Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
If you're ok with having a first time player, I'd like to sign up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Confirming that I got my role.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

nobody but me is allowed to search krispy kreme

I didn't even know that they had krispy kreme in the west. I always thought it was a southern thing.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

I'm proud to announce that the city I live in has the most krispy kreme locations of any city in the world.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

I am a chav.

I'm glad to see that you're taking the word back.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Poque posted:

I'm surprised that you think I'm making this up and not that I'm just wrong.

I think characterizing the original post as a callout is a stretch:

Poque posted:

Look Under The Rock posted:

This is a long rear end joke phase for a game with strict 48 hr deadlines. Heading out for night two of shows soon, if there's not some serious activity when my part is over around 8 Imma meta case you chucklefux.

this post accomplishes absolutely nothing

1) callout on everyone (?) for joking
2) callout on people for loving around with a time limit (wrong)
3) im not gonna do anything now but i'll get you guys when i'm back!!! (unspecified recipients of phony rage)

It reads more to me like asking to get started with the game, not some kind of angry callout.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

PERPETUAL IDIOT: Lurker. One content post. No idea who you think is scum. Who are your top 3 scum picks?

In no particular order, I'd say that I think Max, LOTU, and Hal are my top 3.

Max has the third vote on wall monitor with very little to back it up. He says that he doesn't think wall monitor is scum:

Max posted:

Can't decide if Wall is scum but at the very least he seems like a detriment to the town.
I can agree with this.

But follows up a half hour later with a vote with no explanation in it at all

Max posted:

I hate PR but also ##vote wall monitor

LOTU for listing Punt among his top 3 scum candidates for apparently using a buzzword. I find the arguments others have posted about him pretty convincing.

Hal Incandenza seems to be defending LOTU (which is reasonable enough, I don't think the argument against him is unassailable) by saying that this post:

Pinterest Mom posted:

you think "two scum running a claimed masons gambit" is likelier than literally anybody else being scum?
is a "biased reading" of this post:

Look Under The Rock posted:

I hate "list of everyone" posts, it falls under generating content but your opinions seem genuine to me.

Top 3 scum are the claimed masons and Punt.

Later Hal claims that LOTU said he was joking, when of course LOTU never said anything like that at all.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

TheRam posted:

I mean, it's gulag though.

Also I was in a game with CPig (rugrats vs sopranos) and I said me and CPig were confirmed millers and he went along with it. Why? Because it's funny. Why poo poo on a ~~masterplay~~? Anyone who wouldn't go along with it would be a boring cheesebutt imo.

if gulag or mousechild wanna come say something to the contrary then okay but I doubt it's serious even moreso with lutr and somb doing a thing that doesn't really make sense at all as a scum play.

If we want to confirm that they can at least communicate outside the thread, we could set up our night searches to check.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

nt diq but it's probably doug or nothing.

I don't like this post. Whether or not you think it's likely, you're arguing that we should lynch a claimed confirmed mason because otherwise we won't lynch anyone. Do you think he's scum?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
I'm not convinced on the case against Samfucius, but I think his reasons for voting and staying on Doug have been especially thin. I'd be a lot happier voting him than Doug.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Max posted:

Then vote!

##vote Samfucius

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Samfucius posted:

Lol.

"He's doing things town might very well do but he's reserved with it. I will now use my magic mafia mirror and construct a future where he takes responsibility for his vote and we all know that actually means he is doing the opposite."

What the hell do you even mean by "held responsible"?

Who else are we willing to vote? I still like Doug, but I'll read any case, short or long.

Do you have a case on Doug? So far you haven't had a lot to say other than you were happy to keep your vote on him.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Ok so the samfucious dunk is kind of bullshit too as far as I can see. Anyone want to convince me?

I'm voting for him but I don't think there's a strong case to be made. The question is whether you'd prefer voting for one of the claimed masons or getting a no lynch.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Question for Guiseppe, pmom, and opop: Do you guys think that TheRam was not the one who roleblocked Guiseppe last night, or do you believe that TheRam is the scum roleblocker?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Either/or. If he's scum but not the roleblocker, he'd at least know who the RB targeted.

It seems likely to me that the scum would be much happier roleblocking Little Mac than someone who has not claimed any role in Guiseppe. Unless there are 3 roleblocks (potentially a 1-off?), I'd say that the roleblock on Guiseppe is more likely to have come from town.

TheRam, you haven't mentioned the reason you targeted Guiseppe. None of your D1 posts mention him at all, anything in particular that you found suspicious?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Max posted:

This happened to me as well.

Me too. At least 3 of the 8 locations had only 1 person searching (assuming we believe everyone saying that they didn't have anyone with them). Either a lot of people didn't search or there were just a few very popular spots. Does anyone who played the original version have insight on the benefit or risk of having a lot of people in one place?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

your case against me is fine on its own. why drape yourself in the habits of a dead player to make it?

If you agree that it's a reasonable case, why get so hung up on the language and phrasing? He hasn't tried to hold onto the claim as legitimate and says it's a rhetorical device. You're arguing over something that's not very relevant instead of telling us why you think the claimed town jailer is scum.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

that's exactly what he said. his findings are "I jailed diq".

If you go in with the assumption that there should be two nks, TheRam's argument at least makes sense to me. Either both the nks went on Somber, or someone else who's not claiming stopped a nk, or he stopped a nk by jailing Guiseppe.

I'm new to these games so I can't comment on how reasonable his assumption of 2 nks is. I also wouldn't discount the other possibilities as quickly as TheRam has, but at least the argument seems to make sense.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Ok, I'm sick but I'm going to try to participate

Any thoughts on your vote for the claimed town jailer? I think it's clear enough that he rbed you last night, so in your opinion the scum spent their rb on you over Little Mac?

It might also be interesting to hear from Little Mac about the flavor he got for his rb. He has claimed that he was able to search, while Guiseppe was not - why the difference between the two?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Would vote: Opop, wall monitor, Anonymous

Would not vote: Punt, Ernie, TheRam,

Straight up detrimental to the town and free to be vigged/voted/burned/etc: Gulag, Pinterest

Not sure: Max, Exact, Poque, Little Mac

Mac I said I wanted to buy your wares, you've yet to respond. Do you actually have a role or was that all bullshit white noise like the "confirmed masons"?

I will not be around for deadline.

He has claimed earlier in the thread that you have to be searching the same location he is at night, and that he was RBed last night keeping anyone from buying.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Sorry, just out of class. Better than no lynch.

##vote pmom

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Poque posted:

I just realized that Punti claimed he could talk to dead town and that he talked to Somber but Somber didn't die until night 1?

That was a joke he was making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Sorry for the late reply. I misunderstood this post by Little Mac:

Little Mac posted:

Hellom imma de Italian shopkeeper. I hava de post restriction to talka like dees. Ata night I cana opena de shop anda sella my waresa.

To mean that he had to "open his shop" in the location he was at that night. I was going under that misunderstanding in my replies until he mentioned that he never said that. On re-reading the post, it just looks like a flavorful way of describing his night action.

• Locked thread