Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I'm probably the only person who actually likes Pep Rallies when I'm not performing in them. They feel almost like Church on one of the weeks I'm not organising things. But a little less willing. On the other hand, there's something much better than a good Pep Rally, and that's a Pep Rally going wrong. And I've been meaning to send one badly wrong for a while, but never got round to it. But there's one person in the room who knows me well enough for me to be able to work with her. Well, two. But I'm not thinking of her right now. So I open my phone and text Orchid. Looking forward to the Pep? I hope it goes as well as a few months ago. About as unincriminating as it's possible to be. Orchid however will know I'm talking about the day when I died and I hope will be smart enough to read the suggestion there that we make it go about that well. The only suspicious thing is I could just turn round and talk to her.

And then I see Mayonaise and give him a smile. His gaze passes over me and over the rest of the class. Obviously whoever he was looking for isn't here, but everyone who's supposed to be is. Which means that he's looking for one of three people. The first is Mr. Evans, the vice principal. Who comes in to visit Mr. Cole's room and speak to Mr. Cole far more than you'd expect. He's worse with computers than dad and normally wants his fixing. But I think it's more than that. The second is Shelly. Don't ask me why she hangs round Craig. It's not a normal relationship, whatever else it is. And she's the person most likely to carry a knife to school. The third was, of course, checking we were all here. Probably looking for Joanna (or possibly Orchid) - he's not allowed to check the ladies, but is I think hoping to catch someone taking drugs on school property. And knowing that one of the suspects isn't there would be a good clue.

Now I come to think of it, most likely is that he's prodding Mr. Cole about the teachers' prayer meeting. Always half a dozen of them. And always just before school starts. We'll know if Mr. Cole leaves the class in the next 30 seconds.

quote:

Mara Stevens, the Ghoul
Look: Striking, Quiet eyes
Origin: {Resurrected/Rejected/Sent} - it was something to do with the snake handling meeting she died at.

Hot 1
Cold 2
Volatile 1
Dark -1

 The Hunger
You have a Hunger for Chaos
When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady

Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Satiety
When you satiate a Hunger, choose one:
} heal one harm;
} remove a Condition;
} mark experience;
} carry 1 forward.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, add having sex with [this person] as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self
You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. You will feed relentlessly. When someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure, which would take at least thirty or forty minutes, you escape your Darkest Self.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I watch. I was considering doing something about that but Orchid's stepped in. And she's got a nice sashay. So I watch, not particularly carefully. But it looks as if that will work, and work better than anything I was planning. But there's more going on, and I'm trying to keep an eye on the room. Hopefully better than someone Orchid can handle nicely.

quote:

Nice. And there are a couple of doors so I can't fix the music. Emilie Autumn, Taylor Swift, RiRi, and Maddy and Tae were my thoughts? Or The Clash and Pink Floyd? Possibly Weird Al - Barney's On Fire?

I think Orchid is sharp enough to decode that. I'm planning on taking over the sound system but need someone to open a locked door for me and I'm pretty sure she's better at picking locks than I am. And she's welcome to stack the playlist. And Barney refers to our mascot. Setting it on fire would be fun even if I have to wear it at the time.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 31, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Of course I know why the costume was retired without comment! It turned out that Mr. Dennings, the very much former assistant coach, was a furry with a mascot fetish. You didn't think they'd retire it just for being embarrassing, or for the eyewatering colours, did you? As for where it is, it's stored in the back of the storeroom with all the sports equipment. Having been washed, boiled, bleached, and sprayed with enough axe to overpower the scent of sweat on the sportsgear. I know Coach wants to bring it back - but only when he can look it in the eye.

quote:

It's going down... And naive I think? Possibly asexual. Hurt her deliberately or change her too much and I'll be looking for a shovel. Otherwise good luck!

And the people in here are too nice! Summer and Orchid are taking all the heat out of problems, and are good enough at it that I can't even do my good girl "Why can't we all get along" act that just pours oil on troubled fires. But a sudden flash of movement draws my eyes. To the person on the far side of the room I want to know just what happened with. Amy

I decide to open things by text message although I'm looking straight at Amy as I hit send. I want to see Amy's reaction when she reads it.

quote:

Jumping away from all your problems? I'm at least owed a couple of answers. Talk at break?

Shut Down invoking Heartbreaker (1:12:06 PM) Krysmbot: neonchameleon, 4+2 = 6
... I'll spend a string to make that a 7. Giving Amy the condition Guilty.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 31, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

Amy catches my eye and I feel myself slowing, falling. The blood in my veins slowing down. Not quite like I felt from the snake venom. But close. So when I return to life, Amy starts looking at people and doing things to them. This is ... weird. I don't think to look away as I feel my extremities tingling. Instead I go deep, listening for what I sometimes feel on the edge, or when strangling myself. My heart pounding as the blood slows down. And sometimes on the edge there are answers. I let my eyes fall closed, unaware of the slightly greyish tinge to my eyelids, as I listen, breaking the gaze. Fortunately I'm wearing makeup, although Amy will probably notice. Why is this happening at once? Is there a link? Is there a plan?

