Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It'd be funny if that bad comic kid showed up in the background later just crushing a set in a stupid voice.

Edit: Haha, hadn't finished the episode before I wrote that. I guess that was pretty obvious.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I skipped over most of the store owner interaction. At some point, I could just tell where it was going and that I didn't care to see it get there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's too bad if he's done with fart humor because that episode where his pregnant sister is in a bunch of pain and it's one big windup to a fart was pretty good.

This season was shortened because Louis got high, wrote an outline he liked and talked FX into shortening it, and then looked at the outline sober and realized it was garbage.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-louie-got-a-shorter-season-because-louis-ck-got-high

quote:

* How did C.K. wind up doing only 8 episodes this season? Well, originally, he wanted to delay season 5 so he could film it in the fall, since shooting previous seasons in winter — particularly the recent crippling New York winters — was wearing him down. Then, the night before FX chief John Landgraf was going to announce the delay, C.K. smoked a lot of marijuana, felt a burst of inspiration for stories he wanted to tell this season, and wrote pages and pages on his computer, breaking out all of what he felt would be an amazing season. He called Landgraf and asked if he could produce on the original schedule; a frustrated Landgraf told him they had already allocated most of his budget to other shows, and the best they could do was a half-season. So C.K. agreed, Landgraf announced that, and in the sober light of day, C.K. finally read what he had written... and it was gibberish. He didn't use a single idea or joke from it in making season 5. Don't do drugs, kids. Or, at least, don't make big decisions while high.

• Locked thread