Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Ahh, Axelay. An unexpectedly good game. I still listen to the soundtrack from time to time.

One of the bay weapons is a carpet-bomb attack, and it comes in handy in the water level, if I recall correctly. Lots of attacks from below you on that level. I can't remember what happens if you take it into one of the vertically-scrolling levels though.

And yeah, the Round Vulcan is crazy good. Ranger-X (a Genesis platforming game) has a vaguely-similar weapon: it shoots in a circle around you until it hits an enemy, and then it locks onto that enemy and fires directly at it until it dies. Being a platformer, there are fewer enemies on-screen at a time, so it's not really needed for crowd-control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread