Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's like, third best for Christmas Specials. There's only been three good Christmas Specials, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

I was expecting them to go with a time-displaced jurrasic forest or whatever. Nope just Gaia theory bullshit delivered in the worst possible way.

"The planet's dyin' Clara!"

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

What are the other two, Christmas Invasion and?

Actually I hate Christmas Invasion with a passion. My list would go A Christmas Carol, Last Christmas, and The Snowmen.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was actually a little sad about the fake-out, because Clara turning out to be old and enjoying her last Christmas with the Doctor really would've been a great ending for her. Not to say she's been a bad companion, just that it would've been a really good surprise ending on its own. I did like the Doctor muttering on about how he can't tell if she's old or not :allears:.

You can thank Jenna Coleman for changing her mind about leaving at the very last second for that fake-out.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

NarkyBark posted:

I think everyone forgot Nightmare in Silver on purpose.

Which is all the more disappointing because there was so much hype going into it. Gaiman, Warwick Davis, and revamped Cybermen should have been an easy slam dunk.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Love and Monsters is pure "I don't give a gently caress anymore" insanity and is awesome for it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Bicyclops posted:

The guy who wrote the Mummy episode is writing another one for the upcoming series, and I am pretty excited about that.

He's confirmed, but so is Peter Harness for two episodes. :ohdear:

For the record, I loved Kill The Moon, doofy science aside.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Gaz-L posted:

And also Bob Holmes wrote some episodes as well.

And you saw where that got him.

Dead.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

CaptainYesterday posted:

"SOS" by Rihanna, which heavily samples "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell, which is featured in the Doctor Who episode The End of the World. Boom, two degrees of separation.

Apparently we graduated high school the same week, because it's SOS for me too. But I lived under a rock back then, and hadn't even heard the song itself until months later in college.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
So I'm almost done with my Series 8 rewatch and holy crap, I'm reminded of how loving bad In The Forest of the Night is. And not even for the weird "meds are evil" argument. It's just so poorly structured, scripted, and directed that it seems like it was improvised and thrown together at the last minute and rushed out the door. Were they paying too much attention to the finale to check up on the production team on this episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Gene Dango MD posted:

The Enemy of the World is really good. Salamander may be my favorite Who villian.

I like how that serial went from kinda one of the lesser talked about ones to getting such high praise once it was rediscovered. It's really, really good and shows how loving talented Troughton was.

• Locked thread