Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You killed a gold squat
and got a scout orb.

And you keep forgetting your new skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You killed a gold squat
and got a scout orb.

And you keep forgetting your new skills.

It takes time to add skills though. And given that I'm running a maximum-efficiency LP I can't mess around in menus!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Mimer's well is what he dropped his eye into. He also hung upon Yggdrasil for three days to learn to Skald, that is, music magic stuff.

Thesaya fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 15, 2015

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yet another Update! Time to keep on finishing up the sidequests.

56: Happy God Orb

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Level Scaling a hate story: It's a bad idea but Square Enix did do it again. I know for a fact Last Remnant has levels scaling so it's best to keep that poo poo as low level as possible to limit the enemy's options.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zain posted:

Level Scaling a hate story: It's a bad idea but Square Enix did do it again. I know for a fact Last Remnant has levels scaling so it's best to keep that poo poo as low level as possible to limit the enemy's options.

I 'liked' how it worked in Oblivion. Yeah, of course random bandits would rock daedric armor!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Are you that powerful, or are the Bonus Bosses just that well balanced and/or weak? You couldn't even scratch them a few videos ago, but those fight seem fair, but rather easy. Which is a good thing, but I expected some more strategy required - so far the most strategic approach you had to use was the Revive the meatshield, and even that was set up partially by the Boss.

I predict The Queen of Ice will be rather weak, or have some annoying gimmick to make her more annoying without it actually making sense, gameplay-wise.

Also, is it feasible to have a team of God Golems or are they expensive enough not to allow more than one present, if one were to be sensible?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Istvun posted:

I 'liked' how it worked in Oblivion. Yeah, of course random bandits would rock daedric armor!

I hate to bring up Dark Souls, but seriously that's about the only game that even though it never does level scaling... Pretty much everything isn't a pushover. Like you can still get your poo poo hosed up by the normal mooks if you gently caress around.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Szurumbur posted:

Are you that powerful, or are the Bonus Bosses just that well balanced and/or weak? You couldn't even scratch them a few videos ago, but those fight seem fair, but rather easy. Which is a good thing, but I expected some more strategy required - so far the most strategic approach you had to use was the Revive the meatshield, and even that was set up partially by the Boss.

I predict The Queen of Ice will be rather weak, or have some annoying gimmick to make her more annoying without it actually making sense, gameplay-wise.

Also, is it feasible to have a team of God Golems or are they expensive enough not to allow more than one present, if one were to be sensible?

It's sort of a combination of these bosses not being quite as strong (Like, the Lord of Earth had basically 20,000 HP and these bonus bosses have around half that, though they have had higher damage numbers) and throwing together seriously strong team compositions/throwing around EX attacks like candy.

We will be showing off the gods and the temple golems, since we have the cores, but a bunch of them are starting off at level 1 and take a fair amount of gem so I might need to do some offscreen grinding.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Merry Christmas everyone. All I've got for you is an Update that's about twice as long.

57: Guard Faithful To His Duty

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Merry Christmas guys~!

Han is pretty much Chaotic Good. He does what he does as long as he comes out alright.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sorry about the big long wait everyone. We were working with new equipment and that always makes things a bigger pain.

58: Phoenicia

We're getting close to the end of this game, so we're trying to figure out what we'll be playing next.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Woo! It's back from outerspace. I just came in to see that look upon Atsuma's face.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Istvun posted:

Sorry about the big long wait everyone. We were working with new equipment and that always makes things a bigger pain.

58: Phoenicia

We're getting close to the end of this game, so we're trying to figure out what we'll be playing next.

Are you taking suggestions? Because there are a few XBox games I didn't play and would be want to see (not necessarily because they're bad, I just haven't had a chance) think would be a good fit for your group.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 18, 2016

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Szurumbur posted:

Are you taking suggestions? Because there are a few XBox games I didn't play and would be want to see (not necessarily because they're bad, I just haven't had a chance) think would be a good fit for your group.

I think Numbers has an idea for what he wants to play next, but I'd be interested for something either to stream or in case he's unwilling to get through his game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Istvun posted:

I think Numbers has an idea for what he wants to play next, but I'd be interested for something either to stream or in case he's unwilling to get through his game.

