Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
There seems to be some fighting game players here, so I thought it would be cool to have a fighting game tournament just for fun. No rewards for wining and no punishment for losing.

The matches would take place in FightCade, which is free and supports many games, so more people would be able to play.

The game will be Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Now we just need to decide on a good date for the tournament. I'm thinking of April 12, around 18:00 PST (use a time zone converter to know the time in your location).

What do you guys think? Is that good?

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is Guilty Gear x2 on there?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

No Guilty Gear, unfortunately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frog Act posted:

No, it's only on there once.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Frog Act posted:

there was a PC version of reload that at one point had pretty solid online, but idk if it's still a thing

apparently people used some weird emulator hacks to play AC with netplay too

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
here's all the tournaments we've run before http://goons.challonge.com/

there's a bunch of rules and poo poo you can re-use

good luck bc goons loving suck at showing up to touraaentments

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i am the master of online fighting games

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

interrodactyl posted:

here's all the tournaments we've run before http://goons.challonge.com/

there's a bunch of rules and poo poo you can re-use

good luck bc goons loving suck at showing up to touraaentments

Thanks, didn't know about those.

Hopefully we can get a few members to participate.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

All Tizoc, Low TOP bar, Garou Mark of the Wolves.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
You also have to think of a new acronym for Fightcade stuff because goons gaming poorly online doesn't work anymore

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
There's no Smash Bros. For Wii U on that list so I assume the person that made it is a huge idiot retard

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mach2 posted:

There's no Smash Bros. For Wii U on that list so I assume the person that made it is a huge idiot retard

jesus christ

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i like 3rd strike

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Really though, I would play Garou. Khushnood Butt coming through.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'd throw down like crazy on Street Fighter III or King of Fighters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mach2 posted:

what

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

jesus christ

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You can't roll with punches nobody throws, that's just flinging yourself to the floor and spazzing out while everyone stares.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can't roll with punches nobody throws, that's just flinging yourself to the floor and spazzing out while everyone stares.

Soral
May 30, 2009

to answer your question, op, i Would not be interested in an Imp Zone fighting game tournament. hope this helps you.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Evil Eagle posted:

All Tizoc, Low TOP bar, Garou Mark of the Wolves.

This guy knows whats up.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would be interested in an imp zone fighting game tournament, even though i am bad and havent played any of the games in the op

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I only play Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll gladly have my rear end whupped by people who actually play fighting games if you help me set up my fight stick to work on windows 8.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'll start the wiki

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I only really play street fighter 4 but I'm down to play anything as long as there is some time to at least learn how to play a bit before the tournament. Actually there is this slight problem, people that play a single game a lot will probably wipe the floor with the others, we have to remember to not take this seriously at all.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i play no fighting games but am relatively interested in who is the best at them

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i want to watch the stream.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

program666 posted:

I only really play street fighter 4 but I'm down to play anything as long as there is some time to at least learn how to play a bit before the tournament. Actually there is this slight problem, people that play a single game a lot will probably wipe the floor with the others, we have to remember to not take this seriously at all.

i dont agree with this. i want my rear end to be destroyed

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
what I mean is the contrary, people will inevitably choose their main on a given game if possible, and it would only be fun for him to give it their best, and we kind of have to accept that.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
im terrible at fighting games lets do this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Marvel cersus Capcom 2 available on "Fightcade"?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apologies, I meant to say versus.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
I am complete garbage at all fighting games - except 3rd strike which I am merely bad at, so I would be interested in possibly playing that.

Street Fighter 2 could also be interesting as long as no one shows up with any tech and it's a bunch of people playing from the heart.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, only mvc1 one

basically, if it was made after '99 and isn't an snk game, it isn't available on fightcade

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

no, only mvc1 one

basically, if it was made after '99 and isn't an snk game, it isn't available on fightcade

Darn.

Drachenreiter
May 6, 2007

I want you to stick that green spotted egg up my ass so I can incubate it
Heck to the yeah, OP! I'll bring the Kool-Aid and 40s.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I'm in for Garou. I'm not just picking this because I've recently spent many hours of my life getting beat up by Hotaru's blue balls and powerhump super

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
(said grimly) Bustahh Worlf.

• Locked thread