Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1 (Old Highlights: Hot, Cold)
Harm 0/4 | XP 6 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!, Terrified

It takes us about ten minutes to get back to my house, a modest little split level in dire need of a lawn-mowing. Mom's out, because of course she is. I park on the street and hop out, grabbing my bag and heading for the door. I snatch up the mail and trow it on the pile. "You, um, want anything?" I ask Mara, as I head to grab myself a soda. Something nice and soothing, it'll calm me down. Right?

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark)

My giggles are more or less under control by the time we reach Amy's house. But only almost. "Please. Soda would be wonderful, thanks. Also a shower and a change of clothes. Whatever I was hit with is nasty." There's a slight smirk there - she's welcome to take the shower comment as she will. But I think I'll bite the bullet. "Also to talk. We're both keeping weird secrets. You'll be the second person who knows mine? And I think mine's weirder than yours?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

I pull out a diet coke for Mara and wander back over, towards the couch, and pass it to her. I'm about to sit when I realize I'm still wet, and so just stand there, still slowly dripping. "Uh," I say, head dipping down, avoiding looking at her. "Look, Mara, I...." I press my lips together, curling them in and closing my eyes for a deep breath. "I'm dangerous and it's not safe for you to be here. You should shower and change and....go, I guess," I say. Which isn't really what I want, but really, I can't have a statue of Mara in my living room. I grab her hand. "I've missed you so much," I whisper.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I draw her in for a hug. "I've missed you too." If she froze me, I think that's what she's scared of. What's dangerous. "And Amy, I've my own secrets." Actually I need to kiss you senseless until you stop worrying. But that's a whole different story. "It doesn't matter how dangerous you are. I've died at least once already? Snakebite. Just after you stopped talking to me? And ever since then I've woken up with my hair exactly the same length, and the same chipped nail every day?" My hug tightens. Letting the fear I sometimes feel about that show.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

Wet hug. With Mara. Nope, not awkward at all.

"I think I'm...." I say in my quietest whisper. "A monster. I...I turned Mr. Fluffypaws to stone," I admit. My face is red. drat I loved that cat.

"And Grace....just a bit...." I add. I snap my head up and look at Mara. "Died?" I asks, whimpering and crinkling my brow. I realize a few moments later I shouldn't look at her like that and jerk my head away, pushing Mara some too. "You *DIED*!?"

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 30, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"I felt my heart stop? It was a couple hours before my next breath?" I shrug. "I think that counts as dead?" When her head snaps up I realise what''s happening and close my eyes. Her eyes might be fascinating, but I don't like my body being slowed like that. Twice is enough for one day. Of course that means I stagger more than I normally would, catching myself on one knee. "So. You've this weird thing with your eyes? That makes me feel as if I'm slowing and freezing? Like I said. Blindfolds." I shrug. "Now. Anything else I should know about?" I remain on my one knee, letting her decide how to play this.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

I shudder and go cold. "Died," I whisper. Ugh, that's....terrible. My heart wrenches and my stomach twists. "Mara....it's...it's a miracle?" I suggest, trying to find maybe a small bit of positivity. "I have some," I tell her, and pull back, heading for my room. "We can use some cloth strips when showering," I say. "Mara," I say, as get down and pull my toy box from under my bed. "You're not dumb. You took ancient lit. Evil gaze? What's that sound like?" I ask, as I find the items in question. "I think I'm a gorgon," I say, and that feels so weird to actually say aloud. "Or at least....have the powers of one?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm ?, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark)

I haven't yet opened my eyes, but I can hear her bustling about so think it's safe enough. And it is. If she's bending down like that I'm going to enjoy the sight. Especially in that skirt of mine. Me? Shallow? "A gorgon? Head full of snakes and hands of brass?" I shrug. "And if a miracle, who from? And why? But I'm going to enjoy my life. And there's no reason you shouldn't either." But I don't know what she's digging under the bed to find.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"So you want to shower?" I ask of Mara. I sit down on my bed and slide the blindfold over my head, getting it in position over my eyes. "Safe now," I tell her. "You can open." And me, I'll just stay sitting here, I suppose. "Um....no hands of brass," I say, holding out my hands and waving my fingers. "My scalps been itchy but..." I shrug. "Maybe that's just my shampoo." I tilt my head and turn towards Mara's voice. "God? Satan?" I speculate. "Zeus?" I add with a laugh. "You haven't been craving brains or anything, have you?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm ?, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark)

"Ewww!" I wrinkle my nose and reach out to take her hand. "No! And if you think I'm going to have a shower while you just sit there blindfolded, you're being silly." I kiss her gently, teasingly before leading the way towards the shower. Been here before - I just didn't realise she had blindfolds in that prop box.

Fade to black. Mara gains a new hunger, and Amy doesn't trigger til Mara and Amy next meet in public.

Afterwards I'm wearing a fresh blindfold after drying us both off. It's her house and she's going to lend me a change of clothes. Or play dress-up with me. But before that we're going to talk. Under the duvet, hugging. "You want to go first?" I think she has a lot more to feel guilty about.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders
Harm 0/4 | XP 1 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!, Terrified

That was different. Nice. I've been so thoroughly cared for. Haven't felt that way in a while. In too long. And then I realize....maybe I should be telling Mara this?

"You're gonna make me, so..." I say, shifting under the duvet. "C'mon, Mara, I've always had a thing for you. It hurt. We'd be out and getting it on and having fun, then when it's school time, or family time, or anything out of the club you'd be a whole different person. I couldn't touch you," I say, and stroke her side for emphasis. "Tell you what I felt. So you know I've seen other people. Orchid, for one. Super casual but...." I make a little half-shrug. "Whatever. And then there's Grace. Grace is...I dunno. We've been friends since we were both little and she's cute and....I told her about my powers. Sort of....half-changed her too. And then made out and stuff. IT was....a very distinctive experience," I say, trying to avoid spilling all my weirdness on Mara at once. I free a hand reach up to scratch the back of my neck.

Spending Amy's advance to take Head Full of Snakes, all because Neon mentioned it. :-P

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 30, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm ?, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

I wriggle into her caress. "There are places I can relax out of the club. But I know it hurts. You think I like being the perfectly proper princess? And not able to touch you either?" That's one thing I've never been. "But if it helps, Monday's going to be a gamechanger with the Christian Association. Either they change policies, which I doubt, we schism, or they throw me out and I follow the teachings of Jesus, chapter and verse, and in the footsteps of St. Francis and John Woolman to make them look like unbiblical assholes." That's not a word I'd use at school. "Which means it will be a gamechanger for how much freedom I have." I take a deep breath, feeling slightly vulnerable. "Could you be ready to pick me up on Monday if I need it please?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"I don't get why you care," I say. "Just tell you dad to gently caress off. You know he's a fake, just tell them to leave you alone or you'll spill it all." I ask. "You're going to college next year anyway. What're they going to do to you?" Mara's totally skipped past mentions of both my monstrous affliction and my other lovers...poo poo. Is she pissed and ignoring it on purpose? Or just wrapped up in her own crap? I'm unsure which is worse. I shifts in bed, flopping onto my back and letting out a deep breath. "Yes," I agree, with a particularly belabored tone. "But what's in it for me?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm ?, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

"What's in it for you? What do you want?" I frown. This is harder when I can't actually see her, and I'm aware I'm sounding nervous. "Do you want me in public? I think it will be possible afterwards. Do you want Grace and Orchid as well and an open relationship?" I try not to sound hurt, but I'm not sure I succeed. I mean I can hardly blame her when I couldn't be there and we'd never said anything exclusive for very good reasons. It's no business of mine. And maybe I can convince myself of that "If Orchid isn't with Summer anyway."

I take a deep breath. "And this isn't telling them to gently caress off. It's telling them they are a bunch of frauds and to go gently caress themselves sideways with a kayack after pointedly parking one outside. Dad's probably going to kick me out of the house over it even if he's going to laugh himself silly - and not touch my college fund or allowance."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"I want you, stupid! It's what I've always wanted!" I declare. I'm sitting up now, which Mara can't really see, but can probably feel. "Yes! I want to be able to go on dates and hang out with friends and just be us and be a couple and not have it tied up with stupid family drama!" Grace and Orchid. I hadn't even thought about that. I shift, and move to sit up, cross-legged. "I dunno," I say. "I mean Orchid was just...super casual. Never thought she was really the dating type anyway. Grace...I don't know. She's the girl who made me...uh, realize I liked girls," I explain. "Not that we ever did anything until I....'gazed' her. Something in me I just...kinda kissed her and it went from there. I think she liked it. I mean I know she did. She wasn't freaked or anything, which you'd think being half stone would do, but..." I lean in a bit and speak in a bit more of a whisper. "She was pretty turned on by it."

