Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jerusalem posted:

Night of the Doctor

This is going to sound weird, but this short is why I decided to try watching Doctor Who. The only movie/TV website I trust/respect (Dark Horizons) posted this video and freaked the gently caress out about it. Like, lost their minds over it. So I watched it, and thought it was funny, yet dark and serious. Because of this, I started reading into the 50th. I loved the idea that a series existed that had this level of passion. And rewarded fans in the way this video did. So I figured I'd try the first episode of the most recent Doctor (at the time), Matt Smith. After watching Eleventh Hour, I was a lost cause.

So the absolute least you can say about this video is that it added one fan. Good on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I have a question about Time Lords. In Classic Who, when he ran into other Time Lords, was it through various times in each other's history? Would he meet the Master, who had memories of run ins that the Doctor hadn't actually done yet? When he went back to Gallifrey, was it some how removed from time and they always, say, aged at the same rate? Or, wait, actually never mind, that's not possible after the 50th.

The concept of the Time War confuses me. How did only the War Doctor experience it, if it was happening at all times?

"Shut up and don't over think it," is a perfectly valid answer, by the way.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Bicyclops posted:

It's "Time locked." I think that you're only capable of visiting Gallifrey in their "current" time.

So, like, if 2 Doctors ever decide to go to Gallifrey, they're going to be there at the same time whether they like it or not?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I can't wait for Toxx to get to the next few episodes (mainly the 50th). Stupid E3.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gaz-L posted:

NOT UNTIL SHE APOLOGISES.

Bad news...well, not exactly bad news...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Having read the Toxx thread's write up of Time of the Doctor, I found myself wanting to rewatch some 12th Doctor episodes, and am quite annoyed that they're still not on Netflix. When do they usually show up? Shortly before the new season?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Doctor Who Season 8 is being added to Netflix August 8th.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Series 9 trailer is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0csVdLbDMO4

I guess they didn't mean 7PM for me (East Coast of America).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

IceAgeComing posted:

shock as british television programme uses british summer time to release trailers

I'm not saying I wasn't dumb for not thinking of it. I was just surprised when I saw it, after seeing the 7PM message. It was a real, "Oh, right, duh" moment.

• Locked thread