Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is this the episode that broke me? I think this is the episode that broke me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Is this the episode that broke me? I think this is the episode that broke me.

Of course it is.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'll be honest, they were pairing Karin and Atsuma pretty hard but Yuki blindsided me. This game is so weird.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm guessing the game's trying to do some sort of love triangle thing and screwing it up massively. But that doesn't get brought up in this Update! because we're too busy finding the spy (it's Raigar)

22: Ooka

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Are you trying to say that Paine is as bad as the FFXIII cast? That is like the bad wrongest opinion. She was cool and fun. "What's the password for [boss monster]?" "How about 'Kick. Its. rear end.'"

Also yeah what the gently caress Karin?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SSNeoman posted:

Are you trying to say that Paine is as bad as the FFXIII cast? That is like the bad wrongest opinion. She was cool and fun. "What's the password for [boss monster]?" "How about 'Kick. Its. rear end.'"

Also yeah what the gently caress Karin?

I think the argument is that Paine is a female version of Cloud, which is also wrong.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Paine was basically the best character in X-2 and should have been the lead in a better game (X-2 was decent but she would make an otherwise ok game amazing)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Istvun posted:

Paine was basically the best character in X-2 and should have been the lead in a better game (X-2 was decent but she would make an otherwise ok game amazing)

Considering that I hated most characters in X-2 was kind of ambivalent about Paine, I have to agree.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Everyone in this game is incompetent it is the most Idiot of all Idiot Plots.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

GirlCalledBob posted:

Everyone in this game is incompetent it is the most Idiot of all Idiot Plots.

What a rude thing to say about ĄDown in Front!

Anyways, the next episode will be coming out either late today or tomorrow.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Turns out it was tomorrow, but here is the next Update! Someone really needs to learn to stop laughing at their own jokes.

23: Giggling Man

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
'I yelled at my friends one time so obviously now they won't help me save the world!'

Karin. I hate you.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

GirlCalledBob posted:

'I yelled at my friends one time so obviously now they won't help me save the world!'

Karin. I hate you.

In fairness, it was some really lovely stuff she said.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Istvun posted:

In fairness, it was some really lovely stuff she said.

Also in fairness, Yuki later pretty much argues that they shouldn't help her because she was mean that one time.

So I guess I forgive Karin and hate Yuki. Also, I shouldn't post before I'm done watching the video, because Atsuma's insistence on the Giggling Man's name just made me forgive this game for everything.

Except Yuki, I will never forgive this game for Yuki.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GirlCalledBob posted:

Atsuma's insistence on the Giggling Man's name just made me forgive this game for everything.

The game has a single good scene and you're willing to forgive everything else?!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

The game has a single good scene and you're willing to forgive everything else?!

Do you remember that scene? GOTY 2006, no question.

24: Strongest Guard in the Castle

In this Update! we reach King Caliban to yell at him for wanting to release the Emperor of Fire never talking to his daughter about anything.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well. In this Update I go the wrong way and get lost. For about half the episode. So basically nothing worthwhile happens and I would agree with skipping it.

25: Old Royal Guard

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Atsuma is being the adult in this group. That's scary.

Yuki too what the gently caress :psyduck:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 27, 2015

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I didn't mention this earlier, but Colin was volunteering for Pride the last two weekends and we couldn't record. As soon as we can we'll start up some new episodes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We tried to record today, we really did. Unfortunately, we ran into technical difficulties again.

HOWEVER! THIS time, it was neither my fault nor Colin's internet's fault. Today, the blame lands squarely on Istvun, because he somehow managed to record no audio.

Colin then ran off to Canada. We'll be recording again on Sunday, super late.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
It took a while, but I finally have an Update!

26: 2-D Or Not 2-D?

We explore the secret king prison behind the throne room. I'm sure it comes in handy during revolutions!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't blame you for cheesing these dungeons. This looks daaamn tedious.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

SSNeoman posted:

I don't blame you for cheesing these dungeons. This looks daaamn tedious.

I was a bit. Also this Update! has the first boss I was completely roadblocked by. We had to scrap that recording session and I don't have my audio from the fight, but I could re-commentate over the fight and release it as a supplemental video.

27: Emperor of Fire

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Whoah hey something cool happened! And our heroes accomplished something! I mean they kinda hosed up at first, but I mean other than that :v:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Update! London city got kinda smashed up last episode, if you remember. Well, for some reason it's up to us to fix it.

28: Efficient London Carpenter

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

No game don't be meta. You can't do meta.

why is yuki being sensible no game staaahp

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Another Update! We're a lot more powerful than earlier, so surely this time we can beat the Fire Temple.

29: Man Who Travels a Lot

Sorry about updates being sparse, I'm in the middle of packing up to move which is taking all my free time.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
After way too long dealing with a move and getting resettled, I am back with another Update!

30: Phoenicia, NOT Phoenix

Turns out the Fire temple that was giving us problems last episode is actually hard. Who'da thunk it? Anyways, I'm not sure how much interest remains in this LP. If nobody's watching it might make sense to let it die a quiet death.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I just wanna point out I love you guys. Like the game is so flawed and not even in the flawed but charming way. But you guys make the videos watchable.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I could see myself liking this game, but it needs more polish. And be less stupid. It uses tropes that even Dragon Quest looks down on.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Bah! All the plot needs is to not fall down the first time you glance at it! These are the rules!

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
never not updating

31: Why Did It Have To Be Yuki

On the one hand, we found a new city. On the other, it's Junk.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Honestly I don't blame you for exploiting the hell out of the power of 2d or not 2d. I wonder if you could have a whole team of them and wipe out a boss just by 3 of them alone.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zain posted:

Honestly I don't blame you for exploiting the hell out of the power of 2d or not 2d. I wonder if you could have a whole team of them and wipe out a boss just by 3 of them alone.

You can only have one Golem of each type in your party.

I know we discussed this at some point.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Istvun posted:

never not updating

31: Why Did It Have To Be Yuki

On the one hand, we found a new city. On the other, it's Junk.

Watching this video after our recent recording session is really really funny.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Watching this video after our recent recording session is really really funny.

Why? There's nothing about the previous section that could be useful for mater ones.

NOTHING AT ALL

EVER

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's Monday and time for me to get back into the swing of Updating!

32: Girl With A Cunning Look

In which we explore exotic Junk City and Yuki surely doesn't gently caress things up entirely.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

With Time Warner I think after 3 months if you call them up and threaten to change your ISP you can get your bill cut in half with them or something. That's what I've been told- I have Centurylink and ugh it's horrible.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zain posted:

With Time Warner I think after 3 months if you call them up and threaten to change your ISP you can get your bill cut in half with them or something. That's what I've been told- I have Centurylink and ugh it's horrible.

Yeah, that's how I got it cut by around $20, but the service still doesn't seem to be as good as the old ISP. Unf those guys don't serve this building so it was an elaborate bluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Also the good version of cunning is clever.

• Locked thread