Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

zakharov posted:

Honest question, I haven't watched much until relatively recently, but doesn't Rollins fit the bill?
Of course but I mean before him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zakharov posted:

"A hot dog is a sandwich." -Roman Reigns

what the gently caress

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Valeyard posted:

He's gonna lose to Cena, when he unifies the belts

That doesn't prevent the other things from happening.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I really wonder what's going to happen if they do the no build parity booking nonsense with Bryan. It probably will happen, but I wonder given how much the crowd is behind him what the end result will be.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beggar posted:

Most of the Reigns resentment came from the booking and writing, so tonight when the booking makes sense and he's not reading a script, Reigns looks good.

Nobody besides jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot were angry at Reigns himself, just the way he was portrayed

Yes but even then I personally believe the anti-Roman people undersold his abilities or more notably his potential too much. I've been saying the whole time he shouldn't be in the main event yet, but the dude clearly has huge potential when he's not overly hamstrung by bullshit (which I realize is basically all of WWE). He needs time to get better and some good feuds but I honestly think the guy has huge upside.

Also I'm gonna say it: I think this worked better than Bryan winning the title off Brock would've. It's insane to type but I honestly believe that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So was that the best RKO spot ever or what?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I did not like the majority of this Wrestlemania. Exploitative use of 9/11 imagery just to pathetically try to get smark central to like John Cena. Cena not only breaks Rusev's streak, but breaks the Accolade as well. Way to put the young guy over. HHH beats Sting in quite possibly the worst loving match I have ever loving seen. There was no young guy to put over, so the entire retirement center came out to dance around in ring. Kinda sick of seeing Shawn Michaels in the ring every Wrestlemania after his retirement. Orton/Rollins had Orton win, which I was fine with since it kept the briefcase in play. It was a good match, considering it had to follow a crazy rear end ladder match opener. Pleased with Bryan winning, but the belt will only look as good as the reign the WWE gives him. Taker/Bray just depressed me, cause while it's great to have a Taker that doesn't look a cancer victim anymore, I don't know what the gently caress to do about Bray moving forward. The match itself was pretty good, considering. No opinion on the Divas match aside from that it happened and it wasn't horrible.

Finally, I'm happy with the main event. Reigns lives to be DA CHAMP another day, Brock looks like a loving monster still, and Rollins is one glorious bastard.

Still, I think I hated Sting/HHH so much it's ruining the whole loving show.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I'm having a hard time thinking of the last time WWE had a conniving sneaky heel at all. Usually its just pricks who lose a lot, or last year pricks who beat Daniel Bryan with the help of corporate owner heels

Edge. Maybe not sneaky though.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Like it is cool classic booking to have a dude who gets beat in a straight match but uses lackeys and DQs and tricks to worm his way into title reigns and then takes a long time to get his comeuppance. I have no idea why they don't use it as often

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Geoff Peterson posted:

So you watched the terrible rumble and saw two monster heels clean the ring through brute force.... which is totally a cowardly heel move.
And then you watched unpinned 80s stereotype badguy Rusev not eat a pin for months. Like a little pansy.
And that was after the Shield's Heelish beginnings in which they wrecked all the faces on the roster. The hounds of betaness.
And that was around the same time as the Wyatt family asskickings.

But you're right. I can't think of the last time a major heel act was anything besides a cowardly heel. Has there been one this decade?

And since this is like the tenth time you've posted something along these lines tonight: The WWE doesn't care about you. They don't dislike you, they don't not want you as a fan. They don't desperately seek your personal business. You are utterly inconsequential. Stop thinking that Stamford gives the slightest gently caress about you. Also the hugbox thing is kinda dumb and lovely. Maybe don't? Sheeple is way more fun anyway, and an easier way for everyone to tell that you love being edgy.

- the entire authority are chickenshit heels who cant accomplish anything with backup and stacking the numbers game
- actually forgot about rusev, you're right there. My bad.
- they were a neutral heelish faction designed to be tweeners and to get over as badasses
- wyatt was always a tweener and not a full heel until the cena feud when the family started to pull the chickenshit nonsense

Yes I understand that the wwe is not out to actually make me upset as I am not a small child.