Gaze into the Abyss: (1:48:58 PM) neonchameleon: !roll 2d6 (1:48:59 PM) Krysmbot: neonchameleon, 9 = 9 (That should have been 2d6-1, sorry). The visions about wtf is going on are confusing and alarming.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Snakes, why did it have to be... Not that I haven't dealt with snakes before. They've done their worst.

I pull myself back to myself, and wonder if I'm still dreaming. Nope. This seems to be real. Hot, but real. And ... it takes me less than a second, as the kiss is breaking, to realise I'm going to have to say something. I'm the Secretary of the Christian Association. To not comment would be a comment in itself. And if I don't say anything, Mark probably will. I need to talk first. I stand, fingertips unnaturally hard on my desk, and my eyes gather in people on the far side of the room. Mostly Anna, Mandy, and Mark who are all sitting in a nice cluster. Almost as if I planned to be somewhere they could all see me if they were looking into the room. Not that I planned that in detail, but I have been aware of it before.

It's difficult to understand the Christian approach to being gay. It's not as if we wrote it down. We just know. And it's changed over time. For most of us born between about 1935 and 1965, being gay is wrong because it is. And when you try and throw out sexual ethics and start over you end up with many, many situations (at least some of which we know about, like the Breendoggle) where you have to completely work your sexual morality from first principles to show that anything at all is wrong. Anything at all. We can't move because if we do things the lust-dimmed tide shall be loosed upon the world, and they have seen it happen. And we've seen what happens and talk about the worst parts. It's a very real fear. For most of us born between 1965 and 1985 or so, it's a matter of obedience. We haven't seen the effects, but we trust our elders who have. For most of us born after 1985 it's a Shibboleth. Something that marks us out. Not meaningful other than a marker of the group.

And I'm about to say we shouldn't worry if other people think the first syllable of "Shibboleth" sounds like "Sit". I take a deep breath and...

... Roll to Hold Steady 2d6+1=9 - exchange Petrified for Terrified...

...I feel my heart pounding in my chest, shaking off the lethargy that looking into Amy's eyes somehow gave me. My blood's again singing, and I'm jumping. I don't even know what I want out of saying this, but know that for once in my life it's the right thing to do. I also know I'm looking forward to the sheer volume of chaos I think I'm about to unleash on the Christian Association. I don't know if I'm trying to reform it, shatter it, or leave it. And what honestly is the worst they can do? Kill me? Church did that once already. But it's important that I do this the right way. I can not afford to let one shred of liberalism in. This must be purely from the bible.

"Matthew 5 27 to 29. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Yes, the devil may quote scripture for her own ends. I've been doing it most of my life. But I'm sure that Church isn't good. "If any of you had a problem with that are you also free from the sin of adultery in your heart?"

I don't know if I've just resigned from the Christian Association, started to trigger a huge change, or just made the next meeting a very interesting and chaotic one. And to be honest I don't care. But it will be interesting!

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 31, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I smile sweetly at him. He's not a bad person or even a closet case. But for him it's about obedience and order. And the best defense is a good offense. "Of course you can't just quote scripture how you want. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16 is a favourite clobber verse against liberal Christians and I'm using it right now exactly as it was intended. He's not a bad guy. Just... needs order. "I'm not supporting homosexuals. Just suggesting that we read the bible and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. Homosexuality is a sin. But if you look at what Jesus taught, it was about our own righteousness. It was about taking the beams out of our own eyes and not worrying about the motes in the eyes of others. The meaning of the passages I quoted is clear to me." The hook is well and truly set, and my smile is far too sweet, and my tone lightly and innocently curious. "I don't know what you want me to do? Not stand against sin? Pick and choose from Scripture? Reject its authority?"

Shutting him down: 2d6+1=8 - it's a shutdown, but I'll wait for Mark's response before deciding what the condition is.

This ... isn't going to be enough. I can see it in his eyes. He has even less room to move than I do. But it may shake him, and if I have him shaken before the Christian Association meeting I've much more room to speak. I'm looking forward to the showdown.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 31, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

At least he knows not to try and use the Bible against the preacher's daughter. I can't help but feel slightly smug at that. Some of the boys took a while to learn that lesson. Doesn't stop him being Entitled (condition). And thinking that a girl will roll over rather than defend herself because she's a girl. I smile and step slightly forward into his space, looking up and while not fluttering my eyes having him looking into mine. "A united front is your choice. There's nothing I'm saying that's unbiblical." Seeing him drop his eyes slightly, I breathe slightly deeper than I need to. "And nothing that changes our beliefs. I'll also have more support than you think. Even if you don't show a united front." A biblical justification to not have to behave like bigots? That means they don't have to do anything? That's going to be pretty popular - especially if we run a secret ballot. I swallow, letting myself look as vulnerable as I feel. "Please don't, Mark?" I don't think I have a single chance of stopping him. His part is set. But I can try. And I can try to unsettle him at the same time.

Turn On: 2d6+1=8

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 3, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

I spent the rest of break dealing with a twitter storm for @marabaptist. A couple of dozen people asking whether I'd said what people said I had. I pointed them at the Bible. A few people stopped following me. A few more started. Both good. Some people told me they were praying for me. I thanked them.

Chem was mostly theory today. Blech. Well, it can lead to more fun. But mostly blech.

