Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
ok
i have pms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
I only play in innocuous games with no oot drama, also this is mafia on something awful and also a safe haven for delicate retarded flowers like me

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I'm hot blooded, check it and see

I've got a role that's burnin' inside of me

Come on, Pinterest, do you do more than claim?

I'm hot blooded, hot bl-

##vote Pinterest

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

Jokevote sure is different nowadays golly jeepers

Right? Prophase Metaphase Anaphase Telophase Cytokinesis
Metaphase
Ah, you're self voting due to meta.

Poque posted:

Regarding Max: for his first "jokevote" he picked the most obvious target, The Ram, and then changed it when nobody else climbed aboard
This was a thought that I had while catching up the last few pages, but you have also made it. And this --

Max posted:

If anyone here actually thinks that was a serious "lets see how many people will be OK with this" then I give up right now because I am not going through what I did in Golgatha again.
Very reactionary for such a small amount of suspicion on you.

CapitalistPig posted:

Players:
1.)Little Mac
2.)Ernie
3.)gulagdolls
4.)Hal Incandenza
5.)Somberbrero
6.)Look Under The Rock

7.)diqnol
8.)chaoslord
9.)Samfucius
10.)WHICH WAY MADNESS
11.)Pinterest Mom
12.)Max
13.)AnonymousNarcotics
14.)wall monitor
15.)Opopanax
16.)TheRam
17.)Doug Rattman
18.)Poque
19.)Rurea
20.)Puntification
21.)PERPETUAL IDIOT
It's been a bit since I've played mafia, these are the people in bold that I recall playing with. Not that I remember much at all about any of your playstyles.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

did you change yr name cuz I don't remember you

Shitty_Wok

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Imma sella my wares but ifa you buy it you losea your votea. But maybe you gaina da viga!

How many wares-a can you sell-a a day-a?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Poque posted:

I'm getting frustrated that you keep insisting I'm being an rear end in a top hat or not nice. "Knob" is in jest and saying that it's dumb to call out a deadline that doesn't exist is a correct statement. It is a dumb statement, she is not a dumb person.

We are all knobs.

Also are you saying that LUTR complaining about jokephase lasting too long trumps your Max vote?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Ernie. posted:

will someone sing Barbie Girl please

Because I'm curious if this actually pertains to your role...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

wall monitor posted:

Hi I'm here, I skimmed over the last few pages, it looked like people were talking about pooping or something

So we're bussing somberbrero now?

Don't care much for this post, but it's just the one post.

Anonymous has been around posting, but it's all been joke stuff, and his (her?) first post of any real content seems like fluff.

##vote anonymous

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

DEADLINE CHAT

I got a couple pms about the deadline so,

Id like to have hard 48 hour deadlines, I will leave it up to you folks since that would put deadline on saturday night, I would be willing to move it to sunday or monday just for this first day.

Or I can keep it saturday.

Let me know.

Works for me, I've got the weekend off and I plan to spend it watching the Red Sox shame the Yankees and do some spring cleaning.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Uh yeah, I posted some joke stuff in joke phase.
So?

And I'm a her for the record. Also a she.

Right, but my point is that then other stuff not related to joke phase was going on and it seemed like you were just disregarding it.

Who are your top 3 scum picks ?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

wall monitor posted:

I ain't got no reads yet. Anything I try to say, someone will probably call 'manufactured' on because it would honestly be forced.

Better manufactured than nothing?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oddly I get a town vibe from Pizza.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Can't decide if Wall is scum but at the very least he seems like a detriment to the town.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

I don't like confirmed masons as a day one claim with very little pressure y'all

On the other hand, do you like *anything* that has transpired thus far?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

In an effort to fight off the overwhelming ennui which is sweeping over this thread, as well as a way to clarify my own thoughts, here is A Post:

Anonymous Narcotic: Extent of post history: poop, joke vote, asking about items from shopa, finally casting suspicion on someone - no vote, though, etc, etc. 11 posts, her vote is still on Ernie for poop reasons. Only considers/ed Poque, Doug, and Gulag scummy. I don't see a lot of effort to actually hunt scum, and I would (and am) voting her.

chaoslord: Lurker, 5 posts since game started, not a single game-related post. Top 3 scum picks please.

Doug Rattman: I don't totally disagree with your philosophy on jokephase, and I don't necessarily doubt the mason claim, but I would be more comfortable with knowing who your top 3 scum picks are.

Ernie.: Leaning town here. One of only a few people to actually be voting, and while his vote posts are short and sweet, I don't disagree with his views. Agree with him voting TheRam for what looks like white-knighting a "newbie."

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE: Could you explain how you went from your opinion on Max here to him being town here? And your TheRam vote for him "being cagey," you just seemed to drop your suspicion of him for the Doug vote (which I perceived as a joke). What do you think of the mason claim?