Also, watch out where you're tossing those mega intense burns. You could hurt someone.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Mods please change my name to SUPLEX CITY BITCH

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Of course but I mean before him
The Rated R superstar EDGE, the original Mr. Money in the Bank. Rollins is like the newer more fliptastic Edge, also more bearded. In other words the best possible wrestler.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Rhonne posted:

I liked the Shooting StaRKO a bit more but that was an awesome spot.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Waluigi sucks almost as much as Dan Ryckert does

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

choke on life and die

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Rhonne posted:

The one on Evan Bourne mid-SSP has been etched in stone at this point so I think people are gonna have to chew on that one for a while

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Heavy Metal posted:

The Rated R superstar EDGE, the original Mr. Money in the Bank. Rollins is like the newer more fliptastic Edge, also more bearded. In other words the best possible wrestler.

I'd say he needs a live sex celebration to really claim that title but we all got to see his dong already so yeah okay, he's the new Edge.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

choke on life and die

lotta tension between us. We should watch cyberfights or something, take the edge off.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Excited for "Road to Wrestlemania 31: The Seth Rollins Story"

We're getting that, right?

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

I don't use this one too much anymore but that is really, really gay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Dan Ryckert is cooler than you.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think it was kind of dumb that on Monday Sting said "this isn't about WCW" then Stephanie came out and said "this is about WCW isn't it" then the entire match tonight was WCW vs. WWE

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lotta tension between us. We should watch cyberfights or something, take the edge off.

I had to google cyberfights and okay sounds good

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am excited to see how they keep Brock from murdering everyone and getting his belt back.

Brock doesn't need the title so that is one storyline I look forward to.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MotU posted:

I had to google cyberfights and okay sounds good

I thought it was like CGI robots fighting and was really excited but now I am weirdly resigned to what it actually is

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

I am excited to see how they keep Brock from murdering everyone and getting his belt back.

I am excited I get to see Brock for three more years

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

Still, I think I hated Sting/HHH so much it's ruining the whole loving show.

JBLs announcing was a big guilty party here, and I don't doubt he did it cause he knew (or was told) Vince would want it.

I get Vince still holding that grudge against WCW, I do -- 15 or whatever years is really not a long time for a grudge against someone that tried their best to destroy what you spent your life building. It just doesnt work when you distill it and scream it during commentary in a match.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

I imagine electrified cattle panels would work. Just put him in a little Brock round pen off to the side of the stage.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Neodoomium posted:

Well find out at his next appearance in 3 months

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I am excited I get to see Brock for three more years

same, Brock rules :hfive:

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Rhonne posted:

YMMV, but I still prefer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f70WSKnDyb0
There were some similar Rey spots.

e: removed to let that derail loving end.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dan Rykert rules and so does Seth Rollins. I'm glad I caved in like a bitch and resubbed to the Network at the last second with foolish hopes that they might somehow salvage the tire fire the company has been for the last three months.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I imagine electrified cattle panels would work. Just put him in a little Brock round pen off to the side of the stage.

I like this idea provided they use the old Lion's Den setup and throw people like Zack Ryder and Adam Rose in there like the fuckin Rancor Pit

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

I think it was kind of dumb that on Monday Sting said "this isn't about WCW" then Stephanie came out and said "this is about WCW isn't it" then the entire match tonight was WCW vs. WWE

Wasn't the whole point of the NWO was that they were anti-WCW?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Benne posted:

Did Nash really tear his quad again because that would've been a perfect capper to the weekend

Nash faked a quad tear just to gently caress with people watching.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

TheJoker138 posted:

Dan Rykert rules and so does Seth Rollins. I'm glad I caved in like a bitch and resubbed to the Network at the last second with foolish hopes that they might somehow salvage the tire fire the company has been for the last three months.

get ready for an awesome raw and then back to the weekly slog, pal

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Suplex City has the best Superkick Parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

TheJoker138 posted:

I still have no hope for the long term but at least there was tonight. God bless you, Seth Rollins.

• Locked thread