Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Authorman posted:

It's still way too far out to plot out a mania match, especially between two part timers that isn't going to be the main event nor a belt match. No one's going to remember this boring stall promo on a year. Sting was only first teased near summerslam and his showing up was somewhat of a big deal. Rock headlined mania three of the past five years. He's basically just another Jericho or Rvd at this point, although with a much more successful second career.

I can't imagine that rock hhh is their final goal with the rock this upcoming year. Who the gently caress cares about that, they fought plenty of times.

If they can actually get Ronda to be his partner in a mixed tag match against HHH and Steph (and Dave thinks it's a good possibility), that's by far the biggest main event match they could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I still don't get why Sting's mortal enemies came out to help Sting.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Under the vegetable posted:

One of the most enduring WWE things is "all legends are friends".

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Nash actually makes perfect sense at least, people forget that Sting was an nWo member although aligned against Hall and Hogan. That's minor imo compared to Sting shaking HHH's hand after having no respect for him going in and only losing thanks to massive bullshit.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Thauros posted:

Nash actually makes perfect sense at least, people forget that Sting was an nWo member although aligned against Hall and Hogan. That's minor imo compared to Sting shaking HHH's hand after having no respect for him going in and only losing thanks to massive bullshit.

That was the dumbest part for me. It's like if you just did one-on-one then fine. But you didn't, you lost to a guy who had to use a weapon against you and call on all his friends so he could cheat. Why are you shaking hands with the guy who screwed you?

Well of course because it's a meta-narrative of WCW vs WWE. We'll screw you, but eventually you'll just shake hands with us and thank us for it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Thauros posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

If this music started playing and the nWo red and black came out with like Konnan hobbling down on his cane I would have marked like a child, but as it is I was just confused and waiting for them to betray Sting.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

If this music started playing and the nWo red and black came out with like Konnan hobbling down on his cane I would have marked like a child, but as it is I was just confused and waiting for them to betray Sting.

During the handshake, the nWo was standing behind Sting and the entire time I was like "OH HERE IT COMES, THEY'RE GONNA HIT HIM FROM BEHIND!" Then they didn't and I got kinda sad.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are you serious? Roman didn't look strong? How drunk were you during Mania?

Roman looked fantastic to me during that match, and I have a lot of the same problems with his recent 'push' that a lot of other people here do.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, that would've admittedly been cooler. Unfortunately Savage is dead, Konnan's booking the second biggest promotion on the continent, and Luger from what I've heard makes Hall look like the picture of perfect health. :smith:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
It's fitting that two former Minnesota Vikings managed to lose at the biggest event of the year.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Sting/HHH was such an overbooked clusterfuck that the finish didn't even matter. Sting lost after a ton of intererence, including a HBK Super Kick and a sledgehammer. Dude didn't exactly lose clean.

Fun match though

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I am loving astounded that over the course of like a year or so, Scott Hall has gone from being 300 pounds of wheelchair bound blubber hanging on to life by nothing but God's spiteful laughter to being able to take a backdrop to the floor at Wrestlemania. They should have grabbed DDP and impromptu put him in the Hall of Fame right there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh dope posted:

It's fitting that two former Minnesota Vikings managed to lose at the biggest event of the year.

Hahaha

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

I would of actually preferred if Lex came down but I don't think it would of worked for the mainstream audience

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

oh dope posted:

Nice, I read that guy's tweet last night too.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

neonbregna posted:

I would of actually preferred if Lex came down but I don't think it would of worked for the mainstream audience

Pretty positive he's out of the chair nowadays.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I really enjoyed that Mania, didn't get to see it live and feel so glad I have the network.

I don't see the point in Big Show winning the battle royal if you're not going to use it to build someone up then just don't have it at all.

I'm interested to see what they'll do with the IC title now Bryan has it, I liked the build up to the match and wish the match itself had gone on longer. It was funny to watch everyone fly out of the ring at the beginning and I thought the match settled down really well.

I thought the match itself was pretty good but that curb stomp into an ROK ending was a thing of beauty.

The Sting/HHH match was much better than I thought it was going to be though HHH's entrance was awful. HHH taking a backdrop over the ropes and onto the floor, Hall managing to get down to the ring and take a bump was great and Nash not tearing his quad.

