Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello did you all know that the words idiot moron and imbecile were all scientific classifications for human beings who did not do well on IQ tests in the early 1900s

those are all medical terms that you can use today to call someone a stupid without insulting or denigrating a subset of the population because thanks to linguistics they've lost their association with actual peoples

the only reason you choose not to is because you cave into social pressures to 'fit in' by 'otherizing' the same group of people, whether you are conscious of it or not

let's all take a chill pill and recognize that theram is very, very wrong

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

those are all medical terms that you can use today to call someone a stupid without insulting or denigrating a subset of the population because thanks to linguistics they've lost their association with actual peoples

actually, ernie, i am personally insulted by the word 'idiot' because it triggers my oldest high school memories

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

actually, ernie, i am personally insulted by the word 'idiot' because it triggers my oldest high school memories

oh? well i'll try to use it around you a little less, then

sorry for any issues i've already caused! hopefully you realize you are no longer in high school soon!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

oh? well i'll try to use it around you a little less, then

sorry for any issues i've already caused! hopefully you realize you are no longer in high school soon!

thanks, how civil of you, too, to apologize immediately instead of making this a big deal

though, given your grammar, maybe you need to go back to high school!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

i think in the original el dorado game 100 percent of posters called someone retarded at some point

okay i would like to instate a rule here from now on, because people need to stop doing this:

can we please stop talking about the original el dorado? i didn't do so hot in that one

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello my role this game is Serial Ernie

I'm supposed to roleplay one my roles from previous games every game day or I die

today will be the Ernie from Extremely Complicated RPG

will someone sing Barbie Girl please

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

spoiler: cpig called my role poo poo in my role PM

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Of course!

NO ONE BUT SOMBER LOOK AT THIS THANKS

I think everyone is town and pig is just messing with us for his entertainment

hmmm

##vote chaoslord

Poque posted:

for his first "jokevote" he picked the most obvious target, The Ram, and then changed it when nobody else climbed aboard

this is a good case, surely, but chaoslord is having trouble processing and producing valuable humor

Little Mac posted:

Mya people are de prouda people. We takea de pride ina de shoppa anna de accent! Sorry for nota including de triggera warning.

trigga. trigga warning.

i think this might be a fake italian accent, folks.

Puntification posted:

The problem with mocking chavs is that they have gently caress all power for you to take away from them; it's basically going lol poor people are awful. Britain is a ridiculous country in so many ways, you could at least aim a bit higher tbh.

right, what kind of monarchy can call itself a 'united kingdom'? more like 'a bunch of people united because they have the hots for a queen'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Actually no its Ernie ##vote Ernie bad lazy anti newbie vote.

what

chaoslord has played more than i have

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

Lol seriously? Nah I'm sure chaos is a newbie I read a few other posts and am 99% sure they are a newbie the vote stands since Ernie's post still vibes me!

lol

i like you

##vote theram

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

chaoslord posted:

It's true, I'm an unfunny guy. My major mafia weakness is jokes. :(

it's okay, you've been saved by theram, thank him later?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

Hmm it seems like you actually might think....he sucks...........

well i like to think of it is as the equivalent of me sitting in my comfy police chair in the police station

when a criminal walks in with a signed confession in hand and tells me he's okay and safe with being in public holding until he's processed

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

you voted me whilst I was pooping, have you no honour?

well considering your posts are always poo poo, there's never going to be a better time!!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

boo get off the stage

i couldn't find a better way to word it, i hate myself

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

oddly enough you did the same thing to me

i think we can all agree that we need to post our pooping schedules so that this stops happening

i go from 1 to 1:15 pm and again from 7:30 to 7:45 pm, depending on dinner i might also go at 4 to 4:15 am

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

This is depending on whether or not you get food poisoning or what?

depending on whether i eat shawerma for dinner or not, actually! like clockwork every time i have shawerma i am out of service the next day.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the question 'maybe we should get shawerma for dinner?' is my arch nemesis irl

my answer is always 'gently caress you, i would have done today differently if i knew a few hours in advance'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

as a person of african/middle eastern descent

kkk are small-time, boys, you don't have an equivalent to true agents of chaos anywhere east of libya

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

these last four posts were dark

as anyone played the new littlebigplanet? opop, have you gotten opop jr. to play any of them with you? they're super fun in multiplayer!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Ernie what time zone are you in? This is important for my new goal of only voting you during your set pooping times

go right now i'm in EST!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote Ernie

Goal achieved

what about ... unvotes, when do those happen? :ohdear:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Scum wouldn't claim confirmed masons d1, c'mon.

i have done this before... with two of my scummates

on the other hand ##vote anonnarc is it your first time scumming?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello! back to this game and it's really thick and most of it is flying over my head. i blame theram's logic for doing this to the game.

##vote pmom

it feels like he's digging deep for some of his opinions rather than just actually jumping on suspicious behavior.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

"instead of"? :raise:

i've already said why i think theram is scum. his story doesn't hold up. there's no reasonable thought process behind it. "i jailed diq, and there was a nightkill, therefore diq has a nightkill" is balls out ridiculous.

there's also the possibilities that:

ram is stupid
ram doesn't believe his own case but wants to see who might hop on an easy bad vote
ram is not a jailer but a roleblocker but wants to see who might defend diqnol in this situation
etc. etc. etc.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Otoh, I do believe it's likely for there to be an SK because why would scum kill somber when people thought he was scummy? It would be a good place for scum to hide. Maybe the scum kill got blocked

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

##vote Anonymous
You're an arsonist, aren't you?

on the other hand this is a crazy post that makes no sense either and you're ignoring it, pmom. why?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Poque posted:

I don't know if it fits anywhere but I'm also interested in nobody voting Diqnol based on that argument aside from Ram himself.

but that means two things:

1) no scum jumped on it
2) no town fell for it

which when you combine both you realize that:

1) everyone in the game thought it was stupid

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

you can also ask literally anybody in the thread that same question

i'm asking it to you because you're currently voting theram for a similarly bad line of logic

what is different? is it just that ram is more contentious?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie are you saying my argument is stupid or wwm's?

wwm's

TheRam, Diqnol isn't a very loved person in our community. Why is it more likely that he attempted to kill, than that he was a kill target? It's not like someone's going to jump up and say 'haha i'm the second kill, it was me, i went for diqnol, he's innocent!'

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

chaoslord posted:

This will probably be a dumb question but what does an Arsonist do?

they're basically a serial killer

they douse their targets nights in advance and then light them on fire all at once killing all their doused targets in a single night (but averaging 1 kill per night)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote diqnol

:henget:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Are you stupid suddenly?

no want me to elaborate in excruciating detail why i think you're scum completely independently of theram's ramblings?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TheRam posted:

omg scum post scum post scum post :siren:

"I think we should lynch player x, but not for the same reason as everyone else!"

gently caress you Ernie, I have both night actions and casing against Diqnol (admittedly, I only put why I dislike his responses properly into words in my last post), but gently caress you!

I'll take an ernie swing on the condition that if I get NK'd you lynch Diqnol in my honour.

you have a lot of noise, and this game would be better if you stopped being so noisy and let other people talk a little

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm all ears.

:allears: <---- me

get ready for it, broski it's my next post

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So, as I read it, the question all of you must ask yourselves is this: Do you think Ram entered the thread in a townie way? Don't worry so much about his explanations since, just look at how he entered the thread and his interactions with me and the votes on him. If you feel reasonably sure that he is town from that, please vote for someone else after explaining to me how you feel he's town. Really think about why I would be roleblocked by scum first, though.

This is a scum-post. You've been awfully quiet (compared to average diqnol) this game (sure ok you're sick). But the way you came back is with a post that I'd expect more out of scum diqnol. Why can't TheRam be town? He's been internally consistent. 'Really think about why...' is a fluffy meaningless sentence and it uses the same bad logic TheRam is using in the opposite direction at him, but it is no less fallacious.

Ram, as an aside, if you are a town rb, u r suxx0r. You not only roleblocked me but you played the rb on me very recklessly. Smart play is to wait it out until the next day to see if your current theory holds water. That you didn't, that I forced a jailor claim out of you, and that you tripled down on bad logic all sum up to you being scum fmpov.

This post feels more like gloating rather than disappointed in TheRam's play. A disappointed player would say something like 'take a step back and realize that we're both arguing the same way' or whatever. The entire phrasing of this post isn't what a town player trying to convince someone they think is 50/50 to back down, but of someone who knows TheRam's alignment and is playing around it.

Ernie's theory that I am not well liked is one of the silliest things I've ever read in a mafia game. Not only do I get by just fine but scum would want disliked townies around. Not sure what I think about Ernie beyond that, though, need to see if his other posts are that ridiculous.

And this post missed entirely what I'm trying to do. Not in a million years would I believe you'd stoop to the easiest case you can make on me. Whether or not I stated something that was true, I was baiting a particular reaction out of a player you think is scum. Interrupting that to side with him tells me you're preemptively hedging your bets. You have no interest in catching TheRam as scum but in your personal survival. You have no interest in catching scum bussing TheRam if he's scum because you would have just said 'Ernie is giving TheRam an out here' instead of 'Ernie something untrue about me omg'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I don't even really want to fight being hanged right now, if it happens I think town will ultimately lose but in this case I'd have done nothing wrong beyond pushing a wrong d1 case

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're obviously not getting dunked

this is exactly why this post is also a scum-post by diqnol

it's not grounded in reality (he's lashed out at anyone calling him scum), and he's not at significant risk

this post isn't self-martyrdom, it's emotional manipulation

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I actually wrote and deleted a substantially identical post to that earlier this morning but didn't post it because theram isn't worth engaging with like he's people. town definitely makes that post.

the gloating wasn't 'theram what are you doing' it was 'look at what i made you do, I MADE YOU CLAIM JAILOR' - in what universe do the following make sense concurrently

a) TheRam has a scum gameplan and I wish you all would see it
b) TheRam has acted and claimed based on my pressuring him

it's either/or

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnZMW8C6wA

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello-a what-a perfectly new-a day-a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mac is he less tedious in the mason doc?

i tried to pronounce-a 'tedious' in taliano and-a it sounded like-a 'tea dios?' and i immediately drew-a cross-a on me

• Locked thread