Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can you please start Clockwork Orange Mafia now?

I'll play this sure-to-be-serious adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Let's just turbo him. The best revenge is blood

Agreed. I love TheRam but I am definitely down with this turbo. Can we do it before the game starts? ##vote TheRam

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

i am pretty sure died pathetically

I may have died D1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello everyone. I would say hello friends, but I don't know about you people.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also there are many Krispy Kreme's here in Colorado, which is essentially the West.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow I have a lot of posts to catch up on here! Sorry I was not around at all the last 36 hours. I don't suppose anyone would summarize everything for me so I don't have to read back?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will post way more as soon as I am back home, so hopefully no one coldly kills me before then!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

you think "two scum running a claimed masons gambit" is likelier than literally anybody else being scum?

I think that is a little bit of a biased read of that single sentence summary.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

biased how?

he listed three scum picks: the two claimed masons, and punt.

that means he thinks the two claimed masons are likelier to be scum than anybody who isn't on that list.

that's not a reasonable opinion.

Well he said it was joke anyway, but the point is regardless of whatever claims have been made there is nothing wrong with going "well these people seem scummiest" and trying to paint that as something that makes no sense and is totally scummy to say feels phony to me. Especially early in the game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Later Hal claims that LOTU said he was joking, when of course LOTU never said anything like that at all.

That was me being a little confused from phone posting and AN posting that he was joking in the middle of my exchange with PinMom. My point still stands regardless, it was less defense of LUTR and more questioning of PinMom's motives in attacking in that post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Oh wait, Doug is one of the mason groups.

##unvote

Wait, what are the mason groups besides Somb-LUTR?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Doesn't Gulag always pretend to be masons with people?

Yes, and Doug hasn't actually come in and said anything yet to confirm that nor has he given any sort of indication or breadcrumb in his posting so far that he has any mason buddy (not that that means all that much).

I don't think 2 mason pairs is odd in a game this size, but two confirmed mason pairs definitely makes my nose twitch.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I too have been told Little Mac is lurking so I need to post more!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What is the case of the day?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

After reading over the entire day I am positive TheRam is full of poo poo about something. He is acting like a parody of himself, which I am not sure I have seen him do as scum but there is no way he believes everything he is saying. The Roleblocker/Jailer claims don't sit well with me either but I can't express why properly at the moment, I have to look at that exchange again.

I don't really get what Diqnol was going on about him posting something before the flips that was never cleared up for me but maybe I missed something in the thread that explained that later. It seemed like a really weird tangent though.

Not a fan of poque offering any sort of defense of TheRam.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TheRam posted:

Wow what a great non-descript way of suggesting I'm a good lynch without putting forward anything whilst also saying you don't know if I'm scum.

I jailed Diqnol, I don't really see what part of things I could be bullshitting about, it's binary. I did or I didn't, I'm Jailer or I'm RBer...Town or scum (or 3P).

???

I am not sure if you are scum or not! I was just offering my quick thoughts right after I finished reading anything. It's nice that you are "all powerful" and all but you aren't acting in the manner I am accustomed to. I don't think you are a good lynch at this point, I think Poque is probably better since he hasn't provided adequate reasoning for his read on you. I am sorry if that is a point that has been made by others, that happens a lot when there are like 300+ posts between posts you make.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

also I really hope that people would respect/understand my game enough to know that it wouldn't include "blindly defend a scum partner in thread" in it. I don't think Ram's case is right, but I don't think he's scum for making it.

I didn't see this post before I posted. I don't really think you are "blindly defending" him and I don't even think you are necessarily scum together. I think "bad case/good intent" in something I say about players I know are town when I am scum and I don't really see how you can genuinely think Ram is coming off as completely sincere. To me Ram seems like he's being obstinate and sticking with this "I stopped a kill" thing despite the complete lack of real evidence that he did so. I'd actually think if there WAS an SK Ram would be a better choice because SK calling someone else out as the SK is a sound ploy, but scum trying to create SK controversy rarely works.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm sorry Poque I don't see where you provided and sensible reasoning for why Ram is town other than a post or two where you say you don't thin kit makes sense for scum to come in the thread and attack Diqnol so you see it as probably neutral. Maybe you have to make it clearer for me?

I will admit that the idea of Ram being SK is dumb on reflection.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I don't think it's a stretch to look at the three posts I quoted above and see my "But Ram is town" post as a logical follow-up. But you're right, I haven't made an explicit call in here as as much as I thought I had. it's been more of a topic for discussion in the masonry. There's just no way The Ram is scum and makes a play like this because his logic has been 100% consistent the entire way through. if he didn't believe what he was saying it would have shown up somewhere. do you think his content is made up? It's one thing to think he's wrong but it's a whole different bug if you think he doesn't believe what he's saying. I do.

Alright, that makes some sense and I understand the part about being in a masonry and thinking you said more in the thread, that happens to me all the time.

Diqnol is giving me the vibe that he's very town this game, his personality is a little more relaxed than he is as scum. He's still being abrasive of course, but he's doing it more to amuse himself than to stay alive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm happy with ANarc, Poque, and TheRam as votes for today.

You case on ANarc is that she seems too confident this game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well I guess I am going to ##vote Pinterest Mom because I don't agree with any reasons given for voting for Mac.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Poque, what did you see in my posting that changed your mind? It was clearly nothing I directly said, so what little thing did it?

Perhaps he saw the goodness in your heart like I did

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa these are a lot of sudden Opop votes. Sounds like there must be something I should read happening here!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

no gulag

little mac is worse than a racist pizza store owner

How can that be possible?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

opop is canadian. he was born in a log.

Is that a good or bad thing?

I genuinely do not understand why any of the three people who simultaneously voted Opop did so. No one really explained themselves and no one had made any compelling points against Opop. Ernie makes it sound like pointing out why people are wrong about you is bad and I agree that Opop isn't out there looking for scum, but when does he ever do that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Good save

I dunno, the accent makes it tricky but that does not seem like something he made up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Am I the only one to whom this looks like a scum who withheld a nk just to make this claim?

No, I don't see that, but I also think it's a little presumptuous to think that he was the NK and it's also a little shady to try and pull off "oh it's nice to be confirmed town"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ernie. posted:

You caught me. I have the nk right here.

*pulls kill out of hat*

##eviscerate hal

how I wish I could do that

Whoa you big jerk. I said I don't think you withheld the NK that's silly. Doesn't mean you aren't scum trying to leverage your blocked kill or whatever with this claim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man I don't want to kill The Ram he's been awesome what is wrong with you guys

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote TheRam

:redhammer:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I like how CPig extended it to help himself out and we just laughed and stomped all over him.

Hehe, that is exactly why I did that.

Sorry Cpig!

Sorry Ram too, I really was enjoying your play this game, but it had to be done.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Hal you are on too many drugs right now

I... yeah, probably

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I hate hate-aligned, Ernie got what he deserved

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

We should have let the Ram live even if he were scum. He was really the heart of this whole game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

They're theoretically transferable.

Who will you shoot? I may know something about bullets

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

everyone poque recruits ends up dead. connect the dots

Yes it does seem awfully convenient

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque would never do that to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

I don't think it's been very convenient

OK Andy Dufrense

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

so you admit I'm a good guy

Andy was guilty, just not of the crime he was accused of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man I missed the map!

Exakt doesn't sound like scum worried about all the votes on them, and while his posting has had some awkward moments I don't think the case on him is very good.

• Locked thread