Wasn't expecting much from the divas match but it was good there were some great moves executed and it deserved more of the crowd’s attention.

Thought Rusev/Cena was good, I have to start watching more RAW and Smackdown because I haven't seen enough of Rusev and he can really wrestle. Loved Cena's stunner from the second rope.

The Triple H/Rock segment was pretty good I still think Steph is one of the best heels the WWE has "OK we get it you're happy to see him."

I couldn't get into the Taker/Wyatt match. The build hasn't been that good and since the streak has gone he can't be a zombie who rises once a year and beats fools who think they can take the streak. I thought it was a good chance for Taker to pass the torch with Wyatt winning and replacing Takers character, the lantern is a good replacement for the urn.

Good main event but man people really do not like Reigns. Really liked the ending though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Thauros posted:

Sting Rule #1 is that Sting must always look like an idiot.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

A Lamer posted:

How could you forget Randal's strongest RKO of all time?
Or all of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsFVbOhvFfc

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Now to see if reigns starts crying in all his promos

Reigns is gonna eat a hot dog off the floor.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Authorman posted:

I can't imagine that rock hhh is their final goal with the rock this upcoming year. Who the gently caress cares about that, they fought plenty of times.

Their last one on one match on PPV was the Iron man Match. Which I had to look up because that didn't seem right, but it has been 15 years and they have a hell of a history to draw on. Seem like a big money Wrestlemania match to me. Althouh I'd prefer Brock and Rock myself.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought the laughing was kinda stupid and would have preferred him to have just been a stoic badass. I don't think it really fit with what they've done to him up to this point. His whole "I can and I will" poo poo should have just had him standing up and staring in his face and honestly going more toe to toe with him rather than ragdolled for most of the match then doing a comeback spot. Yeah, I understand the basic babyface formula but Roman shouldn't be the basic babyface. He looks like he is supposed to be an asskicker and that he should be the only one that can stand up to Lesnar on an even level and him getting wrecked up for most of it just made him look like a chump with the gigglefits. It is ironic considering the standard "Gotta make Roman look strong!" joke, but I really don't think he looked strong enough. Resilient I guess, but still thought offensively he needed more

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Brock should at all times look like an insurmountable beast, even in defeat.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MotU posted:

I thought the laughing was kinda stupid and would have preferred him to have just been a stoic badass. I don't think it really fit with what they've done to him up to this point. His whole "I can and I will" poo poo should have just had him standing up and staring in his face and honestly going more toe to toe with him rather than ragdolled for most of the match then doing a comeback spot. Yeah, I understand the basic babyface formula but Roman shouldn't be the basic babyface. He looks like he is supposed to be an asskicker and that he should be the only one that can stand up to Lesnar on an even level and him getting wrecked up for most of it just made him look like a chump with the gigglefits. It is ironic considering the standard "Gotta make Roman look strong!" joke, but I really don't think he looked strong enough. Resilient I guess, but still thought offensively he needed more

The laughing worked for me because it didn't seem like Roman was being cocky, instead it seemed more like 'I can't believe I'm still in this'. It reads to me more like Roman realising 'Holy poo poo, he's as strong as they say'. This ties in to his reactions later when he's giving the big punches and realises that he might knock him down.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Also why is taker still wrestling
the wwe has such a low opinion of its own talent that it feels the need to rely on played out, over saturated wrestlers who are passed their time rather than trying to pretend that they give a poo poo about anyone they hired in the last decade

cams
Mar 28, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

wrestling is not actually real so to "look strong" you have to show that you are at all capable of being a good performer. roman reigns failed to do that in any capacity. if he were replaced with a crash test dummy, the main event of wrestlemania would have played out almost exactly the same, save for the two minutes where his "character" was booked to look like it was having the stereotypical hulk hogan style comeback that no wrestling fan likes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reigns did really well in the WM main event

Some of y'all need to watch more really bad wrestling if you think that just anyone could have sold that match like Reigns did.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

St Evan Echoes posted:

Some of y'all need to watch more really bad wrestling if you think that just anyone could have sold that match like Reigns did.
fair point, no one else could have sold getting tossed around like a rag doll and then laughing about it like roman reigns

in ring psychology

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

I mentioned it earlier, but all Wrestlemania and Fastlane showed me is that Reigns is carryable. Which is fine, but that's not what makes me get into a main eventer/potential champion. When he takes control of the match, he isn't convincing. He can take a hard hit and then kick out at the right time, but unless he's against a top-tier worker like Bryan or Lesnar, his singles matches haven't exactly been stellar. He's passable, not must-see.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Taker should have gone under for Wyatt to take his place. Everything else on the show was great, but that one match feels like a wasted opportunity to push the poo poo out of Bray. Not like that isn't a new thing with how they've booked him

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I actually enjoyed Wyatt/Taker, but gently caress, Wyatt is just done, at least as a heel. :(

His only hope is that they turn him face somehow. I feel like most fans really want to like him, it's just hard to care when all he does is lose important matches and ramble about the same old poo poo.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Sting losing to HHH is unforgivable I don't care how much interference there was. The whole match was basically Vince stroking himself while burying the last bit of WCW. The only reason the NWO came out to help Sting was so that DX could "beat" the NWO. Congrats Vince you won, hope your lovely WWE movies start making bank because pro wrestling is as good as dead.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Sting losing to HHH is unforgivable I don't care how much interference there was. The whole match was basically Vince stroking himself while burying the last bit of WCW. The only reason the NWO came out to help Sting was so that DX could "beat" the NWO. Congrats Vince you won, hope your lovely WWE movies start making bank because pro wrestling is as good as dead.

Someone said it felt like "Wrestling isn't Wrestling" in a match, and it DID. Sting was about to beat Triple H and then his putties ran in, and then when they were dealt with he got Shawn Michaels to run in, and then he got a sledge hammer, and he basically cheated his rear end off to get the win and in his mind, he was like "I am the warrior god king rear end kicker"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Onmi posted:

Someone said it felt like "Wrestling isn't Wrestling" in a match, and it DID. Sting was about to beat Triple H and then his putties ran in, and then when they were dealt with he got Shawn Michaels to run in, and then he got a sledge hammer, and he basically cheated his rear end off to get the win and in his mind, he was like "I am the warrior god king rear end kicker"

Yeah, I felt it was the perfect encapsulation of the Triple H character, in that regard.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Onmi posted:

This match would have been great at the Rumble as a lead up to their Mania match. As a Mania match though it sucked. Sting should have won, and honestly the cheating and muddled finish just seemed like something that the WWE threw in so Sting would do the job for HHH. The Mania match should have been one on one, and ended with HHH taping to the scorpion death lock. If you wanna get the win back later fine, but don't bring in Sting build him up then turn the whole mess into WWE vs WCW with HHH comming out on top.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

This match would have been great at the Rumble as a lead up to their Mania match. As a Mania match though it sucked. Sting should have won, and honestly the cheating and muddled finish just seemed like something that the WWE threw in so Sting would do the job for HHH. The Mania match should have been one on one, and ended with HHH taping to the scorpion death lock. If you wanna get the win back later fine, but don't bring in Sting build him up then turn the whole mess into WWE vs WCW with HHH comming out on top.

Look, the story behind it was dumb, but Trips is gong on to face Rock at Mania 32. If He's having a match and Sting doesn't even know if he's having a match, Trips should win. And this is someone who thinks Sting should have won, until they brought Rocky out. The way the story leading to the match though, Sting should have won. Now GRANTED, I think Sting Rock would draw more than Trips Rock probably.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I just thought the HHH/Sting match was more of the clique + friends forming an unbroken circle created by them all sucking each others' dicks for 20 minutes

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Onmi posted:

Max Landis actually made a tweet about the match. He made it sound like he was at HQ working with creative on that one or something.

Probably a joke.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
If HHH beating Sting made you upset and mad at HHH then...well, mission accomplished. Good stuff.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Shoehead posted:

Taker should have gone under for Wyatt to take his place. Everything else on the show was great, but that one match feels like a wasted opportunity to push the poo poo out of Bray. Not like that isn't a new thing with how they've booked him

wyatt should have taken taker's soul and ref be like, "that's a DQ" that way taker still wins and wyatt gets what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
All I saw on Sunday was a fat guy who could make scarecrows dance job to The Phenom. I don't think Bray has a future if all he's going to do is keep cutting boring ten minute promos in dark rooms and then putting on average fat person matches.

Either give him back Harper and Rowan, make him do something interesting and turn him face or kick him to the curb.

• Locked thread