Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

bowmore posted:

did your power level go up TheRam?

You mean is my new look stronger than my old one? Secret for now...

Rurea posted:

Well that is interesting.

I might was well give an explanation,

I am Captain Ginyu, ginyu force-aligned bodyswapper. I'm a 3rd party. Each night i can use my body swap power on a player and I will show up as their role, flavor and alignment to investigations and vice versa. This is a permanent change, so you will be Ginyu for the rest of the game sorry buddy! I win and exit the game when I successfully bodyswap with a target I've been given, and if you know the show at all i bet you can guess who it is.
The upside to this power is I can use it functionally as a role/alignment cop on people, and as long as we keep track of who gets swapped where I don't think it will be that confusing.
I will keep your role secret for now, so please don't kill me.

So you agree I should receive more dragon balls, and that I am town?

Mornacale posted:

So just to be clear, TheRam still has his power, but 1) you know what it is, and 2) you will show up as him (and vice versa) to investigations? Following from that, you're saying that Ram is confirmed town? Further, does anything happen to your target (the one that lets you win) when you swap with them? (I assume your target is a toad, right?)

Ram, what information about Ginyu did you receive when you got swapped? Also, what did you use the Dragon Ball to do?

Confirmed town isn't when one player says another is town. Confirmed town is when something shows to the thread someone is town, usually only mod-based activity.

bowmore posted:

I'm tempted to vote Rurea because "you will show up as him (and vice versa) to investigations" sounds entirely like a scum power

more info needed

I agree. Though I think maybe I would rather call Rurea's targets under threat of death.

If Rurea is scum, then I am quite sad that the scum know my powers.

In fact, so much so that I want to claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Rurea already said I'm town, so that's redundant. This should come as no surprise, though, really.

Diqnol, update on the you quidnose dating thing?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Rurea, are you willing to cooperate to ensure a town + rurea victory?

Do you know the alignment of the person you seek, or anything about them other than their flavour/character?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Can someone that watches the show tell me who he is looking for flavor wise? I mean he claimed it to people that know theb show.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Mornacale posted:

Ram, what information about Ginyu did you receive when you got swapped? Also, what did you use the Dragon Ball to do?

I don't see why I would want to answer the second part.

I got told that I have had my identity stolen, and that all investigations will now return results as though I was captain ginyu (flavour and alignment)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

TheRam posted:

I don't see why I would want to answer the second part.

I got told that I have had my identity stolen, and that all investigations will now return results as though I was captain ginyu (flavour and alignment)

Did you get told what ginyus role does?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

Can someone that watches the show tell me who he is looking for flavor wise? I mean he claimed it to people that know theb show.
Goku probably, it's always Goku.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

TheRam posted:

Rurea, are you willing to cooperate to ensure a town + rurea victory?

Do you know the alignment of the person you seek, or anything about them other than their flavour/character?

I will cooperate as best I can.

The only thing i know is their flavor.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

He is town

Rurea posted:

I will cooperate as best I can.

The only thing i know is their flavor.
sorry bud ##vote Rurea

inconsistencies in claiming

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

i was referring to my target, not The Ram you dumby

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What happens when Rurea gets his target though? Does the target die?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rurea posted:

i was referring to my target, not The Ram you dumby
and you targeted The Ram

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

bowmore posted:

and you targeted The Ram

By "Target" Im referring to Goku, who I need in order to win.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You said you only learn the flavor of your target yet you targeted TheRam and know he is town?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

bowmore posted:

You said you only learn the flavor of your target yet you targeted TheRam and know he is town?

Can someone explain it to him because I feel like I'm being punked.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ohhhhhhh I missed something

##unvote for now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Captain Ginyu? Bodyswapping? Some people are trusting. Others, suspicious.

But a beep from the Dragon Radar draws everyone's attention.

The Two-Star Dragon Ball has appeared! Same basics as last time, four Volunteers to get the Dragonball.

According to legend, the Two-Star Dragon Ball comes only to those who are truthful!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

Ohhhhhhh I missed something

##unvote for now

Rurea won't know the targets alignment until he get them. At which point he'll have won and he'll be gone.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Rurea won't know the targets alignment until he get them. At which point he'll have won and he'll be gone.
yeah that's what I missed

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

TheRam posted:

Confirmed town isn't when one player says another is town. Confirmed town is when something shows to the thread someone is town, usually only mod-based activity.

It's funny because you were saying the exact opposite of this in Tick Tock. In any event, it's clear that I was asking if you are confirmed town to Rurea, via the mod telling them explicitly that you are town-aligned. (Though the question does seem to have been answered while I was typing it.)

Was there anything about the Dragon Ball, besides the fact that it can be taken from you even after use, that makes you think there's a collector of them?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##nominate TheRam

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I think we should give the 2-star ball to one of Piccolo/Kami, assuming that they are confirmed masons now as they implied. I'm extremely loathe to give multiple balls to one person at this juncture, especially someone who has already hammered a town power role out of pure self-centeredness.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mornacale posted:

I think we should give the 2-star ball to one of Piccolo/Kami, assuming that they are confirmed masons now as they implied. I'm extremely loathe to give multiple balls to one person at this juncture, especially someone who has already hammered a town power role out of pure self-centeredness.

I agree with the first half of this statement. I would like to wait and hear from people first.

I'm also totally down with giving one to our 3p that will abscond from the game with it :)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mornacale posted:

It's funny because you were saying the exact opposite of this in Tick Tock. In any event, it's clear that I was asking if you are confirmed town to Rurea, via the mod telling them explicitly that you are town-aligned. (Though the question does seem to have been answered while I was typing it.)

Was there anything about the Dragon Ball, besides the fact that it can be taken from you even after use, that makes you think there's a collector of them?

For what it's worth, I dont see why TheRam is a better dragonball person than anyone else.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##nominate Diqnol

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mornacale posted:

I like this idea so I will also

##volunteer Diqnol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Did I miss there being a second dragon ball nomination announced?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ROFL, I totally did. Ok.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidnose posted:

##nominate Diqnol

Are you and Diqnol confirmed town now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd like to hear the results of Diqnol's night stuff before we make a decision here. But tentatively down with Diqnol.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Amnistar posted:

Are you and Diqnol confirmed town now?

I don't want to go into details but I trust him completely.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##volunteer Quidnose

Quid and I are masons now, yeah.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I have a question for you Quid now. I want to know something that I already know to confirm that you two are telling me the truth.

I am a rolecop. I hit Diqnol last night, to verify that he was telling the truth.

Nothing in Diqnol's role supports your mason concept mechanically (i.e. his role is not Secret Lover or something similiar) but what his role is supports your concept (in a weird way)

Can you give me something that tells me that you are Diqnol are talking and that he has told you truthfully what your role is?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Mornacale posted:

No I wasn't. I refer to myself as confirmed town or "basically confirmed town" either for a joke or as a way of explaining just how obvious it I'm town in some circumstances. I really don't contradict myself, but sometimes people have trouble processing my meaning. All games I've flipped in I was town or playing my town game.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Rurea posted:

For what it's worth, I dont see why TheRam is a better dragonball person than anyone else.

This is troubling.

You know my role? Yes or no?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Quidnose posted:

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

##volunteer Quidnose

Quid and I are masons now, yeah.

Are you confirmed mutually, yes or no?

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

You should give me the dragon ball, if Rurea knows my role she should know why it's incredibly obvious.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

he**

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

FYI town "confirmed" by the claimed 3P I outed that has a role based reason for being a good recipient > apparently supposed to be "mutually confirmed town masons" who are unwilling to disclose fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'm going to make a list of all the role information flying around, but I'd like a couple things to be confirmed/clarified.

Rurea, does your power allow you to learn the roles of your targets? In general, can you be specific about what you learn? Also, can you confirm or deny the underlined points: you have permanently switched bodies with TheRam, which means that you/he keep your original powers but switch "identities" (role name, flavor, alignment) for the purpose of investigation, and then you will switch TheRam's "identity" with your next target, and so on?

diqnol and/or Quidnose, can you address Amnistar's attempt to verify your roles?

• Locked thread