Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Gorelab posted:

Is anyone else also having trouble connecting to all of the 1-18 level channels?

They're super overpopulated. Go to a later channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
How big is the download? The launcher just tells me how many files but not the total size of them

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Nighthand posted:

Got a m.nen to 18 and a creator to 16. Creator, I think I got hit once the whole time? drat she's OP for the early levels.

Looks like the server reset did reset your character creation limit. If you made two before their maintenance, you can make two more now.

Yeah I just leveled creator to 16 too, hot drat - it feels like cheating, especially after playing a monk that died multiple times against some of the things that i just dropped 20 meteors and two giant blocks of ice on in 0.5 seconds.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Been trying to join a game for 10 minutes (NA-West). Anyone else having the same issue?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Red Mundus posted:

How big is the download? The launcher just tells me how many files but not the total size of them

About 7GB total I think

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

BlindNinja posted:

Been trying to join a game for 10 minutes (NA-West). Anyone else having the same issue?

NA West is all janked up for now.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
rolled a m. gunner but can't decide between mechanic or spitfire. can anybody give me the lowdown on either of them?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Getting hit in these early dungeons as any class is for chumps. I got hit pretty rarely as an Avenger (and as a priest before that). Just gotta know when your openings are and not get greedy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

rolled a m. gunner but can't decide between mechanic or spitfire. can anybody give me the lowdown on either of them?
Can't tell you about spitfire but mechanic is a hilarious spamfest of bombs and lasers. If you like filling the screen with poo poo, go that route. Mechanic was my main back when Nexon ran things and it was fun as hell.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endorph posted:

Can't tell you about spitfire but mechanic is a hilarious spamfest of bombs and lasers. If you like filling the screen with poo poo, go that route. Mechanic was my main back when Nexon ran things and it was fun as hell.

Isn't m. mech more about landrunners than anything? If you want lasers launcher seems like a better choice. Also launcher was super fun when i played it up to 40 but apparently it's bad in pvp and I've also read here that it's outclassed in pve now??

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

look dont ask me i only played like six years ago

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm sorry!!

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Today I built a beefy new PC and it's the first time I have had a computer that can run poo poo at 60fps w decent settings in literally 6 years but all I want to loving do on the day I inaugurate my Boss Rig is play this loving game that I first got into when I only had a netbook, BECAUSE it could run on a loving netbook :tipshat:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Mechanic is summons out the rear end. Spitfire is xxxxxxxxx physical attack with different elemental buffs and some grenades.

So apparently the non-launch DFO Global team is only ten people? Not sure how quickly we can count on getting updates out.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
Excited to get back into this after it shut down literally weeks after I started playing the first time around.

Can I have a guild invite on Omanth?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
My monk DoinkDoink will be bringing LAW AND ORDER back to Arad again. Those are what he calls his fists. :downs:

I wish I could get my old Danjun pot helmet back for him though, it's just not quite the same.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Applied to the guild as "Mogami" for Witch fun times.

I found a broomstick, but there doesn't seem to be a skill in the skill tree that lets me use it?

Luceid posted:

i need more homies in the oceanic sphere to play with, every time i join a random party i have like Red Danger Warning ping to everyone.

I'm in Oceanic, but online late night/early morning.

shadowman mk2
May 8, 2007

Can I get a guild acceptance for MiriamWebb.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Cheap Trick posted:

Applied to the guild as "Mogami" for Witch fun times.

I found a broomstick, but there doesn't seem to be a skill in the skill tree that lets me use it?

I'm in Oceanic, but online late night/early morning.

You have to actually be a Witch, not a Mage. Same thing for the other "Special" weapons.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

Spitfire provides a lot of crowd control, with freezing grenades, grenades that electrocute the enemies(which deals extra damage every time they're hit), you can attach C4 to several enemies and summon a sniper to gently caress poo poo up. Spitfire is about keeping enemies in control and status damage.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Does anyone know what xigncode tends to block? I seriously can't imagine what program I have left running that would cause objections.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

I saw the OP recommended a controller - does anyone have any suggested XPadder configs for this game, given that it's apparently the second time around?

I'll try to whip something up myself, but since I don't really know the buttons yet, I figure that may be a little tough. If someone had a working mapping, I'd rather just get used to that, rather than evolve a new one up :P

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Might be a bit early to ask this, but I'm kind of curious now.

I know in the old version there were those tower dungeons you could do and they didn't cost any FP, and looking at the Channel list there's a Tower channel but I'm wondering how the towers work in this version.

The channel says it's for 20-70, so could I take my level 38 M.Nen Master there? Where would I go?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there any alternatives to XPadder that aren't a) buggy crashy piles of crap and b) work with a DS4 (these might be related problems I suppose)? Or is support in game good enough that I don't need XPadder?

(edit) Nevermind, turns out DS4Windows has this stuff built in. :downs:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 25, 2015

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
It looks like all the dungeons Chrono cost FP now, for what thats worth.

Glad its back, for random pre-flight dungeon running.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

inkmoth posted:

I saw the OP recommended a controller - does anyone have any suggested XPadder configs for this game, given that it's apparently the second time around?

