Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
link to vote count for babies.
1995, Nevada, Swelter county, the town of El Dorado Population: 110.

10 years ago there was a big rear end clusterfuck that happened in El Dorado.
There was always rumors of a stolen gold shipment being hidden in El Dorado and all hell broke loose when Ronald Reagan Supermax Prison had a Huge break where nearly all the prisoners escaped.
Shortly after people started dying and communication with the outside world was cut off.The few remaining townsfolk gathered together and tried to find the escaped criminals hiding amongst themselves , and also find the stolen gold.
It was a bloody mess and few survived it, it was rumored that a pair of criminals. A boyfriend and Girlfriend team, made away with the gold right under everyone's noses.
Eventually the national guard came in and recaptured the criminals and the survivors rebuilt the town, the prison, however, was never rebuilt and got shut down.
Now some new rumors are starting to spread. A truck overturned on the highway through town and in the back was a normal load of produce headed to California. On closer inspection there were
some professionally made plates for printing 50 dollar bills. The police called in the Secret Service and by the time they got there the plates were missing and no one knew how.
So now you have the secret service trying to uncover a counterfeiting ring and recover the plates, but everyone else is looking for them too.
So now what we have is a huge clusterfuck of counterfeiters wanting their plates back, Secret Service looking for them, the townsfolk all wanting to be the one to find them and bring them to the cops, and who knows who else trying to do god knows what.

Looks like this little town is headed for another bloody mess.

Welcome to El Dorado 2: Mayhem in the Dunes.
This is a Large game for 21 players.

I have revamped the search mechanics.

There will be Search locations, like last time, but instead of the searching consisting of a town effort its everyone for themselves.

You'll have about an hour after I close the thread for the night to get me the location you are searching, or you'll be staying home.
You may find other helpful items, but ultimately , you want those plates.
The player who finds the plates will Win and be removed from the game, regardless of their alignment.
Each location will also have a doc that will open at night after I have everyone's search locations , everyone at the same location may chat in their doc at night, after each night that tab will be locked and Ill create a new tab in that doc the following night etc.
The locations are as follows
1.Sheriff's Station
2.The Old Coal Mines
3.The Desert
4.The School
5.The Hotel
6.The Krispy Kreme
7.The Park
8.The ""Hawg Wild"" Saloon

Other than that, its a normal game.

There are some non standard roles but nothing crazy.

If the game ends and no one has found the plates, then oh well. :)

THE RULES, BRIEFLY:
1.)No editing your posts.
2.)No talking OOT unless you are explicitly told you are able to do so.
3.)Don't post your role PM or any communications from me.
4.)Don't spectator-post.
5.)Don't post after dying NOT EVEN the content free go town stuff.Seriously , do not loving post after you die.
6.)Don't encrypt your posts, Toxx, or play Truth or Dare.
7.)Don't fake day actions.
8.)Don't break the spirit of these rules.
9.)No talking after the hammer, nights are closed
10.)Read the OP carefully please so you understand the changes for this game and the way it's going to work.

Deadlines will be a strict 48 hour day, 24 hour night. and will typically be around 10PM EST
"Please post, I know this sounds funny coming from me, but I am going to be much stricter on activity this game.
If you dont post at least the same amount as me+votefinder at the end of the game day you will be replaced/modkilled depending on how far into the game we are.
I'm tightening up my mod game and not talking to any of you fucks in the game thread unless its an official announcement."
PM all night actions to me.

Players:
1.)Little Mac
2.)Ernie
3.)gulagdolls
4.)Hal Incandenza
5.)Somberbrero
6.)Look Under The Rock
7.)diqnol
8.)chaoslord
9.)Samfucius
10.)WHICH WAY MADNESS
11.)Pinterest Mom
12.)Max
13.)AnonymousNarcotics
14.)wall monitor
15.)Opopanax
16.)TheRam
17.)Doug Rattman
18.)Poque
19.)Rurea
20.)Puntification
21.)PERPETUAL IDIOT

People with stars please confirm your presigns

Any Questions, comments, etc go ahead and PM me.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. chaoslord
  3. Doug RattmanEXAKT science
  4. Ernie.
  5. GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
  6. GulagDolls
  7. Hal Incandenza
  8. Little Mac
  9. Look Under The Rock
  10. Max
  11. Opopanax
  12. PERPETUAL IDIOT
  13. Pinterest Mom
  14. Poque
  15. Puntification
  16. Rurea
  17. Samfucius
  18. Somberbrero
  19. TheRam
  20. wall monitor
  21. WHICH WAY MADNESS

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 1, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh gosh I'm in two games right now and also the big dumb game which I'm not really paying attention to. But I liked El Dorado so hopefully I'll do soon somewhere!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im going to keep joining games until one of them fuckreaincg fills

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

ill fill you full of lead

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

confirmed

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Hello

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm cowboys.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'm into cowboys.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im expecting the game to fill after some more people die off in the other million games running now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hi I'll play but wow that's a lotta seats left to fill

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Go ahead and count me in since it'll be a bit to fill up.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I think it is fate that the instant I come back to mafia after like 3 years you announce the sequel to the last game I played. I am in, if you'll have me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Samfucius posted:

I think it is fate that the instant I come back to mafia after like 3 years you announce the sequel to the last game I played. I am in, if you'll have me.

