Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Web Planet isn't great, but I really appreciate how hard they tried to make something really weird and different on basically no budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

My memory of Deep Breath is inextricable from my memory of being in the Six outfit and meeting Peter Capaldi and being with hundreds of nerds in an excited theater, so maybe my judgement is skewed... but I doubt it.

Yeah, my memory of it is tied to this same event. I was most star struck by seeing Lindalee though since I never got anywhere near Capaldi though.

I can still recognize that the first half of the episode blows though.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

qntm posted:

So, how many people in the world are there who have genuinely seen all of Doctor Who? Including all of the now-missing episodes? I'm going to say the figure's quite small.

Only one.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I've never seen Spaced, or any of the Cornetto movies, but Ghostbusters is a perfect movie so obviously it's better than any of them.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Spaced is a television programme!!!

I'm aware of this, and apologize if my wording made it seem otherwise.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I wonder how often William Atherton has to say "No, you don't understand! I'm an actor! It was my character who had no dick!"

I think he mentioned in the bonus features for the DVD or Blu-Ray release that (unsurprisingly) people always come up to him in the street and address him as "Dickless."

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Timby posted:

Seriously. Steve Jobs had all the money in the world and access to literally the best medical care in the world and that only bought him like six years.

He also spent nearly a year trying to cure himself by changing his diet instead of actually taking advantage of that medical care, so who knows how things could've turned out.

Definitely very sad news though.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I DID IT

I "LET ZYGONS BE BYGONES"-D HIM

LET'S SEE HOW HE REACTS

This has really been a big weekend for you in that thread.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Tomtrek posted:

That's... quite a lot! Mixing old Doctors with new series enemies is really interesting. It seems like they're basically being allowed to play with anything that isn't a new series Doctor at this point.

Maybe they can use new Doctors now, but none of the actors are willing to do it yet. It could just be too soon for Tennant or especially Matt Smith. And we know Eccleston is unlikely to ever want to do it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

She has pictures of all his faces, but I don't think she ever said she saw them all personally.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

All Masters involved must simultaneously betray each other.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Didn't read past here, but definitely buying this one.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Here's a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_1Yu50qSyE

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Lego games are great, but for some reason I hadn't been paying any attention to this, and now it's instantly rocketed up to the top of my most wanted list (and not just because of Doctor Who).

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It can be done, but you gotta play around with the background image a bit and cut out as many excess frame changes as possible.

This is bringing back bad memories to the time I spent trying to get my current avatar down to size.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

On the controversial opinions topic: neither Pertwee or McCoy has ever really done it for me.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Which one is Idris Elba?

Idris Elba.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

If you ever have to ask,"Did I just imagine Doctor Who doing this really weird thing once?" the answer is generally,"No." :)

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Beeez posted:

I'm a Doctor Who noob who was convinced by a friend to watch it a little while ago, just finished the David Tennant/Russell T. Davies era. I wasn't sure if I should continue on since I'd heard such mixed things about the Moffat years, but after looking over some of Jerusalem's reviews(not a knock against anyone else, just don't have time to go through this whole thread), I guess if a hardcore fan likes them more than the Davies stuff overall, I should give them a chance, as I do really like Steve Moffat's writing usually. Though I guess I'm at odds with a lot of big fans' opinions already, as I actually kind of enjoyed the Rose/Doctor pseudo-romance despite the fact that I hate shipping generally, and I did perceive it as being reciprocal in a way, with the Doctor simply realizing he could never get involved in something like that for real because he's an over 900 year old alien who may never die of old age at all. Also, I loved the flamboyant craziness of the John Simm Master, but maybe that's because my "Doctor Who" equivalent as an American growing up were Batman cartoons and movies, where the villains are all incredibly flamboyant. But whatever the reason, seeing John Simm chew the scenery like a motherfucker was great.

Even Moffat's detractors generally agree that his first season running the show was amazing, so you absolutely should keep going. It's only from season six on that opinions became more mixed.

And FYI, liking the Ten/Rose stuff may put you in the minority in this thread, but probably not in the minority of fandom in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

Finished Enemy of the World. I honestly did not know I had such a good Who story waiting for me. I figured I had gone through most of the wheat of the classic series but boy was I wrong. I love it when the Doctor has to go up against humans, makes the stories feel so much more grounded and exciting. Troughton was and remains the most talented man to ever grace that show (in my humble opinion).

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one. It was great seeing Troughton play a villain.

I get the impression that the reconstructions didn't really do this one justice. It seems like it didn't get talked about as a good one until people were able to see the real thing.

• Locked thread