"You could stay here," I offer. Which would have been a much more appealing idea before the whole 'gaze' thing. CAn't help myself, though.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I shudder and my breath hitches slightly at the comment about being turned on by being partially petrified before I smile and reach for her, knowing she's sat up and guessing where she is. "Where I'm trying to get to is so we can walk into school on Tuesday morning hand in hand, and the Christian Association will be so shattered that it won't do a thing. To you, me, Summer, Orchid, Tina, or anyone else. And if the CA won't, neither will anyone else. But I need until the end of Monday night. And I don't know it will work?" I frown. "And ... I hope ... I think I've more than enough for my own place? But thank you!" There's nothing insincere about my smile.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

I look at Mara, distressed, even though I know she can't see me. I put a hand on her shoulder as she shifts and fakes at seeing. "Why?" I ask. "What's going to happen Monday night? What magical sparkle unicorn is going to make it okay? I just...." I take a deep breath. "I can't keep getting pushed aside, Mara," I say.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"That's the next Christian Association meeting. The one where they are going to have words with me for what I said this morning. And I'm going to show them just what the Bible can tell you to do and tell them where they can stick their rules. It's just one day at school. That's all I need." That and to control the story. That's one part of me I don't think Amy's ever understood. How much planning goes into loosing mere anarchy upon the world. Especially if you're trying to ensure the tide isn't blood dimmed.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"You know we could just do it," I tell her, finding her hand, holding it. "Not everything has to be a big drama production." Says the girl in the drama club. Drama's always come so naturally to Mara - it's part of her appeal. I swear half the time she's about to burst into song.

I pull back and kick the duvet off, standing. "What're you up to this weekend?" I ask.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:1 Adv 1 Harm ?, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

I shiver slightly, exposed to the air, but just squeeze Amy's hand, arch slightly, and spread my legs a little. "Sunday's Church. But Saturday I've nothing I can't change. I'm all yours if you want to whisk me away. Or keep me chained to the bed." I smile. "We've a lot of time to catch up on."

Turn on Amy. Mara:2D6+2 → 9( 6 +1) +2

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 30, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

Mara's caught my hand and I'm out at a distance, our arms stretched to connect us still. "We could hit a club," I suggest, "Find a good show. Just go get drunk somewhere. I think mom's working a double tomorrow...."I wonder if I could pull off a party on such short notice. Or if I should even try, given my....thing.

"Yes, yes we do." I spin and go back to the bed, kneeling and scooting in, reaching for Mara's blindfold. "I don't need chains" I point out. "

Giving Mara a string

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2 Adv 1 Harm 1, Conditions: None (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

I bite my lip and shiver. "Oh." It's a few seconds before I close my eyes - and by the time I do I can't lift my arms or legs although I'm not so stiff she can't pose me. I'm not even sure I can open my eyes again. Like this I feel achingly vulnerable. I can barely even arch into Amy's hands, and it won't take much for her to make me beg. It won't be loud - just loud enough for her to hear. Which is all we need.

[Fade to black]

I wrap my arms around her. "That was ... intense." And slide my arm down Amy's back. "And yes, I'm good. And can move again. I think it's something to do with adrenaline. And the way I am now." There's a part of me that's smug - I'm sure Grace didn't recover this fast.

OOC: Mara removes the Petrified condition with Satiety. (And gains an XP for repeated sex move).

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Who knows what Amy and Mara got up to in the Dark?

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 3 | Conditions:

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo! Inside my head, Mandy feels like a blank, empty pulse. I can still feel the dregs of our previous psychic connection, enough to taste the dull numbness filling her. Mandy's been my friend since I was a dork and she was a mouse. Since we painted crayon turkeys together in kindergarten.

I fight the streaming tide of students hastily exiting the gym just long enough to simultaneously get wet and spot Ashley. I grab her arm; she's still cackling over the pasting that the pretty girls took. "C'mon!" I drag her behind me, sprinting sideways against the flow to cut around the corner and run around to the back of the gym. I'm not sure I could carry a comatose Mandy by myself all the way from the roof, and if it comes to that we're hosed anyway. The only thing to do is to get her on her feet and meet me halfway.