Of course, welcome back :)

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
ok
i have pms

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hullo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd like to play. I've got PMs and all that.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This sounds fun

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hey sure, you've been playing in my games a lot, I should return the favor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pew pew, pew pew pew

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I will play if you don't mind me probably just shitposting

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Joining.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
If Ram's in count me out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mornacale posted:

If Ram's in count me out.

:wtc:

Is this serious?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

:wtc:

Is this serious?

Yeah, he turned DBZ into a huge shitshow with personal attacks and repeatedly crying about not being allowed to say slurs, not looking to repeat the experience.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can you please start Clockwork Orange Mafia now?

I'll play this sure-to-be-serious adventure

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Yeah, he turned DBZ into a huge shitshow with personal attacks and repeatedly crying about not being allowed to say slurs, not looking to repeat the experience.

I was partly responsible there too. I won't be allowing myself to be such a shithead this game and I think Ram is only as responsible for that as we, as a collective town, let him be. I think he's influenced by the tone and if we make a concerted effort to make this a better, nicer game, then it will be with or without him. If you still don't want to play, I understand, but I'll be trying to make this a good game and invite you to join me.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can you please start Clockwork Orange Mafia now?

Haha I didn't think anybody would still remember that.
I'm sure I'll run it sometime. ;)

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Look I don't want to be the focus of someone else's self gratification. It was an unnecessary tangent that I did not want to be part of. I'm just here to play mafia and have fun. I extend an offer to anyone to PM me if you want to probe me on the topic to really determine if I'm a nasty man.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rephrasing my post: Ram is a cool dude, don't close your mind to him because of one bad experience!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think there was only one person I ever would resign in a game over, but that was a long time ago and I think I'm a different, more lovely player now. Looking forward to this game!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Piggy I will join your game because you helped fill mine! also I don't think I've played one of your games and that's a tragedy

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mornacale posted:

Let's just turbo him. The best revenge is blood

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Let's just turbo him. The best revenge is blood

Agreed. I love TheRam but I am definitely down with this turbo. Can we do it before the game starts? ##vote TheRam

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I agree let's get it out of the way in pregame. ##vote theram

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TheRam posted:

I agree let's get it out of the way in pregame. ##vote theram

Who votes themselves this early. Obv scum.

##vote theram

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

TheRam posted:

Look I don't want to be the focus of someone else's self gratification. It was an unnecessary tangent that I did not want to be part of. I'm just here to play mafia and have fun. I extend an offer to anyone to PM me if you want to probe me on the topic to really determine if I'm a nasty man.

lol, yeah, the level of misrepresentation in this post definitely makes me uninterested in giving it another try. Sorry folks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Its ok, Mornacle. I wish it weren't so but theres nothing to be gained if you aren't going to have fun.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Mornacale posted:

lol, yeah, the level of misrepresentation in this post definitely makes me uninterested in giving it another try. Sorry folks.

Look, I called someone retarded. It can be an incredibly ugly word, but it can also be an innocuous one.

What I'm against is the idea that this community is so hypersensitised that instead of just shrugging it off, I had to have it pointed out to me. That says a lot about the mindset of the player, and I think it's very cynical. I don't like cynicism. I don't see who was being protected in this instance. At best it was unnecessary and at worse it was self-gratification.

In the context of the game, yeh I was calling people stupid. Sure maybe that made it hard to read my "true" tone, but I guess that's part of the game. I don't take myself or mafia that seriously. I can understand being upset in that instance, but continuing to assume I'm an insensitive rear end in a top hat or irredeemable idiot is on you and I'm not going to feel guilty if you dodge games I'm in because you want to stay offended and attribute broad-strokes ideas to me. You don't know me! The reality is this stuff is very nuanced and it's hard to convey anything adequately in telegraphed sentences whilst avoiding a huge tangent (that I don't see why anyone would want anyway). So when it comes to a situation like this I personally err on the side of not assuming the poster on the other end of the internet is an actual rear end in a top hat IRL.

I don't claim to know the thought process of anyone who took issue, I just know why I didn't just roll over and say "whoops sorry". You clearly think you understand me, and you're wrong. I will make an effort not to say any bad words (not very hard, I think retarded and spergin are the only words I use lightheartedly and not often) and I think Quid/Asiina are probably very nice people, I don't care to assume otherwise. I'm reacting to what I think was a cynical and patronising read/response and it's pretty legit to be frustrated when people attribute meanness to you that you don't see. I apologise plenty for being mean, so when I'm being misunderstood I'm drat sure going to stick up for myself.

Anything I've written here make you uncomfortable or squirm? PM me.

If >1 person still can't bear to play with me you can swap me out Pigman, I don't want to go in circles and I don't want to bully anyone out of having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Man I can't believe someone asked you not to call people retards. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Hope everything is okay now.

• Locked thread