Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The show's complete disregard for canon in favor of being a bunch of unconnected vignettes has always been one of its strongest assets, I didn't really like season 4 because it threw that away in favor of a few overarching storylines that were all disappointing; It's like Louie let the praise for season 3's three-parter get to his head and he decided that if people like a 3-parter then a 7-parter would be, like, twice as good and did that without bothering to make a story that supported it.

Really I feel like Louie is just growing in a direction that is less appealing to me in general. I liked him a lot more as a funny guy who occasionally said something thought-provoking or emotional than as a guy who is really concerned with letting the world know how he thinks things ought to be and occasionally telling a joke or two in the process.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread