Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Yo Gulag, does "confirmed fail" mean you know for a fact that CPig was town? Mind telling us how you know that?

##vote GulagDolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we get it mornacus. you're the executioner. big deal

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Yo Gulag, does "confirmed fail" mean you know for a fact that CPig was town? Mind telling us how you know that?

##vote GulagDolls

he's confirmed fail from the hip d1. sorry your epic scumslip spotting didn't work out.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

*for shooting from the hip

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
You know me, the executioner who hunts for scumclips

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

you make them up if you want an excuse...to execute

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

GulagDolls posted:

you make them up if you want an excuse...to execute

ya but what if i didn't

b/c that vig was actually decent imo, better a confirmed town + dead ??? than a dead town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mornacale posted:

ya but what if i didn't

b/c that vig was actually decent imo, better a confirmed town + dead ??? than a dead town

what if we do have a dead town. and tomorrow no confirmed town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

and what does vig being decent have to do with me. who cares if you think it's decent. saying it was bad is not inherently 'scum' thing.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GulagDolls posted:

what if we do have a dead town. and tomorrow no confirmed town.

I can't tell if I'm misinterpreting you but how does that happen unless we lynch Winged Orpheus?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I can't tell if I'm misinterpreting you but how does that happen unless we lynch Winged Orpheus?

he gets nightkilled.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh right. duh

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd say the executioner should claim so we can have two confirmed townies but that still makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as far as I can tell

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

GulagDolls posted:

and what does vig being decent have to do with me. who cares if you think it's decent. saying it was bad is not inherently 'scum' thing.

Because I don't find your explanation compelling as to not expecting Pig to flip town.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
We'd also have to take the executioner at their word that they are an executioner.

Also I shot from the hip because I was at -1 in jokephase and better a missed vig than an unused one

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Also cpig will flip at the end of the day, it's not left blind forever

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
WHAT THE gently caress YOU SHOT CPIG YOU gently caress

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

HiipFire posted:

feels town imo

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

HiipFire posted:

Executioner spotted

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
tfw spotted

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Claiming stump.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mornacale (2): MC Eating Disorder, GulagDolls
GulagDolls (2): Winged Orpheus, CCKeane, CCKeane, Mornacale
MC Eating Disorder (1): CCKeane
Winged Orpheus (0): CCKeane, Mornacale, GulagDolls, CCKeane, Mornacale, GulagDolls
HiipFire (0): Mornacale, Mornacale
CCKeane (0): Winged Orpheus, Winged Orpheus

Not Voting (2): Ernie., HiipFire

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello confirmed haven't read op

Why aren't we mass claiming
And does cpigs flip appear at the end of the day?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

Hello confirmed haven't read op

Why aren't we mass claiming
And does cpigs flip appear at the end of the day?

Why would we? Also two more people vote Gulag so we can find out imo, I should not be bored in Whacky Mafia :smith:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Why would we? Also two more people vote Gulag so we can find out imo, I should not be bored in Whacky Mafia :smith:

well because when we mass-claim there are probably going to be a few counter-claims and that's the only place scum can hide

it gives it a good 50% chance rather than a 1 in 10 chance, or however many players are in the game, to find scum

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Not sure how the math on mass-claiming vs not claiming works out, esp since we know the scum all have fake-claims

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im okay with massclaiming

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm claiming stump.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know how I feel about mass claiming when we're dealing with a possible two busdriver setup, it seems like it's gonna be really hard to verify night actions, even if its just one busdriver and one fakeclaim as a busdriver. I'm not really sure it buys us any kind of advantage. I keep crunching the numbers in my head on the number of roles we can actually verify and it doesn't seem good to me at this point in the game.

HiipFire posted:

im okay with massclaiming

Why? Ernie hasn't gone into a lot of detail as to the benefit of it, but at least he ostensibly hasn't read the OP. As someone who presumably HAS read the game set up, what makes mass claiming a good idea in your opinion?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Guys MC Eating Disorder left their burn book at the table after lunch and it says a lot of nasty things about all of you.

You should vote accordingly.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
CCKeane is either the world's most obvious jester or pushing a scum gambit pretending to be the world's most obvious jester.

I'm kind of ok with lynching him either way.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Like, I kind of don't want to hand him a jester victory because his jester game is weak as gently caress but he's never going to be an asset to town, and on the off chance he's scum then we lynched a scum so that's p cool.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Winged Orpheus posted:

CCKeane is either the world's most obvious jester or pushing a scum gambit pretending to be the world's most obvious jester.

I'm kind of ok with lynching him either way.

This is scummy because town would advocate for a vig kill.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CCKeane posted:

This is scummy because town would advocate for a vig kill.

You may notice that the vig has already vigged.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

You may notice that the vig has already vigged.

i think keane knows that

okay im going to read the OP and come back with the ideal ~strategy~ for this game

hold on to your pants, folks

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay i get it, we don't have the whole set of roles in the game, but we can easily tell when something impossible is in the game (due to the no-repeats rule)

it would take a bad scum fake-claim (which they're already warned against) for a mass-claim to work

keane's play is consistent with jester, i guess, which is amazing because he's the most fun person for that role

Winged Orpheus posted:

Like, I kind of don't want to hand him a jester victory because his jester game is weak as gently caress but he's never going to be an asset to town, and on the off chance he's scum then we lynched a scum so that's p cool.

if keane was scum doing this the real jester would go 'i'm counter-claiming keane, but you have to lunch me tomorrow' - a bargain with town like that is actually the quickest way for a jester win

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

I guess I should move my vote, someone please claim scum or I'll just have to ##vote Hiip

this is an awkward post, it feels like monacle is just aping gulag's strategy this game

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Meanwhile I kind of like Mornacle on a gut feeling for now. Just very eager to vote someone else without a good argument, seems better to just unvote as town imo

##vote mornacle

hmm

why is gulag not also suspicious to you for this very reason?

HiipFire posted:

>:[

Winged Orpheus posted:

##vote GulagDolls

Why have you left your vote here? You're confirmed town, get your opinions out because we may not have a doctor/bus driver.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am neither jester nor scum, just misunderstood town.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ernie. posted:

if keane was scum doing this the real jester would go 'i'm counter-claiming keane, but you have to lunch me tomorrow' - a bargain with town like that is actually the quickest way for a jester win

Actually, the real jester would (or should) say "lunch me today and I'll use my death-vig to kill Keane"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Actually, the real jester would (or should) say "lunch me today and I'll use my death-vig to kill Keane"

you caught me, i was too lazy to actually read the role pms

• Locked thread