Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Some might call the beginning of Episode 2 lovely, but I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Oof, Episode 3 was a mess. Don't think I giggled once.
I can't stand Rappaport at all, so that made it 10 times worse.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

AlternateAccount posted:

You also have to give Rappaport a ton of credit for playing that character to the hilt and making him just as obnoxious and terrible as he needed to be.

Agreed. While I hate him as an actor (voice/mannerisms just rub me the wrong way), he definitely succeeded in portraying that type of character.
I see how people could like that episode, but I was hoping for a bit more humor. I get what Louie is trying to do with this show though.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

InfiniteZero posted:

OK, say what you want about the first two episodes but that was one of the best episodes of the entire show. It was perfectly executed. I laughed so hard and felt for Louie at the same time. Seriously: that was loving amazing. His daughters trying not to laugh at him, Pamela laughing right at him, the make-up, the credits sequence with his brother and the way Louie cracks a smile while his brother laughs.

We don't deserve television this good.

Yeah, that episode had a bit of everything, and made me laugh quite a bit.
It was funny, strange, awkward, and touching.
Highlight for me was how the talk between Bobby and Louie ended in his apartment.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm gonna have Louie's nightmares now

I was just going to post this.

I feel like I need to move my hamster cage or something.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Good week for Nick DiPaulo too, he was on Amy Schumer and Louie this week, did a good job on both.

Yeah, that 12 Angry Men episode of Inside Amy was great (as this season has been so far). I urge this thread to check it out.
Nick was awesome.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Emerson Cod posted:

I love that he didn't even bother filming any of the airport scenes outside of the Jet Blue Terminal at JFK. I guess they were the only ones that gave him a permit, the other terminals are a lot less distinctive.

"In the show", that was supposed to be Atlanta's airport, right?
I've been to NY once, and that sky train really looked like the one at JFK. Makes sense that he'd film it all in NY though.

VVV I thought I recognized him from somewhere VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Was nice to see Florentine in that one.
"I only came in it twice" made me howl.
What a weird season. Not really anything like this on TV.

• Locked thread