Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The role I always associate Jason Spisak with is Vulpes Inculta from Fallout New Vegas. I'm always kinda surprised when I'm reminded that he doesn't usually do sadistic bad guys since he has such a distinct voice for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Clarste posted:

I don't know why people in this thread seem to have been thinking of her as "the nice one". If religion is evil, then the religious extremists are the craziest.

There's always a Nice One in these evil families, and it's almost always the only woman of the group. People have been doing incredibly well at predicting the plot based on cliches so far.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

SSNeoman posted:

It's the shoes and the whip for me. That stone texture looks so wrong.

Oh God it's not just me. The whip and shield just feels so wrong to look at.

mycot fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 12, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, this is what Cake Attack must have been misremembering. It's...not really less ridiculous in actuality.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

SSNeoman posted:

He's a crotchety old dude who basically publicly complains about everything (he at one point compared smartphones to masturbation IIRC)

That's not really fair, he had these opinions when he was young dude too. He was complaining about fanservice and female characters that exist to pander to the audience since the 90s.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Tae posted:

So to answer the long-awaited question, the reason why Aliasse has a whip as her weapon style is because she was originally a bondage queen pair, but they ran out of time.

Ahahahahahahahaha. I tried avoiding commenting on the character designs because it doesn't contribute much but. Ahaha.

On a different note Juliana's Valkyria design is bad in a different way from the rest of the game. It just looked like she was covered in a massive puffy jacket in the cutscene.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I was flipflopping on whether Mr. New Game Plus would be Leon or not. Mostly on whether the game would ignore the paradox of fighting Dirk. I guess this is close enough?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

quote:

Baldren's really not a bad guy, per se, it was just unfortunate how things turned out

WHAT. Did they get him mixed up with another jrpg villain?

Congrats for finishing this LP! You were really consistent on the updates, and you really showed off this game. For what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

SSNeoman posted:

Why did Leon become "Dirk Gassenaharl"? Was that ever explained?

Anyway, great job on the LP, Tae. This was a thing alright.

It's such a little thing considering everything but that was bugging the hell out of me too, especially since passing off your newly acquired supersoldier as your son seems like the most conspicuous cover story ever.

• Locked thread