Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Goodbye, wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

CobiWann posted:

So...this is my first Who convention and I am NOT prepared for this. So many utili-kilts...so many fezzes...

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Ben Soosneb posted:

He's only 81, we're all good for a bit.

Look what you're doing here, man.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Well, this is a conundrum. McCoy will be at a convention nearby (Marlborough, MA) this weekend. However, as cool as it would be to meet him, I really don't enjoy conventions at all and this one looks especially weird as a solid 50% of the convention lineup is washed-up wrestlers.

Mostly this post is to poke BosGoons in the arm and say, "hey, you guys should go to this," I guess.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It's completely crazy to me, too, but at least it's not actually running on Monday., That would be completely ridiculous.

It doesn't look all that great, aside from McCoy. Last year they apparently had Adam West and Burt Ward, which is somehow amusing and depressing at the same time. With all those wrestlers there, I just hope Virgil is somewhere off on the sidelines desperately trying to hawk photos of himself.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

The first two are pretty common and the third was just for the rule of threes. :v: The number of episodes of science fiction or fantasy shows where some writer goes "Maybe rape... has a gray area?" and they paint that grey by taking easily comparable real-world scenarios and replacing a few words with "alien" or "magic" is frankly astounding.

The third one was actually depressingly close to a truly terrible comic book made by the guy who wrote Wanted and Kick-rear end.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah, although apparently I suppressed a lot of memories of that book and it's just that he's rigged someone's womb to collapse after forcibly artificially impregnating her with her brother's sperm. It's about the same caliber of writing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh god I can hear it in his own voice

• Locked thread