Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i've never played a star fox game, unless you count the minigames in warioware smooth moves and bayonetta 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

star fox hasnt been good since 64

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't believe that Star Fox 3d still has slowdown in Aquas. Also Zoness looks crazy in this version.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't believe that Star Fox 3d still has slowdown in Aquas.
either I didn't notice slowdown as a kid or it's actually far worse than before

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i refuse to believe that there are people who unironically like star fox adventures

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I played and completed Starfox Adventures.
In my defense I had nothing but a GameCube (and a shared internet-less computer) that entire summer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I rented and beat Starfox Adventures over a weekend even though I didn't enjoy it because I was a teenager with no life and I wanted to get my money's worth

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

star fox adventures actual ending:

robot on ship - FOX I AM DETECTING YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE IS RISING IN THE PRESENCE OF KRYSTAL, ARE YOU OKAY?

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

either I didn't notice slowdown as a kid or it's actually far worse than before

aquas on the n64 legit runs at a locked 12 fps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

aquas on the n64 legit runs at a locked 12 fps

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

slippy toad: it's beautiful!
me: i see two textures one for the ground, one for the pillars, everything is dark and janky and i think my n64 is melting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

slippy toad: it's beautiful!
me: i see two textures one for the ground, one for the pillars, everything is dark and janky and i think my n64 is melting
Wow, haha, I didn't know Starfox 64 even ran on the Xbox One!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bolverkur posted:

i refuse to believe that there are people who unironically like star fox adventures

Was starved for Zelda content in 2002, plus I was 11 years old.

That's my excuse.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

they are called furries and they want to gently caress the blue fox

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NickRoweFillea posted:

they are called furries and they want to gently caress the blue fox

sonic has nothing to do with star fox :confused:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What was command. I remember assault also being a turd but I don't I've ever even heard of command.

command was basically star fox 2 only going on for way too long and making you beat it ten times to unlock all the characters

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I remember that I passed up on Assault originally because it was a day before I knew about replica game covers.

I stumble upon replica cover sites and I'm like "oh I have to go back and buy that Starfox assault for 12 dollars" and then game is gone when i get there.

I later stumble upon the same exact used copy at a retro store for 5 dollars more than the asking price of Gamestop. I knew it was the same used copy because it was a thin DVD case with a cut out lovely cover just to make it fit into the DVD case.

I bought the game because I knew it was fate. I also purchased Darkened Skye/Outlaw Golf double pack in the same trip because it worked out to be like 3 dollars per game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no one loving cares taint

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Starfox Assault had a bunch of dumb gameplay and design decisions that made it worse than Starfox 64 that I could write whole paragraphs about, but

Looper posted:

I have a huge soft spot for the mission in the big city where you have to snipe radar jammers and then fight General Pepper in his gundam as the boss

Contra Calculus posted:

That level unironically owned.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

outside of the upcoming wii u game, the only thing star fox has going for it is nostalgia for 64. it even fails at being furry bait

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Contra Calculus posted:

Also Falco came back because he apparently left the team after Starfox 64 and his absence is never acknowledged once in the game until the very end iirc.

I also remembered it had a cover that made the game look like it would be some epic adventure with all the Star Fox characters traveling with you. Then it turns out it's Zelda-lite featuring annoying dinosaur companion.

Welp, that's my story.

That level unironically owned.

I think there was a rumor of falco going to do his own spinoff game. It never happened thank god.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Falco Le Birdi

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cyron posted:

I think there was a rumor of falco going to do his own spinoff game. It never happened thank god.
if smash 4 is to be believed he used to be in a gang, which might make for a cool game. i trust nintendo to make it good more than other companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

http://starfox64.baldninja.com/wav/fox-ahhh.wav

• Locked thread