Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cole posted:

I tell people that getting into the VA early in your career is a death sentence for your compassion and reliability as a care provider, and the only ones who are worth a drat haven't been beaten down by the system yet.

I just remembered that hagetaka (gd_american) did VA work study for a little while and how long ago did he die now? Couldn't have been long after work study.

:tinfoil:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My doc is alright but she's got the shittiest loving desk jockey nurses I've dealt with in recent memory.

By alright, I mean "it doesn't look cancerous, if it gets worse let us know" type doc, not "it's fine" or "let's get that biposied". Nope; just alright.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Props to nwin on the divorce. Just saw it in the closed thread. Hope you loved that hangover. gently caress port.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You guys have really got to work on when to tell people to just shut the gently caress up.

Especially if you're being tortured by dipshit cab drivers. You're paying for a ride, not a conversation. Tell that slack-jaw cow/camel/chicken/watermelon fucker to shut the gently caress up or no tip. Peace and goddamn quiet the whole way.

E: cabs. Always get cab license or medallion number of cow/camel/chicken/watermelon/pig fucker and have fun with that too, if good common sense never taught them anything useful. Uber or lyft, good loving luck.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 2, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress kidney stones.

Also this goddamn Prince song I woke up with stuck in my head....

I will burn any raspberry berets on sight today.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Doesn't ibuprofen filter through the kidneys?

How many of us lived on an 800mg 3x/day diet of motrin for seemingly endless stretches of time? Because I haven't had stones since I was at an abusive level of motrin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

quote:

As an aside, I pussied out on quitting my meds. At first being able to fully experience the anger and the hate (fo reals) again was awesome, but almost two weeks later and I'm exhausted. I can't sleep. Nightmares are non-stop. I took my regular dose this morning and I'm back in control again. I hate being dependent on something from the outside.

I took a month off meds. Rebooted on the first. Totally feeling you on the anger front. Letting myself get a little deranged was fun but apparently boring old stoned and medicated spongebob is more tolerable of society and all of its fuckups than fire breathing rear end in a top hat mode spongebob (when deserved or in traffic).

Apparently getting rid of 3/4 of your poo poo in a month is worrying to people. It's dead weight to me, too many ties to poo poo I don't care about anymore. I have my family hand downs of stuff I fondly regard and a few things I'll drag around the rest of my life. I don't need 3 tvs, a hideous cat statue, a monstrous dining set, etc, etc. Dead weight, especially in a city I love about as much as kidney stones.

When this trail is finished, I'm going back to school. Find solid footing again. Find a job and a routine that works. Or maybe I'll go full crazy vet and start riding an antiquated Indian with a sidecar (for Frank) around the continent. Just me, the dog, the backpacking gear, and a wiley sense of nuttery balanced on the barrel of my lovely brazilian .357mag. Then there's always hobo style. Or beach bum in a 13' camper. Just pick an adventure and go nuts six months out of the year.

Goddamnit Putin push the loving button so we can go full road warrior already.

Probably better than I'm realizing that I'm back on my meds.

• Locked thread