Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Make a nice caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons. It's easy, way delicious, and you can make it all a day ahead and toss at dinner. I like this recipe, the dressing is pretty drat delicious http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/10/ask-the-food-lab-caesar-salad-recipe.html

Also how about some fruit salad or something? Everything you're making seems pretty heavy. A citrus salad can be a little fancier and is really pretty, just peel and slice some oranges, pink grapefruit, and blood oranges, then top with a honey and cinnamon syrup and pomegranate seeds. Really pretty and easy, can make it a day ahead as well.

As for us, we don't really do anything for Easter. So it'll probably be a pitcher of bloodies, some smoked salmon, bagels and fixings, maybe a ham or some kind of breakfasty thing, and some polish sausage because my grandma always used to make polish sausage on Easter and it's just a thing I need now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mindphlux posted:

apparently my parents completely ruined this potentially great eating occasion for me.

we'd go to out to brunch on easter - usually at some hotel and there would be a giant buffet with steaks and lobster and mussels and stuff - but never really a dinner with traditional dishes like ham or roast turkey or anything.

now I'm grown and a heathen and I honestly didn't even realize easter was happening until seeing this thread. my life...

My family was the same way, Easter wasn't really a food thing. We'd go to my grandparent's place, but they were terrible cooks so we'd have cold ham and green cake made with pistachio pudding mix. When I was older we'd go out to a brunch buffet somewhere. That's about it. You're not the only one.

• Locked thread