Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
setup is completely open and in OP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

setup is completely open and in OP!!!

I know but I really wanted a vig, just give me a vig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

CapitalistPig posted:

You now have a firearm.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
-no truth or dare encryption toxxing etc

can someone clarify this rule for me because i've never really heard of this before

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
1) there was a dumb metagame that may have involved me where mafia players would always be truthful in truth or dare, so there was a phase where mafia games were ruined by games of truth or dare
2) sometimes people started games by posting an encrypted note with their role so they could post the key later, it went against the spirit of mafia
3) people would use toxx clause to show they were town ie BAN ME FROM SA IF IM REALLY SCUM etc

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Standard_mafia_rules#Encryption

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh ok I thought it was referring to one thing rather than three separate things that makes more sense

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am death miller jester.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Oh hey this game started and I am in it.

Did anyone claim double reverse death miller lynchbomb executioner cop yet?

I hope not because that is my role

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Winged Orpheus posted:

##vote:Winged Orpheus

Scum post.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Winged Orpheus posted:

Counterclaiming double reverse death miller lynchbomb executioner cop, Orpheus is scum ##vote Winged Orpheus

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Double secret triple counterclaimed.

##vote CCKeane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Winged Orpheus posted:

##vote CCKeane

Look at this scummy vote.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Winged Orpheus (2): CCKeane, Mornacale
CapitalistPig (2): GulagDolls, HiipFire, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, HiipFire, HiipFire
CCKeane (1): Winged Orpheus

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, Ernie., MC Eating Disorder

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Winged Orpheus posted:

##vote CCKeane

##vote winger orpheus this guy....freaking sucks.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote wing personman

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Well apparently I'm getting lynched day1 so lets just shoot the scummiest vote before that happens

##kill: CapitalistPig

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
coinflip between cpig and gdolls, really.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no way Cpig was the better choice there for that kill but well lets see how that pans out

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
though to be fair my opinion might be tainted by the fact that I'm a big fan of keeping Cpig cause he's fun and I'll be sorry to see him go :(

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

PEW PEW PEW

CapitalistPig, ??? is dead

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote GulagDolls

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sure.

##vote GulagDolls

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CPig, Town Bus Driver, has been shot

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm like 90% Keane is the jester.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Winged Orpheus posted:

I'm the game master.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Winged Orpheus posted:

This would explain why they're being so annoying this game but that would also be a pretty good scum tactic in a game with a jester AND an executor

Meanwhile I still am not sure I can make a good scumvote without Cpig flipping

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

also you got one pal :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MC Eating Disorder posted:

This would explain why they're being so annoying this game but that would also be a pretty good scum tactic in a game with a jester AND an executor

Meanwhile I still am not sure I can make a good scumvote without Cpig flipping

I can.

##vote MC Eating Disorder

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I guess I should move my vote, someone please claim scum or I'll just have to ##vote Hiip

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CCKeane posted:

I can.

##vote MC Eating Disorder

I said a GOOD scumvote

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile I kind of like Mornacle on a gut feeling for now. Just very eager to vote someone else without a good argument, seems better to just unvote as town imo

##vote mornacle

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Meanwhile I kind of like Mornacle on a gut feeling for now. Just very eager to vote someone else without a good argument, seems better to just unvote as town imo

##vote mornacle

Someone needs to make an alias or else you need to spell my name right.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh whoops, sorry dude, resolved it in votefinder

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Winged Orpheus posted:

Well apparently I'm getting lynched day1 so lets just shoot the scummiest vote before that happens

##kill: CapitalistPig

:argh:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

oh whoops, sorry dude, resolved it in votefinder

This is obviously not apropos of this game, but how? I tried to put it in right after I registered my Votefinder account but I couldn't find a thing to click.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Whenever there's a floating vote in votefinder that it can't assign to a player, it'll ask whoever the next person (possibly attached to the vote in someway but I'm not certain about that) who accesses the game information to resolve it. I'm pretty sure I've done this for votes that weren't attached to me but i'm not 100% on that. Once you click on the game it comes up with a drop down menu and the text that votefinder is having trouble parsing and you choose who the text is meant to refer to

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

wingman is confirmed town. and confirmed fail. ##vote mornacale now we kill thi s guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Whenever there's a floating vote in votefinder that it can't assign to a player, it'll ask whoever the next person (possibly attached to the vote in someway but I'm not certain about that) who accesses the game information to resolve it. I'm pretty sure I've done this for votes that weren't attached to me but i'm not 100% on that. Once you click on the game it comes up with a drop down menu and the text that votefinder is having trouble parsing and you choose who the text is meant to refer to

Oh, okay, so you can't pre-emptively add an alias?

Anyway, you're right that I should add content. Here's a thought I have thought: would it be worthwhile at all to ask the Executioner to claim in order to get a confirmed townie out of it? Obviously we'd have to agree to help them win with us, if possible. So the question is, is narrowing down our options today worth agreeing to definitely kill a non-scum later? Would it be reasonably likely that the scum would kill the Executioner target (since they're already basically confirmed) and thus change the Executioner into a Jester, and thus we wouldn't have to cuddle a known townie to hold up our end of the bargain? If so, does that change the analysis? My gut says it's not worth it to make that dunk, and therefore the Executioner shouldn't trust us, and therefore it wouldn't be helpful to make the offer/request, but what do you all think?

• Locked thread