Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

amusinginquiry posted:

Should add something to the OP about fatigue, how it works, and how absolutely retarded it is.

I played for about 10-11 hours yesterday, with 2 30s and 2 new characters and still was not able to fully burn FP on my 4th char. I had like 35 left when and was too tired so I just went to sleep, since any leftover FP gives you an experience boost for a portion of the FP bar the next day anyway (sort of like rested XP in WoW).

Yeah, it's lovely for like the first day or two of a new character but once you get to the higher levels the dungeons take way longer and it gets to the point where you can only realistically play like 2 or 3 characters in a normal day of playtime.

It would be good if they could somehow mitigate that early feeling of excessive restriction so people don't get the immediate bad impression but I don't know how they could do that easily. Maybe don't start using up FP till a certain level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

amusinginquiry posted:

After I capped fatigue, a friend explained to me that fatigue is based off how many dungeon rooms you uncover. So if you're trying to use your fatigue efficiently, you avoid uncovering unnecessary rooms. Which is weird, but whatever. As far as I can tell this isn't explained to you anywhere in game. Maybe I just spammed enter past the cheesy dialogue, but I'm pretty sure the game itself doesn't explain this to you. Which is, again dumb design.

To their credit, they do mention it in the game guide.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

CEO daily quest gives you a 30 FP potion now!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Turhis posted:

When does the Fatigue reset? Someone said on reddit it would be 1PM PDT but that doesn't seem to be true or google is lying to me.

5AM EDT, so 2AM PDT.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Androc posted:

Do we have the version of f. spitfire with the jetpack? Spitfire always kinda scared me off due to the 'ammo power, xxxxxxx' thing seeming boring, but on the other hand I really want to try being an annoying, mobile rear end in a top hat in pvp.

Not yet. :( I think it's in the very next patch after the one we're currently on, KDnF wise, when the F.Gunner 2nd awakenings go in. I've shelved mine for now as it's a bit more difficult (and a lot less fun) without it.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Supremezero posted:

So, starting the game, I make a Female Fighter, go Grappler.

And in the +drop rate forest, I get the level 20 unique Gauntlet.

So apparently the game has decided to support by "SUPLEX THE TRAIN!" desire.

It then, in that same run, proceeded to give me another unique.

The level 20 LIGHTSABER unique.

Please tell me there's a way to transfer uniques between characters.

Some are tradable some aren't, it will tell you on the item stats. If they are just mail it to your other character.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Good to know.

Another question while I wait for the download. How are the inputs for moves?
I've heard that it uses lots of mechanics from fighting games, does it use similar input motions?

They have default inputs, but you can customize the inputs for any move to whatever you want. A lot of the default inputs are fighting-game-ish, though, yeah.\

edit: double beaten!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Snicker-Snack posted:

So, is the f.Spitfire in the global client the one with all the air dashes and extra jumps? I keep seeing these crazy korean videos of them flying all over the place but I heard it's a relatively recent buff to them.

No, they got that with their 2nd awakening, and I believe we're on the patch right before that.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

kontona posted:

have you guys started an IRC channel?

irc.synirc.net #dfo

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Madtrixr posted:

Loton and Lorianne are unaccounted for after metastasis.

Considering how much it hosed up everything and they havent been found even after a few years...

he ded son. he supa ded

You can see Lorianne's hairband on the ground and Denkas' skeleton in the room before the boss of Chessboard of Despair. :smith:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Good enough for me, thanks loads.

Question about two entirely different classes! For Elementalist and Witch, I know there's a skill that requires you to use all four elements once in a while to stay fully powered up. Is that required on either class? Because it looked like an unbelievable pain in the rear end, if I'm honest.