GulagDolls: I don't necessarily disbelieve the mason claim, but I'd be curious to hear if you still think somberbrero is scum, and if so, why - I took your vote as a joke.

Hal Incandenza: Lurker. Jokevote on TheRam. Post more.

Little Mac: Our resident shopkeeper. The game obviously has some different roles, so I don't necessarily doubt your claim, but I don't know what that says for your alignment. Doubt scum would fakeclaim something that would put them in the spotlight such as this. Your gutvote on wall monitor (which I don't necessarily disagree with) - is that still what you're sticking with?

Look Under The Rock: You've been here posting, yet your vote is a joke/lurker vote. I get the whole deadline thing was a big Charlie Foxtrot, which I basically ignored, but since then pretty much all you've said is you don't trust the mason claim. Who do you think is scummy? I'd like a top 3 scum picks from you, please and thank you.

Max: Pretty much the entirety of your content involves talking about wall monitor here, here, and then a vote here. Oh, and you think Doug is lazy. For the #5 poster in the game, you haven't actually said why you felt anyone was scummy at all. Would vote.

Opopanax: Is there anything else to your somber vote than "he voted poque -> scum"? You don't have a ton of content so I am having a hard time getting a read on you.

PERPETUAL IDIOT: Lurker. One content post. No idea who you think is scum. Who are your top 3 scum picks?

Pinterest Mom: Lurker. Contradictory posts on Anonymous here, then a day later here. Do not have a read, would like a top 3 scum picks from you.

Poque: Well now that Deadlinegate is resolved, who do you think is scum? You unvoted LUTR, and your only other vote was Max - do you still think Max is scummy? And if not, then who? (As an aside, I get a town vibe - part of me thinks that if you were scum, one of your scumbros would have mentioned a deadline OOT as opposed to letting you make a spectacle of yourself.)

Puntification: (Jokingly?) Defends somber here, then some irrelevant stuff about chavs, and then, since I started my effort post, content! I actually agree with everything you said in your post there, and put you in the town category for the moment.

Rurea: Lurker. One "content post." Need to hear more from you to get an opinion.

Samfucius: Lurker up until this morning, Doug vote and "case" screams low hanging fruit. Assuming Doug really is a town mason, who else do you think is scum?

somberbrero: I think of everyone I've read up to this point I am most confident somber is town. I'll admit, it's more of a gut thing, but it seems like he's making good points and isn't just voting off the cuff.

TheRam: As the #3 poster, the extent of his content is: 1. Tunnels on somberbrero. 2. The low hanging fruit that is Doug. 3. ...
Honestly, your case on somber is "he's more prickly than usual." Which boils down to a meta case. And you call out Doug for saying he doesn't take stock in joke phase. Everything else is you saying "ugh I'm in the bathtub someone sum up the thread." Who are your top 3 scum picks?

wall monitor: I don't get your pessimistic "oh well people are going to call my cases manufactured anyway so why try?" attitude - the game just started, everyone's struggling to squeeze blood cases from the stone that is joke phase. But turning around and voting a guy two posts later for saying he doesn't read joke phase just looks like you're lazy and opportunistic. I am still not convinced you're scum, but I'd like to see your top 3 scum picks.

WHICH WAY MADNESS:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oh look some more posts, including two votes that I completely disagree with.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

LUTR, don't look now, but I may have, um...

...generated some content

:(

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Punt what is a "plorping"?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Deflecting from "come on, a confirmed mason claim isn't a good place to start looking for scum" with "what is even the nature of scumminess, or existence, or anything" is awkward af. It's a good vote.

Yeah I don't get that at all. You said "I don't think scum would claim confirmed masons D1," Punt said "that's not necessarily true, people don't follow a set pattern of behavior," so your natural response was to go "welp you disagreed with me, scum ##vote". It's not a good vote.

LUTRs is worse for its opportunism.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

TheRam posted:

Also a meta case is fine?
Meta works well as a guide, imho, but I don't think it can be the entirety of a case. Ymmv, I guess.

quote:

Doug is dumb for saying joke phase doesn't matter at all because you can obviously get reads out of it, I constantly get correct reads especially on newbies there.
Again, ymmv. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but you have to admit one thing - Doug's certainly drawn attention to himself as an "easy get," and I have to imagine not everyone going after him is town.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

This post is making my nose twitch

As does your effort to appear like you're contributing! :)

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

My effort to appear like I'm contributing is making my nose twitch?

My nose (ie, I don't think you're really contributing)

In other news, crazy thought - 2 mason pairs in a large game, is that totally out off the realm of possibility?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Bottom line is that I have no plan to vote any of the 4 masons.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Samfucius posted:

Because you never made any attempt to post until there was some momentum going Doug's way, then you changed to me when the momentum shifted my way. You are doing a great job of floating along.
:ironicat:

Samfucius posted:

I could vote Max.

