Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im going to keep joining games until one of them fuckreaincg fills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im going to continue to use the r-word (ram)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think in the original el dorado game 100 percent of posters called someone retarded at some point

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ernie. posted:

okay i would like to instate a rule here from now on, because people need to stop doing this:

can we please stop talking about the original el dorado? i didn't do so hot in that one

i am pretty sure died pathetically

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

but i also made cpig mad because i kept saying he was confirming people as town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

confirmed. i am a deadly sand monster.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nobody but me is allowed to search krispy kreme

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am a chav.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm looking to buy some olive oil

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

a sea man-tick would be a really scary monster.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote sombrero i do not allow such a villain in my sand town

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't think its possible for a human, even one with such a bad avatar as sombrero, to be this dense unless it was on purpose.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its easy to see why he would get 'hyped up' when repeatedly confronted by people who are missing the point of what he was initially saying

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, doug rattman and i are confirmed town masons.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if you want to get to the rat, you'll have to go through me. and my flavor says i weigh almost 300 pounds so that will take a while.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

I hate "list of everyone" posts, it falls under generating content but your opinions seem genuine to me.

Top 3 scum are the claimed masons and Punt.

lol
##vote lutr

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if anyone has a vig murder sombrero before we get another 2 pages of people arguing about absolutely nothing

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the reason is that i want him to die.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Poque posted:

you seemed to be on my side during that argument. why scold both of us?

i'm not.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

there's only two confirmed masons here, and it's not you two dingbats

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we are literally confirmed masons you apes

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

detect this

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

no one has a case on doug

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Poque posted:

the case on doug is that he refuses to read the earlier pages of the game.

wow..t.hats.....certainly damning. rip doug. slam dunked

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

is that the only thing you can glean from that post. the thing mentioned in the first four sentences.

he's not reading early pages b/c he thinks it's a waste of time. that's not scummy. there is evidence to suggest that 'jokephase' is a big waste of time, and more importantly, not funny. i usually don't read any of that poo poo but I also don't admit it, which I guess was the rat man's downfall here.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I just reread and this may seem out of nowhere but ##vote Poque

Rereading his interaction with Somber, he got unnecessarily defensive and ragey about pretty much nothing. It strikes me as opportunistic and disingenuous, and after the whole thing is over he's barely a presence in thread.
To me it's the worst set of posts in the game.

I'm also skittish about all the mason claims as it seems like in this game it'd be pretty easy to skate by for a good while on them.

rofl

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he argued because a dude repeatedly (purposefully???) missed the point of what he was saying, tried to convince him his memory was wrong, and, also, had a bad avatar. and was a bad guy. but basically, characterizing his responses as defensive and ragey is unfair, especially in light of the tremendous amount of darkness he was fighting against. also everything you said would apply even more to somber.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress off.

look under the rock

for your brain

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Samfucius posted:

Why waste our time talking about it, though? Asking us if anything has happened in 320 posts is just giving us dumb busywork. Skim those posts if you hate D1 that much, maybe look for things that seem to be quoted a bunch to gauge what is important, I dunno.

is wasting time scummy now, because, if so, we may have to lynch the sombrero.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Somber is confirmed to me so nope

this should tell you your case is bad and without merit

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote sam

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

And you skipped the part where i pointed out the difference good job you're great

the difference is "i feel differently about this other guy for no reason." it's doubly bad b/c the person to latch onto something would be the guy who started the dumb argument.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

is it really just to save your mason partner

because scum gulag does this for scumbros im told by a guy

that and his string of posts on this page, culminating with

quote:

Why waste our time talking about it, though? Asking us if anything has happened in 320 posts is just giving us dumb busywork. Skim those posts if you hate D1 that much, maybe look for things that seem to be quoted a bunch to gauge what is important, I dunno.

this statement that wasting our time with a single question that no one is obliged to answer is scummy. when the logic of this statement is questioned, he says

quote:

I could vote Max.

incredible!!! either that or a response to max saying he is weird. either way he doesn't vote max and holds onto doug vote that is based on incredibly flimsy reasoning

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do it or i loving kil lyou

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

max wasted our time by making his name three letters instead of Ma, or maybe even M

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Samfucius posted:

Wait, who even really responded to my post about wasting time? Who questioned it? If you mean this:

This is not... anything. This is Gulag white noise. It is just a setup for a sombrero dig. If it was a genuine question instead of a needle that I ignored, the answer is something I already posted, that is is definitely bad play, potentially scummy. It's my best read and I am sticking with it, unless I need to switch to a decent candidate to avoid a nolynch.

how do you not interpret that as a real question lol

you haven't explained why it is bad play or potentially scummy to say "i'm not reading jokephase f off"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TheRam posted:

fyi, we had 1 NK.

apparently it goes through BP, this is something I think would be more likely to be a SK power, since SK is usually an underpowered role.

I expected at least two NKs, however the night I choose to jail our buddy Diqnol only a single NK occurs

HMMMM I WONDER WHAT IT COULD MEAN. Diq is scum or SK (more likely scum, I think), unless; there is a doc who protected correctly in addition to my role, there is no SK (/no N1 kill for the SK) or there are more bullet proof players. I think more likely I just owned Diqnol, and I'm going to bed so gently caress sitting on it.

I do wanna know if Dorado 1 had a SK though, or other pig big games, I just assumed there is one since that's the norm for a game this size it's certainly exciting.

diq trying to argue some kind of slip is hilarious, you should all see through how lovely a point that was, it's a good deflection though because it allows him to remain incredulous and act as though the obvious assertion I've made isn't as obvious as it really is, making him look town.

if you're all stupid we can talk more tomorrow but it was just a gut call and imo we should turbo diqnol!

if anyone watched diq and saw anyone other than me visit him last night, they are potentially scum but don't claim unless you know someone else visited him.

what if the hider was just killed, the ram.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

someone please tranquilize the ram

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh. that guy committed suicide. ok. someone still tranq the ram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Jesus Christ people, they are not masons.

We're masons.

• Locked thread