Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

For anyone else is who is sick of hearing about that scene: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712821

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

blue squares posted:

For anyone else is who is sick of hearing about that scene: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712821

Fine, gas my thread, let's have another 10 pages of why Louie is a rapist.

FWIW, I have written academic articles on gender issues. Not that this means I am suddenly enlightened and understand the plight of women, but my sentiment isn't coming from some misogynist viewpoint. I'm just sick of the discussion since it has been going since the end of last season

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wow. That was a powerful episode. If nothing else, Louie (the show) creates very unexpected moments that resonate.

I'll ignore the opening which amused me and get to the meat of the story. At first, I did not like this episode. I hated, HATED the cop character. But that's the point. I saw a bit of myself in that cop. I know that I am sometimes hard to be around. Not for the same reasons as that jerk, but I can be nonetheless. And to see that hard to be around person try to express themselves, to explain that yes, I am hard to be around, but this is who I am. I don't know how to be any different. That got to me.

And the lost gun scene kept me riveted. Louis CK knows how to make compelling television.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah he was very obnoxious but that was just to build up to that breakdown. I thought the writing was excellent once Louie began telling him to gently caress off

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm really glad the relationship with Pamela is over. I liked her a lot as a friend character, but I'm so sick of watching Louie debase himself over her. I never understood why he the character liked her so much, other than because he is sad and pathetic and enjoys being reminded of that

• Locked thread