain in the rear end

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Just FYI when you get access to the training room you can spawn a Female Fighter if you wanna get your PvP combo optimization on early.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

BERGfu posted:

How long before you get to do pvp or am I going to have to run punch quests for like afew days before anything of real excitement happens?

I am enjoying these low level dungeon runs. There are explosions and blood and pew pew.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I like the new special dungeons. Several of them have neat gimmicks. They also give a lot of exp.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Did they buff up F.Brawlers? Cause Apply Poison seems a lot stronger than I remember.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I am enjoying these low level dungeon runs. There are explosions and blood and pew pew.

It's hard to be really excited about this since there's a ton of other coop/pvp games that i already have. Does the guild add any specific benefit or is it just for pairing at the moment?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BERGfu posted:

It's hard to be really excited about this since there's a ton of other coop/pvp games that i already have. Does the guild add any specific benefit or is it just for pairing at the moment?

Bonus stats, chatting, and when it levels up you get tokens and junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

hmm good to know thanks

• Locked thread