There was a good reason Amy couldn't find me at the start of lunch.

quote:

Needed to change as well. See Twitter. This suit you?
Complete with a photo of what I refer to as the "Princess Aurora" dress lying on my bed. I know Amy far too well for that, and grabbed a navy hoodie and short black skirt for her.

On twitter was, of course, a selfie with me wearing one of my Christian Association t-shirts - a size or two too small, and white other than the logo across my breasts. Round my neck a silver cross - and light makeup. With the caption "Sometimes you need to remind people who you are." I'm framed by a window with the spire on one side and a tree on the other - and the sun just out of shot). Yes, I'll be wearing this shirt for the rest of the day.

And I send another text while she's still boggling.

quote:

On my way back. Meet me on the roof?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 3, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

I grin at Amy's reply while at a red light - I don't break traffic rules. Not when dressed like this. Even if it's safe. And it's not as if I don't have a distinctive car that it might take a particularly slow cop a minute to realise was mine.

I don't of course drive it when letting my hair down. I've got a bike for that. Both are fun! I park in my spot, a couple down from Orchid's this morning, and step out utterly oblivious to either the brick flying towards the parking lot, or to anyone beside Orchid's van.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 31, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 3, Harm 1, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

I don't see it coming and fall to my knees, crying out in pain. Hit just above the temple with a rock. Blood welling up on the side of my head and tears in my eyes. I crawl next to the flatbed I'm parked next to just in case there are more rocks incoming. And follow my instincts ... to tweet. I'm fast. I may be no good with a pen, but tweeting is a whole different story.

quote:

Ow! gently caress!
It's only the second time I've ever sworn on my twitter. I'm going to get tutted at, but people are going to take notice.

quote:

Just been hit in the head by a rock! #Thathurt #Fml

quote:

Was it something I said? Or something I wore? #Rock #OdessaHigh #OdessaHighCA

The last is accompanied by a selfie - me still sitting next to the flatbed and taken from the side, showing blood in my blonde hair, running down my face, and spattering on this nice white shirt. I couldn't have picked a better colour to get bloody. Not my prettiest photo, but certainly dramatic.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 3, Harm 1, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

My head snaps up at someone crying my name. Why would someone be doing that? I'm down, picking myself back up and pasting on my smile is my job. Amy! What's she doing here? And why's she concerned? I shake my head and flinch away from her fingers. Is she trying to hurt me again? I'm confused when she starts tearing her shirt apart before I realise she's trying to stop the bleeding. I smile slightly, awkwardly. "Good job I brought you a change of clothes. But why..." I shake my head and then wince. I'll ask for answers later. The way she was running answers ... something. "You know I'll have to take back my clothes from you? How long has it been?" My tone makes it clear what I'm talking about. "But I think I need the nurse?" I'm standing and leaning into her. More than I need to. I still don't have actual answers. But I know they are there and ... confusing.

Turn on: 2d6+1=8

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 4, Harm 1, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

This feels nice and I smile. Then freeze after the kiss. "You know I can't afford that here. Especially with the Association showdown coming. However glad I am you're here." My hand covers hers as I take it away from my head. And I do not want to let go of her hand. "Besides I'm not going to miss a chance to strut through the halls like this."

Hold Steady: 2d6+1=7

I take a deep breath and straighten myself, mask slipping into place. And wonder if she knows that she's the only person I've let see that in years. My voice is soft as I turn towards the main doors. "Showtime!"

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 1, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP 4, Harm 1, Conditions: Rebel, Terrified.

I put my free hand to my head. I want it bloody when I open the door just to get the doorhandle messy. But as we open the door I see two things. An audience, and Mark just reached the bottom of the stairs. My eyes narrow momentarily at him in his really good clothes and I whisper to Amy "When I trip don't catch me." This should be ... entertaining. But even with the short term entertainment setting up the poor bigot will provide, there is a serious long term kicker to be had. This is going to hurt, but who cares?

As we enter and the door slams behind me I trip and stagger forward, covered in blood, into Mark's arms. His eyes widen and I'm relying on someone that entitled not wanting blood or mess on him. That sort of thing is for other people. I scream slightly as I 'trip', offering him a near face full of blood.

Manipulate an NPC: 2d6+2=10

And all the bystanders are treated to the unedifying spectacle of the Christian Association president half catching the secretary, then stepping back and dropping me - and me landing flat on my face. A bit of my cheek is caught between my teeth as I land, and I feel the skin break. That hurts. But a bloody smile just adds to the effect I want.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2 - I hadn't realised this was still Scene 1, Harm 1, Conditions: Terrified.

OOC: I'll use this scene and Satiety to clear the Rebel condition. After that sort of display from Mark the old order is rapidly fading.

I smile my thanks at Summer and let her help me up, trying not to grin at the chaos caused. And then let Amy support me for the rest of the limp to the nurse's office. Which frees Mayonnaise up to open doors and bellow at people and then go back to his office the second we're at the nurse. No one wants blood all over them. And it will allow me a chance to hand over a long hoodie and a barely school-legal skirt (hey, I'm shallow) without trouble. And there's no point trying to make this even more memorable - that would just look crass.

(End of scene? Everyone's in one place or another).

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:2, Harm 1, Conditions: Terrified.