The psychic link is still open, which is half the problem -- I'm getting greasy, ugly bleed-through as whatever that thing was that Connor did burns merrily. I grab it mentally and pry it open wide enough to shout through it, putting everything the Queen has given me into the link. Amanda Dorilee Eunice Fuller! I am talking to you! On your feet, girl! Snap the gently caress out of it!

God, this kind of dialogue takes effort. I push harder. Mandy, I need you to get off the roof, Mandy. Wake up, Mandy. Wake up, Mandy. Wake up, Mandy! if you don't get off the roof right now, you're going to get caught. And if you don't get off the roof right now, I'm going to tell everyone you know, at great length, about the time you laughed so hard you peed your pants right before concert, and the thing that happened afterwards that made it even worse.

Desperately, I switch from threats to pleading. Mandy, get off the roof, now, and we'll go get pizza, my treat. I'll even go with you afterwards and we can watch that new Jennifer Lawrence movie that Efren won't watch with you, and I'll even probably enjoy it.

Finally, I switch to the old Catholic standby: guilt. Mandy, I need you to get up, Mandy. I'm your friend, Mandy. It'll kill me if you get caught, Mandy. We'll all get in trouble, the whole band. You're letting us all down, Mandy. Get off the roof, Mandy.

Manipulate Mandy: 2d6+2 6 Spending a string to make it a 9. Marking Xp.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2 Adv 1 Harm 1, Conditions: None (old highlights: Cold, Dark, new highlight: Hot)

I close my eyes briefly, hugging her, then feel something on the end of my nose. But her head is by my cheek? I open my eyes. "Hey!" I can't help grinning as I see what's just happened. "Your hair just nipped my nose!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

I'm feeling my bliss, tangled up with Mara, nestled in oh so comfortably. And then she says...

"What?" I ask, my voice totally serious. I kick back and roll out of bed, jumping to stand in front of my mirror. ""What're you...." Something's moving under my hair. I reach up and lifts it slightly and osmething moves. What's super weird, is it reacts on its own, yet I can feel something moving, like when the doctor tests your knees with the hammer. Oh poo poo....is this....I lift my hair a little bit more and the thing moves, a dark scaled little snake. It'd almost be cute if it weren't attached to my head!

"Oh gently caress," I says. I swallow hard, but that can't keep the tears from welling up in my eyes. "Oh gently caress," I wail, feeling weak.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I slide out of bed shortly after she does. And approach her (from the side so I won't see her eyes in the mirror so easily, I'm not that daft). "You were right. And it's a cute snake." I always used to like snakes. Before...

I place one hand on her back, trying to draw her in for a hug. And hoping that the snake isn't venomous. It didn't seem to be?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

I'm shaking when Mara touches me, which just makes me tense up more. She slides up and hugs me from the behind-side and a shake, closing my eyes and sliding my arms along her as she captures me about the waist. "That doesn't make me feel better," I mutter to her. "And I usually like being right. God, why is this happening to me? I never wanted....this." I say, which is...trueish. I wanted to be popular and to get invited to all the good parties and get to just /be/ who I was, not being a monster.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Why am I still alive?" I shrug as I draw her closer - and slightly away from the mirror. "I didn't ask for it and I'm probably the last person who deserves it. You certainly don't deserve this. But it's happened." On a whim I kiss the back of her neck. "And it doesn't make you a different person. Just someone who needs to be more careful, and can protect herself and her friends more easily. And do ... intense ... things in bed."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"Because you're a good and beautiful person," I tell Mara. It's true. As much as she torques me, makes me crazy, Mara's got an inner light I've always loved. Even when she's too surrounded by drama to let it shine. "Doens't it? I can't even look at people, I'm so afraid I'll hurt them," I say. "Protect? They need protecting from me.How can I live my life like this?" I wonder aloud. "Great, if I want to be a stone dominatrix."