I'll try to whip something up myself, but since I don't really know the buttons yet, I figure that may be a little tough. If someone had a working mapping, I'd rather just get used to that, rather than evolve a new one up :P

On a 360 pad, I run:

-Z on left trigger (Z is your enemy-launching skill, and many skills can be input through a direction or combo+Z)
-Arrow keys on left thumbstick for movement
-X on X button for phys attack
-C on A button for jump
-First two skill hotkeys on Y and B buttons, these are my "bread and butter" skills
-The rest of the first skills hotbar is mapped to cardinal directions on the right thumbstick
-The second skills hotbar, which I reserve for more situational skills is mapped to Dpad
-The last two skills on the second bar I reserve for buffs and map to back and start
-Left and right bumper are mapped to 1 and 2, for health and mp pots respectively.
-Right trigger is my push-to-talk for Ventrilo, so put whatever you like there.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How did you make it actually work in DFO, Anonymous Robot? It seems to be hijacking the controller so that no matter my DS4Windows profile settings I can't actually do anything but move left and right with the stick, when I have movement (arrows on the keyboard, specifically) bound to D-Pad.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
My Monk advancement failed is there some kind of problem with class advancement?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Sorry, I use XPadder and I've just never had any problems with it, so I can't really help you there. The only issues I've had with DFO not accepting inputs were when I forgot to run in administrator mode.

Edit:

dbzfandiego posted:

My Monk advancement failed is there some kind of problem with class advancement?

If it's a character carried over from alpha, then yes. Otherwise, that's news to me.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Let my RobotBuddy in.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Anonymous Robot posted:

Sorry, I use XPadder and I've just never had any problems with it, so I can't really help you there. The only issues I've had with DFO not accepting inputs were when I forgot to run in administrator mode.

Well now I'm just confused. It clearly works in Notepad, tapping square prints x in there, etc. but nothing doing in DFO itself. DS4Windows runs as admin, so I don't get it.

I'm sad now. :(

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Anyone else having trouble with not being able to click things? It usually happens for me after I try to open the mail.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Cuchulain posted:

You have to actually be a Witch, not a Mage. Same thing for the other "Special" weapons.

So my F.Mage can change to Witch at 15, but somehow she found the broom at level 5? That's a bit odd.

Ovens
Dec 28, 2004

get over here and touch my goof darned muscles

Ciaphas posted:

Well now I'm just confused. It clearly works in Notepad, tapping square prints x in there, etc. but nothing doing in DFO itself. DS4Windows runs as admin, so I don't get it.

I'm sad now. :(

I can't get my DS4 to work with DFO either. I tried a bunch of configurations with ds4windows and xpadder, nothing's working. if I ignore xpadder I can get DFO to recognize my face and shoulder buttons and triggers, but not my d-pad or sticks

I've just been using my keyboard like a savage all night

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Sent in an application as Athash. Decided to try out Avenger this time around instead of being a Grappler.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
Also sent a request as Lilistrasza, cause I'm bad at names.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cheap Trick posted:

So my F.Mage can change to Witch at 15, but somehow she found the broom at level 5? That's a bit odd.

Creators can apparently use brooms from level 1, so lower level brooms exist.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ovens posted:

I can't get my DS4 to work with DFO either. I tried a bunch of configurations with ds4windows and xpadder, nothing's working. if I ignore xpadder I can get DFO to recognize my face and shoulder buttons and triggers, but not my d-pad or sticks

I've just been using my keyboard like a savage all night

I eventually got it to work by ditching DS4Windows and going back to Ye Olde DS4Tool. Took a lot of finagling to get the driver to work though.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

Gorelab posted:

Does anyone know what xigncode tends to block? I seriously can't imagine what program I have left running that would cause objections.

I'll write a xigncode log viewer for goons this weekend, probs

Until then: Delete your xigncode folder and run ccleaner. Open up msconfig and disable any software you've got set to run on boot, like MSI afterburner or VMware. In the services tab, hide Microsoft services and disable poo poo in there. Disable your antivirus if it's not Microsoft security essentials. If you use a nonstandard task manager, disable its system service. Services you've got running are a likely culprit.

Clear your DNS cache also. It checks that for blacklisted domains. Don't have proxy or VPN related software running.

also mumble will probably trigger it.

in general anything that so much as looks at DFO will probably trigger it so have only the tasks you need set to run, then run ccleaner and reboot.

good luck you terrible cheater

Daman fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

I eventually got it to work by ditching DS4Windows and going back to Ye Olde DS4Tool. Took a lot of finagling to get the driver to work though.

I've started working on my own Xpadder profile using the one posted here as a suggestion. Interestingly enough, while my movement keys seem to work just fine, none of my attacks/skills or even jumping seem to be triggering in-game, despite Xpadder showing the buttons being pressed and the keypresses making it to Notepad. Guessing it's some kind of delay thing, will update this post when I figure it out - but I'd love to hear if anyone else is seeing this.

Edit: even those move keys may not be working - un-mapped in Xpadder and I can still walk around... Closed DFO and powered off my controller, logged back into DFO and then turned on controller, no longer moving around (guess it was weird built-in support). Restarted Xpadder (running as admin both times) for good measure, but that didn't work either, though notepad's still getting the keys.

inkmoth fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 25, 2015

• Locked thread