Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2
Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 4 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!

"It would," I say in agreement. "Avenging, righting wrongs, it's really you, Mara. Slaying monsters," I add, and my voice slide sto a mutter. Slaying monsters. Um....well I hope not that, but have I said too much. "I dunno," I say, shrugging, and looking vaguely towards Joe. "Do angels /need/ the wings or are they just for show? And would you have, like, seven heads? You wouldn't be able to find shirts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4| XP 2| Conditions:

Under normal circumstances, Orchid would butter Rita up with some well placed flirting to get her to drop the price. As it was however, it almost felt awkward to do that with Summer around given her very clear opinion on cheating so she kept things nice and civil. "If the poo poo is worth it of course." She dropped her voice low, glancing over at Summer. "I'm trying to get my friend here into it. Brownies sound good for sampling." She gave Rita a wink. It wouldn't be the first time the two of them collaborated to change someone's opinion on the bud. "She's in track, wasn't a fan of the idea of smoking messing with her lungs, can't blame her."

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:3, Harm 0, Conditions: Terrified.

"Angels could wear backless dresses?" I shrug with a grin. "Of course it means all the male angels would have to cross-dress." There's a bit of choking from Joe at that one. "But I'm fairly sure the Beast from the Sea isn't an angel. And I've never quite got the slaying monsters thing." Especially not if I might be one. Or at least might be seen as one. "Isn't there greater rejoycing in heaven for one sinner than the saved? If so, how much more for one monster?" Probably not the way Dad would preach that verse. But who cares?

There's a moment of silence, and Beth and Jo both seem to be thinking of something.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"Or like, halters," I add. It's sort of a random thought and I adds, "Then they'd just be like superheroes, though. Be confusing." Did I miss something. "Beast from the sea?" I ask, confused. I look at Mara for a minute, then look away before she can really make eye contact.

"Unless you just stone them to death," I say. I...probably should not have said that.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

What is with her eyes? And not meeting mine?

"The seven heads is the Beast from the Sea from Revelation. Otherwise known as the book where John the Divine got at the really good stuff and we read what he wrote down rather than his recipies." There's a slightly shocked gasp from Beth and some giggling from Kristen and, although he'd never admit it, Joe. There are also a lot of groups I wouldn't say anything like that in. "And you can only stone people if you're without sin yourself." I shrug.

And Beth starts to shyly say something. "Mara? If they throw you out on Monday I'm leaving too." That's a surprise. Jo's the leader here. Although I am aware of Beth's crush - but don't think this is that.

I smile. "Think it over. Don't leave until Tuesday morning unless there's a mass walkout. And don't try to stand up for me on Monday unless others do." My smile is wicked and Jo's eyes widen. She doesn't have a clue what I've got planned for Monday and I'm not going to tell her. But she knows I'm up to something and unless I'm going to be there for ever it's going to go down in flames. It's ... liberating planning when winning isn't on the cards. And I think Joe's going to realise over the weekend he should video the whole thing.

The question is whether Amy will catch the smile and what it means. I think so. She's seen it a couple of times before. And the one thing I'm not going to do on Monday is play the repentant sinner. I have nothing to apologise for.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Scene 2 Continued:

Mara: You do have to sit down eventually, where do you end up, and why is it absolutely perfect?

Amy: Grace is giving you pouty looks from up on the bleachers.

from Grace posted:

hey ditch the holier than thou's already and come have fun w/me!

Mara's group has been way more interesting to talk to though, and they aren't linking you wiki pages with Medusa on them. Who do you decide to ditch?

Antony: You watch Anna's face as she reads her phone. She looks confused, then bites her lip and looks around the bleachers. She doesn't spot Tina, (you did, way up in the back corner) so as far as you can tell she thinks the text is legit. She stands up and starts scooting towards the end of the row, and motioning her little herd of followers to stay put. Only once she's sure she's alone does she vanish into the stairwell. The coast is clear, do you give the order?

Connor: The symbols don't seem to stay still as you watch them. The writhe around under your knife, making it difficult to cut straight lines. You can only hear vague whispers, as if someone's behind you but there's no one there. Effigy, Sacrifice, Fire, Birth... It's... definitely not what you expected, but somehow that just makes it worse.

When you get up to the roof, you are surprised to see that you aren't the only one up there. There's a couple band geeks with what looks like a t-shirt cannon. Making out. They don't notice you yet. What do you do?

From Johanna posted:

I got your invite if you can bring the mood, right? ;)

------MEANWHILE------

Orchid: Rita blows you a kiss and takes off, leaving you alone with Summer. When you look at the sample Rita gave you there's a piece of tape on it that just says: "Magic" What's weird looking about it? Do you want to try it yourself or share it with Summer? Well, in any case, there's nothing else to do here. Where do you go now?

Summer: You're kind of tired, do you want to go home? It doesn't look like Orchid noticed you left your cross in the van... do you take it back or do you leave it for her?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm 1/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions:

Since I'm feeling a little tired, we went back inside Orchid's van after she said goodbye to her friend. Sprawling out on one of the beanbags, I murmur appreciatively at the softness. I wish she had a house, and not just this van, but I'm glad she can sleep comfortably in it at least.

It being dark in this van is helping with my headache some, but the smell's not. If I could go home, that'd be one thing - but my parents are going to be really worried if I show up in the middle of the day. So I don't want to go home until after track practice, at least. Maybe I can just nap here? Maybe Orchid will take another nap next to me?

No, that'd be rude. Plus, if we lay down again... she'll probably want to have sex."So, uh, Orchid..." For a fleeting second I have the bravery to tell her about something about sex having hurt me, but it's gone just as quick when I see the way she smiles at me. No, no until I'm sure.

"Uh, wanna go grab milkshakes, and go on a walk somewhere... or, something, it doesn't have to be that..." If we're out in public, there's no chance of us making out, so nothing that comes after that either. And I'm kinda thirsty, maybe that'll help my headache?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

Mara's sort of been yammering and I'm not quite sure I got it all. Too much Jesus, I missed something, in there, I think. Did I? Mara's up to something, amping her usual drama to 11. She used to be so neat about separating her worlds and now she's...what, blowing it all up? God, I've got to get that girl alone sometime.

My phone dings. Grace. Huh. I look up at her and raise a finger. It's weird. I like Grace a bunch. We go way back, and...she's into me, or at least the freaky monster poo poo I can do. Can't say the same of Mara. Shouldn't I want to be with Grace? She knows my secret...or suspects. Knows more than Mara, at least. Yet I can't deny Mara's more compelling. I only got it on with Grace because she was....hell, she was there. Which I know is a horribly lovely way to treat a friend, and I guess makes me horrible and lovely. Can I just have them both? Maybe Mara and Grace would like each other!

That's...probably not going to happen. Ever. Especially not with Grace's take on them. Or them on her, I'd guess.

Here goes my attempt at threading the needle. As Mara and the group starts to move to seats, I say, "Hey, Grace should come join us."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 2 | Conditions:

I watch Anna go, calculating the moral arithmetic. All around me, I can feel the Collective's uncertainty and boredom, as well as Ashley's righteous rage. Above me, I can feel Mandy and Efren's absolutely predictable emotions. Sigh. I look down at my phone: what I am about to do is bad, but it is less bad than my last plan. So that makes it, basically, good, right? Right.

I give Anna a minute or two, while the pep rally starts winding up, just so that it doesn't look like I'm chasing after her. Just long enough for her to wonder where Tina is. Then I slide off the bleachers, saying something about needing to hit the bathroom, and go after her. She's at the bottom the the stairwell, right where I told her to be, pacing back and forth with her arms hugged tight to her stomach. When she sees me, she looks shocked, and afraid.

I sit down on the top step and hold up my phone, showing her the picture of her and Tina. She starts to say something and I cut her off. "Personally" I tell her, "I don't actually care. Hell, I admire your courage in going that far, considering your situation. It's not like I don't know how hard it is to keep a secret or, frankly, to be attracted to someone it's damned awkward being attracted to." I give her a bitter smile. "So I want you to believe me when I tell you that, on any other day, I'd delete the photo and let things lie. But you had to go and piss off Ashley."

"See, I know Ashley can be..." borderline psychotic "...a pain sometimes. A teensy bit, shall we say, brittle. But she's only that way because people like you made her that way. Because you can hide gay, but you can't hide fat. And because, even when she stopped being fat, you keep shoving her back in her box. That kind of thing would make anyone snap." I hold up the phone, touching a button. "So here is the deal: I, personally, would never out someone. It's not really my thing. So the deal I'm going to make is this: I will delete this pic and never mention it again if you call and apologize to Ashley. AND you have to be nice to her, in public. Where your friends can see." I hold up a finger. "If you don't, I'm going to send her the pic, where she can do with the information whatever she wants."

"Ask yourself," I say. "Who's nicer? Her, or me?"

Manipulate An NPC posted:

19:41 OKShark I want to roll in Texashearts, but i am afraid of failure
19:42 Roland_Jones Failure is a chance for drama. Roll all the dice.
19:42 Roland_Jones Make everyone roll.
19:42 Roland_Jones The more failures the better.
19:42 OKShark Yeah, fair enough
19:42 OKShark !roll 2d6+2
19:42 Krysmbot OKShark, 4+2 = 6
19:43 OKShark this is your fault

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I know exactly where we want to sit. Because I know exactly where the power cables run. And which chair will have the extension cord with the switch under it that I can "accidentally" tread on if I want to take down the sound system they are using. It's fairly near the front and gives me a good sight of the roof window (and I do not notice people on the roof of course even if I'm fairly sure I can see a shadow on the window - not that anyone else would look in the right direction or I do more than glance up). It's a good position to both see and be seen from - but even better to play games from just by shifting my weight.

"Sure." I smile at Amy. "You're going to invite her?" I don't think she likes me very much. I don't think she knows me at all, but what is a cover there for other than judging a book?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Harm 0/4 | XP 5 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!

"Yeah," I say. I did ask if it was okay, why wouldn't it? I quickly text back to Grace.

From Amy posted:

They're not so bad. Would you rather be alone? Come join us!

As soon as I see Grace has the text, I look up towards the bleachers and wave an arm.

Manipulate Grace: 2d6-1 7
Qualified success, what's it take, Mistaya?
Marking XP

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 15, 2015

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid
Harm 0/4| XP 3| Conditions:

Orchid heads back to the van to stash her delicious new acquisition, looking over to Summer and smirking. "Milkshakes?" She couldn't actually remember the last time she had a milkshake now that she thought of it, and in the mind of a perpetual stoner such a thing sounded like Gods gift to mankind. "gently caress yeah we can get some milkshakes." She set the brownies in a temptingly open area and promptly went about forgetting they existed for the time being.

She thought Summer looked off for a second and raised an eyebrow, seeming like she was about to ask something before apparently thinking better of it. "You look a little tired, did I wear out little miss track star so quickly?" Didn't want to outright say 'bro you look hosed up' after all, might be rude. She put the van in gear and started heading off to the nearest Sonic, figuring it to be as good a place as any to get delicious frozen treats. Besides, they let you chill in the drive in lot and nom, and you could always order more. It was one of her primo in-town hangout spots when she was getting her munch on. Hopefully it'd even be a nice calm visit!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Haha, uh, yeah..." Having moved up to join Orchid in the front of the van, I’m giving her a tired grin. “That, uh, involved… different exercise than I’m, uh, used to.”

Inspecting my appearance in her side view mirror, she’s totally correct. I don’t just look tired, I’m downright disheveled. Hair all askew, face flushed, and I can’t tell but I think there’s a mark on my neck, will need to check when we stop at Sonic. Fiddling with my hair for a minute proves pointless, so I look at Orchid's bemused expression and just shrug my shoulders at her. Right now, I look like what I'm going to look like until I get a chance to change - probably need to take a shower, too.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have my practice outfit. Wonder if Orchid would like me in short shorts?

As we drive down the county roads towards Sonic, I roll my window down, letting the wind and warm flow over me. It feels refreshing, which is basically exactly what I need. Well, that and an Advil or three and maybe a nap. It’s cool that she liked my idea – milkshakes do sound great – and the cool thing is you can actually buy them down here. They effectively didn't exist in Delta Junction – unless I made one at home anyways, and they’re not as good when you make them yourself - so that was almost an entire year without them.

“Orchid, since you’re driving us everywhere, could I, uh, get your milkshake for you?” I wanna do something nice for her, that doesn't involve It.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 16, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hot: -1 / Cold: -1 / Volatile: +2 / Dark: +1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4 | Conditions: Loser, Drained

Jesus. I push past the knot in my stomach and etch the final runes, brushing bone dust off myself as I get to my feet. I remember Paimon telling me it 'wasn't mine to ask', once -- maybe this is why? It's not like I'm not gonna do this poo poo anyway, and the less I know, the less I have to say if it gets traced back to me. gently caress. Well, whatever. It's not like I really get it, and what's done is done. I take the stairs two at a time, but open the door more cautiously -- getting caught lugging a skeleton around would be loving weird, okay.

And apparently that was a risk I was running, 'cause who should be up here but a couple of band nerds having some 'clandestine' makeouts. Sheesh. This is what I gotta deal with? They have what looks like an air gun parked off to the side of 'em -- I guess they got some plans of their own, but they're a bit less grandiose than what Mara dropped me. I secret the skeleton away behind some of the air duct poo poo on the roof (like i said, loving weird) before making myself known, though probably not in the most socially graceful way possible.

"I mean, that's one way to pass the time, I guess..."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Scene 2 Continued:

Mara: The anticipation is killing you here, and it's way too noisy for anyone to notice you doing anything in particular. But it's not chaotic, it doesn't make you FEEL things like being the bloody center of attention did earlier. Everything's too ordered, too neat. People cheer when they're told, they clap when they're told, like little soldier ants. It's disgusting. What do you do to bring a little chaos to the room?

Amy: Grace looks skeptically at the group but eventually decides being alone is boring and scoots in next to you. "You owe me some talk time after this." she mutters as she sits down, trying to smile at the other 'Jesus Freaks' who seem nice enough but really aren't her kind of people. She looks at your clothes as if she just noticed them. "Where'd you get THAT outfit?" she asks, but then she blushes. "It's... you look nice." What do you do?

Antony: "THAT's what you think you have on me? A joke picture with my friend from the mall? I'm not a lesbian, Tony. Ask half the football team." Anna crosses her arms and glares at you. "I came down here because I thought someone was bothering Tina again. Total assholes like to write stuff on her locker or stick gross poo poo in her backpack. They treat her like she's some kind of freak. You know who's a freak? Ashley, and her magic surgery or whatever happened to her this summer. Do you really think skinny jeans are the only reason my friends get to sit at my end of the table? We're better than her, and we're better than you and your little freak-club. So yeah, send it to her. I'm not afraid of her, or ANY of you. You can't touch me." She starts walking up the stairs past you. Do you stop her? What do you say?

Connor: The band geeks sit up and stare at you- perfectly in sync with each other which is just freaky, as if they're aliens or something. "Hey, private party rear end in a top hat." The guy says. "Wait a sec." The girl says, resting her hand on the guy's shoulder. "Tell us why you're up here and maybe we'll just pretend we didn't see each other."

------MEANWHILE------

Summer: Sonic is still busy from the lunch rush so you don't notice your mom's car parked in one of the slots- (she works around the corner from here.) But she definitely notices you when you sit down at a picnic table to share milkshakes with Orchid, and she is NOT happy about it. "Summer! What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in class!" Oh no! What do you say?!

Orchid: Uh oh, trouble. Do you defend Summer or let her handle her mom by herself?

------

Antony, Connor, you're both clear to interrupt the pep rally whenever it feels appropriate.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid
Harm 0/4| XP 4| Conditions:

Orchid is quite enjoying her milkshake, seeming as happy as a girl could be along with Summer. "Man I forgot how much I liked these things. Once she had ordered her food she made herself properly decent for being outside the van, going with a more comfortable outfit now that she wasn't having to conform to school dress code.

Much better. And then Summer's mom shows up. She had hardly been expecting parentals this soon, and she had to think quickly. She took her glasses off and fidgeted with them, wanting to keep her hands busy. Besides, she always felt more confident when she didn't look dorky with her glasses on.

Krysmbot ArbitraryTA, 2+3 = 5

Well, she was gonna have to wing it. "There was a chance Summer was going to get involved in a high profile incident at the school. I couldn't think of anything better and so we just kinda bailed to save her any problems." She rubbed the back of her head, trying to seem as well meaning as possible. "My name's Orchid by the way. Sorry, I take full responsibility for this."

mark xp for Hot

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 20, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh nonononono! I am definitely in trouble, this isn't how she was supposed to meet Orchid at all! Nothing's supposed to go wrong while you're drinking Mint Chocolate Chip, it should be a rule!

I can feel my mom glowering at me the whole time Orchid's explaining things to her. Acutely aware of the other patrons of the crowded restaurant watching us, let alone who knows how many in all the different cars, I can't bring myself to do anything but stare at Orchid (and her incredibly cute outfit, I definitely don't own anything like it). Oh god, this is so embarrassing. Mom's not used to having the moral high-ground on me, I'm not sure she'll know how to react.

After Orchid finishes, I meekly start in with my piece of our explanation. Best plan is to be totally honest with her, and just ask what I want. It's not like driving back to school right now's a practical plan, she'll see things my way. I hope. "Mom, please... we're on a, uh, well we're on a date, she's so nice to me... can I, can I just come home after track and, uh, be in trouble then? And talk about this? People were being so mean to me at school, I couldn't... we left."

Manipulate Mom: 2d6+2 8

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 20, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Pre-show jitters. I hate the waiting. Who doesn't? Of course I'm used to them and have a few things planned on Twitter to pass the time. But I've just been handed a feed line I can barely resist. And someone needs her preconceptions adjusted. The fun thing is that I can do it with pure truth. And nothing but truth. It's only confusion, not chaos. But I smile brightly. "Oh, it's mine. She needed a change of clothes, and that was what I had that would best match her style." Jo at least is going to be amused by that even if she is likely to leap to the wrong conclusion. The conclusion that it's one of the outfits I've won in one of our various morality plays is pretty obvious. Fallen woman -> virtuous woman (and why is virtuous so much less interesting every time? For that matter why is it so hard to find a party that measures up to their idea of a party?) But it should leave Grace's poor little head spinning.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Woah. I know couples can get weirdly in sync or whatever, but that was just --

Well, whatever.

"Why else would I be up here? I'm gonna crash the rally." My eyes flick to their air-gun. "Seems like y'all got the same idea, right? I won't get in your way if you don't get in mine."

~ I need this to work; if these assholes decide to gently caress everything up, what the hell am I gonna do about it? ~ I lean on Paimon to add an extra touch of charm to my voice. Hopefully we can all hold hands and sing kumbayah and make a drat mess of things in harmony. Right?

Tagging The Power Flows Through You; giving Paimon a string to add 2 to my roll.
Manipulate band nerds: 2d6-1 5 +2 7

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Harm 0/4 | XP 5 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!

I've just gotten a seat next to Mara and then Grace comes down and lands next to me, leaving me sandwiched. "There was a food fight and milk and..." then Mara interrupts me.

"Uh, you've met Mara?" I ask Grace, trying to be friendly. "Mara, this is Grace." I don't think they've ever hung out, outright, but it's likely Grace knows who Mara is. Who doesn't, the little moral drama queen. My hands tug and adjust at the hem of my all-too-short skirt. "Grace and I've been friends since we were little," I tell Mara. Grace is a bit too busy rubbing her eyes. "Nice of you," she tells Mara, with that carefully measured tone of disbelief she does too well.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Well, that plan was hosed,
I think, letting my phone fall into my lap as Anna dismantles my attempt at a semi-peaceful resolution. And she has to be a total bitch about it too.

"You aren't better than us," I start to say, "You're just more arrogant about..." And like that, she's striding past me for the door. I had this whole little speech prepared too; all "you aren't better than us, you just started out on top and stomp on anyone who tries to get any higher" and, "if you're so much better, why did I get your spot as field conductor?". Real rag-tag revenge of the nerds stuff. I thought it up this morning. But I never planned for total narcissism as an effective social defense.

gently caress! I close my eyes, find the edges of the empathic strings connecting me to the Collective, and PUSH. There's nothing subtle about it. I can't speak to them telepathically, because the Queen predates things like speech and words, but when I emote, they drat well feel it. Above me, a dozen band geeks shudder simultaneously and throw off the rhythm to "25 or 6 to 4" . And further above me, on the roof, Mandy and Efren flinch.

Shutting down Anna: 2d6+1 6 None of my plans are destined to come together.

----------------------

On the roof, Connor sees the two teens, in total unison, raise hands to their ears like they're standing next to a speaker that just gave off a feedback loop. And like someone flipped a switch, the girl flops herself down on the roof over the skylight while the boy starts loading the air-cannon, like they've been practicing the moves for months. Efren, the boy, looks straight at Connor while the girl, Mandy, takes aim on Mara and the Young Christian set.

"Whatever you're going to do," he tells Connor, "do it now."

----------------------

Back in the stairwell, to Anna's retreating back, I say, "You know what the difference between your group and my group is, Anna? When you hit rock bottom, we'll be there to catch you."

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 21, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What the gently caress is with these band nerds? But that's a question for another time, 'cause go time is now, according to the weirdly-synchronized pair of weirdos. "Sweet as," I tell 'em, shooting the pair a grin. "Gimme a minute and I'll hit the music. There'll be a song t' draw out Mayo -- should last, like, a minute'r two -- when it switches, do whatever you're gonna do."

I kick the door open and leap down the stairs, sprinting my rear end off towards the janitor's closet. My socks slid on the linoleum -- nearly fell on my face as I skidded to a stop, but you fuckin' bet I stuck that poo poo. I hosed up the A.V. room's lock, like Mara said, so this should honestly be pretty foolproof. Hook up the amp, hook up my playlist -- slightly altered, but to good effect, I think.

Even with the door closed behind me, I can still hear Taylor Swift blasating over the auditorium speakers. "She's not a saint, and she's not what you think -- she's an actress, woah..." Interesting choice of song by Mara, there, if a bit too pointed. Not like anyone'd guess, though.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: None

"We know each other. And it's always been a pleasure." No it hasn't. Grace and I aren't friends, and frankly I find her as judgemental as some of the worse of the Christian Association and without even their excuses. And we've been at the same school for years. Of course we know each other.

Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did.

I casually press my heel back on the power switch, cutting the mic before they've started organising a response. And idly wondering whether Connor's managed to rig a timer or whether I should have given him the timer plug I picked up from home. Running up and down can't be easy if he hasn't found a better way.

It doesn't take our beloved vice principal much attempted talking into the microphone to realise it's not working. Not much after the intro. I turn the switch back on after he drops the mic in disgust and starts to try out-shouting Taylor Swift. Meanwhile I'm enjoing the music and nerdily bopping along in my seat - and I'm far from the only Taylor Swift fan bopping along in here. And I see a couple of the guys twitch.

She underestimated just who she was stealing from

I hear a scream to my right, and glance that way. Joanne! Standing up, and covered in something - and giving everyone an eyeful. This wasn't in the plan. Not that I expected it to be. But it's hilarious. My eyes go straight to the skylight and I see what looks like Mandy. The obvious thing to do right now is tweet, of course.

quote:

Better than Revenge playing, not Pep Rally music! Joanne flour bombed! #WhoseRevenge #OdessaHigh #PeppedRally

She's an actress, whoa

I look up, having just sent my tweet, and glance at the skylight. My eyes meeting Mandy's, who is pointing a long tube straight at me. Only one thing to do. Sit right here and let it hit me while not letting on to anyone around me that I know what's coming.

Hold Steady: Mara:2D6+2 → 10( 6 +2) +2 (+1 for being in the service of complete chaos - and I'll clear terrified)

Our eyes meet just as she pulls the trigger. And I'm hit square in the chest by a horrible mix of flour and vinegar. I wrinkle my nose and give a loud "Eww!", sweeping as much of it off me with a sweep of my arm. Accidentally hitting Grace with a large flying gobbet of the goop. #Sorrynotsorry. (And yes, it was an accident). No point screaming - Joanna's making enough noise for both of us, and I think there's more shots coming.

I am, of course unaware of the conversation on the roof. Mandy saying "poo poo! Mara saw me!" And being told not to worry, but keep firing. Aiming to hit Taylor on the next Whoa (the one about being better known about things she does on the matress - she's been indiscreet). Sally-Jo isn't somewhere Mandy has a good firing arc. No one else has yet spotted where the flour bombs are coming from.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I can feel, by the pulsing of shock through the Collective, that the show has started in the gym. Leaning back, I close my eyes and latch onto Mandy's stream, reaching for her thoughts and senses. I don't want to miss this.

Using the Queen's Streaming move with Gaze into the Abyss: Gaze into Mandy's Abyss: 2d6+0 11 Sorry about rolling twice this "turn" Antony's been detached from the rest of the group for most of the game and I'd like him to get his hand in with Connor's stuff, even if it is second-hand. This way he can act directly through his minions. Plus, he wants to see his own handiwork. Since Antony has no conditions to cure, picking the first two options from the 10+ list.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 21, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Scene 2 Continued:

Mara: You've been slimed! Who else (from class) got hit that you weren't expecting? You're the center of attention for just a few more seconds, how do you play it?

Amy: Grace shrieks when Mara lobs slime in her direction. "HEY! Watch it you dumb bitch!!" That... might have been the last straw for Grace. She gets up and stomps down the bleachers, not even looking back at you.

(after Connor's stunt) Oh wow, and you helped him set that up! Are you afraid you might get in trouble?

Antony: Tapping into Mandy's senses is like pulling up a grainy youtube video of a phone-cam. You can hear and see, sort of, enough to understand the gleeful giggling as she aims the cannon directly at Mara's face. Funny, you didn't know Mandy had it out for Mara before. She's definitely making a big mess and enjoying it too. Efram wants to take a shot but she doesn't pass it to him until it's empty. It's disorienting, being above the crowd and below them at the same time. Mandy feels you tapping in as she gets up to leave. She's receptive right now, waiting for orders. What do you want her to do?

Connor: Officer Mayes took off for the A/V room (and the decoy you set up there) as soon as the music started, so he didn't even get to witness the Slime-cannon in all it's glory. Those band kids are vicious. But they have limited ammo. After one last round they both get up, grab the empty cannon, and book it. "Warmed them up for you," the girl said with a cheeky grin. "Remember! No one saw anyone!!"

Teachers are trying to herd those afflicted by slime out of the crowd, (especially poor Jo who is sobbing uncontrollably) but most people who didn't get hit with it are laughing or whistling. The students are excited, not scared. I mean, it's too funny right? But someone's totally getting suspended over this, for sure. And from the way people are starting to look up you had better get off the roof ASAP. How does it go down?

------MEANWHILE------

Orchid: "An incident?" Summer's mom gives you a look like she doubts you've ever taken responsibility for anything in your life. "And who was the cause of this incident?" She knows her daughter. Summer is a good girl, she doesn't start 'incidents.' YOU however look like an incident starter to her, and it won't be easy to convince her otherwise (especially since the brick thing and everything that came after it was in fact your fault.) Do you lie, tell the truth, or say nothing?

Summer's Mom takes a string on Orchid.

Summer: Your mom reaches for your hand. "Summer... I'm very disappointed in you. Now go get in the car, I've got time to take you home before I have to go back to work. You'll just have to miss track practice today." She glares at Orchid. "I don't think you were going to go back for it anyway." She seems to be ignoring the fact that you said you were on a date, at least for now. Do you go with her?

------

neonchameleon- just a note, try not to invent multiple same-name NPCs because I don't actually know which jo got floured here. Also, most NPC's I don't care but please, paws off Antony's gang. They're special.

OKS- you can have Mandy hang back to watch or help Connor if you want to, Efram's going to go plant the evidence though.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 5 | Conditions: Loser, Drained

I give the pair of band losers (though I might have to stop thinking of 'em like that, now) my sharpest mock-salute. "Y're doin' the Lord's work, guys," I say. A statement with about a million levels of irony, but who cares about that?

It's showtime, mo'fuckers! Now that I'm not being watched, I can get up to the best/worst bit of this poo poo. It takes longer'n I'd like to stuff the skeleton into the mascot suit but I get that poo poo done, and douse the whole thing in gas, being hella careful not to get any on myself. If I get burns on my clothes that'd make everything hella obvious -- gently caress that.

The song switches, replacing Taylor Swift with Ke$ha. "It's going down, I'm yellin' timber," she sings, and as though on cue I lower the Bronc(h)o down from above. The hard part is staying out of sight, but I find an angle where I can mostly manage it. Yeah, I think this'll be okay. I hear confused shouting from below as people notice the guy dangling from a well-tied noose. And I ain't even got started yet.

Song-switch again -- this is where poo poo gets real --

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
We don't need no water, let the motherfucker burn, burn, burn."

"Burn, motherfucker, burn," I agree, and toss down a lit match. Bronc(h)o's a big target -- I don't miss, but gas fumes probably would've done the job anyway. FWOOSH. Poor thing's engulfed in an inferno in an instant, and whatever they built that fucker outta seems like it's gonna endure the flames for a good long while. It's beautiful. It's art.

And the song switches, for good measure, Rihanna lamenting along with the rest of the school.

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn;
That's all right, because I like the way it hurts..."

And now is the time when I FUCKIN' BOOK IT.

Run away!: 2d6+2 11
Almost disappointed I succeeded. Marking XP for rolling Volatile. Taking Werewolf's Bare Your Fangs as my first Advance -- I'm anticipating going Darkest Self a lot.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

<Stay With Connor. See what he does. Help him escape.>

Mandy returns Connor's sardonic salute but hangs back, ducking behind an air conditioner to watch him work. I see through her glass darkly, as Connor drags out the old Broncho mascot suit -- nice! -- and reaches for a bleached skele--

¿WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT?!

I don't black out, but it feels as if I lose time, or something, because the next thing I know the horrible thing is gone, Connor's dousing the full Broncho suit in gas and Mandy is thinking quizzically at me through the link. Whatever that thing Connor had, it's like a black hole in my mind. I can't even remember what it looks like, just.... Deleted fragments. Broken images. Millennial dust. The Queen shudders and it's like knives through my cerebellum. I break off that line of thought.

<Get the hell out of there!> I tell Mandy, and break the connection. I bounce up like a jack-in-the-box and bang my way out of the stairwell, heading for the commotion. It'll be good to lose myself in the screaming masses. I've got things to think about, and one last gambit to try.

I realized belatedly that if Mandy stayed, Antony would get to see the satanic skeleton through Abyssal Vision, which, I don't know, seemed like it might be really hosed up.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 25, 2015

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid
Harm 0/4| XP 4| Conditions:

If there's one thing Orchid had learned how to do over the years, it was bullshit herself out of a bad situation. She had time to calm and collect herself since the conversation started, and Summer's diversion gave her just enough breathing room to try and salvage the situation in such a way that if anyone was taking any heat, it'd be her and not Summer. "Ma'am, please don't be upset with Summer. I..we..sort of.." She paused for a second and cleared her throat. "I got wind that something was going to be going on today at the end of school, at the pep rally." Just enough truth mixed with the lie to make it perfectly believable. Besides, if she knew Mara the woman would do something that would land the school on the news.

She looked over at Summer, sighing a bit. "I didn't want her to get targeted in whatever chaos others had planned so I talked her into coming with me to protect her." She put on enough genuine concern in her voice that she didn't even need to fake it. Considering how high profile their kiss had been, someone might have decided to get stupid during the rally if things got crazy; Besides, hadn't her mother done the exact same thing for her before, just for different reasons? She hoped it would hit home a bit. Now she just had to hope her mom wasn't a homophobe. "Summer..may have already hinted as to why either of us might've been at risk." She blushed a bit and averted her eyes. This was Texas after all, you didn't say that kind of stuff openly to people you just met. Not that she cared, but it helped her look more the victim. "I just don't want her to get in trouble, this whole idea was to avoid anyone getting in trouble or hurt."

19:39 ArbitraryTA Rolling for a manipulate to see if I can be convincing :V
19:39 ArbitraryTA !roll 2d6+3
19:39 Krysmbot ArbitraryTA, 9+3 = 12
19:39 ArbitraryTA okyeah

Using the manipulate roll to essentially take the heat for Summer and explain the situation in such a way that hopefully nobody gets in trouble.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Harm 0/4 | XP 6 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!, Terrified

*Kersplash* "What the..."Grace!" I call, as she storms off, and away from me. Grace, my best friend. My secret crush. My secret second-place crush. And possible future sculpture project. My stomach feels knotted in all the wrong ways. I want to run after her, but I don't. Let her go. Let her come back to me....hell, let her tell, will anybody even believe her?

The match hits the gas and things go up in a FWOOSH! I jump back, towards Mara, without even realizing it. The costume's on fire and people are starting to freak out. Teachers are yelling and then the fire alarm goes off. I reach out and grab Mara's hand, where nobody can see, and I look at her, right in the eyes, for a few seconds, long enough to let her know I know. "We should go with the crow," I whisper, moving in the same direction as the evacuation. Can't rush, can't linger, just find the right pace.

Hold Steady (fire!): 2d6+2 9
Marking +1 XP, taking 'Terrified' and taking 1 forward.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Orchid's explanation is really good, and actually illuminates something for me. Something bad was going to happen at the pep rally, and Orchid saved me from it. Guess that explains why she was so keen for us to skip school... well, that and the brick. Which was an accident! And, uh, well, I guess sex was another reason. It was a pretty good reason.

As she finishes, I accept my mom's hand, but don't budge when she pulls gently. Not going anywhere quite yet. Looking from Orchid to her, I can tell that Orchid's argument helped some. Not enough to get me totally out of trouble, though. And, it's certainly enough to get her in trouble, too, at least with my mom anyways. If mom thinks everything's her fault, she'll probably never let me see her again!

"Mom... please. Orchid's really nice, she didn't do anything wrong, she didn't, uh, trick me, or anything... I went with her because she's really kind, and, uh, awesome and she likes me!" We're already making a scene; what my mom thinks about Orchid is more important than what people at Sonic think about me. Giving Orchid as big a smile as I can manage, I add "She's, uh, my girlfriend, so uh... please, please give her a chance."

Maniupulate NPC
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
<Rauri> yessss

If she still wants us to go, I will. She's my mom, she's sacrificed so much for me, I'll never be able to comprehend it or even start paying her back - but it's not right for her to hate Orchid. She's got some flaws, everybody does, but she's kind and smart and beautiful and no one's ever made me feel the way she does. Mom can't hate her.

Manipulating her to hopefully like - at the least, tolerate - Orchid.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 25, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified

I scream and dive behind the seats in front of me when the air cannon reappears. And of course my phone is already in hand. Jo hasn't seen where they are firing from, but knows me well enough to know that even if my screaming is gratuitous, there's a good reason. And follows suit without the screaming. And where she leads her little clique follows. And with five people diving behind seats there are going to be others. Both because it's fun and because we're being bombarded.

quote:

Christian Association under attack. They've bombed us with flour and vinegar! #PeppedRally #OdessaHighCA

And indeed it does seem to be the Christian Association getting attacked. In particular the less judgemental part of the Christian Association. With two notable exceptions. One being the only teacher who seems to be organising anything in here. The other is ... Grace. Somehow I think that's personal. I tweet who's been hit, naturally, and am barely managing to keep a straight face. And this is only the warm-up act! I wonder how Connor got that little group helping.

I instinctively look up at the change in music. This is more like what I was expecting. My phone's in hand, so I Vine the dangling mascot and then tweet the Vine.

quote:

Someone doesn't have much #SchoolSpirit ? #PeppedRally #OurMascot #Odessa #OdessaHigh
I'm a pretty good hand with Vine - it's only a couple of seconds, but I catch the same end of the swing at the beginning and end (of the second swing) so the jump-cut isn't that bad as it loops. The hung mascot swinging forever. That the music is Pitbull singing "Swing your partner round and round, end of the..." on loop as the broncho swings on a rope is just my good fortune. Or possibly fortune favours the prepared. I can see from the hashtag I'm far from the only one tweeting. But I'm fairly sure I'm the first one with the Vine. Not unexpected. Afte all I knew this was coming. Or some of it was. And I'm always fast with tweets and Vines.

quote:

Language! New music: The roof is on fire! We don't need no water! #PeppedRally
I'm expecting at least half a dozen people to reply "Let the motherfucker burn!" to that one. In the end it's ten (including dad's alternate account he thinks I don't know is him. Or possibly he wants me to think he doesn't know I know it's him). And people complaining about their language.

The inferno when he drops the match is everything I could have wished. And my next tweet is as close as I get to swearing. On this twitter account anyway.

quote:

Flaming...

And another Vine. This time of Broncho buring. I don't alas get the soundtrack right to this one. Maybe I'll have time to take a better one.

quote:

Soaked in #SchoolSpirit first? #OurMascot #PeppedRally #Burninate

This is glorious! Even better than I imagined it would be! I'm having a hard time not either leaping and cheering or collapsing in laughter when I feel Amy grab her hand. I give it a squeeze and look at her, then freeze. Almost literally. It takes me a couple of seconds to break away from her gaze. "Yes, and we need to talk." I bite my lip and smirk. "And possibly a blindfold."

And that's when the sprinklers turn on. Naturally. I scream, well aware I'm in a white top and being soaked to the skin. I'm far from the only one screaming - the water is after all cold. And I'm very greatful for what happens with Amy's gaze; this is hilarious and not sure whether I'd keep a straight face at all if she hadn't just damped my body somehow.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"You planned this all from the start," I hiss at Mara. I'm looking away now, more down at her feet. "Now you need new clothes. We could run to my house?" I offer.

Arguably Amy should get an XP for accidentally using petrify on Mara...although so far it's just been in the story?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified

I'm slightly annoyed by that. "You think I had anything to do with bombarding people with that stuff?" Yeah, OK. The rest is me. But I wouldn't single people out from a crowd like that unless I got them all. Or unless they deserved it and I was bringing chickens home to roost. Of course if they were the people with the microphones they'd be fair game. But still, I thought Amy knew me better than that. "And I need a shower as well as a change." She's welcome to offer one. Or to join me.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

Everything else seems to have simmered down, so I grab Mara's hand. "Let's go," I tell her, and tug her away from the crowd, heading towards the parking lot. My beatup little hatchback is there, and it won't take more than five minutes to get home at this time of day.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Scene Two continued:

Connor: As the match hits the fake fur and it ignites you swear you hear something scream, not from the crowd but from Barney. The plastic screws in the skeleton melt and pop, and it jerks to life, arms and legs flailing like something out of a true horror movie. At least that's what you HOPE happened because oh god it kinda looks real and it's even reaching for the noose with it's hands now and it keeps swinging back and forth and making that horrible noise...

Someone pulls the fire alarm and the loudest buzzer ever sounds through the halls.

The gym empties out in an extremely disorganized and WET fashion, it's a miracle no one is trampled. Teachers are trying to count students as they spill out onto the front lawn and half the seniors decide to head for their cars. (They're the only ones allowed to drive, there isn't parking space for the other classes.) You're pretty sure 'suspended' would be a tap on the wrist for something this big. What's your getaway plan? Do you ever find your shoes?

Antony: Mandy doesn't get up from where she was sitting when you saw the skeleton. The psychic feedback from you blacking out has hit her pretty hard. Conner runs by like a bat out of hell, not even noticing her sitting there. "Wasn't me." she whispers. "Wasn't me. Wasn't me." she's stunned, stuck on repeat. The Collective is in a panic. If you leave her there, the teachers or the fire department is going to find her in a very compromising position. What do you do?

Mara: You have never felt this alive before, not before the snake-bite or afterwards. You are positively DRUNK on it. And Amy is positively adorable. And you're both soaking wet. And school is definitely out. Do you go home with Amy? Do you stop anywhere along the way?

Satiety is well, satisfied for the scene.

Amy: On the way to your car you spot Grace. She's smoking a cigarette and leaning against the back of the school. She's not all wet so it looks like she missed the last act in there. Do you stop or just head for the car? Mara seems fascinated by your gaze and keeps trying to steal glances. Do you avoid them or let her feel the touch of your magic?

------MEANWHILE------

Orchid & Summer: Suddenly you all hear the sound of a large fire truck as it zooms past the Sonic, horns blaring. It's heading in the direction of the school. Summer's mom looks shocked, then checks her phone quickly. She looks even MORE shocked. She's holding onto Summer's hand very tightly. She actually says: "I'm sorry... Orchid? I may have misjudged you. But..." She hesitates. "I need to go back to work, can you take Summer home? Stay a while, I'd like to talk to both of you tonight."

What do you say? What do you do/where do you go after she leaves? How do you find out about the pep rally?

------

END OF SCENE TWO, next scene begins now! This is our next 'session' so new Highlights for everyone!

Amy highlight for Mara
Antony highlight for Amy
Connor highlight for Antony
Mara highlight for Connor
Orchid highlight for Summer
Summer highlight for Orchid

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Thanks mom!" I exclaim happily, wholly amazed that we were getting off the hook, and that she wants to have dinner with Orchid tonight! Mom doesn't even seem that mad I'm skipping school or on a date, so maybe those things really are ok? I mean, just this once, especially to avoid trouble. Wonder if that's where the firetruck is going?

While she gets back in her car, I'm kinda focused on my incredible glee at my mom sanctioning me hanging out with Orchid, giving her the biggest grin while audibly sighing in absolute relief. "Wow... didn't, uh, think we'd get to keep hanging out." While my mom may have come around, not everyone that patronizes this Sonic seems to be on board with everything that just transpired. We're getting some weird looks - probably a good idea to do what my mom said and leave.

Grabbing my mint chocolate chip milkshake while Orchid grabs her own, we clamber back into her van. The whole time I'm thinking about what we should do once we get there, and once we've sealed the doors I instead ask what she wants to do. "Orchid, it's really cool, uh, that you're getting to come over. It's actually not that far from here... is it, uh, cool if I, uh, tell you where to turn? What do you, uh, you want to do when we get there? Unless my dad is there, we probably have a few hours to ourselves."

I'm just realizing that may have sounded suggestive. I'm not good at that sort of stuff! Hastily, I add "Maybe a movie?" If you're watching a movie, you're too distracted to fool around, right? Makes sense to me. It's not that I don't want to, well, do it with Orchid... It's just that I'm a little tired... and it did, uh, well I have a headache now so...

Summer thinks Orchid is one of the coolest people she's ever met. Cool is kinda like Cold, right?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 30, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Even though he wasn't himself close to the flames, Antony's still feeling pretty hot.

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 0 | Conditions: Loser, Drained

One last song switch -- this one's all Mara again -- and it seems weirdly appropriate. Good song to have everyone shuffle out of the gym to, anyway.

I fell in to a burning ring of fire;
I went down, down, down, as the flames just went higher...

I stare in alarm at the Bronc -- the thing as its screeches are drowned out by the fire alarm. Did ... did I bring it to life? Woaaaaaaholyfuck. Cool.

And also INCREDIBLY hosed UP. But also kind of cool?

Be cooler if I hadn't murdered it immediately but uh, poo poo happens, right? I ... I'll probably start to feel bad about it if I think about it. Or maybe not! It was just a fuckin' skeleton, who cares. Uh. Right? Probably can't even feel pain. Skeletons don't have like, nerves and poo poo. Also I'm probably hallucinating the whole thing 'cause I'm high on adrenaline and gas fumes and none of that poo poo really happened, it was just warping from the heat.

But, y'know. If it did.

Anyway it's gonna be pretty goddamn conspicuous if anyone sees me, since I'm probably one of a handful of motherfuckers in this school who ain't soaked through. Probably best if I get my shoe, too. I am absurdly fuckin' lucky that Mayes didn't see me climbing up, but leaving that poo poo around's just incriminating. I take off down the stairs, once again camouflaging myself in the crowd, and head out one of the back exits. Grab my shoe and head to my truck, like the rest of the upperclassmen seem to be.

I keep an eye out for that rear end in a top hat Pete -- kinda wanna see the look on his face when his truck won't start -- but mostly I just wanna get out of here. Throw myself into the cab of my truck and get the motor started. Probably gonna be a minute 'fore I can actually drive off, though, pretty sure half the assholes in this school's trucks are twice the size of mine. Overcompensating fuckheads.

My fingers tap nervously on the wheel as I watch behind me. With nothing to distract me, I decide to chat up my friendly hitchhiker. ~ So, how'd I do? ~

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 30, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark)
(I'll take XP this time - and +1 Hot)

It's glorious! It's wonderful! And there's still time for another Vine as Rhianna hits the "Stand there and watch you burn" for the second time.

quote:

The fire turned on the sprinklers! That's it for the #PeppedRally I think!

I do however get one last Vine in as we're leaving. This one a panning shot of the bedraggled crowd to Maybe that's what happens when a volcano meets a tornado.

quote:

The end of the #PeppedRally

I then tweet another selfie, one of me right now, bloody, bandaged, and soaked next to the one I took earlier. And why yes, I am wearing white and it is near see-through. My bra however is not.

quote:

Before and after: one afternoon at #OdessaHigh #Rock #PeppedRally

And that's my tweets done ... for now. I'm not sure what the rattling is that starts at the final song - but I'm fairly sure Amy would be furious if I doubled back to find out. And right now I want to collapse in laughter. I'll leave Belle here for now. No chance I can get her out past the assholes, so it's faster to take Amy's lift and walk back if necessary - and if anyone's called the Fire Brigade I don't want to head that way home. And I only sneak the one glance at Amy's eyes - when I'm taking a panning Vine. In the car will be a different story.

Besides. I'd make it 30 seconds down the road before I collapsed in laughter. I do not want to be driving right now. When I'm in and the doors are closed I speak a little more unguardedly. "Been a while since I was in here." I'm sure Amy can see me biting my lip and trying not to laugh. I'm glad she's driving.

OOC: Connor, stay frosty. You're going to need everything you've got to stay out of trouble. Cold

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 30, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1 (Old Highlights: Hot, Cold)

Hustle! Move move move! All those old action cliches echo in my head. Stay focused, get to the car, get home. Deal with everything else later. I spy Grace through the corner of my eyes. We're wrapped up in the crowd so I don't think she's noticed me yet. I...I want to talk to her, I just want to talk to Mara more, lovely best friend that I am. I keep my head down and looks slightly away, which Mara, curse her, seems to take as a challenge. Other seniors are getting to their cars, starting to get out of here. We slip into my aging little cat and I let out a huge breath. Great, we're damp so the windows are already fogging in the Texas heat, and the air conditioner in this thing just involves window cranks.

I look over at Mara, feeling my stomach tense, my gaze....does it tense? It does something kind of like that. "Mara..." I start to say and then catch myself. "Just....let's get out of here, okay?"

The good thing about driving a junker, people know you don't give a poo poo. That and I can fit places those big V8 pickups can't. So into gear we go, lurching back out of the space and thens winging quickly past some other escaping seniors. I shoot us out past some other turning traffic and careen into the road, making a bee-line for home.

Mara is, of course, Hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

I grin widely as we leave. I can't help it. Then bite my lip. That was hilarious. And I'm glad I'm not denting Belle in this. But I'm unable to hold my giggles in more than about half a minute while she's driving. "Best Pep Rally ever!" I shake my head, which would normally make my hair bounce. We've more to talk about than that. But. For now I'm going to enjoy the memories and be glad I won't crash into a tree (and would survive if Amy did).

• Locked thread