Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Nice work, but holy crap it was hair-raising how every time you teleported you'd just run right back out into live fire without healing! I was almost yelling at my screen "BACTER! YOU HAVE FIFTY HEALTH!"

Also, I think you left a Plate somewhere in the level that you could have used to make some armor after defeating the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Only if when Bruce dies, he says "Curse you, Fat John, for your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Are you doing post-commentary, or live?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Whoa, dude! If you make it to the end on a single life like this, that's freaking incredible.

(P.S. I am about 99% sure that if you do die, it will be because of that friggin' Fat John. It's a good weapon, but holy poo poo you gotta reload that gently caress. I think I counted six times in the last level alone that you'd fire two shots, sprint, then try to fire again and realize you have to reload. Pick something with a bigger clip or get in the habit of reloading, man, I don't want this run to end for something like that!)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Bravo posted:

you'd fire two shots, sprint, then try to fire again and realize you have to reload.

Bacter posted:

"I don't know why I thought I had any ammo left in that thing"

:rant:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Bacter posted:

I'm also renaming the Fat John "Bravo's Bane", because while I'm in a zen-like state when I'm recording and I'm not thinking long-term, there's a faint glow knowing that Bravo's blood pressure is gonna rise a bit on seeing the recording :downsgun:

:negative:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Holy poo poo, way to go dude! I thought it was over, when you ran out of ammo and realized you'd forgotten to grab the minigun. I was thinking, "Oh man, he's going to lose because of that!?" poo poo, dude, that was incredible.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

How well does the AGL work against him? Can you thoonk-thoonk-thoonk out a clip of grenades to strip off the minigun turrets from the outer walls?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I've got to ask, why are you so leery to turn your RDX and Nailboxes into ammo? You're not using them for anything else, you've already said you don't like Nailbombs and probably won't be making those, you're not going to need them to make cannon rounds, and you always seem to have a shitton. Besides, your inventory management keeps costing you items. You've forgotten like 4 things that could have helped out a lot because you drop them or can't pick them up, then forget about them.

Edit: You also missed another secret. :suicide:

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 11, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh dang, that's right. I keep forgetting that you guys are doing live commentary. You should do co-op commentary! Grab a friend. You can concentrate more on the game, and they can point things out for you that you've forgotten!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The first two of those spoilered things also happened in Sector 7! :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, it's funny to point out the minor things you guys miss, but that's basically all we can do because ya'll play this game pretty drat well. That's two 1-10 runs in a row, jeebus.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Can we see an all-nailgun run? Like, not 100% nailgun, because you'd die, but a run where you:

A: Craft the nailgun as soon as you have the parts for it.
B: Use the nailgun against all non-armored enemies as long as there's ammo.
and C: Immediately turn all boxes of nails into ammo, and all tubes into upgrades.

You'd still be able to craft and use lasgun mods and stuff, but only against enemies where the nailgun would be effectively useless. Everything else you've gotta nail it to the wall. Also it'd be neat to see you craft and use the railgun too. Nail/Rail run!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I imagine most enemies you'd end up knifing.

Edit: Ok, ok, how about this, then.

Rules for a nail/rail gun run
1. The main two weapons are the Nail Gun and the Rail Gun. You must craft either as soon as they are available, and upgrade as soon as you get the tools to do so.
2. You can carry one additional weapon at any time. You may pick up other weapons, but must immediately discard one of your two extra guns.
3. Whenever appropriate, use the Nail gun, Rail gun, or your knife. The third weapon should be a last resort.
4. You can only carry up to three stacks of health items. This includes Canned Meat and Healthkits
5. You can only carry up to three stacks of explosives. This includes RDX, Nailbombs, Canguns, Meat Traps, and Panzerfausts
6. Nailboxes must be turned into nailgun ammo as soon as possible.
7. The only exception for Rule #2 is on the final level, after the level has been cleared but before taking on the boss.

How does that sound? It would still be tough, but should be doable, and would definitely be an entirely different ball game from how you guys have played so far. Anybody willing to give it a shot?

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 15, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Crazy Achmed posted:

I think the health kit limit sounds a bit harsh, but hey, the whole game's a bit harsh.

:ssh: With more inventory room from the restrictions, plus less need for Mchips, I'm imagining a lot more teleporters will get made. :ssh:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Pierzak posted:

Teleporter heals you. It is a health item :unsmigghh:

I specifically excluded it from the list. Of course, if Bacter wants to self-regulate his teleport usage, that's on him, but I think it might be a bit too much to require that as well.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You gotta lay off the canned meat, man. It's just not good for you!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

drat, Bacter, you're doing pretty good. The lack of nail ammo definitely is a problem, but you've gotten a surprising number of nailbox drops from the beefy guys. Once you get the magnet, the game should hopefully really start to open up. :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I bet a really tough challenge would be no crafting. Sure, you can use as many guns, explosives, and health kits as you want, but you'll never have armor, no detector or EM or powerlegs, and you better hope you save the one teleporter the game gives you, because you sure as heck won't be getting another.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Right up until you got cornered by those war walkers, that was some incredibly pro-tier playing, Bacter. It's good to know that two rifle shots and a shockblade will kill a War Walker dead.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I just noticed while rewatching Bacter's slaughterhouse video: He makes two meat jerky, comments, "Oh, I guess they're better than canned meat?" and then proceeds to forget about them for the rest of the run, despite having double-digits canned meat and needing cans. :v:

Honestly, that does kind of seem like one downside of the mod. I love being able to craft drat near everything from everything, but it fills up the crafting menu so much you miss stuff. Like crafting a third small tube because he wanted powerlegs but couldn't find them on the list.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You think he's joking? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh, hey, somebody posted in the Teleglitch thread! That's good timing, because for a short time You can get Teleglitch for like, six bucks.

• Locked thread