"Really?" I smirk. "I thought I was a careless man's careful daughter." And now I'm quoting Taylor Swift. "But would you like me half as much if I wasn't?" I raise one eyebrow, holding the rag against the wound for now as my eyes flicker to her lips. There's already enough blood on me to make me look like a refugee from a horror film. "And we need to talk. This evening at mine?" Why no, I don't consider anywhere at school secure. "And I think we've both got a lot to talk about?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"After it." I smile. She'll recognise the skirt I've brought - it looks perfectly modest and knee length, but the lower half is very light so it flares from the upper thigh whenever I turn. Legit by the dress code, but handle it well and it really shouldn't be. "I wouldn't cut it. Even if dressed like this I wasn't incredibly visible." I bite my lip for a fraction - there are sometimes problems to visibility. Like the fact I need to put my plans for the Pep Rally to one side as I can't not look noticeable right now. And I want to remain above suspicion until Monday. Acting on an impulse I rarely feel I give her a quick one-armed hug, bloody side of me away from her.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I look up from my phone, surprised. I'd just read the texts and was starting to delve into Twitter while waiting for the nurse. "Someone without aim threw the only stone." I smirk very slightly. "They couldn't hit the broad side of a van door. And then Mark dropped me to the ground like a Priest on a holy day rather than doing anything to help. I'm sure he had more important things to be doing." I sound sincere. However barbed some of those comments were. "But why 'wait, me'?" I'm curious. Connor was clearly surprised to see me and had me as the person he was looking for. I don't know what's going here and that's ... interesting.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I frown. I guess this is part of Orchid's apology, recruiting me some help. And something makes me think he can be useful. I need to be sure, but I want to tell him exactly what I have planned (and for once show off how skilled a planner I am) and let him take over.

I gesture at myself. "Even if I'd been planning how 'stir poo poo up', I can hardly walk round the school inconspicuously right now." I use my free hand to gesture at my blood-spattered white shirt. "I mean, seriously. I couldn't walk through a library without three people saying something right now." And I can hear a touch of disappointment in my voice as I say that. More than I normally show; I put it down to the head injury. I then smile slightly. "Any theoretical plans that I may or may not have would have to be changed for whoever put them into practice." And if he doesn't see through that nonsense about any theoretical plans he's not worth being an ally. "So what skills do you have, Connor? With the first question being whether you can help bandage me so the nurse can keep doing her paperwork?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Just a sec." I smile, taking a Selfie with a bloody mouth from my bad side. I'll put it up when I've dealt with Connor. "Twitter's enjoying today." I've seen the number of messages I have. It's scary. "You do realise that I'm just speculating here? I don't expect you to take me seriously or actually do any of it?" Yes, I'm protesting too much. I think he knows that. "I don't know how much you know about causing chaos? And whether you can pick locks, balance well, and know anything about electronics?" All relevant questions. Because there's no point giving part of my plan to a klutz although I can probably come up with workrounds.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Have you seen what's going on on my Twitter?" I raise one eyebrow and smile. "And that was you? Then there are things I really shouldn't tell you about this school. Like the fact Broncho is stored right in the back of the second gym store room, the catch to the third skylight on the right hand side of the gym is broken so it opens by hand from the outside, and you'll need 20' of climbing rope from the same store room to make Broncho's feet brush the ground if you just throw him in. But that's beginner stuff."

My smile widens innocently. "Another thing I shouldn't tell you is that the old PA system is all rigged in parallel. Stick the output cables from an amp into the front of one and all the ones in the circuit will play whatever you feed them. And although there's no actual speaker in there, the Janitor's closet on the first floor near the gym has an input and output wire for the amp system in there which you can attach directly to the amp cables. There's also a plug socket in the bottom of the closet." I shrug. "And if you do take over the PA that way they will assume it was someone in the AV room. There are plenty of ways to block entry including gluing the lock that will make them certain." I'm unaware at this point that I've pointed him straight at where he stashed Broncho. But there's far more to come. Even so I watch him to check that he's following.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"It doesn't matter much." I shrug. "The music's a distraction. If there's just the one thing going wrong even an idiot can deal with it and carry on. If music starts they'll send the helpers to the AV room. Meaning that they can't get Broncho back easily." I smile. "You probably want about eight feet less rope. My planned playlist was Taylor Swift's Better than Revenge as the warmup, Pitbull's Timber to drop Broncho to, Ellie Goulding's Burn next, and finally Smoke on the Water." I raised one eyebrow. "Did I forget to mention the Broncho was meant to be doused in gas, and I was going to put the skeleton from the biology lab in it? And that when it burns it's going to trigger the sprinkler system? And half of us will be wearing white shirts?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Oh, I'm sure that nothing ever goes to waste! I hope you're looking forward to the Pep Rally as much as I am!" My smile is warm with just a hint of secrets to it.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mandy

"We don't need to." Mandy grinned. "We just need to pick the right targets both inside and outside the Christian Association to get them to turn on her. We don't call it Omerta, but the idea is the same. And there are groups in the Christian Association. Paul's group, Mark's group, and I guess right now you could call them Mara's group. Mark's is the biggest. People who want to get along, or people who joined for the networking or guys who joined because there are more girls than guys. Mostly Nice Guys for what that's worth. Some are genuinely nice, some are just nice to your face. And there are more of us than you think." She shrugged. "Paul's group is Conservative. Or being more honest, Paul's group is is bullies who use Christianity to hide behind Mark's group. Anna's on the borderline, but it's often hard to tell. And the third group? Mara's? It's a weird. All people who don't like Paul's group. Mara's a Charismatic and I don't know if you've been to a Charismatic Prayer Meeting? Some of them are like drug fuelled parties, just without the drugs. And she doesn't know about the sex. She's scheduled three of those for the last three abortion pickets Paul tried running. Sally-Jo on the other hand? You've seen Sally-Jo. It's not an act. She is that sweet, and no one ever wants to see her upset. Except a couple of Paul's group because she spoils their fun. Shoot Mara, Sally-Jo, Taylor, Michael, Max, and Tina, and Orchid and Summer if they are there, and it'll both piss off Mark's group and be obvious it's someone in the CA." She paused. "And yes, Max is one of Paul's, but everyone knows that's really because he's so far in the closet he can see Narnia. Also if setting Anna up you want to hit Joanne. They chased after the same guy."

OOC: A guest post by an NPC to flesh out the Christian Association a little.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 3, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I was catching up on Twitter when the Nurse arrived. First a text to Amy.

quote:

The skirt suits your legs. You should wear skirts more ;)

And on Twitter.

quote:

Apparently *someone* can't hit the broad side of a van door with a rock. It was an accident... #fml #rock #wearyourglasses
Complete with the final selfie before I was bandaged.

And another selfie - this time with her head bandaged.

quote:

Helped in by @Amy Dropped on face by Christ Soc Pres @Mark Helped up by a lesbian. Bandaged by #SMC @Connor #whoismyneighbour
#SMC is a hashtag that many of my followers might not recognise. It's short for Sunday Morning Christian.

The trick with planning is to always have backups. I'm not expecting everything to go to my plan - but I think that Connor can improvise something pretty spectacular from the plan. Even the fire and sprinklers on their own are going to make a huge mess. I doubt it'll be as elegant as if I was doing it, but really my plan was built with enough overkill that only one part of it needs to work.

I think the most interesting response comes from @austinslutwalk "Is that bible quote real? Can we use it?" ("Of course. Everyone should know what the bible says. And follow it." It's as close as I can get to an endorsement.) It takes me a couple of minutes of googling to find what a slutwalk actually is. And ... I know a number of people following AustinSlutWalk. Biblically in a number of cases. My worlds aren't meant to collide? Another interesting one is the lack of an apology from Mark. Paul's "Love the new look @MaraBaptist" is just creepy. And I block the couple of real creeps who're making photomanipulations of me covered in blood. Ewww.

Who stops me in the hallways? Everyone. You don't often see a blood covered girl round here. I can't talk to anyone much until I reach the ladies to fix my face and makeup. And standing right next to me is Anna who's decided to use this as an opportunity for a conversation about this morning. I let her open, but I'm not going to take back my words.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

drat! I'd been so busy being clever and just sneaking in under the 140 characters that I hadn't looked at all the angles. And it's hard to stuff the genie back in the bottle. Especially as it's true.

quote:

@austinslutwalk @TXGayStraightAlliance @OdessaBaptist Three people helped me. @Amy, @Connor, and I don't know the lesbian's twitter.

I post similar messages in reply to my own and a couple of others. It ... might be enough. I hope. Or last long enough.

Then to Amy

quote:

Sorry. I meant Summer. Can I try and make it up to you tonight?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:3, Harm 0 - bandaged by Connor, Conditions: Terrified.

I laugh. "You're right. I don't care about gay rights or I'd be busy signing petitions." I shrug. "I care about my friends. Orchid's a close friend. And Summer isn't yet, but I like what I've seen even if she doesn't have the sense to get in out of the rain. There weren't two other people in the room I'd have done that for. But things get done by the people who show up, not those whose intentions are pure. So now there's a chance to show up without taking point, can I count on your support on Monday?" I want an answer more than I do support from her. At this stage I want to know more.

And when she leaves I start visualising one of my Dad's old tricks for winning votes. Taking multiple OHP flimisies each with the people voting laid out identically. For a single vote you colour each voting block in red if its against you and green if for you. Stack them on top of each other and look through for the points where you can peel people away. I mentally add layer after layer, including blackmail material I didn't want to ever use and suppositions and ... that's still an awful lot of red and right at the limits I can visualise.

Gaze into the Abyss Is there any way I can win on Monday?
(9:49:37 AM) neonchameleon: !roll 2d6-1
(9:49:38 AM) Krysmbot: neonchameleon, 5-1 = 4

Yup, I'm screwed.

Oh, and

quote:

@Connor Eep! The verse only says let he who is without sin throw the first stone. That hit me already. #onerockisenough

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:3, Harm 0, Conditions: Terrified.

There are always a few groups of us at Pep Rallies and such things. But I don't at the moment want to risk one of the more uptight ones; I've no real wish for a fight. Which means I look round to see if there's anywhere spare near Kristen's little group. In the year below, and in the drama club, their main game at the Pep Rally is going to try to be corpsing each other. And me. When I wander over I'm greeted with a couple of wicked grins and a few lines of "What shall we do with a problem like Maara?" from The Sound of Music (adapted) by Kristen and Beth so, having nothing prepared I reply with an in tune "But you don't know what you don't know. Some day I'll be living in a big old city and all you're ever gonna be is mean" and a fake pout - Jo was joining in by the end. At their laughter I'm pleased that at least some people haven't changed. The biggest danger here is going to be not twitching and giving away I know what's coming. But for now they are asking exactly what happened and why I'm covered in blood. If I were a year down I'd probably be in this little group. And slightly less risk-taking than I am.

And of course I've been invited to the football players bash! Three times. People always think it's a joke to invite the most uptight looking of the Christian girls. If we turn up they win, if we don't they have their fun anyway. If they are very lucky they will get someone to protest their drunkenness (who will be thrown in the swimming pool). I've no more plans to accept this time than last.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Who knows what they'll bring down? Maybe the moon?" My tone's innocent. I'm never going to admit outright that I know that even if they are in the Christian Association they are also a Wiccan coven (who have spent far too much time on $ilver Ravingwolf; someone Dad uses as an example of just what you can get away with). But it's not going to stop me paying them back for resetting songs from the Sound of Music for me. "At least we don't have a chandelier in here." And at my lead the conversation is changed hurredly to Phantom of the Opera. Although one of these days I'm going to anonymously give these four a copy of Farrar or Valiente. And possibly Hutton. All much more interesting than Ravenwolf.

And from that ping, Amy's texting me. Which means she must be here already. I glance at the text and grin.

quote:

Come join us? They won't bite.
Not that I really mind her position higher up on the bleachers. Nice view of her legs. I'm going to get her to wear less at school one of these days. But I want friends round me right now. And to watch the show with. I hope Connor's good as his word. Speaking of Connor...

quote:

@connor, I'll just have to teach by text if I can't talk. But I'm not in a church in Corinth where that's the law.
Like I'm going to obey that verse.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I give Amy a big hug when she arrives. Not a side hug either. They are silly. "Amy. Beth, Kristen, Jo, and Joe." Yes, Jo and Joe confuse everyone even if they are different genders. Beth, Kristen, and the Jos are some of my favourite people in the CA. And Amy's a close friend who's ... direct enough to say what she thinks about the Pep Rally." I smile slightly affectionately. It's a bit of a trial balloon here - slightly crossing worlds. And seeing what happens. No, Amy, I don't want anything that public. But groundwork's good. And I hope everyone picks up on the message that we're all publically Good Little Christians here except Amy - but none of us are going to take the Pep Rally seriously.

"A pleasure." It's Jo talking. "And we were about to invite Mara to a celebration next Thursday." Jo's always the sharpest of the group. My eyes widen slightly. I'm surprised not by the offer, but that they'd make it in front of a stranger. "And any friend of hers is welcome with her."

I think there was a slight stress on the word 'friend' there and my eyes widen slightly - but not as much as Beth's, Kristen's, and Joe's. It's their full moon celebration. I parry. "I'm afraid I don't know what's going to happen? If you still want me by then, ask me again on Tuesday?" After the Christian Association meeting on Monday night. I turn to Amy. "Any idea how long we're going to get preached at? And if any of the entertainment's going to be good?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I smile. "I suppose that would" I change the joke I was going to make. I'm fairly sure commenting on the tribilation would fly over Amy's head. And probably Kristen's. "... at least liven things up. Even if he wouldn't notice if he was Raptured in the middle of a speech."

Kristin on the other hand does get this one. "Him? Raptured? Never going to happen. Who do you think would be?"

Beth picks this one up. "Sally-Jo and Mara obviously. Probably also..."

I flush and my jaw drops - that wasn't a planned setup. It was honest. Which is why I let that sentence start to run on before cutting in, shaking my head emphatically. "Me? Not going to happen. I'm no angel." And damnit. This is like protesting something isn't a big deal. But I'm really not an Angel. And I don't like that glint in Joe's eye. Snark the pep rally probably just became tease Mara until things start. I look for help. "Am I, Amy?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

A look of blank incomprehension crosses my face, and it's Jo that's first to catch on with a laugh. "Not that sort of angel! We're talking about her being a real angel with wings and a harp. And just a little too good for this world! Not an underwear model!" I turn scarlet and look down, not meeting anyone's eyes. I'd forgotten how little Evangelical Amy actually spoke. Although I am probably going to say things to Amy afterwards about picturing me as a Victoria's Secret model.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

And that's met by laughter from various people including me. Joe's "She'd probably leave her sword with people who wanted to keep warm" goes straight past me. I know he's referring to something but not what.

"But a flaming sword would be cool!" I smile. "Can't you see me with one? The latest in fashion accessories! Flaming swords and wings!" I shake my head. "I don't think they mix well?" And I know that Joe's about to make a hot wings joke if no one jumps in.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Angels could wear backless dresses?" I shrug with a grin. "Of course it means all the male angels would have to cross-dress." There's a bit of choking from Joe at that one. "But I'm fairly sure the Beast from the Sea isn't an angel. And I've never quite got the slaying monsters thing." Especially not if I might be one. Or at least might be seen as one. "Isn't there greater rejoycing in heaven for one sinner than the saved? If so, how much more for one monster?" Probably not the way Dad would preach that verse. But who cares?

There's a moment of silence, and Beth and Jo both seem to be thinking of something.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

What is with her eyes? And not meeting mine?

"The seven heads is the Beast from the Sea from Revelation. Otherwise known as the book where John the Divine got at the really good stuff and we read what he wrote down rather than his recipies." There's a slightly shocked gasp from Beth and some giggling from Kristen and, although he'd never admit it, Joe. There are also a lot of groups I wouldn't say anything like that in. "And you can only stone people if you're without sin yourself." I shrug.

And Beth starts to shyly say something. "Mara? If they throw you out on Monday I'm leaving too." That's a surprise. Jo's the leader here. Although I am aware of Beth's crush - but don't think this is that.

I smile. "Think it over. Don't leave until Tuesday morning unless there's a mass walkout. And don't try to stand up for me on Monday unless others do." My smile is wicked and Jo's eyes widen. She doesn't have a clue what I've got planned for Monday and I'm not going to tell her. But she knows I'm up to something and unless I'm going to be there for ever it's going to go down in flames. It's ... liberating planning when winning isn't on the cards. And I think Joe's going to realise over the weekend he should video the whole thing.

The question is whether Amy will catch the smile and what it means. I think so. She's seen it a couple of times before. And the one thing I'm not going to do on Monday is play the repentant sinner. I have nothing to apologise for.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I know exactly where we want to sit. Because I know exactly where the power cables run. And which chair will have the extension cord with the switch under it that I can "accidentally" tread on if I want to take down the sound system they are using. It's fairly near the front and gives me a good sight of the roof window (and I do not notice people on the roof of course even if I'm fairly sure I can see a shadow on the window - not that anyone else would look in the right direction or I do more than glance up). It's a good position to both see and be seen from - but even better to play games from just by shifting my weight.

"Sure." I smile at Amy. "You're going to invite her?" I don't think she likes me very much. I don't think she knows me at all, but what is a cover there for other than judging a book?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Pre-show jitters. I hate the waiting. Who doesn't? Of course I'm used to them and have a few things planned on Twitter to pass the time. But I've just been handed a feed line I can barely resist. And someone needs her preconceptions adjusted. The fun thing is that I can do it with pure truth. And nothing but truth. It's only confusion, not chaos. But I smile brightly. "Oh, it's mine. She needed a change of clothes, and that was what I had that would best match her style." Jo at least is going to be amused by that even if she is likely to leap to the wrong conclusion. The conclusion that it's one of the outfits I've won in one of our various morality plays is pretty obvious. Fallen woman -> virtuous woman (and why is virtuous so much less interesting every time? For that matter why is it so hard to find a party that measures up to their idea of a party?) But it should leave Grace's poor little head spinning.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: None

"We know each other. And it's always been a pleasure." No it hasn't. Grace and I aren't friends, and frankly I find her as judgemental as some of the worse of the Christian Association and without even their excuses. And we've been at the same school for years. Of course we know each other.

Now go stand in the corner and think about what you did.

I casually press my heel back on the power switch, cutting the mic before they've started organising a response. And idly wondering whether Connor's managed to rig a timer or whether I should have given him the timer plug I picked up from home. Running up and down can't be easy if he hasn't found a better way.

It doesn't take our beloved vice principal much attempted talking into the microphone to realise it's not working. Not much after the intro. I turn the switch back on after he drops the mic in disgust and starts to try out-shouting Taylor Swift. Meanwhile I'm enjoing the music and nerdily bopping along in my seat - and I'm far from the only Taylor Swift fan bopping along in here. And I see a couple of the guys twitch.

She underestimated just who she was stealing from

I hear a scream to my right, and glance that way. Joanne! Standing up, and covered in something - and giving everyone an eyeful. This wasn't in the plan. Not that I expected it to be. But it's hilarious. My eyes go straight to the skylight and I see what looks like Mandy. The obvious thing to do right now is tweet, of course.

quote:

Better than Revenge playing, not Pep Rally music! Joanne flour bombed! #WhoseRevenge #OdessaHigh #PeppedRally

She's an actress, whoa

I look up, having just sent my tweet, and glance at the skylight. My eyes meeting Mandy's, who is pointing a long tube straight at me. Only one thing to do. Sit right here and let it hit me while not letting on to anyone around me that I know what's coming.

Hold Steady: Mara:2D6+2 → 10( 6 +2) +2 (+1 for being in the service of complete chaos - and I'll clear terrified)

Our eyes meet just as she pulls the trigger. And I'm hit square in the chest by a horrible mix of flour and vinegar. I wrinkle my nose and give a loud "Eww!", sweeping as much of it off me with a sweep of my arm. Accidentally hitting Grace with a large flying gobbet of the goop. #Sorrynotsorry. (And yes, it was an accident). No point screaming - Joanna's making enough noise for both of us, and I think there's more shots coming.

I am, of course unaware of the conversation on the roof. Mandy saying "poo poo! Mara saw me!" And being told not to worry, but keep firing. Aiming to hit Taylor on the next Whoa (the one about being better known about things she does on the matress - she's been indiscreet). Sally-Jo isn't somewhere Mandy has a good firing arc. No one else has yet spotted where the flour bombs are coming from.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified

I scream and dive behind the seats in front of me when the air cannon reappears. And of course my phone is already in hand. Jo hasn't seen where they are firing from, but knows me well enough to know that even if my screaming is gratuitous, there's a good reason. And follows suit without the screaming. And where she leads her little clique follows. And with five people diving behind seats there are going to be others. Both because it's fun and because we're being bombarded.

quote:

Christian Association under attack. They've bombed us with flour and vinegar! #PeppedRally #OdessaHighCA

And indeed it does seem to be the Christian Association getting attacked. In particular the less judgemental part of the Christian Association. With two notable exceptions. One being the only teacher who seems to be organising anything in here. The other is ... Grace. Somehow I think that's personal. I tweet who's been hit, naturally, and am barely managing to keep a straight face. And this is only the warm-up act! I wonder how Connor got that little group helping.

I instinctively look up at the change in music. This is more like what I was expecting. My phone's in hand, so I Vine the dangling mascot and then tweet the Vine.

quote:

Someone doesn't have much #SchoolSpirit ? #PeppedRally #OurMascot #Odessa #OdessaHigh
I'm a pretty good hand with Vine - it's only a couple of seconds, but I catch the same end of the swing at the beginning and end (of the second swing) so the jump-cut isn't that bad as it loops. The hung mascot swinging forever. That the music is Pitbull singing "Swing your partner round and round, end of the..." on loop as the broncho swings on a rope is just my good fortune. Or possibly fortune favours the prepared. I can see from the hashtag I'm far from the only one tweeting. But I'm fairly sure I'm the first one with the Vine. Not unexpected. Afte all I knew this was coming. Or some of it was. And I'm always fast with tweets and Vines.

quote:

Language! New music: The roof is on fire! We don't need no water! #PeppedRally
I'm expecting at least half a dozen people to reply "Let the motherfucker burn!" to that one. In the end it's ten (including dad's alternate account he thinks I don't know is him. Or possibly he wants me to think he doesn't know I know it's him). And people complaining about their language.

The inferno when he drops the match is everything I could have wished. And my next tweet is as close as I get to swearing. On this twitter account anyway.

quote:

Flaming...

And another Vine. This time of Broncho buring. I don't alas get the soundtrack right to this one. Maybe I'll have time to take a better one.

quote:

Soaked in #SchoolSpirit first? #OurMascot #PeppedRally #Burninate

This is glorious! Even better than I imagined it would be! I'm having a hard time not either leaping and cheering or collapsing in laughter when I feel Amy grab her hand. I give it a squeeze and look at her, then freeze. Almost literally. It takes me a couple of seconds to break away from her gaze. "Yes, and we need to talk." I bite my lip and smirk. "And possibly a blindfold."

And that's when the sprinklers turn on. Naturally. I scream, well aware I'm in a white top and being soaked to the skin. I'm far from the only one screaming - the water is after all cold. And I'm very greatful for what happens with Amy's gaze; this is hilarious and not sure whether I'd keep a straight face at all if she hadn't just damped my body somehow.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:4, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified

I'm slightly annoyed by that. "You think I had anything to do with bombarding people with that stuff?" Yeah, OK. The rest is me. But I wouldn't single people out from a crowd like that unless I got them all. Or unless they deserved it and I was bringing chickens home to roost. Of course if they were the people with the microphones they'd be fair game. But still, I thought Amy knew me better than that. "And I need a shower as well as a change." She's welcome to offer one. Or to join me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:5, Harm 0, Conditions: Petrified (old highlights: Cold, Dark)
(I'll take XP this time - and +1 Hot)

It's glorious! It's wonderful! And there's still time for another Vine as Rhianna hits the "Stand there and watch you burn" for the second time.

quote:

The fire turned on the sprinklers! That's it for the #PeppedRally I think!

I do however get one last Vine in as we're leaving. This one a panning shot of the bedraggled crowd to Maybe that's what happens when a volcano meets a tornado.

quote:

The end of the #PeppedRally

I then tweet another selfie, one of me right now, bloody, bandaged, and soaked next to the one I took earlier. And why yes, I am wearing white and it is near see-through. My bra however is not.

quote:

Before and after: one afternoon at #OdessaHigh #Rock #PeppedRally

And that's my tweets done ... for now. I'm not sure what the rattling is that starts at the final song - but I'm fairly sure Amy would be furious if I doubled back to find out. And right now I want to collapse in laughter. I'll leave Belle here for now. No chance I can get her out past the assholes, so it's faster to take Amy's lift and walk back if necessary - and if anyone's called the Fire Brigade I don't want to head that way home. And I only sneak the one glance at Amy's eyes - when I'm taking a panning Vine. In the car will be a different story.

Besides. I'd make it 30 seconds down the road before I collapsed in laughter. I do not want to be driving right now. When I'm in and the doors are closed I speak a little more unguardedly. "Been a while since I was in here." I'm sure Amy can see me biting my lip and trying not to laugh. I'm glad she's driving.

OOC: Connor, stay frosty. You're going to need everything you've got to stay out of trouble. Cold

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread