Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WRESTLEMANIA 31 RESULTS

WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Cesaro © & Tyson Kidd © def. Kofi Kingston & Big E, Diego & Fernando, and Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso

ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYAL
Big Show wins!!!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP LADDER MATCH
Daniel Bryan def. Bad News Barrett ©, R-Truth, Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper, Dolph Ziggler & Stardust

GRUDGE MATCH
Randy Orton def. Seth Rollins (Best RKO Ever)

NO DQ MATCH
Triple H def. Sting

DIVA TAG MATCH
AJ Lee & Paige def. Brie Bella & Nikki Bella

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
John Cena def. Rusev ©

GOTH VS. SWAMP GOTH
The Undertaker def. Bray Wyatt

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Seth Rollins def. Brock Lesnar © & Roman Reigns (Cash in!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Let's go Rollins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Good poo poo.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Rollins is great. Bless Rollins.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Raw tomorrow will be good

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I just want to say Brock Lesnar is an insanely special talent and showed why blood can be loving awesome in matches. Imagine that Reigns comeback without blood pouring down his face. Not nearly as believable.

His selling was loving perfect, also.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I didn't watch mania but here's my two cents on the recap:

-Thank you Rollins.
-I can't stop laughing about Wyatt losing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't watch nearly as much as I used to but I watched Wrestlemania and it was really good, better than last year's which was also good.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
SUPLEX CITY BITCH

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Really the best possible result. Take the belt off the part-time champ while still having Brock look like a monster and save us from a Reigns title run. And everyone ends up pissed at Seth, who is awesome.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Seth Rollins saved wrestling.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
RUSEV IN A TANK was the best moment.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That is about the only good way to resolve that main event.

Wrestlemania was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
BEST WRESTLEMANIA HIGHLIGHTS 2015:
- Main event
- Ronda Rousey's Vegeta shirt
- Twitter
- That RKO
- Rusev entrance
- Triple H entrance
- Undertaker did the sit up (I will mark for this 100% of the time)
- is Dean Ambrose dead now?
- Piss

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I still can't believe it

The most perfectly-booked match of the night, if not the company's whole year, was the match everybody dreaded for the last 4 or 5 months

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Cyron posted:

Seth Rollins saved wrestling.

The very long plan.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I just want to say Brock Lesnar is an insanely special talent and showed why blood can be loving awesome in matches. Imagine that Reigns comeback without blood pouring down his face. Not nearly as believable.

His selling was loving perfect, also.

he is very good, but the guy with the avatar of him i wish would not post.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

theultimo posted:

RUSEV IN A TANK was the best moment.

I was racing to get Chinese food for Goog & I so I missed the Tank but was able to see the other half of his entrance.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Also RIP Rusev. Streak broken by Cena.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I don't watch nearly as much as I used to but I watched Wrestlemania and it was really good, better than last year's which was also good.

High praise considering WM30 is considered one of the best manias of all.

WM 31 was fun, best way to describe it. For the most part I wasn't bored and I had a big goofy smile on my face for most of it. Also I loved the main, easily one of my favorite mains ever.

Also please lose the belt soon Bryan.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I honestly wonder who came up with that finish. I absolutely did not see that coming. I had a great time watching tonight. Some downsides, but overall it was worthy of a WrestleMania™ experience. Had a lot of fun!

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Brock Lesnar is cool because he legit kills people and gets crowds to count his suplexes

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It seems crazy that they've managed to have two really good wrestlemanias in a row against expectations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Striking Yak posted:

BEST WRESTLEMANIA HIGHLIGHTS 2015:
- Main event
- Ronda Rousey's Vegeta shirt
- Twitter
- That RKO
- Rusev entrance
- Triple H entrance
- Undertaker did the sit up (I will mark for this 100% of the time)
- is Dean Ambrose dead now?
- Piss

-Flair chopping Steamboat just out of sheer muscle memory during the backstage interview
-Rollins becoming the new Edge

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

I honestly wonder who came up with that finish. I absolutely did not see that coming.

I watched it with a chat and we all agreed we all saw the Rollins' cash in coming AFTER the match.

It happening during the match threw us all off and was perfect.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Heres what I think:

- Tag match: I was driving and missed this except for the end but it seemed cool I'm glad Kiddsaro won
- Battle royal: Man should've just given it to Mizdow, Big Show seriously? boo
- IC title: met the hype and had a lot of cool spots. Bryan winning was expected but welcome. Ambrose was this year's Shelton Benjamin.
- Orton/Rollins: Passable match elevated by a grade A ending
- Triple H/Sting: when the commentators kept putting over this as a WCW/WWE thing even during the match it began to dawn on me Trips might win, and lol he did. It was a lot of fun to get there though. I thought Trips' entrance fell a bit more on the ridiculous side than the fun side.
- Divas: it was fine
- Concerts: I don't like concerts on wrestlemania boo
- Cena/Rusev: kind of the inverse of Rollins/Orton where it was a pretty darn good match and a bleh ending. I'm not objecting to Cena winning that's completely fine, just didn't feel Wrestlemania-y to me. Rusev's entrance was the right kind of ridiculous and was my favorite.
- Rock & Rousey: a wee bit too long and I wish Rousey did a bit more, but overall very cool and a nice moment.
- Undertaker/Wyatt: I'm gonna be that wet blanket guy and say that Wyatt continuing to make big proclamations and coming up short is hurting a character that they really should be running with. Taker looked pretty good though so they probably have more plans in mind for him. Match was decent.
- Reigns/Lesnar: excellently booked, Reigns has good matches when he doesn't do much. Rollins has consistently been a highlight the past year and firmly deserves this, and did so while getting Reigns a bit of sympathy/legitimacy and Brock still hasn't been pinned since he became a monster. Crowd reactions also made it fun. They really pulled this off, but hilariously it's because they couldn't tell the story they wanted to in the first place.

Overall this was a pretty good WrestleMania! Given it had the potential to suck my hat's off to WWE.

edit: I don't think this was better than last year's but I really loved last year's

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I watched it with a chat and we all agreed we all saw the Rollins' cash in coming AFTER the match.

It happening during the match threw us all off and was perfect.
I heard his music and it still took me several seconds to put together it was Rollins' music and what was going on

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
I kinda liked Roman smiling at the start of the match. Like he was happy for the challenge even if there was no way he could overcome it. He could've looked strong just taking a beating and still getting up, even without much offence.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Go back to NXT, Roman Reigns.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reigns was annoying as hell but everything else in that match was good and the whole PPV was really good

As soon as Cena won and went into the front row we all saw Rock's mom though which was extremely fail

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

from 3 years ago

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/186716461987938304

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Was the Bray/Taker match good? Did it seem close? I'm rather bummed to see he lost.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

I love that they had to cut away to the only two people in the world sad about that happening.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Oh and this is weird but I loved the pop for Rollins winning. There was somehow a tone of "I can't believe this is how this ends" mixed with general jubilation. It owned.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That main event was awesome and violent as poo poo and had an ending I didn't expect and still loved.

Perfect pro wrestling in other words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TEGGS posted:

Was the Bray/Taker match good? Did it seem close? I'm rather bummed to see he lost.

It was a completely pointless match

• Locked thread