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara (phone post)

I can't help being shocked by that. "Me? Good? I thought ..." I bite off the sentence - I was going to say I thought she knew me better than that. "Ever since..." I bite that one off too. Too tricky. "You know you were right earlier? There were other plans at work? But mostly mine." And the one I'd denied really wasn't me.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"I'm happy so I'm saying nice things. Don't wreck it," I tell Mara. "Because you just....what, thought it'd be funny?" I ask. It was, really, and I press my arms a bit tighter along Mara's. "Should we....um....go anywhere? Do you want to talk about you?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I know I sound much younger than I normally do. "Can we stay here please Amy? Somewhere I don't have to put my armour on?" I bite my lip and turn away from the mirror entirely. "And if you're a monster you're a beautiful one. And only a monster on the outside."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy Saunders

"You're just trying to get in my skirt now," I tease, turning around in Mara's arms. I play with her hair, pointedly looking at the top of her head rather than her face. "So you...died," I say. I'm turning into a monster of myth but dying and coming back, that I have trouble with. "And came back? I guess nobody noticed since we didn't have a funeral or anything." My hand shifts. "You still have a heartbeat," I say, smiling a bit.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Amy Saunders

(Co-written with Platonicsolid - the perspective alternates between paragraphs, starting with Mara)

"I'm not there already?" I lower my head to kiss the side of her neck, scratching gently down her spine. "I'll have to do something about that. And at least one person noticed. I think two? Possibly more?" I shrug. "Orchid was taking me to hospital when I died. And digging a hole when I woke up over an hour later. And I think dad knew." I’m surprised by how bitterly that sentence comes out.

“What, Orchid knows?” I ask with surprise. Why that is inherently concerning to me is beyond me. My skin shifts a little bit. “And she was going to dump your body?” That’s a very, very distressing idea. I slide my hand through Mara’s hair. “Has he said anything?”

“What else should she have done? If she’d turned up with me dead, the police would have taken her van.” I shrug. “And dad saw me get bitten onstage and sent me for the antivenom.” My tone turns flat. “Despite knowing that he’d forgotten to replace it.” I frown. “There was a third snake in the basket that day.”

I shove Mara back. “He tried to kill you!?” I declare, making two, perhaps three marginally founded intuitive leaps. I never liked Mara’s father. He was that kind of guy who knew everybody’s name so he could come on like your best friend later. Figured he saw me as an extra challenge too.

“I don’t think so?” I shrug. “He wasn’t the person who set it all up?” I smile slightly. “But then I’ve an alibi for every moment leading to the Pep Rally. And I learned tricks from him.” Part of me thinks he knew exactly what would happen. Including that I’d get better. He was certainly unsurprised to see me back.

“There’s a depressing thought,” I say. I edge back in and then turn, taking a seat on my bed. “It wouldn’t make sense anyway, you’re his golden girl,” I say, glancing up at Mara to steal a look at her face. I wonder if I could….no, no, I really shouldn’t toy with this.

I remain standing, unaware of any plans Amy has for me. Not that I’d stop her. “Anyway, since I came back I’ve changed slightly. Half an hour of Pep Rally and I’d have screamed.” I take a deep breath. “Me. Mara. And one simple Pep Rally. I couldn’t have taken it. So I destroyed it. For good.”

“Because...what, you have perspective? I get it, you know what matters in life,” I say, and squeeze Mara’s hand. “You’re tired of the facades,” I add. I’m not sure how true that is - call it wishful projection. “This is Texas, Mara, I don’t think the pep rally is down for good.”

I squeeze back - then turn and playfully wrap my other hand round Amy’s throat. “Not the facades. The pointless facades. The ones where no one’s getting anything out of it.” I try and push her backwards onto the mattress. “Two people at the whole rally wanted to be there. The rest I gave something funny to.”

My eyes widen and Mara’s...teasing. Pushing. My breath catches and I lean back. I have to. Monsters still have to breath. I can feel my hair shift and *hiss* in upset. My legs kick and my eyes lock with Mara’s. Reflex, more than anything. “Now you want to get something?” I, the words croaking out. “You just like the attention,” I say.

My eyes snap closed just after Amy’s eyes meet mine, but I let go. I know who’s in the room and think we’d both regret it more if I didn’t. “Oh, I love attention.” My smile’s wicked. “But without the rock I wouldn’t have had any. It wouldn’t have mattered.” I shrug. “It’s the confusion, and the breaking masks.”

I kick my legs to try to slip out of Mara’s grasp, rendered irrelevant once she lets go. She’s never been quite this...aggressive before. Me either. We’re both changing. This feels dangerous. It feels...mmmm, it feels good. “Only person I know who’d call getting cracked in the head ‘lucky’,” I say. “Didn’t you ever want stability? Something solid? That’s...all I’ve ever really wanted,” I say.

“You think Mara, Queen of the Christian Association wasn’t stable?” I shrug. But while she’s down like this I run my thumb over her lower lip. “I don’t mind stable...” I don’t even have the words for what I want to say right now.

I pout my lips and look aside. “Put you at war with yourself,” I tell Mara. “And you were never ‘stable’ there. You’ve done the two-faced girl thing at least as long as I’ve known you.”

“Not at war. Just ... like wearing a tight corset.” My smile promises nothing good as I open my eyes when I feel her look aside, and when I look down she looks good enough I decide to straddle her. “And I’m bringing that whole thing down next. It’ll be back. But not straight away.”

“You make it sound so appealing,” I say, and that thought makes me squirm under Mara. “I want you…” I pause just a moment and then continue, “to do that so badly. Us. We can be us,” I say, my hands on her legs, squeezing. “No more lies.”

I shiver briefly. I don’t even know who I am without lies. But still smirk. “If you wear that Aurora dress for me, I’ll let you dress me up a few times from my wardrobe.” And yes there are corsets in there. And if she finds the right drawer more than a few toys.

Mara’s back in my sights, and let her close her eyes, because I’m not letting that go. “We can be us, right?” I push her.

I pause. “You can be you. You always are. But... I don’t know who I am?”

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid
Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4| XP 4| Conditions:

Orchid looks visibly surprised when Summer's mom left them there, looking over to her and then to the other patrons who were giving them looks. "Ok yeah, maybe time to go..." She stepped up out of her seat, "Yeaah, off we go I think." She grabbed her large chocolate malt and bailed on the table, heading back to her van and pulling out her phone. "Holy poo poo.." She saw all the tweets from Mara and the Vine she posted, as well as social media in general freaking out. poo poo, and to think she had put her phone on silent to ignore all the buzzing! "Uh. Guess it's good we bailed."

She gave a little whistle as she saw the hanging mascot. Yep, that was a crisis well averted. "Ok. I uh..guess I'm meeting the family a little early." She rubbed the back of her head, blushing a bit. "You're still coming to the rave with me tonight." She was sure she had mentioned this before. "It's Friday, who needs sleep?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm 1/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions:

"A Rave?" I can't help but give Orchid a slightly skeptical look. D.A.R.E. taught that raves are where people do Ecstasy, which can kill you. Is that something she's interested in? I really hope not. On the other hand... if I go, I can keep an eye on her - and on other people too - and I've never been to anything as someone's girlfriend. And to be fair, I asked her to Sonic and she went without complaints. I owe her, right?

"Uhh... yeah, sure! That sounds, uh, fun? But I may need to, uh, borrow some clothes... I think." Orchid's glancing at her phone occasionally, while following along with my directions since she doesn't know where I live yet, while driving. It's making me a little nervous. "Left here Orchid, it's the white one at the end of the cul-de-sac."

Our new house is fairly nice - I'm not trying to be snobby, we've just had so many I've got a lot to compare it to. It's cozy, since moving all the time costs a ton and we can't exactly bill the Red Coats for it. I know money's tighter than it should be, because of me... I shouldn't complain about it at all. Besides, it's the first house I've ever brought a girlfriend over to. That pretty much makes it the best, now that I think about it.

As her van pulls in the driveway, I'm clambering out the car practically before she's parked, still leaving my things (milkshake aside) in the passenger seat. Racing around the van, I open her door for her, giving her a giant smile, probably blushing a little too. "Want a, uh, tour? Since my dad's car's not, uh, here, I think it's just us."

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid

"Man, you live in a cul de sac." She giggled a bit at the thought going through her head. "Where's Johnny and Plank?" She grabbed Summer's stuff, though upon noticing the cross necklace she decided to quietly slip it into her pocket, and hopped out of the van after her, making sure to lock it on her way out. After the earlier trouble, she wasn't taking any chances with thieving little shits.