I'm insulted that you think I won't make you suffer all the way through Chrono Cross the way you made me suffer through Enchanted Arms.

Alternately, we could play FF9 for something everyone will (should) enjoy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm also open to suggestions, as long as it's understood that we make no promises about actually accepting them.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

I'm insulted that you think I won't make you suffer all the way through Chrono Cross the way you made me suffer through Enchanted Arms.

Alternately, we could play FF9 for something everyone will (should) enjoy.

Man, if Enchanted Arms wasn't a game I actually liked playing I probably wouldn't be doing this LP. And it's not like you're suffering at all, you're barely paying attention.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I was thinking of Sudeki or Otogi, to name two examples.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's time for another Update! and we've beaten all of the Egyptian Japanese god cards golems. Now it's time to go into the ultimate dungeon and lose before just finishing the game instead.

59: Black Dragon

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Red Eyes Black Dragon~ It does kinda feel like everything tends to reference everything else in japan. At least pop media like Yugi.

Edit: Even though the black dragon here isn't anything like that.

Zain fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 25, 2016

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zain posted:

Red Eyes Black Dragon~ It does kinda feel like everything tends to reference everything else in japan. At least pop media like Yugi.

Edit: Even though the black dragon here isn't anything like that.

I'm pretty sure everything is yugioh.

Anyways, we're (finally) back on schedule with recording, so I have another Update! We're running through the optional hard dungeon because apparently it's full of golems and weapons to make. I also brought all of the god orb golems along, though the real god golem is 2D or not 2D.

60: Globe-Trotter (From Junk City)

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Man, WTF was Colin taking in this video? I have no idea what he was blathering on about.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zain posted:

Man, WTF was Colin taking in this video? I have no idea what he was blathering on about.

I believe he didn't want to be hacked over the internet.

And our journey through this inexplicable dungeon continues.

61: Fire Guardian

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT3P8XbGLQQ&t=40s

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Deeper into this dungeon, the battles are becoming a major threat. And Numbers defends the indefensible.

Episode 62: Hydra

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Doublepost never stop this posting until this game is finally done.

63: The Neverending Story

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, at least there is an accessible healing point, I didn't like your chances of getting through the whole thing with Atsuma at 0 VP.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Polsy posted:

Well, at least there is an accessible healing point, I didn't like your chances of getting through the whole thing with Atsuma at 0 VP.

Yeah, that is pretty necessary. Though even with that, I'm down on the possibility of actually getting through this dungeon.

64: Things Fall Apart

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If you want to be labeled as a quitter for all eternity, I will permit you to quit the dungeon.

But that's going on your tombstone.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

If you want to be labeled as a quitter for all eternity, I will permit you to quit the dungeon.

But that's going on your tombstone.

If I get brick-walled, there is basically no chance that I'll do the piles of grinding necessary to get enough HP. Hell, I've even capped a bunch of offensive stats. Though I will start dumping all of my spare points into agility so maybe I can start going first again.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
So last time I just had to run past the entire 8th floor, but I want that stuff. I want it bad (I probably won't use it)

65: Once More Unto the Breach

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I can't believe you only talked about random stuff for the last few minutes. I was impressed.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
What's at the bottom/top of this dungeon? The place seems really obnoxious and I don't think the prize is worth it, guys.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 25, 2016

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We don't know! We're trying to find out, unless Istvun decides to be a quitter.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

We don't know! We're trying to find out, unless Istvun decides to be a quitter.

Then I changed my mind, I hope you trudge through, let's find out together.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
I hate this dungeon and you jerks are gonna make me grind, aren't you?

Episode 66: I'm Running Out of Names Here

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, I was out of the swing of things for a while due to life piling up unexpectedly, but screw that dungeon let's go have fun instead.

67: What if we just beat the game?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Istvun posted:

Ok, I was out of the swing of things for a while due to life piling up unexpectedly, but screw that dungeon let's go have fun instead.

67: What if we just beat the game?

I can respect this decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Polsy posted:

I can respect this decision

Seconded ed ed

• Locked thread