Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That loving Sned posted:

I like the two SNES Star Fox games more than Star Fox 64.

Star Fox Command had a terrible touch-only control scheme, but it might have been decent otherwise. However, there's no forgiving that terrible new Fox design they've used in every Smash Bros game since Brawl.
What changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

he has a scouter and a silly cartoonish look. assault had the best character designs IMO, even if the actual game was mediocre
Fox isn't supposed to be cartoonish?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mabels big day posted:

the joke is it's not a big deal that they changed how he looks because he's star fox and nobody cares

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only people who give a poo poo about Star Fox design or canon are the Star Fox Adventures writing team.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Was the A-button mashing minigame that you had to do in the Dino Village legitimately broken or am I just bad at that crap, because I tried to beat that thing 5 different times over the course of about 3 years and I never could.
Never played it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lucky, that game is horrible.
Isn't it just lovely Zelda?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

nintendo was afraid of just making the same game over and over
I don't believe this for one second.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Minish Cap was Link to the Past with better combat, and if they hadn't hosed it up with a bunch of talky bits it would be much better remembered.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

ive only ever played it on an emulator with fast forward, im just now realizing that god it did have a lot of loving text for no reason
Yeah. I love it and am a huge Minish Cap apologist but holy god.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Also if it had twice as many dungeons, and if the items were better.
Yeah but imagine how many dungeons you could add if you removed all the dialogue and the stuff with the town.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

Four more, I reckon.
That's a good number of dungeons. I think it could have used a better final dungeon than the castle. The air dungeon was cool though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the air dungeon was really cool, so were the darknuts.
Yeah, I liked the dark nuts... and the giant armored knights as well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i didnt like the overworld in minish cap but thought the dungeons were very good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe they'll combine Star Fox and Metroid into one terrible shameful Nintendo failure game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

slippy toad: it's beautiful!
me: i see two textures one for the ground, one for the pillars, everything is dark and janky and i think my n64 is melting
Wow, haha, I didn't know Starfox 64 even ran on the Xbox One!

• Locked thread