Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Wheat Loaf posted:

The movie also has one of the best DVD commentary tracks (the one with McGann, McCoy and Nick Briggs).

I'll have to track it down it then.

Is Anyone familiar with the revisitations boxed sets? Are they anything good? First one seems to include the McGann movie special edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
And if you like a Thousand Tiny Wings, it would be criminal not to continue with its followup episodes: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST & THE ARCHITECTS OF HISTORY.

Edit: Chronologically UNIT: DOMINION would go after them.

On Mastermind front, LIVE 34 and RED are very good 7th Doctor stories.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 8, 2015

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

surc posted:

I'm disappointed in all of you. Charles Dance should play The Doctor, not The Master! :colbert:

No no no! Doctor should clearly regenerate into Maisie Williams and Charles Dance should be her companion.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I only have the Wikipedia list of the Big Finish audios open. :smug:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Where are they from? Unless I've missed something, my digital versions don't have those.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Knowing that she's a companion and then having her be offed (twice!) would be a proper kick in the balls. :getin:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Hell yeah!

The Synopsis:

Captain Jack [REDACTED] has always had his suspicions about [REDACTED]. And
now [REDACTED] is also [REDACTED] about [REDACTED] . Apparently the world
really is under the control of [REDACTED] . That's what [REDACTED] says.
[REDACTED] have died, disasters have been [REDACTED] , the [REDACTED] have
disappeared.
It's outrageous. Only [REDACTED] knows that [REDACTED] is right.
[REDACTED] has arrived.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

What's up with Gallifrey season 1-3 being CD only?
I wouldn't mind listening for more Leela, but I don't want CD-clutter either.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Um... They didn't use the rape-word, but the storyline ended, when Owen realized he was doing something really hosed up. (And thus he raped no more. Yay!)
The whole theme of the episode was that everyone in the team was abusing Torchwood assets/alien tech for their personal gain, until plucky newbie Gwen called them on it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I read it more like that they had all started the same road as Dr Suzie "Mengele" Costello, treating outsiders as things instead of people.

@Bicyclops: True. It doesn't help that Owens deeds are closer to a Real world bad, instead of a more comfortable Fantasy bad that this episodes villain does with her Murder-experimentations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I never understood the fascination with Singles. Even if I liked the song, what I was going to do with just one? Put in on a loop?

At least albums had ~1 hour of entertainment.

Top Selling Album in Finland when I graduated from High School:
Nightwish - Wishmaster

Top Selling Album when Rose was shown here for the first time in September 2006:
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death :rock:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

The Doctor based collections sound good. Easier to skip the fifth and go straight for Six and Seventh doctor stuff.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Jsor posted:

Didn't River say she went and met all of his prior incarnations anyway? I recall some line where she said she met all of them, but did something to make them forget about it.

(E: Of course, this directly contradicts her telling 10 that his eyes are "the youngest she's ever seen them" but I swear I remember this)

"Rule one: the Doctor lies. So Do I. All the time. Have to. Spoilers." -River the :smug: Song

edit: Also and this is little far fetched, but maybe the 8th Doctor develops an AMNESIA about River Song.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 27, 2015

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Her earlier build-up was bit lacking, but she really steals the show in the finale.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

The Great Intelligence was a goddamn hero for trying to erase the Classic Doctor Who!

Burn it with fire!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm terrified that it'll be bad :smith:

I've built up a "final story" for Six for so long in my head. Last words, last deeds...

It won't be the same.

It's here!

edit: Just Chronologically last. I believe they said it will have the regeneration to 7th Doctor.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I liked it. I liked it enough that I'm watching Time and the Rani now.

It's... It's not that bad. Definitely not the 2nd worst story ever.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

https://soundcloud.com/big-finish/torchwood-theme-2015/s-PQZ7p

The 21st century is when everything changes. :dance:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Already enjoyed the theme more than I did the show!

Oh drat, that releases today.

I'm re-watching the Miracle Day for preparation.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Monthly, 4th doctor, 8th doctor and a generic others-category should be enough.
If someone wants more, he can :getin: and ask the resident goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

After The War posted:

Maybe combine the narrative-based ones (Companion Chronicles, Early Adventures) and mention them since their odd format needs a little explanation.

That would probably fit in as part of the description.

Something like:

Other stories:
Big Finish publishes 50+ Doctor Who stories each year. From narrative-based stories (Companion Chronicles, Early Adventures),
to series based on small side characters from the classic series (Jago & Litefoot, UNIT, Dalek Empire, somethingelse)
or Doctor Who books (Bernice Summerfield).

And So on. I'm not that familiar with non-doctor series.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 10, 2015

• Locked thread