Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Jokes on you, there's no Foreword by STR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
2015 is fine.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

2015 is fine.

:getin:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

2015 steady as she goes

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

We were having a clearout at work so I scored this headlight from a Jaaaaaaaaag XF that I intend on building a torch out of.

Thing is I was warned that the little silver box which appears to be a converter (12V battery to 35W@42VAC) seen to the side was dangerous and indeed the label states "Do not open" and "Death or serious injury can occur"
How dangerous is it providing I insulate it and don't open it/short it out?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

2015 is fine.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
New girl is cooking me dinner tonight. We'e going out to eat with my family on Sunday and doing this cool Easter walk where everyone dresses up like they're in 1850's Savannah. Next Friday is my birthday and she's all excited about it. :3:

This next week is looking up!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

goatse guy: I'll have to heck out a breed specific adoption gig, that sounds like it could be good :)

Negromancer posted:

You don't have to get a shelter dog, but please do not buy a $400 dog from a "breeder". You are guaranteed to get a horrible inbred dog that probably has more behavioral issues than any rescue and will have health problems. Especially if it has mini anywhere in the name. If you are set on buying a dog, do your research and find a reputable breeder. Its gonna cost a more money, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

yeah exactly, I'm only looking at breeders recommended by the AKC and none of the Web 2.0 breeder sites since I don't want a neurotic inbred dog haha. my mother in laws dog may be that, but since it's a cavachon (bishon frise or however it's spelled and King Charles ) it more than likely isn't and is possible a puppy mill dog :(

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Tusen Takk posted:

Where do you guys live? I didn't know there were any other Michigoons in AI :v:

I used to live in Flint and my roommate got a great dog from a shelter there. You should have zero problems finding a good dog on the cheap at a shelter in Auburn Hills.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

freelop posted:

We were having a clearout at work so I scored this headlight from a Jaaaaaaaaag XF that I intend on building a torch out of.

where will the fire come out

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

angryhampster posted:

where will the fire come out

It came from a Jag so everywhere most likely

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

They've had that for at least a few years now. :v: You can also do a 30 day permit, but the car can never have been ticketed for expired tags. I've never used the 30 day permit before though, only the 5 day.

Well, poo poo. I should have done the 30-day, then I could be driving the damned thing while waiting on the paperwork.
<looks at link>
Ah, 30-day costs $25. 5-day is free, and is good if the seller keeps the plates (which they can do in TX.)

T-Square posted:

Wait, so am I the only one who just drives whatever I happen to buy home without doing anything? I feel like if we had to get some permit or some poo poo, the second I purchased one the dickhead from craigslist that I had planned to buy the car from would flake out or something.

Never have registered anything until after it's gotten home.

First time I've done it. I only did it on this one because both the reg and inspection where out of date.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
AI should really like Corgis because they're a slammed dog that's built for cornering.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

AI should really like Corgis because they're a slammed dog that's built for cornering.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Yeah dogs are fine I guess but what about cats?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Negromancer posted:

gently caress yea I want I corgi. Next dog is either going to be a corgi or something big like a bernese mountain dog, newfie or Leonberger.
:hfive: this is a good list of dogs and basically the same ones I'm looking at.

Tusen Takk posted:

yeah exactly, I'm only looking at breeders recommended by the AKC and none of the Web 2.0 breeder sites since I don't want a neurotic inbred dog haha. my mother in laws dog may be that, but since it's a cavachon (bishon frise or however it's spelled and King Charles ) it more than likely isn't and is possible a puppy mill dog :(
Once you figure out what breed you're looking for if you need info on breeders let me know. Mom breeds dogs and is on the road showing them most weekends, she knows the top breeders for every drat breed as well as the ones to avoid.

Adiabatic posted:

New girl is cooking me dinner tonight. We'e going out to eat with my family on Sunday and doing this cool Easter walk where everyone dresses up like they're in 1850's Savannah. Next Friday is my birthday and she's all excited about it. :3:

This next week is looking up!
:3:

Margarita date tonight, should be a good time and the weather is perfect for sitting on a patio drinking. I have no idea what I'm looking for but she seems pretty cool so far.

April might end up being a decent month this year.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Once you figure out what breed you're looking for if you need info on breeders let me know. Mom breeds dogs and is on the road showing them most weekends, she knows the top breeders for every drat breed as well as the ones to avoid.