See, were you actually town, you would pick one guy and try to actually get him lynched.

##vote samfucius

Anonymous had been my vote, but that lynch doesn't have a chance of happening. Sam hasn't seemed to put any effort into the day. Read him again and the one thing that jumped out at me is his complete unwillingness to commit to any strong position, other than the fact that Doug is "lovely, potentially scummy." Giuseppe is "bombastic" and "trying to be a presence with minimal effort." Then he moves to LUTR, who he hadn't mentioned prior to that. Max sums up Sam's post history, and so Sam says he could vote Max. I mean at this point he's just flailing.

Maybe claim? Because time is short, and I'm not voting Doug.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Oh gently caress it ##chop Samfucius

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I find it very telling that I was roleblocked and that Ram came into the thread wanting to hang me, very telling indeed

Out of curiosity, were you told you were roleblocked? What was the exact wording?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Otoh, I do believe it's likely for there to be an SK because why would scum kill somber when people thought he was scummy? It would be a good place for scum to hide. Maybe the scum kill got blocked

##vote Anonymous
You're an arsonist, aren't you?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Poque posted:

actually I want this explained

She was the first person to bring up possibility of a sk, I inferred the possibility she has a killing role, which, now that I've caught up with the thread, I withdraw that accusation.

##unvote

In other news,
-Poque, I find your vote on Giuseppe/Diqnol to be really opportunistic. It seems like you're not paying attention to the thread, ie missing the fact that Exact/Gulag aren't masons, and overall you appear like you're ok with just putting your vote anywhere.
-Opop, you continue to not take a single position in this game. You made a jokevote, a vote on Somber back when he and Poque were slapfighting about the whole 48 hour thing, and then you vote TheRam because "oh fine." You seem indifferent to who gets voted while trying to ride the notion that Gulag always claims confirmed masons as if it makes you appear to contribute.
-Anonymous trying to link people who haven't even flipped yet - both scummy and bad play.

LittleMac, I'd like to buy your wares today and sacrifice my vote.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Mostly that, yes. If Mac is scum could be that Ram is too, after all

In the process of catching up, wanted to respond to this by saying stop linking people who haven't flipped yet, it's scummy and poor play! hth

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Little Mac posted:

This's making a LOTTA assumptions-a!

Exactly.

Unless my firefighter role is intended to be a false flag and there is no arsonist, your presumption that Diqnol is scum simply because you jailed him and there wasn't a second night kill loses a lot of traction. In this instance, I think correlation =/= causality. I would much rather vote for behavior than presumed guilt based on suspected night actions. Based on what you've presented as evidence against Diqnol, I'm not willing to vote him.

I think the next morning's kill flavor will be very telling. Barring roleblocks/jail, I'd be very curious to see if a second death occurs.

Still catching up.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Would vote: Opop, wall monitor, Anonymous

Would not vote: Punt, Ernie, TheRam,

Straight up detrimental to the town and free to be vigged/voted/burned/etc: Gulag, Pinterest

Not sure: Max, Exact, Poque, Little Mac

Mac I said I wanted to buy your wares, you've yet to respond. Do you actually have a role or was that all bullshit white noise like the "confirmed masons"?

I will not be around for deadline.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh you're outright claiming firefighter now?

Well, duh. :rolleyes:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Forgot you.

Eh, I'll call it unsure.

Poque posted:

what about PMom's content keeps you from voting him but makes you want him eliminated?

2 things: 1. Something about his posting, and I can't really put a finger on it, makes him seem like the kind of guy who still uses plastic scissors. His post history is just... dumb, but I've gotten burned on that sort of thing before, and I'm trying to avoid the confirmation bias that comes with thinking 'dumb = scummy.' 2. Not even my top scum pick - that would be either Opop/wall.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

He has claimed earlier in the thread that you have to be searching the same location he is at night, and that he was RBed last night keeping anyone from buying.

So is this in conjunction with giving up a vote? I know this was also said earlier but I'd like to hear it straight from the guido's mouth.

Mac? Care to chime in, since it's your supposed role?

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Why am I not on that list

Yeah I did, not sure how I quoted myself...

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Poque posted:

also apparently I will be here at deadline since I thought it was at 10
Well I guess I will be too!

Little Mac posted:

It's-a de night action!
Cool. Well hey if I have to search the same place as you and sacrifice my vote, then I'll be searching the hotel tonight.

Anyone else notice how wall monitor is basically riding a case on Doug/Exact which consisted of "oh you didn't like joke phase/oh you replaced a guy who didn't like joke phase," and now tries to cast suspicion on Little Mac because "oh you have a weird post restriction." It's lazy play that's designed to look like effort.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hey Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Just wanted to make sure you could read my posts.

• Locked thread