Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doflamingo posted:

Well he kind of did considering what happens after.

Yeah, chicks are complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The so-called "rape" scene was funny. Stop being pills.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

blue squares posted:

FWIW, I have written academic articles on gender issues.

So what you're saying is that your education is worthless.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 11, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
A person's subjective opinion doesn't mean something is objectively funny or not funny. Shows can be both subjectively funny and objectively not funny.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I am also frequently scared by basic cable comedies.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

this is a slippery posting slope you dont want to get on my friend

If you're going to say poo poo about someone, say it publicly. Trashing a guy's reputation by spreading gossip about him is some low class, scummy behavior and whichever female comedians are doing it should be loving ashamed of themselves.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

I'm still going to watch the last two episodes of the season regardless of what some Gawker thinkpiece (which I'm not going to read, because it's Gawker) says about his misconduct.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what Hannibal Buress says about it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Y-Hat posted:

Didn't Cosby come out with his first response to the accusations last week?

No, because Cosby's a smart man with good lawyers.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

precision posted:

e: and like, it's well known that Fred Armisen is a massive rear end in a top hat to women, mentally abusing them for months/years at a time (including his ex-wife Elizabeth Moss), which he has ADMITTED, and which is probably way worse than "whipped dick out in a hotel room", but because it's seen as more "normal" to have messy relationships there isn't some big movement to get Portlandia thrown off the air or anything. Makes u think

The problem is that Armisen isn't the least bit abusive on any real level, but a serial womanizer who uses his wealth and celebrity to score easy pussy. He's no different than the classic rock star banging groupies after the show, except the chicks he pumps and dumps thought they were special because a celebrity deigned to stick his dick in them. That kind of behavior is a far, FAR cry from what Cosby is accused of, and referring them as being in any way similar is totally unfair to Armisen.

tldr; Armisen is basically David Duchoveny without the good looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bango skank posted:

Hannibal had such a promising career ahead of him before the whole Cosby thing. :(

Hannibal Buress was referencing a 20 year old news story that everybody knew about as part of his lame edgelord act. That said, Louis is nowhere near Cosby's level when Cosby was at the height of his popularity. Whoever this broad is, she just needs to come out and say what's on her mind because the whole "tee hee, a popular red headed comedian did something unspeakably bad to me, but I'm not saying who or what because I'm a frightened, helpless girl" is loving obnoxious.

• Locked thread