"Tour sounds good, yeah." She walked in, looking around the entryway and nodding in approval. "Bit fancy. Then again I'm not really the person to go to for, uh, home decoration." She chuckled a bit, rubbing the back of her head. It was kinda weird being in a decent neighborhood and going to someone's house. She was sure her van stood out even more than she thought it did and to her, that was great. Middle class white neighborhoods always looked so samey that it made her proud to liven the place up for a bit.

"Sooo, what do you think..they're gonna think?" Summer seemed to be in a good mood about the whole thing, but she wasn't exactly the kind of girl people normally took home. The whole situation had her feeling almost a bit anxious, though that was thankfully being mostly held off by her high.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

It's so weird having someone other than my parents here. Weird in a good way, obviously. We'd gotten into my bedroom and I had pointed out my trophies for soccer and track, and their stuffed animal guardians - was just about to start explaining the pictures on my wall, where all of them were taken, so she'd have some kinda timeframe for when I was living in all those different places, when she asks me what my parents will think of her.

"I've, uh, I'm..." I'm about to say 'I'm not sure, I've never brought someone home like this," but the look on Orchid's face... is she nervous? It's hard to imagine, she's so fearless and cool... is meeting my parents that big of a deal to her? Because she wants to impress them? For me?

"Awww, Orchid..." Summer grabs Orchid, embracing her, then deliberately loses balance, bringing the two of them crashing softly onto the rainbow comforter atop Summer's bed. Giggling a little at Orchid's mild surprise, the unicorn answers her. "I'm sure they'll think the, uh, truth." Reaching forward with a hand to brush some errant dreadlocks out of Orchid's face, Summer smiles at her, almost too distracted by her girlfriend to actually properly answer the question.

Realizing that her answer didn't properly allay Orchid's concerns, Summer elaborates. "They'll, uh, probably think you do drugs... but they'll believe it when I say you're nice, it's easy to see" she leans forward, and gently kisses Orchid's cheek. "And that you're smart," she kisses the same spot again, "and cool, and funny." Two more kisses. "And my first every girlfriend!" Summer moves to kiss her forehead now, giving Orchid an incredibly good view down her shirt wholly on accident. Even if what she said didn't reassure her, Summer's tone of voice has done a good job of making it clear that Orchid has nothing to worry about.

Turn On Orchid: 2d6+2 6
Spending string to raise to 7.

Arbit Summer needs a highlight.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 2, 2015

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Orchid

Orchid made what could only be described as an adorable noise as she is loved on by Summer and pulled the other girl down on top of her and into a big hug, burying my head into her shoulder and squeezing her tight for a bit. "You're such a cuddlecorn~" She was, to put it lightly, quite relieved by Summer's calming words. The fact that she was also kissing her and being all adorable and sexy just made her easier to listen to.

"Hey, hey.."She eased up on the hug and rolled her and Summer onto their sides. "Can we just..kinda lay here for a bit?" She shifted herself so she was laying face to face with Summer, just a few inches away from her face. "I wanna just hold you." She gave a cute little smile to the unicorn girl, sliding her hand up to run through her hair over and over again as she just stared into her eyes. "You're just so pretty..."

Giving Herself to Summer. Mark Volatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"Aww, you're the pretty one." It's true, too - especially when she has her glasses off. She has such beautiful eyes. For a while we just lay next to each other, close enough that I swear our heartbeats and breaths are in sync. It's amazing... her being so close, me feeling so safe and loved. I'm glad we're not having sex. This isn't quite as exciting, but it's basically better. It's... less selfish, somehow.

After who knows how long of blissful quiet and hugging, Summer stirs. She's grinning, almost mischievously, which is quite a feat for her. Sitting up and unwrapping her arms from around Orchid, the Unicorn looks at the base of Orchid's shirt with a plan clearly forming. Grabbing the bottom of Orchid's shirt and pulling it up, exposing her stomach, Summer leans in and... puts her mouth on Orchid's belly-button and exhales, making a funny fart noise.

Turn On Orchid
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
<Rauri> RNG ships Orchid x Summer
Taking that string I spent earlier back.

Looking up for Orchid's reaction, Summer hopes she thinks it was funny, since she personally thought it was hilarious. Plus she got to see Orchid's stomach again, and a some of her bra, which to be honest was half her motivation for having gotten up in the first place.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread