Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

speak of the devil

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

No zelda this year tho :(

to be fair, star fox, yoshi AND zelda plus all the other goodies this year was too good to be true

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is now the nintendo direct thread, and i want updates tomorrow since ill be working

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he has a scouter and a silly cartoonish look. assault had the best character designs IMO, even if the actual game was mediocre

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

adventures had its moments, but it was mostly really loving bad

assault would have been really good if the on-foot sections played more like battlefront and less like whatever clunky piece of poo poo they came up with

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

star fox 64 is the only actual good game in the series and instead of just basically releasing more level packs of that with prettier graphics they went out of their way to introduce all kinds of retarded mechanics

assault starts off as 64 but better and then all the sudden you're on foot and you control like a tank

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nintendo was afraid of just making the same game over and over even though that's all anyone wants

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link between worlds was basically a big level pack for link to the past with better visuals and it's the best zelda i've played since majoras mask

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Minish Cap was Link to the Past with better combat, and if they hadn't hosed it up with a bunch of talky bits it would be much better remembered.

ive only ever played it on an emulator with fast forward, im just now realizing that god it did have a lot of loving text for no reason

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

Four more, I reckon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's a good number of dungeons. I think it could have used a better final dungeon than the castle. The air dungeon was cool though.

the air dungeon was really cool, so were the darknuts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, I liked the dark nuts... and the giant armored knights as well.

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im going to take a wild guess and bet that sf/sf64 was bigger in the us than in japan and that is why every sequel they made to it involved destroying it in some way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

You can switch to twin stick controls

Kinda balls that there are only three classic levels in the game though, game feels really slow too

at least the onfoot levels had air/tank sections that were really fun. the mission in the tundra where you're blowing up stuff in a tank and then switch to an arwing for a boss fight owned

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really liked adventures despite some less than fun on-foot sections

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i meant to say assault* adventures was really weird and forgettable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

star fox adventures actual ending:

robot on ship - FOX I AM DETECTING YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE IS RISING IN THE PRESENCE OF KRYSTAL, ARE YOU OKAY?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

either I didn't notice slowdown as a kid or it's actually far worse than before

aquas on the n64 legit runs at a locked 12 fps

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

slippy toad: it's beautiful!
me: i see two textures one for the ground, one for the pillars, everything is dark and janky and i think my n64 is melting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

no one loving cares taint

• Locked thread