Or maybe I should skip that whole mess and go Elemental Bomber when I want to get my magic on :v:

Yes, Elemental Burn is really nice on both classes, it's a ton of INT if you keep all 4 marks lit up. I'd definitely recommend keeping it maxed or near max if you can, it will help your damage significantly. It's actually easier to keep up than it sounds usually, since on both classes you will generally be rotating through most of the elements during your normal attack rotation. There will be times where marks will drop though or later on you may have a build that doesn't use all the elements, so you'll want to memorize the tier 1 skill inputs (lantern firebomb, frosty head, pluto, florae circle) and just toss the appropriate one of those out quickly if you see you're missing a mark before going to the next room. They're pretty simple skill inputs, and you can customize them if needed, so if you get into the habit it's pretty easy.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

People keep talking about blowing all their money and materials for awakening right at 50 but I want to caution people against doing that because of a questline you'll get shortly after.

Once you get to lv54, you get an epic questline for the Death Dragon Spirazzi dungeon where you have to craft a bracer. It requires 2 white cubes, 20 raw paving stones, and 40 chaos stone debris for a magic capsule that has a CHANCE to have the material you need (Suppressed Dragon Anger) to craft the bracer. Subsequent crafts of the capsule reqiure 1 white cube, 10 paving stones, and 20 chaos stone debris.

A few quests later, a quest also requires the "failure" item from the capsule, Oxidized Substance. Thankfully this one is tradeable so you can buy it on the AH if someone is selling it which should be more common as the main group of players hits 54, there are already a few up there.

The chance to get the Dragon Anger seems reasonably high at least, since i got SEVEN IN A ROW (:argh:) as I was trying to get the Oxidized Substance a few days ago because there were none on the AH at the time. But keep in mind that you're at the mercy of the RNG here, and it's 40 chaos stone debris the first time and 20 after, which are an item you will also need 60 of to awaken. Thankfully you can get them easily from a lv57 daily in Ghent, however you NEED to do the lv54 questline in order to unlock the epic quests in Ghent in the first place, so if you don't have a character that high you're going to probably have to use up your stash and/or spend some money on it unless the RNG is very kind to you.

So I know people want to awaken as soon as possible because it owns and all, but please keep this in mind so you don't spend all your money/mats and end up stalling yourself on this questline!

edit: Apparently you only need to have done the Suppressed Dragon Anger quest, the Oxidized Substance quest is not required to get to Ghent.

cathead fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 2, 2015

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Apparently if you straight up grind to 56 you can resume the Ghent epics in East Ghent. So I guess if you want to grind out two whole levels you can skip the magic capsule bullshit.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Riftling posted:

Isn't the capsule an epic quest? If it is, that'd lock you out of getting urgent quests until it's completed.

Yes, there's that too.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Relin posted:

How do I utilize supporters?

They need to be 50, once they are you can click the little button in the lower right and go to the Supporters tab and select them, it will give you the option to use one of three specific skills as the assist. Once you've set it just hit tab while in a dungeon and they will jump in and do the ability.

Keep in mind the assist can be interrupted if they get hit while they are running in.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The Silver Snail posted:

I used to play to play DFO a bit back during the Nexon days and had alot of fun playing a witch. I think the farthest I got was a little past the sky tower or whatever.

If I wanted to start playing again now, does the witch have enough new tricks to make playing the same character entertaining again, or should I try something else? I especially enjoyed the quirky PvE aspects of the witch and my fave moves were broom spin and maybe black manteau, so are there any other classes that can offer something like that?

I'd say play one again, if you only made it to Sky Tower then you haven't gotten any of the hilarious machines yet like Furnace or Drill Car or Collider so you haven't really gotten the full ~Witch Experience~, and if you were liking it already you'll probably only enjoy it more from there. Also, the class has improved significantly since the old days, especially once the cap is raised to 85 and we get their 2nd Awakening. Collider also makes a really good assist for your other characters.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

RGCrab posted:

The place is seriously a blast as a witch. The upper floors are just me trying to get off a manteau before Springtime Hoy or Tornado Banham get started on me. The last few floors are intense.

I actually started keeping a rank in Dragon Fang when doing Towers, just because that gives great reach and hit stun with little start up, giving you time to check your situation better against the more combo happy NPCs.

What I do on Witch is save up cubes until the last 6 or 7 floors or so and just pop a machine on each floor immediately. Usually all it takes is one round of that and maybe a Jacky to kill anyone left over. By the time I've cycled through furnace/collider/ice car the cooldown is up on the first one again.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's really emasculating to watch an equal level Spitfire just decimate a boss that takes my F.Brawler three times as long to dent.

What level? F.Brawler can poo poo on bosses pretty hard later on once they have their good skills.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was level 26 at the time.

Oh yeah, you don't even have brick buster or mount at that point so I can see it feeling pretty crappy. It gets better pretty quickly from there though because you get a bunch of good damage and hold skills.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Doublestep posted:

Double experience is apparently active right now.

Must have been a mistake because it's turned off now.

Looks like we get it at the same time as last weekend.

edit: It's back on? I don't know what's going on anymore.

cathead fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 4, 2015

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Colgate posted:

Is there anywhere in particular where Emperor Helm Seals drop more? 120 is a rather large number for awakening.

Requesting to join GamerGirls as LilacDreams

I think you start seeing them around Iced Wall and then once you get to Ghent they start dropping fairly often.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Countblanc posted:

I have no experience with Witch but just glancing over their skills they have tons of AoE abilities, and I don't see any buffs other than Mana Shield and Ancient Library, but those both have cooldowns past their durations so they're meant to be used as needed, not kept up 24/7.

Witch have lollipop, elemental burn, magic festival, ancient library, dust (if you plan on whacking things), mana shield (stays up all dungeon so doesnt matter), and ancient memory (poo poo, not worth taking). So yeah, quite a few buffs.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

PBnJamo posted:

Just to add to your note about Brawler: Heaven's Net, Mount, JUNK SPIN.

Don't forget Brick Buster! And Venom Mine!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Frosty is a terrifying zoning king in PvP, but I haven't managed to find a single use for him in PvE, ever. Also, Ancient Library is alright if you have spare SP, but its job is pretty much solely supplanted by MP potions, so get rid of it if you're having SP crunch.

Ancient Library is pretty drat good now since it's always up and thus provides a consistent source of bonus int (in addition to the MP). That being said it wouldn't hurt to drop some points in it if you need SP, but I also wouldn't discount it otherwise.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Chippzz posted:

What type of swords do knights prefer?

Elven Knight is greatswords, Chaos is short swords

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

As a battlemage, am I still choosing between phys and mag build like I was in Nexon DFO? The auto-leveling skills with chasers seems to suggest I can just go hybrid (in which case do I level both phys and mag crit?). I have no idea how this class works anymore

It's pretty much hybrid now yeah, you'll probably want to lean magic while leveling because chaser launcher and fusion chaser are so drat good. With 2nd awakening you get a passive that equalizes your STR/INT anyway.

Read burritoblob's post on dfonexus for more details on builds and stuff. He also has a few other posts in the thread with some good info. He's a really good KDnF BM player and has some good advice as well as some gameplay videos so you can see how he approaches things from a leveling dungeon perspective.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Goddamn Venom Mines are a gamechanger.

Wait till you get a version of exploding hook that sucks all nearby enemies in!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Witch is fun too. My mana issues dissipated when I noticed that Ancient Memories had 100% uptime and provides 75% of the int that a fully empowered elemental burn without any downsides. I am having issues keeping more than 2 elements running with elemental burn though because my fire and water abilities have a long cooldown.

You should be using Tier 1 skills (lantern firebomb, florae circle, pluto, frosty head) to light those runes. Just memorize the commands for them, they're not too hard. I usually check if any are not lit up before I go to the next room and just cast them quickly.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

dromer posted:

Is there any way to move untradeable items between characters?

Also, what are some good ranger combos for crowd control or damaging bosses, especially super-armored bosses?

I believe the cash shop has an item that will allow you to put an untradable item in your account bank, but obviously it's not open for us yet.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LornMarkus posted:

Speaking of, how's Battle Mage doing these days? I played one back in the really old Nexon days (after F.Gunner came out when the game was still running on an only slightly softened grading scale from the Korean version) and really enjoyed it but had to step away from the game for a bit and found it had been nerfed to hell when I came back.

Other people already weighed in on the class, but I just wanted to point out that if you're considering making a BM soon, you may want to read this post by burritoblob. Apparently the growing dragon weapon is REALLY GOOD for BMs due to the modifiers on it, making it useful until you can get a better weapon at 85/86, so you may want to consider saving it for them.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bugsy posted:

No, nothing about Dragon Knight and Paladin. As far as I know they are on hold and have been for some time now.

These are the best/only skill guides I've seen on chaos and elven knight. Its dfonexus, but Yoowy has played Kdnf for quite a while and knows his stuff.

http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/chaos-knight-guide-o.427/

http://www.dfonexus.com/threads/elven-knight-guide-o.326/

I don't think that burritoblob/tehgarr has ever typed up a guide on things, but his past broadcasts should have some chaos play.

blob made some posts towards the end of the chaos thread with some of his updates to yoowy's guide, so check those out, he's a good player.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Schubalts posted:

Schub4u applied for GamerGirls.

You can use 100 mileage points to make temp avatars permanent. You get one mileage per level 20+ dungeon, up to 30 a day.

That's only per piece, so I hope you like saving up 800 points per set :v:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Also get the pole growing weapon on the BM it will last you till 85.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Big Mad Drongo posted:

But then you're stuck playing a BM. :v:

I mean, I'm sure they can be fun if you're into on the ground combos, but I found mine way too intensive for my "get drunk and mash keys" playstyle.

Mash chaser launcher and fusion chaser. If you're really feeling saucy and want the mobs to stay in place, mash punto wave and chaser launcher at the same time. When you're not mashing those mash various chaser generators as you fly back and forth like an idiot.

I mean you'll do better if you think about it more but it's kind of surprising how much you can get away with just mashing the right buttons.

cathead fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 14, 2015

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Gologle posted:

I would not say that an Asura needs it. The problem is, a lot of classes don't need a growing weapon. Probably the only ones I can think of is an M. Grap, possibly a Soul Bender, possibly a Weapon Master, a Thief, or maybe Female Nen Master. That's it really. All other classes, from my experience, can do fine leveling without it.

People keep forgetting Battlemage, the one class where the growth weapon is the best possible for their primary build until level 86 cap content, when you can finally get something better. We won't have that for quite awhile.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kylra posted:

Is 86 cap the next one or the one after?

After. 86 cap comes with Castle of the Dead, KDnF just got it like 2 or 3 months ago so it's going to be awhile for us, I'm sure.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

dromer posted:

How far behind is the global version?

We're on part 2 of the priest 2nd awakening patch, which was in October 2014. So about 5-6 months behind.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Are there any chasers I want to concentrate on especially? Do I want to use Conversion? Do I want both Phys and Magic Crit? Str or Int?

I'm so bad at games help

Unoriginal One is correct but I also recommend reading this post by burritoblob on dfonexus. He's got some good tips and build advice in there as well as some videos so you can get some ideas on how to play. He mains BM on KDnF and is a very good player so his advice is pretty solid. Check out his other posts in that thread as well, there's some other good info.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kylra posted:

Probably around 15-25 days of full FP bars. Average seems to be around 5 so far as I can tell.

It seems pretty random, I got 11 teardrops so far today and I still have a little more FP to go on my battlemage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kessel posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/32mrjl/psa_growing_weapon_loses_its_4_attack_when/

Is this right? The growing pole loses its +4 on transform? Because if so there's no reason to put it on a BM.

It's not just poles, I think all weapons have the issue, here's a staff with the same thing:

I'm guessing it's a visual bug with the tooltip. Like Kylra said we'll have to wait until someone actually gets the dragon weapon and can test it.

• Locked thread