Awesome! My brother and sister in law are looking for German Shepherds, so if she knows any good breeders I'd love for them to not get an inbred dog like many GSD's tend to be :)

and if she knows any toy poodle breeders I'd love their information as well :3:

Lightbulb Out posted:

I've always wanted a black cat with green eyes, a maine coon, or a norwegian forest catte :3:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Lady down the street from me has some kind of Rotti/Husky cross (A Ruskie? :ussr:). It's a great dog, really friendly, but I'm glad I'm a big guy, because he loves to come charging up to you and give you a hug, and he's got some power there. I kind of want to see him do it to my neighbour's kids and scatter them across the street like skittles.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ban OP

forums are gay

army is gay

gas thread

e: thought this was the new army thread

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
loving Justy threw a rod this morning. Hope it didn't destroy the balance shaft or anything else I don't have a spare of.

God drat it, it isn't even registered yet, I was just moving it from the side of the road into my yard. :argh:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Bassett hounds are also slammed.
The thirtyth "that dog is lowered" joke gets pretty old when walking around car shows.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Tusen Takk posted:

Even a lot of "purebred" breeders are terrible. AKC unfortunately doesn't mean much, terrible breeders can register with them. As much as there's a hate on in AI for Pet Island, go in there, post sensibly, be open to criticism, and there's a ton of good advice. A lot of people there know a ton about various breeds, and can often find/help identify decent breeders, or at least point out red flags. The rescue route is a phenomenal one, my dog is a rescue and I don't think I could get lucky enough to "buy" one of her attitude and awesomeness from a breeder.

Tusen Takk posted:

Awesome! My brother and sister in law are looking for German Shepherds, so if she knows any good breeders I'd love for them to not get an inbred dog like many GSD's tend to be :)

For this, definitely post in PI. There are a handful of people who love GSD's, and will definitely help you find a good breeder that doesn't have terrible dogs. A shep is a breed to make sure you know what you are getting, or better yet, go the rescue route - there are a LOT of people who get shepherd's without knowing what they are getting into.

Siochain fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 1, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Siochain posted:

Even a lot of "purebred" breeders are terrible. AKC unfortunately doesn't mean much, terrible breeders can register with them. As much as there's a hate on in AI for Pet Island, go in there, post sensibly, be open to criticism, and there's a ton of good advice. A lot of people there know a ton about various breeds, and can often find/help identify decent breeders, or at least point out red flags. The rescue route is a phenomenal one, my dog is a rescue and I don't think I could get lucky enough to "buy" one of her attitude and awesomeness from a breeder.

My two cents on it anyways :)

Seriously this: If you are going to get a dog/cat/ferret/etc. PLEASE adopt.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

kastein posted:

loving Justy threw a rod this morning. Hope it didn't destroy the balance shaft or anything else I don't have a spare of.

God drat it, it isn't even registered yet, I was just moving it from the side of the road into my yard. :argh:

Pix or it didn't happen :colbert:

CommieGIR posted:

Seriously this: If you are going to get a dog/cat/ferret/etc. PLEASE adopt.

I can't agree with this enough. Shelter animals are totally fine get off your high horse.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Bassett from Spokane bassett rescue.
most expensive $100 dog ever

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GoodbyeTurtles
Aug 18, 2012

:suezo:

kastein posted:

drat dude, that sucks.

I nearly owned a justy a few years back, do you have any pictures?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Siochain posted:

My two cents on it anyways :)

I totally forgot about PI :downs: I'll have to poke around in there.

And I will check out adopting, I'm open to the idea but i dont mind shedding dogs and it would be nice to not have to deal with a crying puppy for two months.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cattes

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

kastein posted:

Time to swap in a motorcycle engine.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I want another Rhodesian Ridgeback. I'll take any suggestions, doesn't need to be show quality (read: show quality price) but well bred is good.
Because counter surfing is fun. Had one growing up, I swear that dog ate more meatloafs and casseroles than we did.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cattesnake?

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 1, 2015

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tusen Takk posted:

and if she knows any toy poodle breeders I'd love their information as well :3:
I'll send her an email and see if she has any recommendations.

kastein posted:

Made it across the country just fine mostly then you felt the need to push your luck trying to off road it. drat hopefully you can fix it with all the spares you picked up along the drive.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

drat dude, that sucks.

I nearly owned a justy a few years back, do you have any pictures?

Here it is in Parker, CO:

(yeah, it's something like a foot to 15" shorter than an ACVW.)

Closer in size to my lawn tractor than one of my other 4x4s.

I had plans to put the spare engine in after cleaning it up and moving all the external parts to it, but was hoping it wouldn't be so soon.

april fools suckaaaaaaa (it does have a hell of a rattle coming from the timing chain however, so the engine needs to be worked on regardless.)

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Does that make my dog one of those lowered motorcycles with a extended swing arm since I have a dachshund?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Cats rule everything around me.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Caaaats.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think your cat found your stash, dude.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Cats are assholes. Cleaned the carpet in the basement yesterday to the tune of $250. Went down this morning and one of the assholes had poo poo on the carpet. He will probably be a throw rug.

• Locked thread